Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330764 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 10:30am On Jun 09, 2020
SapphireFort:
It would count as two degrees, though it wouldn't be considered as Canadian experience.

Of course, but I think he was talking about bonus points though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 10:34am On Jun 09, 2020
SapphireFort:

I am considering such because I believe there would be no need for credential assessment as long as the University is accredited.

Are you planning on getting like a post-graduate certficate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 11:08am On Jun 09, 2020
Good morning all. grin

I woke to pray this morning, 4am, and saw a deluge of messages on my email requesting for a private message with me. However, the truth is I'm afraid I can't open up my email for that purpose because it is actually my private email and which I also use for work. So, I'm sorry if I don't respond to your request.

In any case, like I said in the previous post, I feel it will be better and more productive if we drop the questions or hypothetical scenerio here so that we can all look at it on D-Day. Besides, if I have the time, or I can dedicate a day to answer some of the questions posted here before the zoom meeting.

Meanwhile, as regards the date and time. I think it should be on a Sunday, and I'll leave it to you guys to choose the time, say anytime from 4pm Nigerian time because of those that'll go to church. I mean 4pm to say 7pm wouldn't be a bad time, but it's up to you guys anyway.

So, let's suggest a Sunday and a time that'll be beneficial for all and I'll set up the meeting and and share the link here.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Edited:

Please, if the purpose of wanting to reach out to me is to help you send anything from here, kindly be notified that neither WES nor Service Canada are accepting any hard copy paper documents for now until further notice. In fact, I wanted to send a phone to Lagos yesterday at Canada Post and they said no, until further notice

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slydog(m): 11:26am On Jun 09, 2020
mbhs139:
Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada. I know it's mid-night in Nigeria, 3.06am to be precise, while it is 10.06pm here.

Sometimes ago, that was earlier this year, I requested to help any interested persons send their credentials to WES from my end here, and some people responded, and it is my pleasure to have helped out, at my own cost, because I got a feed back from them that WES actually received their credentials and updated their record.

Today marks my one year anniversary in Canada, and in my "Canniversary" as we use to call it, I'm ruminating on the idea of doing a Webinar, through Zoom, for a question and answer sessions for any interested member of this forum.

I'm looking at doing a two hour session: the first one hour will be done in the comfort of my house, while in the second and final part, I will take you round some facilities, virtually, in my area, to wet your apatite and further increase your interest and thus motivate you to put in more effort.

I mean, for whatever difficulty you may be going through at this point in time, I want to encourage you not to give up. For you to have gotten to this stage, I know you have gone so far, and backing out at this time is a waste of time, effort and resources. Please believe me that you'll not regret all these wahala at the end of the day if it eventually materialize.

For instance, look at me, the last time I went to work, because of Covid-19, was on April 3rd. I am safely in my house, using the advantage to take online courses because the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) of CAD2,230 comes in every month, which is enough for me to pay my rent and phone bills, and still send money to family and friends in Lagos grin

My children, two boys, 5 and 3 years old, collects CAD1,200 monthly for their Child Care Benefit, and it will be increased in July; my wife, who is a student receives CAD2,000 every month because of Corona, and she's on a CAD28,000 per session OSAP loans and grant- 8k is loan and 20k is grant, for two sessions, making 56k dollars. Details of how to go about this will be shared during the session.

So, kindly signify if you're interested and drop the likely questions you may have in mind so that I can research about it before time. Whatever questions, ranging from jobs, housing, child care benefit, schooling, getting loans and grant for goin to school and life in Ontario generally.

However, there's a CAVEAT! No one, I repeat, no one can tell you about Canada! They can only tell you about the Province, and at best the Region they have lived in or that they are living in.

Canada is nine times bigger than Nigeria, if not bigger than the whole of West Africa. Even Ontario where I live is 1.96 times bigger than Nigeria. In my one year sojourn in this land, I only know of and have lived in Mississauga and Milton, and have worked in Toronto. I've been to Oakville once, which is just behind Milton, 15min drive, when I don't have business there.

