Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1332676 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EngrSarah: 4:23pm On May 21, 2020
Please house....HELP!!! I just got a refusal letter for my express entry application.
The reason given was that the points in my reference letter does not match my NOC.

Can I appeal please - I am thinking of getting a new reference letter and a letter from my employer saying the old list of duties was not exhaustive (and it truly wasn't).

Just can't imagine reapplying again!

Your experienced thoughts really appreciated!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 21, 2020
Doriana2:

Thanks. The issue might be the Naira to CAD exchange rate because I heard the rate on the day you submit is what matters. Others say it's the day the officer looks at your file.
naira cad rate has not moved significantly. Both are taking a battering from the dollar. So nothing to worry about

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 21, 2020
EngrSarah:
Please house....HELP!!! I just got a refusal letter for my express entry application.
The reason given was that the points in my reference letter does not match my NOC.

Can I appeal please - I am thinking of getting a new reference letter and a letter from my employer saying the old list of duties was not exhaustive (and it truly wasn't).

you can do that and hope for the best. These guys don't joke with NOC mismatch tho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 21, 2020
Tonygrinds:
Please send me your tutors details or pls drop your WhatsApp. Would be greatful
They are here @BNTtech or you can send your WhatsApp number

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 5:51pm On May 21, 2020
In addition to what @Kekereekun123 said, most seniors attach the snapshot of conversion rate on the day they submitted their profile using oanda or xe converter. Whichever VO decides to use when he's checking, the difference usually is almost negligible.....buying USD now at 390-420 or more is not a smart move, what u need in canada is CAD not USD...shine ur eyes.
Cheers

Doriana2:

Thanks. The issue might be the Naira to CAD exchange rate because I heard the rate on the day you submit is what matters. Others say it's the day the officer looks at your file.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by michaelf284: 5:55pm On May 21, 2020
Hi,

I have a contact that may be able to help with the UI MSc transcript from PGSchool, said they are working underground. Even helped with my verification after several months of waiting unsuccessfully for the school to do the needful on their own.

Exmay02:

But UI is not opened at d moment.... Also want to process my transcript in UI.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tonygrinds(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2020
rockstarB:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mamatea: 6:05pm On May 21, 2020
EngrSarah:

Where is your VO?

You have two options: 1 - you could request a new reference letter (check NOC description to ensure the duties listed on the reference letter matches NOC as much as possible), submit this along with a letter of explanation. 2. you could withdraw your application and submit again with new reference letter.

I would suggest you try the first option depending on your VO, I know this option works.

I know someone who also did the second option (same reason for rejection) and got PPR 6 months later.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EngrSarah: 6:32pm On May 21, 2020
mamatea:

Where is your VO?

You have two options: 1 - you could request a new reference letter (check NOC description to ensure the duties listed on the reference letter matches NOC as much as possible), submit this along with a letter of explanation. 2. you could withdraw your application and submit again with new reference letter.

I would suggest you try the first option depending on your VO, I know this option works.

I know someone who also did the second option (same reason for rejection) and got PPR 6 months later.
Thanks. My VO was Hamilton or Montreal, not very sure because they transferred my application. I am currently trying to get a new reference letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Agbeni33: 6:34pm On May 21, 2020
listowell:

Apart from security, no need using courier at the moment.

so apart from ETX - NG recommended by WES , which other means can we use?

my school said they will send my transcript via courier and mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 7:16pm On May 21, 2020
Doriana2:

Thanks but I can't afford US dollars now.

Shey you can afford the POF, the equivalent in Naira?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by REDBULL1(m): 7:27pm On May 21, 2020
Hello guys,
Has anyone gotten PPR this COVID19 period?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 7:40pm On May 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:
naira cad rate has not moved significantly. Both are taking a battering from the dollar. So nothing to worry about
Serious battering lol cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 7:40pm On May 21, 2020
REDBULL1:
Hello guys,
No.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Samgalaxy: 7:41pm On May 21, 2020
How many months Post-AOR?

