Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330702 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Timbuktu14(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2020
amaya21:
Small signs of hope. Keep your spirits up. VFS Accra is reopening on Monday.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gha/en/can/news/covid-19-updates
All of these are pointing at a general draw today. We hope.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Gidobaba:

WES is receiving hardcopy documents. My transcripts were sent through DHL on Wednesday 4th of June 2020 last week. WES received it on Monday the 8th of June 2020

That's good to know. May be the information I had was at my last check.

Thank you for bringing this to our knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Passerby2(f): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2020
Hello everyone.

Pls I need a clarification.
How does an Electronics Electrical engineer apply for FSW considering that his NOC code based on work experience and job duties of over 7 years falls under NOC 9241- Power engineer and power systems operator?

NOTE: This NOC code happens to fall under the Skilled Trades Program.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gbemiclassic(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Sure. This will work.

cnwamo:

Thanks for the information I had no idea about that.
Do you think it would be okay for me to reactivate the account i was using as of 2013 when i left Nigeria? I still receive e statements on the account, do you think that would suffice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2020
@bolded is due to being misinformed. The summary of NOCs that qualify for FSW is as follows;

1. Any NOC that starts with 0 (Managers), and

2. All other NOCs whose first digits aren't 0 but has d second digit falling between 0-3.

Breakdown of (2) above: The ones whose second digits are either 0 or 1 are classified as NOC A while the ones that are either 2 or 3 are termed NOC B.

So Mr/Mrs/Miss Passerby2, the NOC you just dropped is 9241. Obviously, it doesn't have its first digit as 0, which rules it out of NOC 0 (Managers) but the second digit is 2. That means from the definition above, it falls as NOC B. NOCs 0, A, and B are all eligible for FSW please.

Try and Google more on NOC classifications.

Passerby2:
Hello everyone.

Pls I need a clarification.
How does an Electronics Electrical engineer apply for FSW considering that his NOC code based on work experience and job duties of over 7 years falls under NOC 9241- Power engineer and power systems operator?

NOTE: This NOC code happens to fall under the Skilled Trades Program.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Leapp: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2020
Hello pls can anyone help with this?
Is it possible to liaise with an ex employer to pay any unremitted pension funds to one's personal account or is it compulsory he pays it to the PFA?
Especially if the person is not in the country.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 10, 2020
Hello house, i have been going through the thread and i saw CIIN can be used to boost score, i have only Bsc and I don't think CIMA is something i can do since i am not good at calculations and Bcs too i don't have IT background. please for those that have written the exam does CIIN have calculations? also what is the cost like? Is their any thread or group for people that want to write the september exam?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2020
Leapp:
Hello pls can anyone help with this?
Is it possible to liaise with an ex employer to pay any unremitted pension funds to one's personal account or is it compulsory he pays it to the PFA?
Especially if the person is not in the country.

Thanks.

I don't know much about this but I would think any fund that comes into an employee's account directly from an employer would be termed as salary/benefits and not pension fund.
For it to be the latter, I want to believe it has to go through a PFA, as that's the norm. This shouldn't even be an issue though if it's being paid by an ex-employer as you said, with all the documents to prove you worked for the employer in question and also an explanation in your reference letter what the late remittal (i.e after you had left them) was meant for.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2020
Hi please is it compulsory to have a retirement savings account i.e. pension fund to be able to apply for EE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SapphireFort(f): 11:28am On Jun 10, 2020
Liispa:

Are you planning on getting like a post-graduate certficate?
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Leapp: 11:44am On Jun 10, 2020
BlestHanneSSG:

I don't know much about this but I would think any fund that comes into an employee's account directly from an employer would be termed as salary/benefits and not pension fund.
For it to be the latter, I want to believe it has to go through a PFA, as that's the norm. This shouldn't even be an issue though if it's being paid by an ex-employer as you said, with all the documents to prove you worked for the employer in question and also an explanation in your reference letter what the late remittal (i.e after you had left them) was meant for.

Thanks a lot . Really appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dulles25: 11:51am On Jun 10, 2020
Slayyy001:
so on Iqas website ,their is an info that says u can submit online from after November 5,2019 instead of courier . Has anyone initiated Iqas process recently ? If so ,do you still need to courier your documents or submit online ?

