Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330660 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
blaqvoke:
Thank you for your response but do you mean I need to score 8 in at least 3 or all?

To get the max points for IELTS: L 8.5, R 8, S 7.5, W 7.5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pclt(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Idlovefur:
hello akintunde pls can you share lautech transcript contact with me pls help a sister
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blaqvoke: 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
Thank you. Please is it advisable to take an online course in a Canadian university? Would it help or it might just be a waste of time?
Liispa:

To get the max points for IELTS: L 8.5, R 8, S 7.5, W 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
MOD has started remarking at 15k since March. I remarked mine but nothing changed.

MayorOfEdmonton:
Wrong: MOD remark/EOR is also 15k now.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ojeysky(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
Johanneiyoha:
House, plz help a worried sister. This is my tracking profile from dhl.sent my credentials for Wes evaluation.
Has it gotten to its destination? If yes, Wes hvnt updated my profile
If no, pls hw can I reach Dhl for complaints? Tried their customer care rep, not going tru.
Its taking too long.

Don't worry they will get there, they are still on march backlogs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
People that passed IELTS writing please how did you guys do it. I ve used all the materials at my disposal and online. Liz, chris Pell, buddy all to no avail.

My ideas are always poor and difficult to develop. Are there other things I'm missing to get a 7 in writing. I'm stocked in 6.5.

Pls help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lanregal: 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mirian91:
People that passed IELTS writing please how did you guys do it. I ve used all the materials at my disposal and online. Liz, chris Pell, buddy all to no avail.

My ideas are always poor and difficult to develop. Are there other things I'm missing to get a 7 in writing. I'm stocked in 6.5.

Pls help!

Kindly send mail to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sunkeke: 12:21am On Jun 09, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Don't know, Crespo67 should drop his contact.

08060572535 Johnny Bravo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 12:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Done, thanks

lanregal:

Kindly send mail to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 4:01am On Jun 09, 2020
Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada. I know it's mid-night in Nigeria, 3.06am to be precise, while it is 10.06pm here.

Sometimes ago, that was earlier this year, I requested to help any interested persons send their credentials to WES from my end here, and some people responded, and it is my pleasure to have helped out, at my own cost, because I got a feed back from them that WES actually received their credentials and updated their record.

Today marks my one year anniversary in Canada, and in my "Canniversary" as we use to call it, I'm ruminating on the idea of doing a Webinar, through Zoom, for a question and answer sessions for any interested member of this forum.

I'm looking at doing a two hour session: the first one hour will be done in the comfort of my house, while in the second and final part, I will take you round some facilities, virtually, in my area, to wet your apatite and further increase your interest and thus motivate you to put in more effort.

I mean, for whatever difficulty you may be going through at this point in time, I want to encourage you not to give up. For you to have gotten to this stage, I know you have gone so far, and backing out at this time is a waste of time, effort and resources. Please believe me that you'll not regret all these wahala at the end of the day if it eventually materialize.

For instance, look at me, the last time I went to work, because of Covid-19, was on April 3rd. I am safely in my house, using the advantage to take online courses because the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) of CAD2,230 comes in every month, which is enough for me to pay my rent and phone bills, and still send money to family and friends in Lagos grin

My children, two boys, 5 and 3 years old, collects CAD1,200 monthly for their Child Care Benefit, and it will be increased in July; my wife, who is a student receives CAD2,000 every month because of Corona, and she's on a CAD28,000 per session OSAP loans and grant- 8k is loan and 20k is grant, for two sessions, making 56k dollars. Details of how to go about this will be shared during the session.

So, kindly signify if you're interested and drop the likely questions you may have in mind so that I can research about it before time. Whatever questions, ranging from jobs, housing, child care benefit, schooling, getting loans and grant for goin to school and life in Ontario generally.

However, there's a CAVEAT! No one, I repeat, no one can tell you about Canada! They can only tell you about the Province, and at best the Region they have lived in or that they are living in.

