Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1331328 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jonbeezy(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2020
phabulous88:

1) IELTS - register for the IELTS with the British Council and write the exam. Exams are suspended now though because of COVID 19

ECA - register with WES (Canada) and when you pay, you get a reference number.

You can send your transcript using the following:

Option 1 - https://wes.etx.ng. This is sent electronically but can take a longer time.
Option 2 - ask Exams and records to send directly to WES Canada. Transcript must be in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official at the institution.
Option 3 - if Exams and record gives you the document to send to WES, it MUST be in a sealed envelope.

Always quote your reference number

3) Reference letter - what’s your job description? Check the National Occupational Classification and see where you fall in. Check page 1 for reference letter format (not recommendation letter).

4) Funds - when you receive your ITA, funds should have been in your accounts for 6 months.

Thank you very much Phabulous. I understand that the IELTS is on hold for now. Well, i am studying very hard for it because i want to get high marks.

Secondly, It seems option 1 and 2 cannot work for me for ECA valuation. Reason is i don't trust how long getting my transcript transferred to WES will take. And since everybody's on a lockdown(I don't even know if UNIZIK will open in the near future), it'll be a time risk to have my school send those required docs to WES. You know how lazy and non-chalant they can be.
So i plan to get my transcript and have it mailed to WES myself.

Thirdly, i was a sales manager in the retail shop then. Just quitted like some months ago to start something up for my self. Also, i wasn't paid all along but the Business is registered. ( just like i was learning a trade) do you think the non-payment part'll affect my chances?? Of course the CEO is a family friend, so getting a reference letter won't be such a hurdle.

Lastly, i have projected my business to rake in a profit equal or a bit more than the required POF. But, COVID 19 is wrecking my plans for now...but i am optimistic i can get aleast equal of the POF in the remaining months of the year. Please advise me. Thank you very much for your response. Good morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nedu2144(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2020
niceeric:

Yes o.....I got the alert this afternoon

Lol why is ur case different?
Tell us what we don't know.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 9:16am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Jonbeezy post=88827419]

Thank you very much Phabulous. I understand that the IELTS is on hold for now. Well, i am studying very hard for it because i want to get high marks.

Secondly, It seems option 1 and 2 cannot work for me for ECA valuation. Reason is i don't trust how long getting my transcript transferred to WES will take. And since everybody's on a lockdown(I don't even know if UNIZIK will open in the near future), it'll be a time risk to have my school send those required docs to WES. You know how lazy and non-chalant they can be.

Thirdly, i was a sales manager in the retail shop then. Just quitted like some months ago to start something up for my self. Also, i wasn't paid all along but the Business is registered. ( just like i was learning a trade) do you think the non-payment part'll affect my chances?? Of course the CEO is a family friend, so getting a reference letter won't be such a hurdle.

Lastly, i have projected my business to rake in a profit equal or a bit more than the required POF. But, COVID 19 is wrecking my plans for now...but i am optimistic i can get aleast equal of the POF in the remaining months of the year. Please advise me. Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 9:18am On Apr 25, 2020
[quote author=Jonbeezy post=88827419]

Lastly, i have projected my business to rake in a profit equal or a bit more than the required POF. But, COVID 19 is wrecking my plans for now...but i am optimistic i can get aleast equal of the POF in the remaining months of the year. Please advise me. Thank you very much for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Amys: 9:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Jonbeezy:

Lastly, i have projected my business to rake in a profit equal or a bit more than the required POF. But, COVID 19 is wrecking my plans for now...but i am optimistic i can get aleast equal of the POF in the remaining months of the year. Please advise me. Thank you very much for your response. Good morning.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by phabulous88(m): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2020
Jonbeezy:

Your reference letter should show your annual gross salary, working hours and responsibilities. See link below on the format of a reference letter -
https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/25#70087190

If you want to claim that you were paid in cash, you will need to provide payslips. You can read up on the experiences of people who were paid in cash here -

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/142#76663649

In addition to the reference letter, you might want to include employment letter.

For WES, make sure that your WES reference number is included. You can check the WES website for requirements

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abiodunn: 9:47am On Apr 25, 2020
Congratulations bros, I love reading motivational stories like yours.
No one says it will be easy, but it will be well worth it...

