Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1332044 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Denerystormborn: 10:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Thank you very much
amaya21:
1. Only answer Yes to #1 if you've submitted an application to IRCC post-ITA. That is , if you've gotten AOR after getting an ITA.

2) You don't need to add any other ID. It's optional.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by builderperry: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I am Ahmed and international student in Hamburg. I started my Canada express entry journey yesterday by paying to WES and ETX for my transcripts. I have ND, HND and B.sc, If I knew earlier I would evaluate just my ND and HND since I will get the same point. Well, that's gone and I need to move forward. To avoid further mistake in future, I would to love ask this question and I hope someone would answer me.

I work as an IT student after my ND, the company is closed as it is a small firm (2009-2010 1 yr). I worked as a teacher during my NYSC (2013 -2014 1 yr), I can't get a reference letter from the school and thirdly I was working for a company while studying for my HND (2010 - 2012 2 yrs) and B.sc (2014 - 2018 4 yrs) and after studies (2018 - 2019 1 yr). Please what part of the working experience counts for the express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2020
You didn't mention what type of work you did for the last job while you were studying - not every type of job is eligible so that is important to know.

You can't use the first job you did in 2009 - 2010. Only work experience in the last 10 years is eligible. As of today, no work done before August 2010 would be valid (August 2010 was 10 years ago).

builderperry:
Hello Everyone!

I am Ahmed and international student in Hamburg. I started my Canada express entry journey yesterday by paying to WES and ETX for my transcripts. I have ND, HND and B.sc, If I knew earlier I would evaluate just my ND and HND since I will get the same point. Well, that's gone and I need to move forward. To avoid further mistake in future, I would to love ask this question and I hope someone would answer me.

I work as an IT student after my ND, the company is closed as it is a small firm (2009-2010 1 yr). I worked as a teacher during my NYSC (2013 -2014 1 yr), I can't get a reference letter from the school and thirdly I was working for a company while studying for my HND (2010 - 2012 2 yrs) and B.sc (2014 - 2018 4 yrs) and after studies (2018 - 2019 1 yr). Please what part of the working experience counts for the express entry?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by builderperry: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2020
Thank you for your response. The job in 2009 started in October. I worked as Site Engineer, Planner and Project Builder respectively after my NYSC (all related to construction).

amaya21:
You didn't mention what type of work you did for the last job while you were studying - not every type of job is eligible so that is important to know.

You can't use the first job you did in 2009 - 2010. Only work experience in the last 10 years is eligible. As of today, no work done before August 2010 would be valid (August 2010 was 10 years ago).

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladykilllar: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2020
ednut1:
this thing cost me ontario pnp in 2018. I was on 415 crs and did not open an ee profile as i thought 8777 only can open a profile, a week later they send pnp invite 400 and above. If your have bsc only and a low ielts scores the person wont like meet 67/100. But with 2 or more, masters, 6666 it will be above the 67/100 threshold

You are very correct sir. Reason why I put 'I think' in my statement as I wasn't sure what he was really doing wrong.

Thanks for the insights though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ladykilllar: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2020
babajust:

This is not the reason for profile being ineligible. With a minimum of 6 in any of the ielts test sections, you should be eligible. Check that the POF that is quoted meets IRCC requirement.

Nice. Thanks for the insights
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
Raymum:
Please I need help with IELTS READING and WRITING. My scores keep alternating between 6.5/7. When I manage to score 7 in writing, reading drops to 6 5.

My listening and speaking seem okay(between 8 and 8.5).

whats your location?..i can help u out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AJ101: 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Denerystormborn:
Hello my people. My profile expired and i creating a new one. I have two questions:

1. In the place they asked if i have applied to IRCC before,should i choose yes or no?knowing that i was previously in the pool but my profile expired?

2. I only have a passport and i already answered the question where they asked if i have a passport or natoonal id. But they asked again if i have another government issued id. I only have voters card. Is it safe to say yes?

My opinions on this
1. Your being in the pool does not mean you have applied to IRCC before, it's if you have applied for PR before that you can give a YES to that question.
2. Just say NO to this. Your passport is enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MamaHeaven: 12:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello all, please I have a question; for proof of funds, is it possible to make use of 2 gift deeds? So for example, if my brother and mum give me money to make up my proof of funds in my mutual fund, do I need to show 2 separate gift deeds? Is this acceptable?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by prost80(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello all, it's been a long time.