Canada is nine times bigger than Nigeria, if not bigger than the whole of West Africa. Even Ontario where I live is 1.96 times bigger than Nigeria. In my one year sojourn in this land, I only know of and have lived in Mississauga and Milton, and have worked in Toronto. I've been to Oakville once, which is just behind Milton, 15min drive, when I don't have business there.

Milton is in the Halton Region, that is the equivalent of our own Local Government, and it has the following towns: Burlington, Milton, Oakville, and Halton Hills. Trust me, I've been to only Oakville, and it was just the police station. You know, discussing Canada in its entirety will be like someone who lives in Sabo-Yaba, works on the Island in his short stay in Nigeria, has never been to Badagry, and he's now talking of Ghana grin grin.

In any case, I may be able to give some insights about Ontario, perhaps that could help other folks looking at other Province. So, that's the deal.

81 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 5:35am On Jun 09, 2020
mbhs139:
Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada. I know it's mid-night in Nigeria, 3.06am to be precise, while it is 10.06pm here.

Sometimes ago, that was earlier this year, I requested to help any interested persons send their credentials to WES from my end here, and some people responded, and it is my pleasure to have helped out, at my own cost, because I got a feed back from them that WES actually received their credentials and updated their record.

Today marks my one year anniversary in Canada, and in my "Canniversary" as we use to call it, I'm ruminating on the idea of doing a Webinar, through Zoom, for a question and answer sessions for any interested member of this forum.

I'm looking at doing a two hour session: the first one hour will be done in the comfort of my house, while in the second and final part, I will take you round some facilities, virtually, in my area, to wet your apatite and further increase your interest and thus motivate you to put in more effort.

I mean, for whatever difficulty you may be going through at this point in time, I want to encourage you not to give up. For you to have gotten to this stage, I know you have gone so far, and backing out at this time is a waste of time, effort and resources. Please believe me that you'll not regret all these wahala at the end of the day if it eventually materialize.

For instance, look at me, the last time I went to work, because of Covid-19, was on April 3rd. I am safely in my house, using the advantage to take online courses because the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) of CAD2,230 comes in every month, which is enough for me to pay my rent and phone bills, and still send money to family and friends in Lagos grin

My children, two boys, 5 and 3 years old, collects CAD1,200 monthly for their Child Care Benefit, and it will be increased in July; my wife, who is a student receives CAD2,000 every month because of Corona, and she's on a CAD28,000 per session OSAP loans and grant- 8k is loan and 20k is grant, for two sessions, making 56k dollars. Details of how to go about this will be shared during the session.

So, kindly signify if you're interested and drop the likely questions you may have in mind so that I can research about it before time. Whatever questions, ranging from jobs, housing, child care benefit, schooling, getting loans and grant for goin to school and life in Ontario generally.

However, there's a CAVEAT! No one, I repeat, no one can tell you about Canada! They can only tell you about the Province, and at best the Region they have lived in or that they are living in.

Canada is nine times bigger than Nigeria, if not bigger than the whole of West Africa. Even Ontario where I live is 1.96 times bigger than Nigeria. In my one year sojourn in this land, I only know of and have lived in Mississauga and Milton, and have worked in Toronto. I've been to Oakville once, which is just behind Milton, 15min drive, when I don't have business there.

Milton is in the Halton Region, that is the equivalent of our own Local Government, and it has the following towns: Burlington, Milton, Oakville, and Halton Hills. Trust me, I've been to only Oakville, and it was just the police station. You know, discussing Canada in its entirety will be like someone who lives in Sabo-Yaba, works on the Island in his short stay in Nigeria, has never been to Badagry, and he's now talking of Ghana grin grin.

In any case, I may be able to give some insights about Ontario, perhaps that could help other folks looking at other Province. So, that's the deal.

This is awesome! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am sure loads of peeps would wanna hear you. Meanwhile, how do we get the zoom link? And what date are you proposing?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chidimmamj: 6:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Good morning all, please I have 2 questions and would appreciate insights.

1. I did a one and same person affidavit with my present address on it, but the account I want to use for my POF carries a different address that would be showing on my statement of account, please would this be a problem?