Milton is in the Halton Region, that is the equivalent of our own Local Government, and it has the following towns: Burlington, Milton, Oakville, and Halton Hills. Trust me, I've been to only Oakville, and it was just the police station. You know, discussing Canada in its entirety will be like someone who lives in Sabo-Yaba, works on the Island in his short stay in Nigeria, has never been to Badagry, and he's now talking of Ghana grin grin.

In any case, I may be able to give some insights about Ontario, perhaps that could help other folks looking at other Province. So, that's the deal.

Interested bro. Nice one you're doing. Like to ask questions about banking, business analysis and lecturing

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by safex(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
I'm interested, please. Thanks in advance for your generousity.
Congratulations @bolded

mbhs139:

Today marks my one year anniversary in Canada, and in my "Canniversary" as we use to call it, I'm ruminating on the idea of doing a Webinar, through Zoom, for a question and answer sessions for any interested member of this forum.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by confistified(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
Weldone Guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by intrinsicniyi(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by intrinsicniyi(m): 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
mbhs139:
Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada. I know it's mid-night in Nigeria, 3.06am to be precise, while it is 10.06pm here.
So, kindly signify if you're interested and drop the likely questions you may have in mind so that I can research about it before time. Whatever questions, ranging from jobs, housing, child care benefit, schooling, getting loans and grant for goin to school and life in Ontario generally.

In any case, I may be able to give some insights about Ontario, perhaps that could help other folks looking at other Province. So, that's the deal.

Big thanks for your thoughtfulness & willingness to share your Canadian insights with us. Since my PR approval will be after border opening, I’d like to ask the following questions by considering Toronto/Ontario Province only:

a). How can someone secure IT/Engineering jobs with a foreign degree? I’ll be completing an MEng from the USA soon.

b). In what ways can someone make new friends, especially Nigerians & other African nationals?

c). What are the available government benefits/opportunities for a new canadian resident who just got to town? eg. Government initiatives to aid acclimatization.

d). How can someone apply for/secure jobs remotely?

“Family of me, myself & I”. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
intrinsicniyi:

Big thanks for your thoughtfulness & willingness to share your Canadian insights with us. Since my PR approval will be after border opening, I’d like to ask the following questions by considering Toronto/Ontario Province only:

a). How can someone secure IT/Engineering jobs with a foreign degree? I’ll be completing an MEng from the USA soon.

b). In what ways can someone make new friends, especially Nigerians & other African nationals?

c). What are the available government benefits/opportunities for a new canadian resident who just got to town? eg. Government initiatives to aid acclimatization.

d). How can someone apply for/secure jobs remotely?

“Family of me, myself & I”. cheesy
As much as i appreciate the help @mbhs 139 is willing to offer, i think asking this question on this thread will derail it, because many other related questions will follow suit. It is more appropriate to ask this on the 'living in Canada thread'. The zoom time will be perfect so lets wait for that.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by radeke2017: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hello, please has anybody heard back on EOR since April. I got the confirmation on mine from B.C on April 6 but I haven’t heard back since then. I followed up at the beginning of this month but still nothing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by intrinsicniyi(m): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nenyezz:
i think asking this question on this thread will derail it, because many other related questions will follow suit. The zoom time will be perfect so lets wait for that.

Hi, in @mbhs139 post, he specifically urge people to ask questions so as to research his responses. Its not always about derailing the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
confistified:
Please who has any idea if Canada Embassy at Accra has Resumed

They have been working all these time. For some of us that currently have our applications with them, we have been getting Ghost Updates, means they have been working on our files. Infact, on the 2nd of June, most of us got a mail notification informing us that they are working on our profiles.

Hope this helps?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hello,
For those that raised CSE for medical examination after submitting PR application, please how did you do it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ExpressEntry: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
TolulopeAde:
Please, who can help me with a contact number in Unilorin for my transcript

If you are yet to get a contact, you can let me know so I can hook you up with someone who helped me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by confistified(m): 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Zeus04:

They have been working all these time. For some of us that currently have our applications with them, we have been getting Ghost Updates, means they have been working on our files. Infact, on the 2nd of June, most of us got a mail notification informing us that they are working on our profiles.

Hope this helps?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zinzu: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
I remember you. You're very kind for your offer. God bless you

[quote author=mbhs139 post=90464818]Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada. I know it's mid-night in Nigeria, 3.06am to be precise, while it is 10.06pm here.