Please does anyone know about a thread for this pathway(see below) to Canada. I am asking for a friend

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/some-experience-about.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ThowLou(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Tinsma:

hello,

please i need more clarification on Unilag processing of ECA, i already have my statement of results, am i to scan and forward to WES while the institution await unilag response?

you may assist with contact in unilag if you have one

my email is teefah7@gmail.com

thanks

thanks

Please send a PM if you still need the contact

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Find the appropriate NOC for the longer job. If it is in NOC group A, B or 0, then you should be able to use it.

builderperry:
Thank you for your response. The job in 2009 started in October. I worked as Site Engineer, Planner and Project Builder respectively after my NYSC (all related to construction).

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by saskatoonguy: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
One step achieved today, My wife's Own(Masters) should be out Next week. Currently Preparing for IELTS. Sharing with the family first.

Applied for Transcript: June(last week of June)
Transcript Ready : July 1
Transcript Sent/Shipped through UPS: July 3
Delivered to WES : July 20th,2020
Verification email: 8th August
ECA Report : 26th August, 2020

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ovywils: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Congratulations
saskatoonguy:
One step achieved today, My wife's Own(Masters) should be out Next week. Currently Preparing for IELTS. Sharing with the family first.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hi guys please is ICAN & ICSAN now being evaluated by WES. Last i read They didn’t count but I just want to be sure of what is obtainable presently. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Raymum: 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
[quote author=ericmaestro post=93240602]
whats your location?..i can help u out
[/quo

I don't mind writing and sending via email for correction and/or point me to the write materials to use. I have used ieltsliz, Alex& Jay formats for reading (which pushed me to band 7). I don't know if it's grammar that's pulling me down.

I got a free writing review from IELTS ( after questioning their EOR policy) and the feedback I got was that my sentence structures are good and doesn't need improvement but that grammar is reducing my mark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankylan: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
This is gross misinformation.

55emem55:

You people just like to argue shaaaa.
Minimum is 6666 if you have masters or 2 or more certificates, you can swim in the pool.

But with Bsc only, and 6666 in IELTS, you are ineligible and aint going no where.

That is why we tell people to focus on having 8777 to be safe and so that they can at least enter the pool even though their CRS scores may not be high enough.

So whether you have Bsc, 2 or more certificates or masters, just focus on having 8777 to be on a safer side. Or if your power can carry you, max out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Difemi: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello House,

I need some advise re my EE profile. I got into the pool in May with a score of 470. For my marital status, i chose "Married", but indicated that my husband will not be accompanying me as we were already having issues. We have now separated and are moving forward with a divorce. Thankfully, we have both decided to be very civil with one another especially as we have a child together.

As I earlier mentioned, I submitted my EE application with my marital status as “Married with non accompanying spouse”. From my understanding, this means that my husband will have to do his PCC, medicals and be counted as a member of the family re POF.

However, I want to change the status on my profile to Legally Separated. As I prepare my documents in the hopes of getting an ITA soon, could you please advise me on the following?

1. Will my husband still be required to submit his ECA, PCC, Medical Clearance if I change my status to “Legally separated”?
2. What documents do I need to submit to substantiate my status as “legally separated”, as I will be unable to get a divorce certificate yet. Please note that the divorce petition is already being filed. Like i said, my husband and I are quite cordial, so if there's any document i need to get from him, that wont be a problem.
3. Will my husband still be counted as a member of the family re POF if I change my status to “Legally separated”?
4. My child has US citizenship. Should i use the US passport or the Nigerian one when applying?

Thanks a lot for any help I can get.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
@bold is somehow to me. I want to understand you very well, so Bsc holders with 6666 in LRWS are ineligible? How? i do understand they wont be competitive in the pool but saying they are not eligible is some how confusing... if you have a link to back this kindly provide it, so that people in that shoe can comprehend more

55emem55:

You people just like to argue shaaaa.
Minimum is 6666 if you have masters or 2 or more certificates, you can swim in the pool.

But with Bsc only, and 6666 in IELTS, you are ineligible and aint going no where.

That is why we tell people to focus on having 8777 to be safe and so that they can at least enter the pool even though their CRS scores may not be high enough.

