Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says (31476 Views)

Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by Preffered: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

How did you know chapter 3 is a continuation of chapter 2? How comes it's not a continuation of chapter 1?

It actually started from chapter 1 through chapter 2 to chapter 3.

In Malachi 1:6
A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?

You can see that the first and the only set of people that the prophet was addressing in the book of Malachi are the prophet. Any other person or people mentioned were referenced.

If you can make out time to read the entire book of Malachi forgetting what you were told by your pastor, God will open your eyes to the right understanding of the message in it

3 Likes

Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by otokx(m): 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
It is only in Nigeria we hear this talk of tithe, big church buildings everywhere instead of industries then we wonder why there are no jobs.
Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by favour32(m): 5:18am On Oct 14, 2019
Blackvic1:
you wrote all this rubbish here to convince people to tithe, why are Nigerian Christians so concerned about tithing?first of all Tithes were given to the Levites and priests, but there are no Levites and priests in the new covenant. Levites and priests were tied to the sacrificial system of the old covenant. Now all believers are priests (1 Pet. 2:9; Rev. 1:6; 5:10; 20:6), with Jesus as our Melchizedekian high priest (Heb. 7)
Secondly Israel was supposed to celebrate a tithe every three years in Jerusalem. But that requirement cannot apply to Christians today. It related to the Jews as a nation—to Jews who lived in the land of promise and you are here saying rubbish that it should be done every month thieves and criminals in the house of God , everything about Nigeria is built on Lies and deceit

If you hve money give generously to the poor that is what Jesus commanded us to do ,when the Bible said about robbing God he was referring to the levites and the priests , give give give to the poor...that’s whats important not tithing it’s specifically for the Hebrews and Jews in the old mosaic religion
You are right.
Many are blind and are being deceived by these so called pastors because they fail to do Bible research.
Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by above2811(m): 5:28am On Oct 14, 2019
bitbybit123:
Check the link below for an answer given by a pastor. First time am hearing a Nigerian pastor making sense.

https://www.facebook.com/1120913719/posts/10218843139485800/?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i
Am surprised with this frank cum reality talk from this Reverend. In fact am speechless.
Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by lookingfly: 7:16am On Oct 14, 2019
Thisis2raw:
can't even count, some of us are not doing bad in life. We are comfortable
you can go and tell that to a 2 years child but you and I know better grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by lookingfly: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Stop being a blind bat.

The law is not to be depended on for salvation. What we are depending on now is Jesus because we couldn't keep the whole law perfectly. If you decided to keep the law towards salvation, then ensure you keep the whole law. Ensure you never break a single one of it. If you pass all but break one, you will be guilty of even the ones you passed. That's why Paul said such a person is cursed for depending on the law for his salvation. So he days we should depend on Jesus for salvation. Does that mean I can now go about killing people and even becoming homosexual against the law? No, because if I do God will punish me. That's shows that the law is still effective in that regard but not towards salvation. Depending on it for salvation places you under curse because you will always fail.

Do you now understand? But yo you, you thought Paul meant the law has been discarded. If so, kindly break the below law by having g hot sex with your mother tonight and see if the society and God won't punish you

Leviticus 18:6
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the LORD.
its clear you're still confused on the questions you raised above but watch this video, it will surely remove the Vail from your eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbW-r6SHTo
Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by sleekman(m): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2019
I hate it when people choose to deceive other people just because they are lazy to read. Tithing is an old order. In the old order/commandment, tithes were 10% of your earnings for the year and you were supposed to use this tithe to feast with family, friends, loved ones, destitute, aliens(immigrants) those who lacked and the priests. In the 3rd year, you were to go to basically a place earmarked by God to feast and give a portion to the synagogue. It was to be stored for the priests, destitute, orphans, aliens, widows, elderly etc. etc. Read all of the book of Deuteronomy all of the 14th chapter especially 14:22, 14:28 and all of the book of Numbers chapter 18 especially the 26th verse.
Now in the new order, Christ has died for you. He has done all for you. He's paid the supreme price. You owe no one, no devourer, no spirit nothing, anything. You are a new creature. All things have passed away. You are free. This is the freedom Christ gives you. Freedom from blood offerings, freedom from sin, freedom from any kind of offering. You are truly free. He who the Son of God has set free is free indeed. So please let no one deceive you as to why you must tithe. You are only to give as you want, not grudgingly, not compelled, but as being led by the Spirit. Christ came to do away with the old order and install a new one.
Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by PrincewithGod(m): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
Jesus is calling you today!
Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many
will seek to enter and will not be able.
Jesus is the way to eternal life; no one comes
to the Father, but by Him.
Repent and accept Jesus today as your
personal Lord and saviour; He will keep you
safe when every other thing fails.
It is very important to make this all important
decision today, and if you have already
accepted Jesus into your life, continue to
follow Jesus all the way.
He will shepherd you so that you find pasture in this life, and also
in the life to come.
- Copied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by sammchuck1: 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
E be like say make I enter church collect refund of all my tithes. SMH.
Re: Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says by openmine(m): 12:49am On Oct 15, 2019
Metobime:
The Bible mention four(4) category of beneficiaries :
1. Widow
2. Fatherless (Orphan)
3. Strangers
4. The Levites ( Pastors)

The Bible say we should give our tithe to these beneficiaries in whatever form; grains, wine or STRONG WINE hmmm:

My question now is since we are not allowed to administer the tithe to these beneficiaries, who the Bible say should administer the tithe?
The Levite is a tribe that was chosen by God to take care of the temple during the old covenant and NOT a position or title handed to anyone or an acclaimed "man of God"!
No where in the bible was an apostle or pastor given the authority or mandate to accept or receive tithe from believers!
If there is,please do well to provide them from the bible so that we can all learn!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) / Flooding Has Been Swallowed Up, Prophet Shola Says After Meeting Governor Douye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.