SamUnai:
SHOULD I RELOCATE OR STAY
PS: This is a personal View as a PR in Canada
I will do my best to give an honest view . LONG POST
HOW IT STARTED.
January 4th, 2016 I resumed like every other colleague, after the morning prayers and HNY wishes, i realized I could not sign-in into my system. I tried all I could but no way and as a banker with 4 years experience we all know what that means. SACK. As usual my BM called me in and I wrote my resignation letter (reason why bank do this, is what I don’t know). I gather my few things and left before leaving my BM also mentioned to me that it was not because of under performance but rather is due to the fact that I don’t have BSC but HND. I told him no wahala with my eyes filled with tears left his office. What a way to start the year.
Around 5PM that same day a senior colleague called me and asked if I was free (them don sack me what else could I be doing) I told him I was free and he asked me to meet him up at restaurant . I didn’t want to go at first cus I suspected it will be one of those sermon of you know sack is not the end of life but I sha manage to go. Before he started talking to me , he brought out his BB and showed me a picture of his passport with the Canadian VISA. In my mind hope this Benin man doesn’t want to tell me about abroad cus and not interested. Then he asked quietly have you heard about Canada express entry I said no. what of Canadian PR I said no boss. Then he said do you know you are very lucky with this your HND? Me? How?, he went further to explain the whole process to me stage by stage, how I will get more point with this my HND , At this point he has started to arouse my interest , then he went further to tell me the benefit of a Canadian PR , I was still trying to arrange everything he just said in my head when baba showed me his flight details ahh he is traveling next month oo in fact he said he want to do VAL in Canada with his family. You need to see the ginger in my body I drove home.

IELTS
Wrote once and passed LRWS 8877.5(practiced for 4weeks morning afternoon evening and night. No job so that was my work at that time.
OTHER STAGES.
It was very easy from WES-ITA-PCC-MED-AOR-PR-COPR.
It was straight forward. It took 4 months and 2weeks from AOR-PR. (Those days we don’t bother about VO just submit and leave it in the hands of God).
PR -18TH August 2016
CORP-10TH September 2016

D DAY TO TRAVEL.
I arranged my bags, mumsy don pray for me already, I woke up early that morning and prayed my rosary then cab man show as planned and it was straight to the airport.
I started feeling somehow oo while at the airport, all my enthusiasm vanished, fear began to set in if relocating was the right thing to do. But I quickly waved it off and located my gate. I landed in Toronto at exactly 11:40am on the 16th of November 2016 via ET air. Nothing really fascinating about the flight. I watched movies, ate what they gave us and slept majority of the time

ARRIVAL
On the day of arrival, we landed successfully , I asked questions on where to go and peeps over here were ready to assist with a smile (in my mind I said e be like say the place go good oo) did documentation and register for SIN, I was asked if I came with my whole POF , I told her I came with little but will wire the rest once am settled , she said ok and Welcome to Canada(in my mind again so this woman nu even reason weda I dey lie or talk true hmmmm). I got to the Air Canada desk to collect boarding pass only for them to tell me that flight to Calgary where am headed just left( in my mind I screamed MY FATHER MY FATHER) before I could say anything she said calmly ,Don’t worry we will reschedule you for the next flight to YYC.¬(WHICH ONE BE YYC AGAIN) her colleague saw my face and quickly said Calgary . Waited for 3hrs before the next flight. During this period of waiting I started thinking about my life again, the airport is so Big and clean plus free wifi(that is fast ooo). We sha left and we arrived in Calgary around 9 or 10pm can’t remember. That my colleague that told me about the process was waiting for me. We moved straight to his apartment, and the wife gave me a hot sweet pepper jollof rice and chicken . I had my bath and slept. The next day I opened account and did some few things (no big deal with does stuff)