So whether you have Bsc, 2 or more certificates or masters, just focus on having 8777 to be on a safer side. Or if your power can carry you, max out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by builderperry: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
I am asking to know if work experience while studying is acceptable.

amaya21:
Find the appropriate NOC for the longer job. If it is in NOC group A, B or 0, then you should be able to use it.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Eraytee:
@bold is somehow to me. I want to understand you very well, so Bsc holders with 6666 in LRWS are ineligible? How? i do understand they wont be competitive in the pool but saying they are not eligible is some how confusing... if you have a link to back this kindly provide it, so that people in that shoe can comprehend more

language = 16 points, bsc =21 points , work experience 2-3 years = 11, age 18 to 35 =12 points making 60/100. It depends on the person too, if he has relatives in canada that is 5 more points, or work experience above 3 years equals more points too.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by skedemi(m): 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
listowell:

Ok, you have to retake the English Language test and aim to score better: 9.0 in the Listening and 8.0 in Reading and 7.5 in the other two. If after that you are not to up to 470, get your spouse to get the possible 20pts from that test and evaluate degree for a possible 10pts, if after that, not up to 470, you go learn and take French Language.

Above all, play with the CRS score calculator to know what to do next.

I sent you a PM Chief. Please do well to reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by skedemi(m): 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
ArcFresky:

Bro, in ielts all you need is confidence and practice, nothing hard in that thing, its just the pressure... Infact everyone should get a 9 for listening, I actually got a 9.

The scope is to follow the voice.
The questions follow each other, as you listen in an orderly step by step manner.

I also have about 6gb of ielts files, if you are interested, I can upload for you or you get it in Lagos.

Please Can you upload the files on a google drive and share?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ArcFresky(m): 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
skedemi:

Please Can you upload the files on a google drive and share?

If you will buy data for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Difemi:
Hello House,

I need some advise re my EE profile. I got into the pool in May with a score of 470. For my marital status, i chose "Married", but indicated that my husband will not be accompanying me as we were already having issues. We have now separated and are moving forward with a divorce. Thankfully, we have both decided to be very civil with one another especially as we have a child together.

As I earlier mentioned, I submitted my EE application with my marital status as “Married with non accompanying spouse”. From my understanding, this means that my husband will have to do his PCC, medicals and be counted as a member of the family re POF.

However, I want to change the status on my profile to Legally Separated. As I prepare my documents in the hopes of getting an ITA soon, could you please advise me on the following? Sorry about your situation.

1. Will my husband still be required to submit his ECA, PCC, Medical Clearance if I change my status to “Legally separated”? No, he won't, as you are now applying as "divorced"

2. What documents do I need to submit to substantiate my status as “legally separated”, as I will be unable to get a divorce certificate yet. Please note that the divorce petition is already being filed. Like i said, my husband and I are quite cordial, so if there's any document i need to get from him, that wont be a problem. You would need your official/legal divorce documents and of course the legal documents to prove that you have custody of the child, if he/she will be part of your application.

3. Will my husband still be counted as a member of the family re POF if I change my status to “Legally separated”? As long as you remain separated, you wouldn't need to show POF for him.

4. My child has US citizenship. Should i use the US passport or the Nigerian one when applying?
Not sure of this but I think there will be an option to select his/her nationality while filling in details for the child. You should use the passport of whichever country you choose here.

Thanks a lot for any help I can get.

Hopefully, others will weigh in and correct me if I had advised wrongly. All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Difemi: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Thanks a lot for your response. To clarify, we are not yet divorced, just separated. And there are options for Legally Separated and Divorced when filling in the forms, so I guess provision has been made for those who have not concluded their divorce process.

[quote author=BlestHanneSSG post=93248134][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Difemi: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
[quote author=BlestHanneSSG post=93248134][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Raymum:

I'm in Australia.

I don't mind writing and sending via email for correction and/or point me to the write materials to use. I have used ieltsliz, Alex& Jay formats for reading (which pushed me to band 7). I don't know if it's grammar that's pulling me down.

I got a free writing review from IELTS ( after questioning their EOR policy) and the feedback I got was that my sentence structures are good and doesn't need improvement but that grammar is reducing my mark.
send me an email at kighotobore90@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by vitrendy4eva: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
I think No 1 also refers to if you've applied for any form of Canny visa before...visitors, study and the rest. I might be wrong though.
AJ101:

My opinions on this
1. Your being in the pool does not mean you have applied to IRCC before, it's if you have applied for PR before that you can give a YES to that question.
2. Just say NO to this. Your passport is enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lagoscooldude: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
Please who has a sure link in Unilag. It is frustrating really, WES has sent verification request to Unilag for over 3 months yet they are yet to respond.

I don't mind spending extra money to get them to respond. I'm really frustrated tbh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by gracechellar(f): 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Eraytee:

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.