You can try consulting an immigration lawyer before appealing

EngrSarah:
Thanks. My VO was Hamilton or Montreal, not very sure because they transferred my application. I am currently trying to get a new reference letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Maxicon(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2020
Hello great minds.
I am a Bsc holder with ACCA certificate
Working in a big 4 accounting firm full time for 2 years now
Got a sibling who has PR in Canada
I am yet to do the ECA or IELTS ( not sure they will be conducting exams for now because of Covid 19)
I am interested in the NOC 1111 Financial accountant but 1 or 2 of the duties on the CIC website won’t be included on my reference as they not yet part of my current duties.
Lastly, please how do I approach the Canadian express entry application
Please note I have been refused 1 visiting visa in 2013, 2 study visas in 2014 and 2017

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BNTtech: 8:00pm On May 21, 2020
rockstarB:

cool You rock! @Tonygrinds have you been able to reach out yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EngrSarah: 8:06pm On May 21, 2020
Samgalaxy:
How many months Post-AOR?

You can try consulting an immigration lawyer before appealing

9 months today. exactly 9 months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 8:57pm On May 21, 2020
Please my Sabi people, help an amateur to avoid misrepresentation in my application. Please I will explain in detail.

I am a contract staff in my current job in a financial institution. Please what do you guys advise I do? Should I use company X that outsourced me as my employer, or should I use the financial institution Z where I am working? Also, since it is company X that will write my reference letter, it only makes sense that I use them.

I decided not to include anything about the company Z where I'm working in, because it may raise eyebrows since its internationally recognized to avoid me making much explanation.

But again, the job description is going to a problem if I use company X. Company Z will not send me o because they cannot issue me anything since I'm a contract staff. The only thing I have in company Z is their ID card. My entry file and offer letter are from company X.

Pls, help me I'm confused, even though I would like to add company Z to appear but let me hear from experienced people.

If you understand me pls drop advice. Don't pass.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 21, 2020
Maxicon:
Hello great minds.
I am yet to do the ECA or IELTS ( not sure they will be conducting exams for now because of Covid 19)
I am interested in the NOC 1111 Financial accountant but 1 or 2 of the duties on the CIC website won’t be included on my reference as they not yet part of my current duties.
Please note I have been refused 1 visiting visa in 2013, 2 study visas in 2014 and 2017

Thanks

You approach it like a G!
First, calculate your CRS score.
When you write ielts and get the required band score. Get your ECA, then you enter the pool. Claim 15 points for sibling.
You must not be doing all that is on the site provided you are doing few of them already which is what made you know that it is your NOC.
You will see where they'd ask you if you've been denied visa while filling your profile to get in the pool or post ITA, you disclose that. TRV denials don't really harm your EE application.
Then you go to page 1 of this thread and read. That's your best bet.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 9:02pm On May 21, 2020
Before you think of creating a profile. Get your Education assessed first as that may take up to 5- 6 months to be completed. While waiting for ECA study and write your IELTS. You need to have your ECA and IELTS results at hand before applying for express entry.

Maxicon:
Hello great minds.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 21, 2020
Mirian91:
Please my Sabi people, help an amateur to avoid misrepresentation in my application. Please I will explain in detail.

I am a contract staff in my current job in a financial institution. Please what do you guys advise I do? Should I use company X that outsourced me as my employer, or should I use the financial institution Z where I am working? Also, since it is company X that will write my reference letter, it only makes sense that I use them.

I decided not to include anything about the company Z where I'm working in, because it may raise eyebrows since its internationally recognized to avoid me making much explanation.

But again, the job description is going to a problem if I use company X. Company Z will not send me o because they cannot issue me anything since I'm a contract staff. The only thing I have in company Z is their ID card. My entry file and offer letter are from company X.

Pls, help me I'm confused, even though I would like to add company Z to appear but let me hear from experienced people.

If you understand me pls drop advice. Don't pass.

Thanks in advance.

grin undecided

Well, i think any of the company can issue the letter, thing is the letter should state that you are a contract staff with them from X company, if you want Z to write.
If you want X to write, you don't need to explain that as you are their employee. Or, to sleep well, you can write that you are their employee outsourced to Z. Just find a way to get around it. But if I were in those shoes, it would be the company PAYING my salary and issued offer letter that will write my letter with the explanation.
I have seen a similar case on here but can't remember the moniker or how it was resolved. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chenkes: 9:21pm On May 21, 2020
Hi Mamatea

You have a PM request. Please respond

mamatea:

Where is your VO?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EyesondPrize: 9:26pm On May 21, 2020
Start by reading page 1.

All the best!

Maxicon:
Hello great minds.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by realone2012: 9:43pm On May 21, 2020
Otoge:

grin undecided

Well, i think any of the company can issue the letter, thing is the letter should state that you are a contract staff with them from X company, if you want Z to write.
If you want X to write, you don't need to explain that as you are their employee. Or, to sleep well, you can write that you are their employee outsourced to Z. Just find a way to get around it. But if I were in those shoes, it would be the company PAYING my salary and issued offer letter that will write my letter with the explanation.
I have seen a similar case on here but can't remember the moniker or how it was resolved. Good luck.