JOB HUNTING.
I applied for all sort of job and opening this was the advice I got from that my boss. After 4days which was on a Tuesday a security firm sent me a mail for an online interview via skype , during the interview(for naija na interrogation we they do nu be interview) the man said he can see from my resume that I did some course in Health Safety and environment ( you know that HSE 1,2 and 3 Course that we did during NYSC na for those of us hoping to get oil job, ehen na that course I dey talk,) I said yes and he asked politely if I will rather like to work as a safety officer (like I get choice) I said I don’t mind and he went further to say that is 3 dollar/hr higher in pay than the security officer but I will have to undergo some training if am chosen ( at this point I know say them don collect me)Gbam the Evening of that day I got a success mail(Na so e dey fast?). From this point I moved to other job, to another job, until my current job which I have done for about a year plus. PS: When coming to Canada ehh please come with every certificate you have I beg you because you don’t know the one that will open that door for you even that SAED for NYSC come with am, those short course/training you did in your office come with the certificate abeg. You might get a lot of blue collar jobs at first please accept the once you can do and hit the ground running. The goal is not to spend more than 20% of your POF and Save the rest.

HEALTH CARE,
I have little to say here as hardly visit the Hospital except for the time my wife gave birth last year, my brother we were treated like VIPs oo had to ask and I was told our insurance covered every,I was also told that’s how everybody is treated . Hospital so Clean like 5 star hotel, smells nice, doctors and nurse smiling, I even met one naija lady self nurse Adaobi . See gifts na, from the hospital to colleagues o to my wife office people. It was amazing. Leave was close to 35weeks or so.

RENT
Cut your coat according to your material and not size. There is also nothing serious about this too, if you are prudent and know where you are coming from , you can pay for your rent and utility monthly and even have some change. We moved into our own apartment (mortgage) early this year before the Covid-19 wahala.

TRANSPORTATION.
There is a large transportation network that encompasses everywhere ranging from Buses to Trains. There is also an app for it, it contains routes and timetable of movement. Plus fare is very cheap. I think is $3 for one way or so. Haven’t uses in a while.

COST OF LIVING IN CANADA (Calgary)
The cost here is relatively fare compare to other province. the rent is also not too expensive , is usually between 1k for a condo to 2500 for a 4bedroom. Shopping is also relatively fare with 200-300 dollar you can shop for everything you need within the month. The basic thing is that irrespective of what you earn as a new comer combine with at least 50% of you POF you should be ready to hit the ground running and in no time you can return that POF back to your saving account. So as a starter as we call them in my office, $1500 should be enough to get u going (min wage in Alberta still ranges from $14-$18/hr)

SOCIAL LIFE.
Here is a bit boring sha if you are already used to the naija Lagos life. But you can make it happen it you choose to and also have the time.

CONCLUSION.
You will need to ask yourself some questions.
Is this what I want, what kind of life do I want my children to have, if am not a VERY RICH man can they attend good schools here? or even have good health care, if I don’t have connection or know people in high places after my BSC or Masters can I at least get a decent job? If for example my parents don’t have money to sent me to college\university will the government give me a grant to go to school?. If I come to work one morning and i have been sacked is there an employment insurance that can cover me before I secure another job?. With this my current job and pay can I at least get a decent car or how many years do I need to save so I can’t get a house of my own(even doh is via mortgage ). If they kidnap any member of my family, will the total money I have saved be enough for the ransom?. If anything happens to me today, what becomes of my wife and children?. If I want to iron your cloths do i need to pray to God for electricity?, If I continue on this job in this country will I ever break even if I don’t steal or go into prostitution (that is self sustainability). Some folks will tell you that you have to work for every penny you spend and I ask them how else do you intend to get a penny if you don’t work, but they fail to tell you that for everything you pay for you get 100% value or won’t you rather want to have a passport/status that allows you travel to other countries without so much fear of Visa denial
Finally it is also true that the main reason is not to come and make money but to live a sane life, Now this is me telling you that if you work diligently, going for what you need instead of what you want, be prudent especially when you just arrive, in no distant time you will drive that nice car you see on TV and move into your own house, you know why? Canada rewards hard working people.
NOTE: You are free to ask me any question and I will answer. Also pardon the typos. Once again this is my OWN experience. This is also my first post although i usually visit here when am less busy at work and I will say I love the commitment and effort you guys put just to get it right
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 10:13am On Apr 25, 2020
phabulous88:

Your reference letter should show your annual gross salary, working hours and responsibilities. See link below on the format of a reference letter -
https://www.nairaland.com/4657743/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/25#70087190

If you want to claim that you were paid in cash, you will need to provide payslips. You can read up on the experiences of people who were paid in cash here -

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/142#76663649

In addition to the reference letter, you might want to include employment letter.

