Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,714 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1331383 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
Yes absolutely. Not sure it will add points but I think you should try

DeevaB:
Hello People,

I have a summer school academic certificate from university of Oslo, Norway.
The course was taught at a master's level and got a certificate of participation after completion.

Can I evaluate this with WES alongside by bachelors degree for more points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Uchboggy:
Gurus in the house please is it possible that someone’s ielts results (MOD) to be mixed up or exchanged with another person’s.

I’m asking because a friend of mine that scored very high in her first mod ielts (except reading) , retook the test because of the reading , practiced so hard for the whole test, was very very confident after the test that she aced the whole test this time. But when the test results came out yesterday she go 6.5 6 6.5 7 LRWS

Personally I could vouch for her listening because I saw her practices and she would have told me if she was in any doubt of her performance after the test. I personally don’t believe it’s her results whether it is possible or not

Anyone please share your experiences

since she is confident, she should request for remark for all modules
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 2loadedguy: 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
weirdarkhitekt:

since she is confident, she should request for remark for all modules
It is very unlikely that her result was substituted or something fishy happened.IELTS is one of the trickiest exam u can write, u may get band 9 this week and write it next week and get a band 6 in IELTS the reason is because a lot actually depends on the type of questions u get on the exam day, your mood and the ambience. These things play out and I know from my experience in writing IELTS 5 times bfr I aced it and the last one i aced was because I got questions like map reading and what I like in listening and writing.My advice is don't waste your money. Advise her to resit because it's very unlikely all the modules will change to a band 8.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 2loadedguy: 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
With this US immigrant visa ban, I'm already thinking of getting a beninoise passport. Most Western countries (including Canada) have a habit of doing whatever the US does and it's only a matter of time they all ban Nigeria from immigrant visas.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DexterousOne(m): 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2020
2loadedguy:
With this US immigrant visa ban, I'm already thinking of getting a beninoise passport. Most Western countries (including Canada) have a habit of doing whatever the US does and it's only a matter of time they all ban Nigeria from immigrant visas.

But you are not beninoise

Why do you want to get a beninoise passport undecided

Ndi Nigeria sef

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lexzi: 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
Congratulations!!! I key into your testimony and awesome timeline.

otunoba1:
God of awesome wonders!

It’s PPR fam...

AOR- 25 OCT
FSW - O
VO - I don’t know
2 ADRs - IMM5475 and RPRF

It can only be God.....I can’t sleep again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by DexterousOne(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
PreciousRuby:
Hello house,

I just want to say do not give up on your relocation dreams..just hang in there no matter your current stage...it will all end in praise.

For those currently stuck with Unilag delays in either transcript or verification level and need a form of assistance, kindly reach out to me.

I have the contact of someone who recently assisted me with mine and I am awaiting my evaluation.

Please oh

Here I am

I need the assistance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
Fear mongering undecided

2loadedguy:

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
Send me a P.C

tayogbade:
Please does anyone have a contact in LASU that can help with transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ocon: 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
SunshineD1:

Search for PCC on this thread or inspector Moshood. If you read the previous page, someone shared a woman's contact for this
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bezimo(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
Itzpearlz:
Good morning Fam'

Quick question please.

After getting PR, if I meet another PR in Canada and we fall in love and want to marry, how does that work?
And what are the possible implications (if any)?

Which kind question be this.Lol like are you for real..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2020
Wow..its been a minute and I ve been trying to read up.

Massive congratulations to all who got PPR...Wish you God's favour in your new home. All the best to you and yours truly.

@eryosa0
@changeofscene
@mamatea...your story is touching oo...I was teary mehn. 15months no be beans. Also, I think we missed marking your story. Your score is 10/10. Thanks for sharing. I am really encouraged.
@odogwudike
@otunboa01

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bezimo(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kekereekun123:
marriage is not a priority for oyinbo and those 9ja guys with pr there. People prefer common law partners more. Men are now wise abroad due to unfavourable divorce laws . If you can still fall in love while in nigeria please do. With all the bills in canada it will be hard to carry over 3m to nigeria to marry o. Single ladies be wise.

3m ke.. na mbaise girl or what..
I am PR and I dey fin wife grin grin speak for yourself oh.Lol don't come and say what you don't know..all my friends that are either PR or citizen are married with their wives. That been said..just that most of the 9ja girls here have this bitch ass attitude that makes you start seeing oyibo girls as the likely option..

