Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1334043 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fenix: 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hello everyone. I hope this is not a newbie question.

I did my masters in the US and had to submit a WES application for that. Can I still use the same evaluation report? It was a course by course evaluation.

I have tried to see if there is a separate application to get my credentials accredited for Canadian immigration purposes but I don't see the option.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alegria07: 12:08am On Oct 31, 2019
Please look into PNP, people with lower scores are getting the nomination, Ontario is a good place

okehsmiley:
475!! I give up. With my masters & spouse 2 or more certificate I am on 452 @ 33 yrs. Next year, I would lose 5 marks. I have maxed IELTS 9887. I am honestly disappointed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by remaj: 12:21am On Oct 31, 2019
Good evening everyone
Congrats to everyone that got ITA today
Please how long does it take for your profile to be changed after getting a provincial nomination
Do you have to change your profile yourself or contact them
A friend got a nomination last week from New Brunswick but CRS hasn't changed till now
Please need a reply
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MsJanez01: 12:53am On Oct 31, 2019
beamboh:
Paid February, got my report June

Fair enough but can u remember when your transcript got to them? That's when the actual count starts from
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jimiaries: 1:19am On Oct 31, 2019
It depends on the individual. First you have to be willing to learn the language. Secondly, do you Iike group classes or private sessions? I started learning French off and on since 2013 but finally focused on it properly last year and attained a B2 level here in Lagos. This year for my TEF I studied past questions from YouTube, attended the classes at Alliance and ALSO had a private teacher. I wrote every single day and ensured it was proofread. So if you’re a beginner your timeline could be 6-12 months. It may be faster for some people. If you're intermediary then maybe 3-6 months for TEF. Hope that was helpful.

Pwinkle1:
I have a quick question please, for those who did TEF what was the average learning to exam timeline? Assuming you have a full time job?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jimiaries: 1:21am On Oct 31, 2019
You never know. Pay a visit to the TEF thread and see if it’s something you might be interested in. Or better still, download Duolingo and try it for a week. smiley

okehsmiley:

For where, I dont think my brain can accommodate learning French.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by shygunXs(m): 1:39am On Oct 31, 2019
wazzybozz:
Please can u shed more light as regards how this can be done?.Thanks.

Scan your certificate.

Signup for hellofax . com, they will give you 10free fax or so. You can then upload and sent to wes Fax number.

Make sure you save the file with your name and wes reference number. That's pretty much what I did.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by shygunXs(m): 1:41am On Oct 31, 2019
okehsmiley:
475!! I give up. With my masters & spouse 2 or more certificate I am on 452 @ 33 yrs. Next year, I would lose 5 marks. I have maxed IELTS 9887. I am honestly disappointed

It's a piddy!!!

Try SINP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by canadaman18: 1:45am On Oct 31, 2019
Erigo23:
PLS ITA PREDICTION GURUS...

1) WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF BACK TO BACK ITA DRAW THIS NOVEMBER BEING THAT WE HAVE ONLY 4 DRAWS LEFT THIS YEAR GOING BY THE 2 WEEK INTERVAL DRAWS?

Judging from historical data , if there is b2b draw I predict week of dec 11 and week of dec 18th which will be last draws of 2019.

2) WHAT ARE THE CHANCES FOR A PERSON WITH CRS 469 WITH THE NEXT DRAW?

Next draw will likely be out of reach. Estimating next draw to be 471

3) WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF ITA FOR A CRS BETWEEN 450-459 THIS YEAR?

I dont see it going below 458 this year and even that is optimistic.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jay35: 1:51am On Oct 31, 2019
G4lady:
I work in an audit firm where our clients are mostly in the

Hope this helps!!!'
thank you so much. It means a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by jancollins: 4:40am On Oct 31, 2019
remaj:
Good evening everyone
Please how long does it take for your profile to be changed after getting a provincial nomination
A friend got a nomination last week from New Brunswick but CRS hasn't changed till now
Please need a reply
Thanks
You don't need to change your profile yourself, the moment you accept the provincial nomination on your EE profile you get additional 600points within 24hrs of acceptance.
You may need to ask your friend if he edited his profile by himself or not before knowing the next step to take.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by slydog(m): 4:51am On Oct 31, 2019
jancollins:

Check this...