For WES, make sure that your WES reference letter is included. You can check the WES website for requirements

Bros, no vex. Does WES also require reference letter from employer? What reference letter are you referring to with respect to WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by phabulous88(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2020
Kampack:

Bros, no vex. Does WES also require reference letter from employer? What reference letter are you referring to with respect to WES

Apologies. I meant your WES reference number

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 10:17am On Apr 25, 2020
Nedu2144:

Lol why is ur case different?
Tell us what we don't know.
Lol...I really do not know why my case seems different as you put it but I've seen a lot of miracles happen in each step of this my race. ITA announcement up next. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ashmark(m): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2020
Ginna25:

Thank you for your response. When you say electronically do you mean by mail pls. because i have been trying to get a mail. not found any

Send through hellofax.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2020
phabulous88:

Apologies. I meant your WES reference number

Ok, Thanks.

I have another question please and it's about my spouse. She finished a few years ago from UNIBEN, and has her statement of result (the official letter from UNIBEN stating that she has graduated with mat number..bla bla bla), but yet to collect her certificate. Can I send her "Statement of Result" to WES in lieu of Certificate, for the ECA purposes? I sometimes fear the delays, and currently have no contact detail of anyone who can do the running around it sometimes entail. With her present condition, shes advised against travelling and stress (even if there was no lockdown).

Secondly, what short course apart from CIPM can she take, and easily obtain a certificate that can be useful for this immigration purposes. I don't even mind hairdressing course or anything at all, provided it can suffice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Good morning to everyone,

Please I need quick answer to this. I have been using online sample test for listening for days now BUT everything just looks complicated, I hardly get 25/40, Please GURUs in the house, Is the listening test the same or similar to what is on ieltsonlinetest.com. Quick response please. I am so worried
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2020
Teemez:

Please I need quick answer to this. I have been using online sample test for listening for days now BUT everything just looks complicated, I hardly get 25/40, Please GURUs in the house, Is the listening test the same or similar to what is on ieltsonlinetest.com. Quick response please. I am so worried
Yes the general training listening questions are similar....trust me, it isnt hard. Practise in very quiet locations, maximum concentration is necessary and follow instructions; if you're asked to choose options a-e, stick with that, your answers should be a,b,c,d or e not the words corresponding to the letters in the question, spelling and right punctuation is of utmost importance. I had 6.5 in my first ever listening test there, I aimed for 8 onwards though got 7.5 a couple of times, if/when you get a consistent 8 without rewinding the audio, you're ready and you'll most likely score higher in the real test.Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2020
Teemez:

No, it's more difficult, use the official Cambridge test to know how the real exam is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by COPR2020: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2020
Kampack:

Ok, Thanks.

I have another question please and it's about my spouse. She finished a few years ago from UNIBEN, and has her statement of result (the official letter from UNIBEN stating that she has graduated with mat number..bla bla bla), but yet to collect her certificate. Can I send her "Statement of Result" to WES in lieu of Certificate, for the ECA purposes? I sometimes fear the delays, and currently have no contact detail of anyone who can do the running around it sometimes entail. With her present condition, shes advised against travelling and stress (even if there was no lockdown).

Secondly, what short course apart from CIPM can she take, and easily obtain a certificate that can be useful for this immigration purposes. I don't even mind hairdressing course or anything at all, provided it can suffice. Thanks