Sometimes ago, that was earlier this year, I requested to help any interested persons send their credentials to WES from my end here, and some people responded, and it is my pleasure to have helped out, at my own cost, because I got a feed back from them that WES actually received their credentials and updated their record.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Brunel(m): 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
mbhs139:
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at doing a two hour session: the first one hour will be done in the comfort of my house, while in the second and final part, I will take you round some facilities, virtually, in my area, to wet your apatite and further increase your interest and thus motivate you to put in more effort.

So, kindly signify if you're interested and drop the likely questions you may have in mind so that I can research about it before time. Whatever questions, ranging from jobs, housing, child care benefit, schooling, getting loans and grant for going to school and life in Ontario generally.

So, that's the deal.

Thank you sir.
I am interested in the webinar.
1. What was your motivating factor that kept you going through the toughest times and waiting times?
2. What pitfalls should we avoid when applying for the Express Entry Stream?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aamstih: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
can you claim points with your CIPM?

crespo67:
Hi Everyone
Please is there anyone that has evaluated their CIPM with WES during this lockdown?
Is WES still accepting hard copy transcripts? What's the typical duration for CIPM transcript to be sent to WES for evaluation.
Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
confistified:
I haven't gotten any update..... is it because I only use the online tool for checking?

And thanks for the reply

Are you referring to the mail update or the ghost update? When is your AOR? Mine is December 2019. A friend that's January 2020 said she also got ghost update on Friday, last week. Not sure how they are following the sequence though... But I am certain they have been working.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
aamstih:
can you claim points with your CIPM?

Yes! I evaluated and claimed with mine. Though I heard it has to be the examination route and not the professional route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
blaqvoke:
Thank you. Please is it advisable to take an online course in a Canadian university? Would it help or it might just be a waste of time?
It's a waste of time for EE except you need it for job hunting purposes when you get to Canada..

To claim points for Canadian education, you must have been physically present for atleast 8 months in Canada while doing the course.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by cnwamo(m): 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
Please I have a question to anyone that may know the answer. Is it possible to use a newly opened account to receive a gift deed towards the express entry?
The reason for my question is because I don’t reside in Nigeria and I only have a foreign bank account but my Family member in Nigeria has offered me the funds needed but unfortunately I can’t receive it here at the moment.
Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thank You.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by confistified(m): 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Zeus04:

Are you referring to the mail update or the ghost update? When is your AOR? Mine is December 2019. A friend that's January 2020 said she also got ghost update on Friday, last week. Not sure how they are following the sequence though... But I am certain they have been working.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Agbeni33: 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
[quote author=mbhs139 post=90464818]Hello everyone, Good evening from Milton, Ontario, Canada. I know it's mid-night in Nigeria, 3.06am to be precise, while it is 10.06pm here.

How do we go about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
confistified:
My application is actually not Express Entry..... And it's being handled by Accra Immigration, that's why I wanted to know if they are working cos since March av gotten no update.... Thanks
work permit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SapphireFort(f): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ola2j:
For anyone trying to get an extra certificate, you can do acca diploma (f1-f3) and wes evaluates it as one year college level certificate. I got my ECA today and that was what was written there.
Please can you share further information about ACCA and how to apply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by confistified(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kekereekun123:
work permit
nope
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2020
confistified:
nope
Secrecy?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by KlausMike(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hi everyone. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with my question.

A little background story:
I recently graduated from a master’s program here in Canada and am hoping to apply for federal skilled worker program when the draw resumes. I created an EE profile today and would like to start making arrangements for the necessary documents i'd need. My questions are as follows:

i. Do i still need a gift of deed (to explain where the amount came from) from my dad for the $20,000 sent last year, considering it has been in my account for a year

ii. Considering that i left naija in 2018, do i need a police certificate from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Amanee:

@emboldened

That is part of the cause. You need to work on your vocabulary and tenses, it's not magic

...you didn't correct him/her.
Uncle or aunty it is STUCK

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Pm me, I'm going to add you to the telegram group to get all the info you need

SapphireFort:

Please can you share further information about ACCA and how to apply?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Richdee1(m): 7:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dammie0904:
Pm me, I'm going to add you to the telegram group to get all the info you need

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.