Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1330628 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifeanyimoses: 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kekereekun123:
No bank here will entertain you on a visitor visa. In their forms they will ask if you are authorized to work in canada if the answer is no. Regret mail things. Focus on your masters and ielts. Canada awaits

Thank you very much, does the bsc and MSC grades (cgpa) count and also the ielts score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifeanyimoses: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mamaroon:

See here information on people that can immigrate with others:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14

Also looking through this link will help with understanding the suggestions others have already given about finishing up your MSc and getting 3 years experience.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Thank you very much, this was quite helpful. Now I see the reason I should have a 3 years work experience, the difference is really large compared to scores of less than 3 years. Generally, do you think going with a spouse is more beneficial in terms of past records of people that have gone or would going alone be better?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
ifeanyimoses:

Thank you very much, does the bsc and MSC grades (cgpa) count and also the ielts score?
read page 1.to understand the process. Use the crs tool to simulate score. Grades are not considered
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
How many times have you been told to read page 1 uncle?
U r fortunate baba @Otoge has not been online for some days now, his response to this your questions would have forced you to read the said page 1. cheesy cheesy
You need to understand the process to know the right question(s) to ask.

ifeanyimoses:

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Liispa:

I think the person meant its easier for bankers to obtain a visitor visa in Nigeria, then look for a job when they get there.
very hard. might work for IT guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eniolakiite(f): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
The IELTS score is very important. Advisable to score high in the bands.

ifeanyimoses:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
isangjohnson:
From all the post I've read here, l learned Acca and Cima are self paced.
Please, is Bcs also self paced?
I'll really like to know if I can study the materials on my own, write the exam and pass, even as I do not have IT background.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Evie123: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
Evie123:
Good evening all. Please I would like to ask a question. can I apply for a work permit if my spouse has a job offer in Canada and will be given a work permit? He does not have a PR. During my research, I read some where that I can apply for an open work permit. Please has anyone done this or know of someone who did? Please enlighten me.

Please does anyone know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chigrad: 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good day all. I intend requesting for a remark in IELTS writing. Is it possible to have a lower score after a remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2020
Yes you can apply for open work permit

Evie123:

Please does anyone know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
No. Scores remain the same or increase. They never go lower

chigrad:
Good day all. I intend requesting for a remark in IELTS writing. Is it possible to have a lower score after a remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stevewonder(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good evening my people, I am still yet to get a reliable contact for transcript processing in UNAD/EKSU. Please anyone that knows anyone that knows anyone or if you have a direct contact, please give me.

God bless you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Limitlessbond: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
Limitlessbond:
Good evening all,
Please will it raise an eyebrow if a family of 3 is getting their POF as gift deed from parents or sibling?
Is it advisable or should one desist from it if possible. Note the person has over 5years working experience.
Thanks for Ur valuable inputs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Evie123: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mrsc22:
Yes you can apply for open work permit

Thanks a lot for your response. Please would this affect my ongoing PR application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mobabaola: 12:23am On Aug 10, 2020
Hello all,
What happens if one receives ITA in a draw that falls on their birthday? Do you still lose 5 points?
Although the draws have become unpredictable, going by the 2 week trend, there might be another one on 19th Aug which is the same day I turn a year older.
I am currently on 474 and I'm preparing for and thinking of redoing the IELTS exam to max out this time.
This is why I want to know if the ship has sailed and I will lose points on that day (whether or not ITA comes through) so I can just face my exam jeje or wait until that day to go ahead and pay for the exam.
I will appreciate all the advice I can get.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Brownie1003: 1:16am On Aug 10, 2020
You have answered your question. There is a possibility of losing 5 points and no one knows if it will be FSW or CEC (as usual) so, go rewrite IELTS and max out.
All da best.
Mobabaola:
Hello all,
What happens if one receives ITA in a draw that falls on their birthday? Do you still lose 5 points?
Although the draws have become unpredictable, going by the 2 week trend, there might be another one on 19th Aug which is the same day I turn a year older.
I am currently on 474 and I'm preparing for and thinking of redoing the IELTS exam to max out this time.
This is why I want to know if the ship has sailed and I will lose points on that day (whether or not ITA comes through) so I can just face my exam jeje or wait until that day to go ahead and pay for the exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 1:21am On Aug 10, 2020
Mobabaola:
Hello all,
Although the draws have become unpredictable, going by the 2 week trend, there might

Age gets locked when u receive ITA, while IELTS and ECA gets locked after AOR

With the scenario on ground, u would likely lose 5 points unless u get ITA before 19th of August. Really unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 2:06am On Aug 10, 2020
So an affidavit isn’t compulsory for a gift deed?
Kekereekun123:
you dont need a lawyer. I never did along with many of my friends.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 5:20am On Aug 10, 2020
Mobabaola:
Hello all,

Damn... This is so weird and sad. You will def lose 5 points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:25am On Aug 10, 2020
AJ101:
Please I missed out and I am just seeing this now. Please is there still a second chance on this zoom meeting stuff. I'll be so glad to join as I am also looking into the same Ontario. Thank you

The program has not held as planned all the while embarassed However, it's a promise I made and I intend to keep, because no one forced it on me in the first place. The issue is right now, because of the Covid-19, I am damn busy with this Americans, filing unemployment benefits for them. And because of time difference, and the fact that I actually work on weekends, this has made it an up heal task to make out time. I operate on three different time zones these days: Ontario Canada; Lagos Nigeria; and the Chicago, America, which is about 5hours different. In any case, by God's grace, we shall have it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:28am On Aug 10, 2020
Evie123:

Please does anyone know?

