Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (67987 Views)

My Aunty's Husband Always Grab My Breasts / My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home / My Husband Always Rubs Charm On His Manhood Before Sex - Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by smasher1(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2019
Realhommie:
I think so too.. While not wanting to cast aspersions, she seem like a nag, a very quarrelsome person and that could be what turns him off.. I mean, like she's always ready to have a go at him over any slight issue, she's got an ego ish and that means having 2 captains in one boat. It can never sail well.

She can actually stoop to conquer yet she doesn't know. While not absolving the man of any wrong, I think she can actually make it work. Both of them need some maturing to do and alot more sacrifices.

That's not an issue. We all forget important things to buy at times. Even several times at that. It should not lead to arguments.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Nitah1: 6:52am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:
How Do I Deal With This Level Of Disrespect From My Husband

Dear all

I and my husband are just 2years in marriage.

Every time we have issues concerning anything, he is always telling me to pack my things and leave his house or he will say things like you are off no importance to me and you bring me no value and stuff and stuff. But after a while he will apologize and say he doesn’t mean it.

Last month, what caused our fight was because my mum sent some food stuffs to us because she traveled and got them cheaply. He was angry because he felt that was disrespectful. And the argument degenerated to him telling me to leave his house,

i got tired, called his bluff and left the house but everyone advised me to go back and make it work., well except my dad. Mind you, this was the 5th time.

On my return, we talked about it(like we always do) and i thought it was genuine, and i said i was going to give it one more try.

Today, we had an argument because of baby food. I told hime to buy on his way back. I couldn’t go out because the whole road was terribly flooded .

But he didn't buy it, and that lead to an argument. And the next thing he told me was to fuc.k off and leave. Or he is leaving. As a matter of fact, he just left the house now 12:00am.

I am actually tired of it all. and right now, i don't think i have any love left for him or this marriage.
I think he is cheating on me and for some reason i am beginning to look outside and crave attention, love and respect from someone else.

I don't want my child to grow up seeing me treated like this but most importantly , i don't want her to think it is okay to accept being disrespected and under valued like this.

Married people is this one of the challenges in marriage or what?

Why cant we have an argument that doesn’t lead to leave my house, i dont need you, you bring me no value and all

Also we are very very comfortable, i work and he works too.

Emotionally, i am done.
Learn to be a woman madam...with all indication it seems you refused to be a woman cos u work and he worked too,what can he tell you?
Many women has this problem...they can't just keep their mouth when husband is talking.

Now..that is ur own side, can we hear from your husband now?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Nitah1: 6:54am On Oct 14, 2019
smasher1:

That's not an issue. We all forget important things to buy at times. Even several times at that. It should not lead to arguments.
The woman is at fault... but cannot admit it.
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Juliearth(f): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:

Dear all

Every time we have issues concerning anything, he is always telling me to pack my things and leave his house or he will say things like you are off no importance to me and you bring me no value and stuff and stuff. But after a while he will apologize and say he doesn’t mean it.

Last month, what caused our fight was because my mum sent some food stuffs to us because she traveled and got them cheaply. He was angry because he felt that was disrespectful. And the argument degenerated to him telling me to leave his house,

i got tired, called his bluff and left the house but everyone advised me to go back and make it work., well except my dad. Mind you, this was the 5th time.

On my return, we talked about it(like we always do) and i thought it was genuine, and i said i was going to give it one more try.

Today, we had an argument because of baby food. I told hime to buy on his way back. I couldn’t go out because the whole road was terribly flooded .

But he didn't buy it, and that lead to an argument. And the next thing he told me was to fuc.k off and leave. Or he is leaving. As a matter of fact, he just left the house now 12:00am.

I am actually tired of it all. and right now, i don't think i have any love left for him or this marriage.
I think he is cheating on me and for some reason i am beginning to look outside and crave attention, love and respect from someone else.

I don't want my child to grow up seeing me treated like this but most importantly , i don't want her to think it is okay to accept being disrespected and under valued like this.

Why cant we have an argument that doesn’t lead to leave my house, i dont need you, you bring me no value and all

Emotionally, i am done.