This person has given you a good response. To consolidate..
I would advise you let company X write, since they are the one that gave you employment letter and also pay your salaries (should in case you want to show your payslip in your application).
Just make sure its stated on the reference letter that you're a contract staff outsourced to company Z.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Titilopevic: 10:09pm On May 21, 2020
Good evening everyone!!!
Please I want to ask, if WES can assess PDE(Professional Diploma in Education) as 2nd certificate. I already have B.Tech as 1st degree, so am thinking of using PDE as 2nd certificate under the requirement of ECA (two or more certificate, degree or diploma).
Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks in advance!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chyblue: 10:15pm On May 21, 2020
how do i know if it has been received?please is there a number i can call or something?time is off the essence
Otoge:

ADRs are submitted by raising CSE. Except you want to take it there physically grin grin Read the ADR mail they sent you, some offices tell you plainly that sending emails don't get acknowledged.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by emedy(m): 10:28pm On May 21, 2020
I would really like to know your progress. I am looking at getting my PEBC done once this lockdown is over. Can I reach you on Twitter?

Pweetytomi:
Good evening
In the spirit of giving back, as I've gotten lots of info from this thread, I decided to write this
This is for peeps that want to evaluate with pebc as a pharmacist.
The whole info is in part 1, but these are the errors I made that delayed me a bit, and I wish I had known, so I could avoid them
1. Waiting to pass ielts before starting pebc evaluation. I'd advise, if you've decided to join express entry, that you start both processes concurrently. It takes a long time to get transcripts, letter of good standing from pcn and other docs ready, and after receipt, pebc takes at least 8weeks to evaluate credentials.
2. For the witnessing of docs, please use a notary public. Don't bother using court clerks ( registrar) you meet in those courts. I initially used a court clerk after being reassured that he had done similar stuffs and my application was rejected. The clerk had no license number. Your witness must have a license number and it should be boldly written on all docs being sent, including his name in block, signature, stamp and license number.
3. For married ladies, if your passport name is different from that on your certificates or other docs, pls do a change of name affidavit, notarize the original copy and send the ORIGINAL, not the certified true copy
4. Should in case the name on your birth certificate is different e.g maybe it bears your official name alongside names your grandma or grandpa gave you, pls let the affidavit cover it also. In my case, my birth certificate had four names and I use only three names officially, I had to redo my change of name affidavit as such;
*That I bear (name on birth certificate)
*That my named changed from (name on birth certificate) to (name on former official docs) before marriage
*That I got married (date I married) to (name of husband)
*That my name changed from (name on former official docs) to present name after marriage
*That I want to be known and addressed as (present name) etc......
5. Don't forget to download and send your ECA report form application. You'll be charged an extra fee if you don't include it with your application (and you know every kobo is important)
I had to send docs three times and it was frustrating considering courier costs. I finally settled for Nipost and contrary to opinions, it was delivered (though I wasn't able to track it).
Finally got my report and dived into pool. *It will end in praise*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kiari: 10:46pm On May 21, 2020
REDBULL1:
Hello guys,
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kiari: 10:49pm On May 21, 2020
Titilopevic:
Good evening everyone!!!
Please I want to ask, if WES can assess PDE(Professional Diploma in Education) as 2nd certificate. I already have B.Tech as 1st degree, so am thinking of using PDE as 2nd certificate under the requirement of ECA (two or more certificate, degree or diploma).
Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks in advance!
Can your PDE provide your academic transcript? do you have your certificate or statement of result? if yes, send it to wes & hope for a positive evaluation. cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kiari: 10:49pm On May 21, 2020
kiari:

Can the institution which you did yourPDE provide your academic transcript? do you have your certificate or statement of result? if yes, send it to wes & hope for a positive evaluation. cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 21, 2020
chyblue:
how do i know if it has been received?please is there a number i can call or something?time is off the essence

Once you send it, it gets to them and they file it even if they don't acknowledge receipt. Be checking your profile, the required documents section will change from "we need additional information" to "we are processing the additional docs" then to "not applicable"
These are the only things that will show you it has been received.

If you want to call, you can get the IRCC numbers and call but I doubt covid allowed them be in the office to take calls. I don't know. Just monitor your profile and maybe shoot a mail at the Office a week later asking if they received it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.