2. Is it advisable to resign from a job you submitted a reference letter for as an 'ongoing employment' after submitting your EE application? Would you need to update IRCC in such a case?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by marvelli(f): 6:20am On Jun 09, 2020
Faysuze:

Accounting.
oh thanks so much. I wanted to find out if it was a 4 or 5 year course. I'll send mine back for re evaluation. Bless you for bringing this up here. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 6:32am On Jun 09, 2020
Chidimmamj:
Good morning all, please I have 2 questions and would appreciate insights.

1. I did a one and same person affidavit with my present address on it, but the account I want to use for my POF carries a different address that would be showing on my statement of account, please would this be a problem?

2. Is it advisable to resign from a job you submitted a reference letter for as an 'ongoing employment' after submitting your EE application? Would you need to update IRCC in such a case?
no issues here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by cola1: 6:34am On Jun 09, 2020
good day all. please what are the other courses can a person with only BSC in engineering do to increase their crs score apart from masters.
also has there been people who have received provincial nomination with a crs of 390+
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Canny20fam: 7:38am On Jun 09, 2020
Thank you for your time, God bless you.

What are the likely chances of a Biochemist in securing a job, and what options are available.

If possible, the bridging programs one have to look into

[quote author=mbhs139 post=90464818]Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada. I know it's mid-night in Nigeria, 3.06am to be precise, while it is 10.06pm here.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rolextoni: 7:49am On Jun 09, 2020
@ mbhs139

I am interested
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MaziObiagu1: 8:58am On Jun 09, 2020
Mirian91:

Pls help!

Have you ever asked for a remark? Usually you get half band to one band from the remark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palaexpress: 9:05am On Jun 09, 2020
Scam alert guys.
Please be careful!!!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2020
[quote author=mbhs139 post=90464818]Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada.

Interested, do let us know

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MaziObiagu1: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2020
mbhs139:

Wow this is nice. Thank you for giving back. Please we are interested. Schedule and send link already let’s update our Calendar.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by charzyh2: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2020
Please, I have OND. What's the evaluation equivalence of OND in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2020
blaqvoke:
Thank you. Please is it advisable to take an online course in a Canadian university? Would it help or it might just be a waste of time?

To improve your score, no. You have to be physically present for it to count.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mykelbrown(f): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Limitlessbond:

If you have HND, it implies U already have ND which when combined will should give U to or more degree/certificate already. So no need for certification exam.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SapphireFort(f): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2020
It would count as two degrees, though it wouldn't be considered as Canadian experience.
Liispa:

To improve your score, no. You have to be physically present for it to count.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Royalty1(m): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2020
Here is a little drive around the city of Edmonton in The Alberta Province. The drive is from Southwest side to Downtown. Also a visit to some iconic centers in the city. Enjoy and be encouraged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z9aUYgT5Ss

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SapphireFort(f): 9:46am On Jun 09, 2020
blaqvoke:
I am considering such because I believe there would be no need for credential assessment as long as the University is accredited. Do you have any information on any affordable online course? From the CRS calculator, you can see that it'll be considered for educational points not Canadian experience since it is online. You'll need at least 8 months study in Canadian to gain more points for Canadian education
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Amanee(f): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Mirian91:

Pls help!

@emboldened

That is part of the cause. You need to work on your vocabulary and tenses, it's not magic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by tmny01: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2020
mbhs139:

Thanks a lot for this.
I would like to know how the job market is for someone with Audit experience in Kitchener-Waterloo region. My choice of the area is because i hear it has good job opportunities and the cost of living is lower compared to the GTA. Notwithstanding, I am open to advise from experienced seniors as I am open to change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2020
Palaexpress:
Scam alert guys.
Please be careful!!!

Thanks for reporting this! Guys, this is why it is never safe to publish your email publicly... You create exposures and make these guys target you.

Let's all be careful!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chidimmamj: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2020
ednut1:
no issues here.

Thanks.
So there is no need to communicate to IRCC that you have resigned from the job Right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 10:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Chidimmamj:

Thanks.
So there is no need to communicate to IRCC that you have resigned from the job Right?
inform ircc

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.