COPIED! COPIED!!
So now my journey so far...
Sinp ITA:25th September 2019
Submitted: 15th October 2019
Nominated: 23rd October 2019
Fed ITA: 30th October 2019...
All I have to say is I didn't do anything special in my application, everything is just God..

Two Applications are never the same.
Yours will come if you already tried SASKs

You with Masters nd the Age will definitely give you guys additional points, you may try some YouTube channels to tutor yourself on Reading.
It works sometimes

Hi pls I want to reach out to the owner of this copied testimony to ask a question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Colafarm(m): 5:24am On Oct 31, 2019
Please friends i need info on how to make change on my degree program on WES. B.eng. was filled for me instead of B.Tec.. how can i make correct?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dare002: 5:38am On Oct 31, 2019
Fenix:
Hello everyone. I hope this is not a newbie question.

I did my masters in the US and had to submit a WES application for that. Can I still use the same evaluation report? It was a course by course evaluation.

I have tried to see if there is a separate application to get my credentials accredited for Canadian immigration purposes but I don't see the option.

You will need a document-by-document evaluation for EE.

Have WES US transfer your documents to WES Canada for document-by-document evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meelife: 6:10am On Oct 31, 2019
Thanks
abbey4christ:
Yes, a day or 2 days before, that's the closest i have seen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meelife: 6:12am On Oct 31, 2019
Thanks
Adeime:
I got mine a week before the date on my profile and the hard copy 4 days before
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by CanadianBae: 6:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Have you considered PNP?
okehsmiley:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:17am On Oct 31, 2019
if anyone should ask me how was my night right now?, i'd say it was full of different thoughts. Major congratulations to ITA clinchers yesterday, may the rest of the journey be smooth and for us in the 450's range, we cant loose hope at this point. personally am preparing to move my score to 459 by trying to max out ielts but with all these cutoff scores its natural to be weak sad angry about it but we cant stop doing what we had to do to improve our scores. if you are in my shoes don't be discouraged we will be alright.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meelife: 6:17am On Oct 31, 2019
If your schools hasn't sent your transcript yet you can give your school contact to add it in the envelope ,if sent you have to send by DHL or UPS or FedEx to avoid delay from unreliable courier companies.
wazzybozz:
Please who has an idea about how i can get ma BSc certificate to WES.....please its very urgent.Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ify2016: 6:18am On Oct 31, 2019
Do I need a transcript to apply for Federal skilled worker? Also , what is the cost of ECA if is needed for Federal skilled application. Treat as urgent. Thanks House
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 31, 2019
ify2016:
Do I need a transcript to apply for Federal skilled worker? Also , what is the cost of ECA if is needed for Federal skilled application. Treat as urgent. Thanks House
urgently visit page 1 and the website of the eca body you intend using . Its all there

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Fenix: 6:24am On Oct 31, 2019
Dare002:

You will need a document-by-document evaluation for EE.

Have WES US transfer your documents to WES Canada for document-by-document evaluation.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will call WES as soon as they open their contact center and talk to someone. I've sent an email in advance too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 6:25am On Oct 31, 2019
PNP is not favorable to everyone, no one at this moment will not consider PNP with the way the scores are on rocket mood, your NOC is the major thing. if its not in demand nothing you can do about it. I submitted EOI to sasks and PEI but not competitive because i dont have siblings/relative in both provinces. my NOC is not in demand by Ontario who peaks from the pool. in situations like this what are we suppose do? its exhausting i wont lie to you. may God help our hustle towards this canny dream.