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2020
DexterousOne:

But you are not beninoise

Why do you want to get a beninoise passport undecided

Ndi Nigeria sef

Person won comot for nigeria u dey ask that kind question sad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by neo4real: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2020
Adeken2020:
Hi everyone
Please am new here,i really need someone to guide and help me with step by step for the canadian express entry processes.thank you please email me at adebisikehindeadetola@gmail.com

You are at the right place, welcome.......
Oya start reading https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Amylicious: 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
I don't know. Please send a mail to them
ProElite:

Is it possible to change my IELTS test from CBT to PBT.....the person who registered for me chose the computer based but I will prefer the Paper based.
Please advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
2loadedguy:
this is funny. But 9ja government should act fast make canada no reason our matter . Imagine the police report we got for 5k. Even shekau can go there to obtain it. No database to check the yeye fingerprints.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ovywils: 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Took ielts test today.
All went well though I didn't finish my conclusion in writing task 2... Hoping for the beat

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Orekelewah: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
Wish you all the best
Ovywils:
Took ielts test today.
All went well though I didn't finish my conclusion in writing task 2... Hoping for the beat

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bezimo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
ednut1:
this is funny. But 9ja government should act fast make canada no reason our matter . Imagine the police report we got for 5k. Even shekau can go there to obtain it. No database to check the yeye fingerprints.

Nah it ain't happening.Nor be everything USA do Canada dey follow..Canada have a mind of their own..as a matter of fact Canada PM Justin Trudeau disagrees with most of Trump policies. So relax.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifeboi: 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kindly advice on the appropriate NOC to use in this instance:

Hold a lecturing position in a University in Nigeria but left on a leave without pay since 2016 for a Postdoctoral fellowship outside the country. The postdoc lasted till 2018.
On another fellowship since 2018, but this time outside a University.

Question now is - to maximize points on work experience, is 4011, the NOC for University Professor still applicable in this case? Or look for a more appropriate NOC fitting the JD of the current fellowship which is less than 2 years experience.

Any insights on this will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olaniyisal: 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
Can you please share the person contact with me.. I want to ask few questions on application progress..

Dkberen:

I know of someone that did. Its normal. It shows that your file has some ongoing activity
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olaniyisal: 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Do you know of anyone of the same trends

bankyh1905:
It means your application is being worked on. For most people, it comes immediately after MEP/BIL.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mimik2: 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Just a lil update for those who are wondering the outcome of our Caleb University Waka.
Recall I came here in 2018 asking people to come to Caleb for PDG and that we needed up ten people to get a discount. Well, few people showed interest but only two eventually enrolled. So we didn't get the discount expected. We eventually paid the full tuition which was 470k instead of 400k.

Anyways, we concluded the program September last year and got our transcript sent to WES in October. ECA is out as One Year post graduate degree. See attached.

Upon completion of the program last year, my IELTS expired, so I decided to write another. Writing showed me pepper, I wrote twice and still did not get the desired score. Thank God for @blissnenye, I contacted her a week to writing the third one in Jan. She was really helpful. Thanks Sis, God bless you.
Now I have LRSW 887.57....I plan remarking the listening and writing thou. Cos I need to max out.

Right now I'm in the pool with 461...actively searching for PNP... It seems the way to go now as scores are not coming down anytime soon.

Keep pushing guys, do what you have to do (legally) now. It will surely end well.

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ovywils: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Thank you
Orekelewah:
Wish you all the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
mimik2:
Just a lil update for those who are wondering the outcome of our Caleb University Waka.
Recall I came here in 2018 asking people to come to Caleb for PDG and that we needed up ten people to get a discount. Well, few people showed interest but only two eventually enrolled. So we didn't get the discount expected. We eventually paid the full tuition which was 470k instead of 400k.

Anyways, we concluded the program September last year and got our transcript sent to WES in October. ECA is out as One Year post graduate degree. See attached.

Right now I'm in the pool with 461...actively searching for PNP... It seems the way to go now as scores are not coming down anytime soon.

Keep pushing guys, do what you have to do (legally) now. It will surely end well.

Chai!! This is how God vindicates people o!!!

I was a member of the Doubting Thomas Gang concerning Caleb Uni...in fact I remember making a comment at the time about how people should shine their eyes (because I had not heard of a Uni giving group discounts and I assumed it may have been a scam)...now see!

Congratulations on the ECA. All the very best with the rest of the process!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by plus7(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Elders in the house or anyone that has successfully used ICES for ECA report, kindly help

plus7:

Hello sesay.
Thank for your reply the last time.

From your recent posts, I realized you used ICES for you ECA report......please I need some guidance based on your experience with them.

My wife has both RN and RM and we decided to use ICES because IQAS stopped receiving application.

We/she created her account online but got confused at a point, she was asked to attach some documents like academic records......what did u use? Transcript or your school issued diploma??
Also after attaching the documents online, did u still sent by courier?.

Kindly shed more light.

God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by emmatrack(m): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2020
mimik2:

I really salute your courage and determination. As regards IELTS, I'd say you shouldn't bother with remark IMO. Perhaps you should just keep an eye on pnp for now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by unofficial(m): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
ednut1:

I sight you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by YesLadyN: 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2020
YesLadyN:
Hello House,

Glad to make my first post here and congratulations to all those who’s had PPR.

Please who here has used CES of University of Toronto for their ECA? What was the experience like?

Thanks.

Anybody home

Also, from personal experience, between CBT and PBT which is preferable and why? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.