Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,730 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333929 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
Komed:

[/b]There is no issue with the account.[b]

It has not been used in a while and would just have the pof transferred by my dad and the lil money in there which is less than 5k.

I am asking if there would be a problem using such an account

We have come full circle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
I asked this question a few weeks back and I was advised to remark both writing and speaking and both came back as 7.5 and so I’ve maxed out IELTS. My result is now LRWS 9,8.5,7.5,7.5. Thanks to all those who advised me to remark and to God who made the EOR successful.
Marykelly:
Good morning everyone, so I just checked my IELTS I had LRWS 9,8.5,7,7. Is it advisable I apply for a remark for my speaking?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neam9: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Pls someone answer. Thanks

Neam9:
Good evening. Please seniors in the house I need your input. During medicals is it advisable to inform them of any history of hypertension for example?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
ednut1:
submitting application happens only after ITA is gotten. Being in the pool is not an application.
Thanks. So this means I can make changes when I am in the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
Neam9:

History? They will see what they need while doing your medical that day. Just make sure your BP is normal the day you are going for your medical. Even if, HBP is not a medical condition that will stop you from entering Canada. No dey think about this thing, e go heighten the BP more grin grin
And if there is a problem, they usually tell you. I know a couple of people they referred to a cardio for further tests.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Otoge:

Attaching payslip is not aj IRCC application requirement. What is required is reference letter. Don't go and complicate things when not asked. It is usually AVO that requires as AdR for some, then you can attach it and close mouth, no LOE or long talk. The bank alert inflow doesn't show NYSC, so... And some were paid in their PPAs too. They can attach that alone and forget about allawe alert.
Nobody should abandon their hard earned one year experience. Except you have excess, you can. This case is just one in 100.
Na I-too-know pple go spoil that NYSC bonus.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
FarmGang:
Yes yes yes yes yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
isaacola57:
won't they still know it's nysc from the pay slip or statement to show u were.. ok how can one do wat u said..

Is nysc not job experience? Why make simple thing complex? @otoge has explained all already, i dont know what u want to hear gain
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
isaacola57:
I heard nysc is no more seen as a work experience how true
I doubt this is true as I used NYSC experience majorly as my 1 yr work experience and got my PR June 11 (last month). Just get a well-written reference letter from your PPA, not payslip oh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
listowell:

Na I-too-know pple go spoil that NYSC bonus.

No mind them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by punchyy(f): 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
Please I need advice, I plan on sending my B.sc and CIPM cert to WES for evaluation. Now CIPM is open for business, meaning they would be able to send my transcript to WES. On the other hand my school is not in session for transcript matters and they don't do it online.
If I go ahead and pay for evaluation of these two documents, meanwhile only CIPM can send transcript to them, and whenever school is in session and I can apply for the transcript to be sent to WES, will WES still evaluate it (the B.sc)?
Could there be extra payment for sending the remaining document later, what should I do pls, your contributions will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
isaacola57:
I heard nysc is no more seen as a work experience how true

olalekan9320:
if you actually served, and you are able to get a reference letter stating your job duties and that you work full time including other necessary details, I don't think there will be issue. Even though the VO decided to be .... He/she noted that the LOE submitted supported his/her claim, hence, maybe the person wasn't able to get reference letter or something is wrong with it. Why the need for LOE?

just my take

What Olalekan said.

Please let us carefully review the VO's comments. I don't think it's about whether the applicant mentioned NYSC or not. I think it is safe to say NYSC is not an internship or apprenticeship program!!!

HOWEVER, the VO seems to be arguing that the LOE (not even ref letter) is not consistent with the chosen NOC. He uses local knowledge of NYSC programme to buttress this point. As we cannot see the LOE submitted (why was there no ref letter??), it is difficult to say.

Did the applicant submit a ref letter? Is it possible that perhaps the teaching role performed by the applicant is more suited to NOC 4032 or 4413. Was the teaching done at a secondary school? Was applicant the main teacher?

My opinion is that NYSC is fine BUT as has been stated over and over and over, please get a ref letter as close as possible to IRCC format from employer that shows your roles being majorly in sync with chosen NOC.

Obedience is better than sacrifice.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
listowell:

Yes yes yes yes yes

Thanks. One more question please, can I enter the pool without my WES ECA being ready? Assuming I have max out my IELTS..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ladywinterfell: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
FarmGang:

Thanks. One more question please, can I enter the pool without my WES ECA being ready? Assuming I have max out my IELTS..

No no no no no

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
Neam9:

Even if you don’t mention it, they’ll ask. You don’t need to lie, it won’t affect your application in any way

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neam9: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lol.. Okay. Thank you very much. God bless you

Otoge:

History? They will see what they need while doing your medical that day. Just make sure your BP is normal the day you are going for your medical. Even if, HBP is not a medical condition that will stop you from entering Canada. No dey think about this thing, e go heighten the BP more grin grin
And if there is a problem, they usually tell you. I know a couple of people they referred to a cardio for further tests.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
FarmGang:

You can’t because you have the minimum entry criteria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
NaijaCanadian28:

You can’t because you have the minimum entry criteria.
don’t *
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WaleCanada: 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
FarmGang:

Yes you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WaleCanada: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
@ednut1 bawo ni odo eeee??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Teemez: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Good evening to everyone. Has anyone experience change of Examination Date by BC in Ibadan recently?