SOR is accepted

Short courses:
Cima(self paced)
Unilag hrdc(6 to 9 months)
Acca f1 to f4(diploma business accounting) self paced
Bcs(exams written twice a year March and September)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ca4real: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2020
SamUnai:
SHOULD I RELOCATE OR STAY
PS: This is a personal View as a PR in Canada
I will do my best to give an honest view . LONG POST
HOW IT STARTED.
January 4th, 2016 I resumed like every other colleague, after the morning prayers and HNY wishes, i realized I could not sign-in into my system. I tried all I could but no way and as a banker with 4 years experience we all know what that means. SACK. As usual my BM called me in and I wrote my resignation letter (reason why bank do this, is what I don’t know). I gather my few things and left before leaving my BM also mentioned to me that it was not because of under performance but rather is due to the fact that I don’t have BSC but HND. I told him no wahala with my eyes filled with tears left his office. What a way to start the year.
Around 5PM that same day a senior colleague called me and asked if I was free (them don sack me what else could I be doing) I told him I was free and he asked me to meet him up at restaurant . I didn’t want to go at first cus I suspected it will be one of those sermon of you know sack is not the end of life but I sha manage to go. Before he started talking to me , he brought out his BB and showed me a picture of his passport with the Canadian VISA. In my mind hope this Benin man doesn’t want to tell me about abroad cus and not interested. Then he asked quietly have you heard about Canada express entry I said no. what of Canadian PR I said no boss. Then he said do you know you are very lucky with this your HND? Me? How?, he went further to explain the whole process to me stage by stage, how I will get more point with this my HND , At this point he has started to arouse my interest , then he went further to tell me the benefit of a Canadian PR , I was still trying to arrange everything he just said in my head when baba showed me his flight details ahh he is traveling next month oo in fact he said he want to do VAL in Canada with his family. You need to see the ginger in my body I drove home.

IELTS
Wrote once and passed LRWS 8877.5(practiced for 4weeks morning afternoon evening and night. No job so that was my work at that time.
OTHER STAGES.
It was very easy from WES-ITA-PCC-MED-AOR-PR-COPR.
It was straight forward. It took 4 months and 2weeks from AOR-PR. (Those days we don’t bother about VO just submit and leave it in the hands of God).
PR -18TH August 2016
CORP-10TH September 2016

D DAY TO TRAVEL.
I arranged my bags, mumsy don pray for me already, I woke up early that morning and prayed my rosary then cab man show as planned and it was straight to the airport.
I started feeling somehow oo while at the airport, all my enthusiasm vanished, fear began to set in if relocating was the right thing to do. But I quickly waved it off and located my gate. I landed in Toronto at exactly 11:40am on the 16th of November 2016 via ET air. Nothing really fascinating about the flight. I watched movies, ate what they gave us and slept majority of the time

ARRIVAL
On the day of arrival, we landed successfully , I asked questions on where to go and peeps over here were ready to assist with a smile (in my mind I said e be like say the place go good oo) did documentation and register for SIN, I was asked if I came with my whole POF , I told her I came with little but will wire the rest once am settled , she said ok and Welcome to Canada(in my mind again so this woman nu even reason weda I dey lie or talk true hmmmm). I got to the Air Canada desk to collect boarding pass only for them to tell me that flight to Calgary where am headed just left( in my mind I screamed MY FATHER MY FATHER) before I could say anything she said calmly ,Don’t worry we will reschedule you for the next flight to YYC.¬(WHICH ONE BE YYC AGAIN) her colleague saw my face and quickly said Calgary . Waited for 3hrs before the next flight. During this period of waiting I started thinking about my life again, the airport is so Big and clean plus free wifi(that is fast ooo). We sha left and we arrived in Calgary around 9 or 10pm can’t remember. That my colleague that told me about the process was waiting for me. We moved straight to his apartment, and the wife gave me a hot sweet pepper jollof rice and chicken . I had my bath and slept. The next day I opened account and did some few things (no big deal with does stuff)

JOB HUNTING.
I applied for all sort of job and opening this was the advice I got from that my boss. After 4days which was on a Tuesday a security firm sent me a mail for an online interview via skype , during the interview(for naija na interrogation we they do nu be interview) the man said he can see from my resume that I did some course in Health Safety and environment ( you know that HSE 1,2 and 3 Course that we did during NYSC na for those of us hoping to get oil job, ehen na that course I dey talk,) I said yes and he asked politely if I will rather like to work as a safety officer (like I get choice) I said I don’t mind and he went further to say that is 3 dollar/hr higher in pay than the security officer but I will have to undergo some training if am chosen ( at this point I know say them don collect me)Gbam the Evening of that day I got a success mail(Na so e dey fast?). From this point I moved to other job, to another job, until my current job which I have done for about a year plus. PS: When coming to Canada ehh please come with every certificate you have I beg you because you don’t know the one that will open that door for you even that SAED for NYSC come with am, those short course/training you did in your office come with the certificate abeg. You might get a lot of blue collar jobs at first please accept the once you can do and hit the ground running. The goal is not to spend more than 20% of your POF and Save the rest.