I think this would only work if your school has an online portal where transcripts are posted.
You may inquire.

I sent mine to their address but my profile is not updating any information. I can't modify. Has anyone had the same experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by cnwamo(m): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2020
Thanks

gbemiclassic:
Sure. This will work.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adelolo: 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
RECEIVED THIS FROM WEBFORM

Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

· The eligibility review is complete. (PLS ARE THEY TRYING TO SAY THAT IT HAS BEEN REVIEWED BY IMMIGRATION/SENIOR OFFICER)

· The security background verifications have not been initiated.

· The criminal background verifications are valid.

· The medical examination results on file are valid.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Virginkid(m): 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
Good day All,
Pls can anyone help to explain better the question 6i & ii in CRS below under Work Experience:

) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is:

managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0)
professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A)
technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B)
If you aren’t sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC.

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kingkhalil: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
adelolo:

Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

· The eligibility review is complete. (PLS ARE THEY TRYING TO SAY THAT IT HAS BEEN REVIEWED BY IMMIGRATION/SENIOR OFFICER)

You are good to go, it seems. Congratulations are in order!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Utoechi: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
What's your AOR?
quote author=adelolo post=90513823]RECEIVED THIS FROM WEBFORM

· The medical examination results on file are valid.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
His webform report said security background verification have not yet initiated na....so he still has one to go
Eligibility passed/completed just means he met the minimum requirement (Ielts, eca, age, etc)

kingkhalil:

You are good to go, it seems. Congratulations are in order!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kingkhalil: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
His webform report said security background verification have not yet initiated na....so he still has one to go
Eligibility passed/completed just means he met the minimum requirement (Ielts, eca, age, etc)

Eligibility is the most important though. Once you meet it, you are good as done...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
adelolo:

PR in sight. Start preparing for life in Canada. Passing eligibilty is the main thing.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by shegzee43: 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=adelolo post=90513823]RECEIVED THIS FROM WEBFORM

I got same response yesterday. I think we are done, except there is an issue with travel history.

Congratulations to us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hillony: 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
Virginkid:
Good day All,
Pls can anyone help to explain better the question 6i & ii in CRS below under Work Experience:

) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
(i) is talking about the work experience you might have had or have in Canada.

(ii) foreign work experience here is the experience outside Canada which may be in your home country or some other country.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Msidiodi: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
I didn’t get any mail. Raised web form twice, sometime in April and may and i didn’t get a response. My 6 months ended in March.

They have been working all these time. For some of us that currently have our applications with them, we have been getting Ghost Updates, means they have been working on our files. Infact, on the 2nd of June, most of us got a mail notification informing us that they are working on our profiles.

Hope this helps? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Msidiodi: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
Zeus04:

Pls what did the mail from Accra say..... cos I didn’t get a mail from them and my AOR is September 2019. They haven’t been replying my CSE plus I don’t see any updates when i log into my account.

Are you referring to the mail update or the ghost update? When is your AOR? Mine is December 2019. A friend that's January 2020 said she also got ghost update on Friday, last week. Not sure how they are following the sequence though... But I am certain they have been working.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Please what does company online presence mean??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aye88: 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
Hello everyone, pls i need help with filling my IQAS form. I just started filling the application and each time i try to fill in my mailing address, the sections to fill in the address is locked. And i can't move forward to the next page withoit filling and saving this info. Pls what do i do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Virginkid(m): 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
hillony:

(i) is talking about the work experience you might have had or have in Canada.

(ii) foreign work experience here is the experience outside Canada which may be in your home country or some other country.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dammie0904:
Please what does company online presence mean??
results when you Google a company. The online presence for lets say a zenith bank will be different from baba kamoru enterprises. The vo uses it to establish if a company exists. If your company has no online presence the officer may then look at things like payslips or salary in bank statement.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Thank you wassey for all you do, I benefitted from your class last year and now counting down to PR just like yesterday. May God favour you in all your endeavors. God bless
wasseynewest:
Preparing to write your IELTS anytime soon. Chat me up(wasiusanni2002@gmail.com) to pertake in our FREE TUTORIAL that has benefited many in here.
Consider this our own little way of giving back to a forum that opened our eyes too back then wink

N.B: Only candidates with evidence of registration will be acknowledged please.

All the best!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.