He actually mean those words. You must try as much as possible to avoid putting yourself in that position to be talked down upon. Once the conversation is becoming heated, let it slide. Try to make yourself useful also. Men value women that are up and about. Dust your CV or learn a trade.
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by femydarlington(m): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2019
I think this marriage was based on a wrong foundation - The red flags were there right from the beginning but overlooked. For this to work, two of you have to make a conscious effort and be committed to the union otherwise, the story continues.
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Nitah1: 6:57am On Oct 14, 2019
KingAfo:

Abi o. A woman will not tell you her own negative side of the story.
That's my point exactly.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by TGM2015: 6:57am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:
Thanks all. I appreciate.

Truly speaking, i am just tired of it all.
I do not know how a very comfortable young girl, working in the health sector, traveling to different countries for conferences ended up here.

I feel like this is my life now, no light at the end of this tunnel

No my husband isn’t broke we earn really really well and i am not doing baldly either.

My biggest worry is for my child.
Also when is enough is enough?
I dont want to loose myself. I am just 26.

So sorry for ranting but it is better than talking to family members that will gossip about you.
From your first post, you have concluded that the reason for your husband's behavior is that he has another lady outside. This might not be true, until you know what exactly causes his anger, you may never get the best of him.

Is he having difficulty in his work place? Is there any trouble or problem with his family eating him up? Did you people already have a child? If yes, was the child gender same as his expectations? Did he a plan or project he wish he could have completed or you help with? Did you know what exactly he is expecting from that you are not giving? Like asking him about his well-being, how is work is going...giving him moral support.

You may need to look into that word of his that you are not contributing to his life, mostly expecially probing into his work related issues, his future plans for himself and the family, etc and ofter his supportive hands/advice. You never said he is violent except for the threat of getting out of his house, may I say, his life.

Now, in all sincerity, a man can only apologise to a woman only if he loves her or what to (continue) enjoying sexual relationship with her. For sure, the sex reason cannot be the reason.

Please, ask yourself a sincere question. Since you have married him, have you actually contributed anything to your husband life. Can you, or let me say, can he say, if not my wife (that advised or support) I would not have done this or that. Before, you walked out, mistakingly misinterpreting a loving husband's negative attitude, please reassess his words, may I say accusations, and see if things can be changed, and change for better.

Please the option of nursing a cheating plan within the marriage has never been a good decision, kindly take that thought out. If thing do not change. Your step is to separate yourself from him, that will give you both enough time to reflect and see life outside the enclosure of living together. If after 1 year or 2, there is no reconciliation, then you divorce, learn lessons that help you take a better partner.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by princeakinola1(m): 6:58am On Oct 14, 2019
That's the reason behid what people do say that if you rush in to marriage you will rush out,that's why is good to go for cancelling before marriage and that's reason to pray for bone of bone and flesh of flesh marriage is not all about love love alone,young ladies becareful in using beauty or handsome or brain to choose

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by smasher1(m): 7:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Zret:
Madam ur story is one-sided, u are listening to the wrong advisors, watch who u listening to, its yours to make it work, it may be painfull but remembered for better for worst , seek good counsel not here where many are not married and are advising you

Most marriages have ended because of wicked counsellors when there's actually no real issues. And it starts from nagging. Others would tell you I can't take this but take worse treatment in their home to make their marriage work. From her post, if the man doesn't change, she can change his behaviour by being kind and respectful. She can try it for one year and see the results and come back to tell us. Some women don't know what their husband go through at work and add more fire when he comes back. That's unloving and can lead to such frustrating statements as the husband says.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by chikitobabe(f): 7:01am On Oct 14, 2019
Madam,I will advise u to take a walk out of that marriage,emotional abuse is the worst punishment any one cn give to a person
People outside dnt understand it except the sufferer, it will get to a point you begin to question ur self worth .u begin to see urself as a failure yet people wont see it that way.
These type of men are narcissistic,they hv no empathy, no conscience, and they only tell you sorry to keep u staying while they manipulate and treat u bad.
They find solace in the hands of women out there cos they do not want any emotional attachment either frm you or them.
Thank God you have a child.
6 years of my life was wasted cos people said make it work and I stayed and it still didnt work, rather I was defeated emotionally.
So my dear,pick your child, get something doing and move on.
Trust m u need to be emotionally healthy for that angel God has given to u.