HEALTH CARE,
I have little to say here as hardly visit the Hospital except for the time my wife gave birth last year, my brother we were treated like VIPs oo had to ask and I was told our insurance covered every,I was also told that’s how everybody is treated . Hospital so Clean like 5 star hotel, smells nice, doctors and nurse smiling, I even met one naija lady self nurse Adaobi . See gifts na, from the hospital to colleagues o to my wife office people. It was amazing. Leave was close to 35weeks or so.

RENT
Cut your coat according to your material and not size. There is also nothing serious about this too, if you are prudent and know where you are coming from , you can pay for your rent and utility monthly and even have some change. We moved into our own apartment (mortgage) early this year before the Covid-19 wahala.

TRANSPORTATION.
There is a large transportation network that encompasses everywhere ranging from Buses to Trains. There is also an app for it, it contains routes and timetable of movement. Plus fare is very cheap. I think is $3 for one way or so. Haven’t uses in a while.

COST OF LIVING IN CANADA (Calgary)
The cost here is relatively fare compare to other province. the rent is also not too expensive , is usually between 1k for a condo to 2500 for a 4bedroom. Shopping is also relatively fare with 200-300 dollar you can shop for everything you need within the month. The basic thing is that irrespective of what you earn as a new comer combine with at least 50% of you POF you should be ready to hit the ground running and in no time you can return that POF back to your saving account. So as a starter as we call them in my office, $1500 should be enough to get u going (min wage in Alberta still ranges from $14-$18/hr)

SOCIAL LIFE.
Here is a bit boring sha if you are already used to the naija Lagos life. But you can make it happen it you choose to and also have the time.

CONCLUSION.
You will need to ask yourself some questions.
Is this what I want, what kind of life do I want my children to have, if am not a VERY RICH man can they attend good schools here? or even have good health care, if I don’t have connection or know people in high places after my BSC or Masters can I at least get a decent job? If for example my parents don’t have money to sent me to college\university will the government give me a grant to go to school?. If I come to work one morning and i have been sacked is there an employment insurance that can cover me before I secure another job?. With this my current job and pay can I at least get a decent car or how many years do I need to save so I can’t get a house of my own(even doh is via mortgage ). If they kidnap any member of my family, will the total money I have saved be enough for the ransom?. If anything happens to me today, what becomes of my wife and children?. If I want to iron your cloths do i need to pray to God for electricity?, If I continue on this job in this country will I ever break even if I don’t steal or go into prostitution (that is self sustainability). Some folks will tell you that you have to work for every penny you spend and I ask them how else do you intend to get a penny if you don’t work, but they fail to tell you that for everything you pay for you get 100% value or won’t you rather want to have a passport/status that allows you travel to other countries without so much fear of Visa denial
Finally it is also true that the main reason is not to come and make money but to live a sane life, Now this is me telling you that if you work diligently, going for what you need instead of what you want, be prudent especially when you just arrive, in no distant time you will drive that nice car you see on TV and move into your own house, you know why? Canada rewards hard working people.
NOTE: You are free to ask me any question and I will answer. Also pardon the typos. Once again this is my OWN experience. This is also my first post although i usually visit here when am less busy at work and I will say I love the commitment and effort you guys put just to get it right

Your story is inspiring. I dropped tears at the part you where sacked . Thank God it opened a bigger door.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kingkhalil: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2020
pearlobi:
Anyone here waiting for the Pandemic to be over so they can get on with their relocation plans?

I'm tired, frustrated and sad. We were supposed to leave on the 28th of March. Copr will expire in July. This journey has been on our mind since 2018! And now that we were ready to move, we're stuck. I feel trapped.