CanadianBae:
Have you considered PNP?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by JuneFirst: 6:29am On Oct 31, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Congrats for your ITA. But na wah o. Much people aren’t not congratulating them or liking the comments of those that got ITA today. cheesy. E clear say men are not smiling. grin. Make una nor worry. There will soon be smile on this thread because ‘weeping may endure for the night, but joy cometh in the morning.’

It's understandable.
I have checked, so far I only see 2 persons announced ITA. Where will the excitement come from when the hope of many have been dashed in this particular draw? The scores are damn too high!

I can only encourage everyone hoping for an ITA within this year to keep hope alive. I have learnt in this life that there's nothing impossible with God, as long as you do your part the best you can.

In my own case, being close to 40 years, having a masters degree, maxing IELTS with only reading being deficient (7), and with original CRS before nomination at 435, there's no way I would have clinched a Federal ITA within the next one year given the current CRS trend, but you see, I kept hope alive and God came through for me.

What I'm trying to say is this, start early in this journey, try to max out IELTS, get a masters or 2 or more degrees, get minimum 3 years of work experience (if you have less than this please add your NYSC), leave the rest to God and stay positive. A little shift of change with one of the PNPs could just do the trick!

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 6:32am On Oct 31, 2019
Jimiaries:
It depends on the individual. First you have to be willing to learn the language. Secondly, do you Iike group classes or private sessions? I started learning French off and on since 2013 but finally focused on it properly last year and attained a B2 level here in Lagos. This year for my TEF I studied past questions from YouTube, attended the classes at Alliance and ALSO had a private teacher. I wrote every single day and ensured it was proofread. So if you’re a beginner your timeline could be 6-12 months. It may be faster for some people. If you're intermediary then maybe 3-6 months for TEF. Hope that was helpful.

Yes it was, thank you very much! So it’s not a quick fix to my CRS score then. undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 6:35am On Oct 31, 2019
Colafarm:
Please friends i need info on how to make change on my degree program on WES. B.eng. was filled for me instead of B.Tec.. how can i make correct?

You most likely have to email WES and they’d get it changed for you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by JuneFirst: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2019
remaj:
Good evening everyone
Please need a reply
Thanks

In your friend's EE profile?
He/she would receive an email from CIC after provincial nomination. Your friend is expected to login and "Accept" nomination from the nominating province. Once this is done, your friend's CRS will change to reflect an addition of 600.

If he/she is yet to receive an email in EE profile on nomination after a week then your friend needs to notify the nominating province about this development.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Queengrey: 6:58am On Oct 31, 2019
Hi everyone , my CRs is 475 . Joined the pool 2 days ago but I don’t think I got invited Cos I haven’t gotten a mail. What could be the problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2019
Tie break rule affected you......The date was August 29th. That means those that created their profile after August 29th and have a CRS of 475 will not get ITA. The good news is that the next draw will definitely favour you.

Queengrey:
Hi everyone , my CRs is 475 . Joined the pool 2 days ago but I don’t think I got invited Cos I haven’t gotten a mail. What could be the problem?

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by perfectgen(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2019
Please, has WAEC started responding to those backlog request for transcripts to be sent to WES?
Likewise is there any veritable referral that can assist in processing it here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ont2019: 7:26am On Oct 31, 2019
Thanks, you just gave me hope, prayer and fasting activated. I will come back and give my own testimony
jancollins:

Check this...

COPIED! COPIED!!
So now my journey so far...
Sinp ITA:25th September 2019
Submitted: 15th October 2019
Nominated: 23rd October 2019
Fed ITA: 30th October 2019...
All I have to say is I didn't do anything special in my application, everything is just God..

Two Applications are never the same.
Yours will come if you already tried SASKs

You with Masters nd the Age will definitely give you guys additional points, you may try some YouTube channels to tutor yourself on Reading.
It works sometimes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Queengrey: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2019
yemblaze:
Tie break rule affected you......The date was August 29th. That means those that created their profile after August 29th and have a CRS of 475 will not get ITA. The good news is that the next draw will definitely favour you.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.