Since your husband have a work permit already, I suppose you both will be landing as spouse, then you can apply for a work permit on arrival. I know of a couple, this is their situation. Except if the work permit does not allow your husband to come with his family/dependent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bcpump: 5:29am On Aug 10, 2020
Please i need help with UNILAG transcript for WES evaluation. Does anyone have any contact?
I have already tried the records page on the website. the new application page is not working.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:39am On Aug 10, 2020
ifeanyimoses:
Good day my people, this is my first time here, I am planning to immigrate to Canada through the various Canadian immigration platform with my sister who holds a bachelors degree, so I am currently running my Masters in Statistics, as I was told it will add more points to me. I also work in a bank as a Statistical data analyst and have 'a year +' experience in that role. I also have a brother, not direct (not same surname) but same kindred who lives in Canada, and I am thinking of using that to add points. I also plan to write Ielts next year. I am single and would be 28 when I am done with my Masters. Please what can I do to maximize my chance of immigrating to Canada as a Statistician/data analyst. I really do not want to miss it when I apply?

http://funmioyatogun.com/2019/02/canadian-pr/

I hope this link should work for you and others

In addition,

For ios users:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1447024170

For Android users:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=maaz.canpr.myapplication

I think it is best you access this through your phone's browser so that it just take you to the respective stores straight

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:42am On Aug 10, 2020
Bcpump:
Please i need help with UNILAG transcript for WES evaluation. Does anyone have any contact?
I have already tried the records page on the website. the new application page is not working.
thanks

It is working now, I just applied for a very close friend on Friday. Processing fee to North America is now 32K.
Send me an sms on this line; 07020617732
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:49am On Aug 10, 2020
Godtemi:
Am sorry for my question again
I have Google this question and all the answers are not same.

I want to know if I can do Medical test for my baby and wife without ITA yet?

What is the present cost for adult 30year above?
And baby 0-4years ?

If I can do it, please help me with the hospital address in Lagos

For my baby international passport, I will be doing it next week with her National I D card at ikoyi

I doubt if you can, because you'll need a letter from IRCC to take to the accredited clinic. Otherwise, they will not attend to you.

At the bold part, there are two of them in Lagos, Qlife on Victoria Island, 155A Prince Ade Odedina St, off Sinari Daranijo St, Victoria Island 101244, Lagos, Nigeria, Phone: +234 809 974 2000; and IUM at Ikeja, I don't know the address, and google didn't bring it out. I can ask my friends though

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:52am On Aug 10, 2020
Limitlessbond:
Good evening all,
Please will it raise an eyebrow if a family of 3 is getting their POF as gift deed from parents or sibling?
Is it advisable or should one desist from it if possible. Note the person has over 5years working experience.
Thanks for Ur valuable inputs

Just provide all the necessary documents that shows that it is actually a Gift Deeds. It doesn't matter if you get one percent or hundred percent of your PoF as Deed. What matters is being able to proof that it is actually a Gift Deed, and being able to convince the VO with all required documentation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:56am On Aug 10, 2020
ifeanyimoses:

Thank you very much, My aunt whose child is a citizen says I can claim his son as my cousin, I am looking for ways to increase my points, she also said I can travel to Canada for a vacation as its easier for Bankers and can try and see if I can arrange a job, as she said statistician job is highly sought after, what do you think?, thank you for all your advice.

At the bold part, that is if you're applying through the PnP route, and provided this cousin of yours is of age, I mean an adult, and can take up the responsibility of being a host, otherwise, no try am o!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mbhs139(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2020
Mamaroon:

See info here on who can be a dependent and procedure for future sponsorship of family members. The agent probably meant when one of the children is successful i.e. a permanent resident they can sponsor the parents.

The 50 year old couple can also explore investment options if they are very wealthy circa US$500k and above, like someone mentioned. Many provinces offer these. The cheapest route is probably what the agent mentioned though.

The Canadian immigration programs are straightforward and can be done without agents. The family can nominate the 24 year old to conduct further research.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14

At the bold part, absolutely true!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Stevewonder(m): 6:26am On Aug 10, 2020
SapphireFort:

Have you sent your transcript?

I never did. I just need to start asap. That's why I'm asking for a contact person to reach out to.

Please �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jjerryola(f): 7:35am On Aug 10, 2020
Pls is there anyone who has contact that can help to get LAUTECH transcript and UNILAG transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NaijaCanadian28: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2020
Ibukune:
Pls who can help out with evaluation of pharmacy degree by PEBC, pharmacist in the house, pls give me a helping hand, and if there is a whatsapp group or thread here, Pls I won't mind to be notified.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2020
Please I need a thread for people that have gotten ITA on the next steps to take

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.