Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333625 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 12:04am On Jul 07, 2020
oginnite:

4months? even with this corona Pandemic period? is it still fast? cos i want to process a work Permit and i am thinking it may be slow.
was speaking in pre and post corona terms not now. she doesn't have PR yet nor has she come back home to marry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by thelma2803(f): 1:30am On Jul 07, 2020
CanadaPR:

You'll need to send the Diploma to WES for your Bsc to be evaluated. Give your WES reference number to the French Village School and tell them to send your official transcripts in a sealed envelope directly to WES. You will only need to scan and send a copy of the Diploma certificate to WES...

Transcripts must be sent by University or College

Thank you . I appreciate your response .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Synkells: 2:13am On Jul 07, 2020
Hey guys,

I am about submitting my PR application and I am at the payment stage, but each time i input my naira visa debit card details, it declines with this message - DECLINED - TRANSACTION NOT APPROVED

I have tried like 5 times and same message. Each time i check my account balance and amount not deducted and it always prompts me to go back and try again.

Please anyone in the house kindly assist as it is super urgent, i have only 2 days left.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kareemoh: 2:47am On Jul 07, 2020
House pls I need advice and encouragement to write ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elcid1(m): 4:08am On Jul 07, 2020
practice practice practice especially writing and listening
Kareemoh:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tocyn94(f): 6:46am On Jul 07, 2020
Hello house,
Please how do I add my WES reference number when using hellofax to send my statement of result?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2020
drdams:
ever worked in a Bank?
I doubt? perhaps in the 90s or early 2000s

you are super wrong!!

Sorry, banker. What do I know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BeuHarry: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2020
nenelistic:

Not necessarily. They take up either E-banking, Customer service, relationship management, treasury roles etc . Tellers are mostly OND or HND contract staff .

While I agree that various entries roles. new ETs that get deployed to branch operations from training schools in most of the banks are required to work as tellers and customer service reps, before they go on to become supervisors.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by isaacola57: 7:42am On Jul 07, 2020
Tocyn94:
Hello house,
Please how do I add my WES reference number when using hellofax to send my statement of result?
thought you could just scan and upload now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Rapture07: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2020
Synkells:
Hey guys,

I am about submitting my PR application and I am at the payment stage, but each time i input my naira visa debit card details, it declines with this message - DECLINED - TRANSACTION NOT APPROVED

I have tried like 5 times and same message. Each time i check my account balance and amount not deducted and it always prompts me to go back and try again.

Please anyone in the house kindly assist as it is super urgent, i have only 2 days left.

What bank card are you using? Do you know the limit set by your bank for international transactions? It happened to me so I later just used my dollar account to pay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SoftWorking(f): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2020
Tocyn94:
Hello house,

Forget Hellofax...there is now direct upload on WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rotile247(m): 8:28am On Jul 07, 2020
Synkells:
Hey guys,

Go to your bank and activate your card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oginnite(m): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2020
Does anyone knows the Processing time for this Pilot program? Home Child care provider and Home support Worker pilot and how many months for processing work permit from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by RainExec: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2020
zeelan:
Hello, Have you been able to get your transcript from OAU yet? I might be able to help you with that. Send me a p.m.

I tried sending you a PM but it says I can only send you mail and you are not available. Please contact me, I need help with my transcript in OAU.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Tocyn94(f): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2020
SoftWorking:

Forget Hellofax...there is now direct upload on WES.
Oh...alright. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by PharmHadassah: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2020
Synkells:
Hey guys,

Your bank most likely has a limit, you could try another bank(Used Access bank for mine )
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by adelolo: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2020
PharmHadassah:

Your bank most likely has a limit, you could try another bank(Used Access bank for mine )

i used gtbank
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladymarshall: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hello everyone, long time. How are we keeping up? Please don’t give up on this journey at whatever stage you are. It will be worth it. Things are still slow here but the economy is picking up gradually. It’s a new COVID way of life.

For those still at the ielts stage, this YouTube video has really helpful tips on how to pass Ielts in one sitting. She speaks from experience. All the best in this journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PeFQSnX3BQ

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by henrinco(m): 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2020
Please those that wrote IDP ielts on 13th june, 2020.. what's the date for test result on the test report form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by joselekas(m): 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2020
Kareemoh:

1. You need to first decide which mode you want to take.
I did it twice. The first attempt was Computer-Delivered (CD) in November 2019 with British Council and I had: L 7, R 6, W 7.5, and S 8.
My choice of CD was the inherent advantages it has with Writing. The Writing part was a walk in the park as I didn't have to worry about corrections and insertions. I got my desired band score in Writing and Speaking but the first two sections, Listening and Reading, were affected. Reading, in my opinion, is difficult with CD. However, I have seen some band 9 results in CD Reading. So I could be wrong with that opinion or maybe the Reading of that day was disproportionately hard.

The second IELTS was 20th of June (the results came in last Friday). I did Paper-Based at IDP and I had: L 8, R 7.5, W 7.5, and S 7.5. I struggled during the Writing part to finish the essay. It was a race against time and I was scared I could get 6.5.

My advise: go for Paper-Based.

2. British Council or IDP?
I read somewhere that IDP examiners are more lenient with their Writing rubrics. I can't confirm or deny that but what I can say is that my Writing with British Council last November was way better than the one I did last month with IDP and both results came back with band 7.5. I leave you to make your decision on that.