Trust m ,men like this dnt change

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by feelzie(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2019
All I see is u don't understand d man u got married to...seem u used short time u guys dated to be only fvking n romancing rather than trying to study n understand ur weakness n strength....
secondly ur husband myt be temperamental but from ur own tale...it seem u talk to him with disrespect n rude tone..u myt be d kinda lady that ones u open ur mouth... u just don't stop talking.... unless probably he shouts at u or say something hurtful....Infact u myt even be d one that ignited d argument!!!!!... u are d nagging type....Infact u both are two confused ppu that got married probably d fvckng was too sweet...av u really tried to find out if he is going tru any financial challenges or stuffs ...rather than nagging....u both lack maturity.... if he says if what value are u in d marriage... lemme ask..is it possible u leave most of d financial burden to him alone...or u nagg even when he is trying his best to satisfy...possibly cos u earn more than him or u are a rich spoilt kid that av a high standard ..u feel he is not doing up to wah u use to..u bruise his ego without knowing... also whenever u av issues u do call ur parents which is bad!!! as PPI married...lastly it seems there is already one idiot guy thats confusing ur head with fake luv making u feel ur hubby is not good enough for u ..he wud treat u better....see woman listen...ur husband is ur husband let to man or woman outside try to come in between u both... get ur shit together n be determined to turn things around ...since u know Lil tinz annoys him.. avoid his argument ..keep quiet ....n take ur time to find out what his problem really is before u jump into conclusion.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Realhommie(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2019
Mariangeles:

From your narrative, what I observed is that you both get angry and exchange hurtful words ( even if you didn't state yours) at the same time and that is not good for your marriage .

Since you brought the issue here and you're the one we can advise, I'd say (whenever the argument starts ) learn to be patient, be slow to speak, take a deep breath and walk away and watch the tension die down, then you both can talk about it in a more civilized manner .

The more you learn to do that, the more he'll respect you .
Only very few here, i mean a handful actually have reasoned along this line. The majority (who're of course ladies) are in support of the lady and already admonishing/advocating one drastic measure or the other (I'm tempted to refer to them as feminists and they're in their numbers on this thread) not knowing she's also culpable in the issues her marriage is experiencing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:

Dear all

Emotionally, i am done.
u marry a baby husband.
does he smoke?
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by lollybizzu(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:
Thanks all. No i am not a Muslim.
Couples will always have misunderstandings, we are 2 different people with different upbringing so we will always have mis understanding even siblings do.

I just get tired of all the leave my house and stuff.
How do I commit to a marriage financially (although, i do) and emotionally when i can be kicked out any day?

Also isn't the house s ours?
Secondly, how do I protect my child from all this?

Also I believe that every time he apologizes, i tell myself that maybe it was my fault and then i just let it go and go out of my way to please him again. I do not give him space to work on it too in other words,enabling this to continue.

Either ways thanks guys.

See madam don't let anybody advice you wrongly to leave your home.

The first 5years of marriage always tough. A lot of understanding and patience is needed.

The fact that he apologizes means he's still reasonable.

Seek advice from married people that you know very well. I mean that you respect.

God be with you, help you and give you wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Realhommie(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2019
smasher1:

Exactly my point bro.. I mean he forgot and according to her they had a serious argument, over forgetting to buy baby food

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by arcnomec(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2019
elektra:

Somebody needs to make an equivalent of War Room for men
A movie that will provide solution for all their marital problems.
Women cannot be enjoying magical movies alone

Spot on babe.Even that so called "Acrimony" too,we need the male version of it,for us to learn as well.
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by lollybizzu(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2019
Winneygirl:
Is he from a broken home?
Some of these family issues carry on to the childrens lives.
You can't control what he does, and you can't expect perfection from him. You can treat him as an equal. This lies in the way you talk to him.
He forgot something should not degenerate into an argument or fight.
Instead, seek alternatives to the need.
When you treat him as an equal, he will treat you as one.
One thing I use alot is the word 'Help'.
It's not hard to hear me say 'Please Help me', 'Help your daughter ' , 'Help Nigeria'. Even when it is technically not a form of help.
You will be amazed to know the amount of favours I get when I use those words.
So why don't you start saying things like 'Help your Wife' instead of insisting on something.
A little 'Thank you' goes a long way too.
Little drops of water make a mighty ocean.