I've resigned from work, my husband has sold his business and machines, we've even cleared out our apartment and now I don't know when we'll leave again.
I'm just so sick and tired of worrying and wishing to leave Nigeria. Sorry, just needed to vent�

Calma. I expect airports to be open (with plenty restrictions though) by Mid-May.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jonbeezy(m): 11:58am On Apr 25, 2020
phabulous88:

For WES, make sure that your WES reference number is included. You can check the WES website for requirements

Thank you very much sir. I appreciate your time and efforts. I'll now probably have to wait for Lifting of lockdowns to register for IELTS....and subsequently, have my ECA done. I hope to be among the ITA recipients soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
Thanks, Can you please share the url for the site?
olalekan9320:
No, it's more difficult, use the official Cambridge test to know how the real exam is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SAYOSOLA: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
Good day people, please I want to know...can I fill my husband as non-accompanying (my crs score is higher with this) but my children as accompanying. Will they grant me and the children ppr if my husband is non-accompanying.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dejavu44: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
pearlobi:
Anyone here waiting for the Pandemic to be over so they can get on with their relocation plans?

I'm tired, frustrated and sad. We were supposed to leave on the 28th of March. Copr will expire in July. This journey has been on our mind since 2018! And now that we were ready to move, we're stuck. I feel trapped.

I've resigned from work, my husband has sold his business and machines, we've even cleared out our apartment and now I don't know when we'll leave again.
I'm just so sick and tired of worrying and wishing to leave Nigeria. Sorry, just needed to vent�

You better stay calm and happy. Some of us have COPR expiring April / May.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by phabulous88(m): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
Kampack:

Ok, Thanks.

Honestly I don’t know if WES accepts statement of result in lieu of certificate. But it seems like some guys used statement of result in the past and they were successful.
See link - https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/41#41518115

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
phabulous88:

Honestly I don’t know if WES accepts statement of result in lieu of certificate. But it seems like some guys used statement of result in the past and they were successful.
See link - https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/41#41518115
They do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
Teemez:
Thanks, Can you please share the url for the site?
you can download Cambridge 10-14. Some of these youtube channels release new test everyday, you can also use ieltsonline as supplement. You can also join wassynet group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CEDB4wClmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0B0402POG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MerNbiU4NhY
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2020
SAYOSOLA:
Good day people, please I want to know...can I fill my husband as non-accompanying (my crs score is higher with this) but my children as accompanying. Will they grant me and the children ppr if my husband is non-accompanying
Yes, you just have to show with a letter that your husband is aware,,,, post ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
Thanks, God bless
olalekan9320:
you can download Cambridge 10-14. Some of these youtube channels release new test everyday, you can also use ieltsonline as supplement. You can also join wassynet group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CEDB4wClmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0B0402POG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MerNbiU4NhY
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kampack: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
Hello house,
I understand an applicant can claim points if s/he has siblings with Canadian PR. Please can an applicant claim such points from first cousins. How can such claims be validated? i.e what documents are required as proofs? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
Kampack:
Hello house,
I understand an applicant can claim points if s/he has siblings with Canadian PR. Please can an applicant claim such points from first cousins. How can such claims be validated? i.e what documents are required as proofs? Thanks
only siblings

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
Jonbeezy:

Bro i know right now you want to know alot about everything, but believe me, your major obstacle is acing IELTS, my advice is use this lockdown to pratice like mad, with your BSc getting ITA would be hard giving the current trend of 470 points upward but who knows? miracle can happen anytime maybe from Pnp and other channels. So put acing IELTS as number 1 objective(that stuff dey very hard and tricky,its designed like that so you can write it more than 10 times if need be. They need your money not your english skills (Imagine giving you reading that needed about 2 hours to finish for just 60 miniutes? and only constant practice and correction will help you scale it ). When schools in Nigeria resume you can send transcript.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tokun40: 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
Thanks for the information. Please I am currently on WES evaluation. Can u guys recommend a good site or free materials to ace the IELTS? I intend to write it post-COVID lockdown.

Also, regarding proof of funds; can I get my family to transfer funds to me when I know it's certain to enter the pool based on my points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mzkomsy(f): 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
Kampack:

Ok, Thanks.

Bcs (IT) or cima ( accounting )

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.