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nacho4: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
No extra charges. Wes will wait until they have received all the documents for the qualifications you indicate you want to evaluate before issuing you an ECA report. So go ahead.

Matter of fact, I paid for evaluation in September 2019 when I wasn't even done with my program, and was only able to get my documents across to WES in march 2020.

You just gonna see "Awaiting Documents" on your profile

punchyy:
Please I need advice, I plan on sending my B.sc and CIPM cert to WES for evaluation. Now CIPM is open for business, meaning they would be able to send my transcript to WES. On the other hand my school is not in session for transcript matters and they don't do it online.
If I go ahead and pay for evaluation of these two documents, meanwhile only CIPM can send transcript to them, and whenever school is in session and I can apply for the transcript to be sent to WES, will WES still evaluate it (the B.sc)?
Could there be extra payment for sending the remaining document later, what should I do pls, your contributions will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by punchyy(f): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nacho4:
No extra charges. Wes will wait until they have received all the documents for the qualifications you indicate you want to evaluate before issuing you an ECA report. So go ahead.

Matter of fact, I paid for evaluation in September 2019 when I wasn't even done with my program, and was only able to get my documents across to WES in march 2020.

You just gonna see "Awaiting Documents" on your profile

oh thanks for clarifying..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Imu84tj: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Neam9:

There is no issue with that. It's just your history so it is documented. I had high BP during pregnancy and told them when I went for medicals and it was passed. No issue there even if ur hypertensive still no issue. Hope it helps.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
Zeus04:

Hahahahahah @high on Urine.

But guess others planning his route should better avoid using NYSC as work experience to avoid wahala. These guys will just be looking for every reason to bounce someone... Let's not give them that reason.

It is well

This is super true. I am having the same issue and i think they are looking for any reason to bounce someone.
Have just seen in my notes that vo is not convinced an intern can perform the roles in my ref letter. Pls guys any word that has internship seems to be flagged now. I have written a loe and gotten my supervisor to detail out that we manage projects carried out by third party contractors cos i picked 0711. It is just sad that after 8 months i see eligibility failed cos of this.

I was going to not say anything but this is an important stage for anyone packaging their documents. The VO said myself or my supervisor should have sent supporting documents to show why i am performing such a role. I only submitted reference letter which is what is required.

Guys pls include loe in ur application to point out anything u feel might be flagged and explain very well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
Wait o, how many years work experience do you have for them to be questioning your role. Is your VO still AVO?
Bazbaby:

This is super true. I am having the same issue and i think they are looking for any reason to bounce someone.
Have just seen in my notes that vo is not convinced an intern can perform the roles in my ref letter. Pls guys any word that has internship seems to be flagged now. I have written a loe and gotten my supervisor to detail out that we manage projects carried out by third party contractors cos i picked 0711. It is just sad that after 8 months i see eligibility failed cos of this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Bazbaby:

I was going to not say anything but this is an important stage for anyone packaging their documents. The VO said myself or my supervisor should have sent supporting documents to show why i am performing such a role. I only submitted reference letter which is what is required.

Guys pls include loe in ur application to point out anything u feel might be flagged and explain very well.

So sorry to hear this. Good that you ordered notes and noticed this before a decision was made. Was this 0711 NYSC experience?

You are right that we should always include any details that can provide clarity to VOs. Are you able to include contracts that you developed and signed for example, minutes of contract negotiations where you represented the firm or building materials acquisitions that you approved? Just picking a few things from the NOC. This will give further weight to your LOE.

I may be wrong, but from what I have read it seems that NOCs that begin with 0 are considered managerial roles (senior and middle management). So if someone doing NYSC chooses an NOC starting with 0, VO may query whether a fresh graduate can control, direct and manage activities of a company or department.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
FarmGang:

You go need page1. You can't wing it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
MJKJ:
Wait o, how many years work experience do you have for them to be questioning your role. Is your VO still AVO?

Yup. 3 years in total.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by muvey10: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
Exactly. The problem is not really internship but how can an intern be a manager. It does not sound right.

Let’s learn to think like VOs. I remember I wanted to pick 0016 NOC and a friend advised me not to, that that NOC is for well established CEOs not CEO of an SME, it is now I understand what he was saying

He said, you have to pick the lesser one in terms of designation to avoid them not being convinced about your work experience.
Mamaroon:

So sorry to hear this. Good that you ordered notes and noticed this before a decision was made. Was this 0711 NYSC experience?

You are right that we should always include any details that can provide clarity to VOs. Are you able to include contracts that you developed and signed for example, minutes of contract negotiations where you represented the firm or building materials acquisitions that you approved? Just picking a few things from the NOC. This will give further weight to your LOE.

I may be wrong, but from what I have read it seems that NOCs that begin with 0 are considered managerial roles (senior and middle management). So if someone doing NYSC chooses an NOC starting with 0, VO may query whether a fresh graduate can control, direct and manage activities of a company or department.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mamaroon:

I really didn't know there was an issue with managerial NOCs, if not I would have paid more attention to it. The work experience is after NYSC and i was hired as a graduate intern. Also my ref letter from the company stated that the job title is graduate intern. It is annoying but that is the only that has construction project management.

Unfortunately, i don't have copies of those documents. I am sure they are even proprietary, the company would not even give me a copy of it. My supervisor has written a letter to explain more of what we do. I am hoping for the best.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.