You are wise.

Don't want to say much.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by maasoap(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:
It is very easy to say stay, work on it, watch war room. Nobody knows how it feels LITERALLY.
. It is well.

Thanks for the Advice or constructive criticism, I appreciate.

Your husband has anger problem. But it is a good sign that it can be managed since he's not violent.

You can't say confidently he's cheating on you because you're not sure

Three, the fact that you are the one telling us your side of the story doesn't mean that you don't have your own fault, woman. The one that is obvious from your story is that you like to argue a lots with your husband over issues. It is an irony that you don't see that as a form of disrespect to your husband. Are you sure that you are not the type who would never say sorry to your husband, always claiming to be right? We only read what your husband said to you during arguments, we don't know what you said back to him. Do we? It takes two to tango

My conclusion: avoid unnecessary arguments with your husband because he's the man in charge. Give him the respect he deserves first by stopping taking things behind his back, ordering him around.

You told him to buy things, right? What if he genuinely forgot? You yourself sounded troublesome, I won't lie to you my co-nairalander.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Prompto: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2019
When people tell you make it work it does not mean you should put your brain to sleep. Making it work does not hinder qualitative reasoning that determine if a union is worth savagingbor abandoning. That in turn does not stop OP from walking away if she can not avoid arguement that lead to her husband insulting her. The fact your union crumbled does not mean walking away is the solution to every situation in union btw others.

chikitobabe:
Madam,I will advise u to take a walk out of that marriage,emotional abuse is the worst punishment any one cn give to a person
People outside dnt understand it except the sufferer, it will get to a point you begin to question ur self worth .u begin to see urself as a failure yet people wont see it that way.
These type of men are narcissistic,they hv no empathy, no conscience, and they only tell you sorry to keep u staying while they manipulate and treat u bad.
They find solace in the hands of women out there cos they do not want any emotional attachment either frm you or them.
6 years of my life was wasted cos people said make it work and I stayed and it still didnt work, rather I was defeated emotionally.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Saintmary(f): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:
Thanks all. No i am not a Muslim.
Couples will always have misunderstandings, we are 2 different people with different upbringing so we will always have mis understanding even siblings do.

I just get tired of all the leave my house and stuff.
How do I commit to a marriage financially (although, i do) and emotionally when i can be kicked out any day?

Also isn't the house s ours?
Secondly, how do I protect my child from all this?

Also I believe that every time he apologizes, i tell myself that maybe it was my fault and then i just let it go and go out of my way to please him again. I do not give him space to work on it too in other words,enabling this to continue.

Either ways thanks guys.
The name on the certificate of ownership of the house determines who owns the house, there is nothing like whatever belongs to your husband also belongs to you.
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by Realhommie(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Respect55:
When are u going to tell us the ones u do tell him during ur *arguments*
My brother, nobody dey ask her dat one oooo..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by endeavor(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:

Dear all

Emotionally, i am done.

I'll really like to talk to you privately if you can grant the audience
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by maasoap(m): 7:22am On Oct 14, 2019
chikitobabe:

Wrong advice. The fact she's the one telling us her side of the story doesn't make her blameless. Most of the women that their husbands leave home for them are usually troublesome wives. Why would husband's failure to buy baby food while coming back from work degenerate to serious argument? This is the question you should ask her. She took food stuffs from her mother without informing her husband! You thought that was perfectly okay too?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by lasheun: 7:23am On Oct 14, 2019
It hurt me deep down when people bring their marital issues here for solution or advice..
How many married people are here?.
Most people here have no first hand experience when it comes to marital affairs nor being counselor.
Please take your problem to a certified counselor and seek real advice, for you will only complicate matter for yourself coming here.
Some people will empathize with you,some will abuse you and some will laugh at you; still you will not get solution.
You must have seen those red flag when you guys were dating before deciding to marry him.
You decided to go ahead because you believe you can manage him.
So seek proper counseling okay,so that it can help you manage him well because i doubt if he will follow you to go see the counselor.
Regards

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by frozen70g(f): 7:24am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:

Dear all

Emotionally, i am done.