3. On preparation
Nothing can substitute to doing a thorough preparation. You don't want to go there and disgrace yourself. It doesn't matter what level your of English is, you have to prepare for this one. Get Cambridge study pack and practice like you are sitting for the real exam. You can download on the Internet for free if you look carefully - if you have any problem with this let me know. It is invaluable for your Listening and Reading section and whatever you are getting is a reflection of what you will eventually get. So be sure you are hitting your band whilst preparing before registering for the examination. Review the questions you missed and you will begin to see patterns and your score should improve. If your score is not improving in Listening, take a break and download Podcasts especially dialogue. With Reading you can read books and novels. Speed is important in Reading.

On Writing, Jay and Liz videos are on Youtube for free and if you can afford their premium content go for it. You also need to practice writing. Write as much as you can. Join IELTS Mooc group on Facebook and post your writings for people to help you review. It will help!

On Speaking, get someone to drill you with the questions on the Cambridge Study Pack. If you can treat the questions there you should not have any problem with Speaking. Check out videos of Jay and Liz on Speaking too.

Ire ooo.

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nacho4: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
25th June

henrinco:
Please those that wrote IDP ielts on 13th june, 2020.. what's the date for test result on the test report form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lollmaolol(m): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=Jobola1 post=91368822][/quote]

Congratulations, gimme that soap wey you dey use. My test date is 9th July.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
joselekas:

1. You need to first decide which mode you want to take.
I did it twice. The first attempt was Computer-Delivered (CD) in November 2019 with British Council and I had: L 7, R 6, W 7.5, and S 8.
My choice of CD was the inherent advantages it has with Writing. The Writing part was a walk in the park as I didn't have to worry about corrections and insertions. I got my desired band score in Writing and Speaking but the first two sections, Listening and Reading, were affected. Reading, in my opinion, is difficult with CD. However, I have seen some band 9 results in CD Reading. So I could be wrong with that opinion or maybe the Reading of that day was disproportionately hard.

The second IELTS was 20th of June (the results came in last Friday). I did Paper-Based at IDP and I had: L 8, R 7.5, W 7.5, and S 7.5. I struggled during the Writing part to finish the essay. It was a race against time and I was scared I could get 6.5.

My advise: go for Paper-Based.

2. British Council or IDP?
I read somewhere that IDP examiners are more lenient with their Writing rubrics. I can't confirm or deny that but what I can say is that my Writing with British Council last November was way better than the one I did last month with IDP and both results came back with band 7.5. I leave you to make your decision on that.

3. On preparation
Nothing can substitute to doing a thorough preparation. You don't want to go there and disgrace yourself. It doesn't matter what level your of English is, you have to prepare for this one. Get Cambridge study pack and practice like you are sitting for the real exam. You can download on the Internet for free if you look carefully - if you have any problem with this let me know. It is invaluable for your Listening and Reading section and whatever you are getting is a reflection of what you will eventually get. So be sure you are hitting your band whilst preparing before registering for the examination. Review the questions you missed and you will begin to see patterns and your score should improve. If your score is not improving in Listening, take a break and download Podcasts especially dialogue. With Reading you can read books and novels. Speed is important in Reading.

On Writing, Jay and Liz videos are on Youtube for free and if you can afford their premium content go for it. You also need to practice writing. Write as much as you can. Join IELTS Mooc group on Facebook and post your writings for people to help you review. It will help!

On Speaking, get someone to drill you with the questions on the Cambridge Study Pack. If you can treat the questions there you should not have any problem with Speaking. Check out videos of Jay and Liz on Speaking too.

Ire ooo.

Nice thanks for this.
Can you share the download link for the cambridge study pack?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by joselekas(m): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
FarmGang:

Nice thanks for this.
Can you share the download link for the cambridge study pack?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/55ib86s9mr9cpcm/AABHd3g-RpjdVU1d-lxABY4ya?dl=0

7 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hello RainExec, Yes I can assist you with getting your O.A.U transcript. Please check I have responded to your mail.
RainExec:

I tried sending you a PM but it says I can only send you mail and you are not available. Please contact me, I need help with my transcript in OAU.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by henrinco(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Nacho4:
25th June

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mobenjackson(m): 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
BIG NEWS....!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0dK4bdqvQ
watch first 5 minutes.
FSW/FST will be back soonest... Hang in there, keep the Canadian dream alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Focusmind: 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2020
mobenjackson:
BIG NEWS....!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0dK4bdqvQ

watch first 5 minutes.

FSW/FST will be back soonest... Hang in there, keep the Canadian dream alive.

Good one - Cany dream must surely come to pass.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meetme01: 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vetilicious(f): 1:20am On Jul 08, 2020
Hello All,

My ECA with WES is stuck at verification by Unilag since March. A friend told me that he did nothing and Unilag responded to WES eventually. I just need confirmation if there is any official fees necessary for verification by Unilag or just like my friend said, i just need to wait and nothing needs to be paid.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by profeddor15: 3:15am On Jul 08, 2020
Good morning house, please i seriously need your help and support.
I created an express entry profile and upon completion and submission of the profile, the outcome was "you're ineligible for express entry"
When i scroll down to check for my crs scores, nothing was shown to ascertain the reason for ineligibility.
Please, advise me on what to do because all the information needed were duely filled.
Thanks
Looking forward to your positive response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ataansuyi: 4:03am On Jul 08, 2020
please I'd also like to join the group for the BCE exams and if someone can kindly put me through on how to register and all, thanks.
Seriah:

Good @Abuja2canada. Please I would like to be a part of the telegram group as well. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.