You have to be strong, he wasn't really prepared for his marriage and the challenges are driving him nuts

Since you are working, assist him in getting some stuff at home

If he says you should leave his house, tell him that the door is open for him

When he goes out forget about where he goes, he went out to cool off and which ever methods he uses in doing so is his business not your

When he comes back, serve him food and if he refuses it keep it or microwave it for your next meal

He can never pack your things out with your baby, I swear he can't, the kind of curse that will follow him, will lead him to depression

That's how they behave when they are having complex issues with them selves

With time, he will advise himself, don't beg him ohhh, you deserve better

Just a kid he us Loosing balance, by the time they are up to 3,he will disappear from home or what ❓

Just be focused and look after your child, men these days are bent on pouring their anger on women

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by akmath: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2019
blank:
Lock the door and send his clothes out to him. Tell him he is of no importance to you and you have decided to move on. Good luck.

I can't stand such disrespect.
you too like movies.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by maasoap(m): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2019
organism3:
u marry a baby husband.

No, the husband likely married a troublesome woman. The husband forgot to buy baby food. Should that lead to argument unless you have a fantastically trouble-seeking woman as a wife?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by shigishege: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2019
leave him alone ASAP before he kills u. do u still need a prophet to tell you that the marriage can't work?? leave the marriage. but if u think u will remain in his house and look outside for love and attention from other guy that means you are a confirm prostitute.
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by MetaPhysical: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:
It is very easy to say stay, work on it, watch war room. Nobody knows how it feels LITERALLY.
. It is well.

Thanks for the Advice or constructive criticism, I appreciate.

True word.

You have brought up a deep and serious issue. If you took this complaint to the king's council they will ask you come back in seven days to get response. This is not something to be answered spontaneously. It requires reflection.

Give me few days to think on this issue, please.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by maasoap(m): 7:30am On Oct 14, 2019
feelzie:
All I see is u don't understand d man u got married to...seem u used short time u guys dated to be only fvking n romancing rather than trying to study n understand ur weakness n strength....
secondly ur husband myt be temperamental but from ur own tale... It seem u talk to him with disrespect n rude tone..u myt be d kinda lady that ones u open ur mouth... u just don't stop talking.... unless probably he shouts at u or say something hurtful....Infact u myt even be d one that ignited d argument!!!!!... u are d nagging type.... Infact u both are two confused ppu that got married probably d fvckng was too sweet...av u really tried to find out if he is going tru any financial challenges or stuffs ...rather than nagging....u both lack maturity.... if he says if what value are u in d marriage... lemme ask..is it possible u leave most of d financial burden to him alone...or u nagg even when he is trying his best to satisfy...possibly cos u earn more than him or u are a rich spoilt kid that av a high standard ..u feel he is not doing up to wah u use to..u bruise his ego without knowing... also whenever u av issues u do call ur parents which is bad!!! as PPI married...lastly it seems there is already one idiot guy thats confusing ur head with fake luv making u feel ur hubby is not good enough for u ..he wud treat u better....see woman listen...ur husband is ur husband let to man or woman outside try to come in between u both... get ur shit together n be determined to turn things around ...since u know Lil tinz annoys him.. avoid his argument ..keep quiet ....n take ur time to find out what his problem really is before u jump into conclusion.

Thanks man. Most men that leave home for the wives, we knew who the troublesome is now
Re: My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel by youngvito: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2019
Zhuhilat:

Dear all

Emotionally, i am done.
For me, I believe drastic situations call for drastic measures. How can your spouse be your biggest source of misery? This psychopath has no regards for your feelings, marriage as an institution or your companionship.
I am with your dad on this, he does not deserve you, d mistake most people make in life is that they reward bad behaviour..... I suggest you withdraw your love and attention for him and see how he reacts, if he still wants the marriage, let him know what he needs to do otherwise you might sink into depression slowly.
In the meantime, do not let this interfere with your quality of life, do fun stuff... hit d gym, I learn how to dance salsa, learn a new skill at your work place etc... that way he would see that you are not a slave to your emotions like he might expect.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Pregnant Woman Who Posed With 20,000 Bees In Maternity Shoot Had Stillbirth(Pic / Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.