Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament (29648 Views)

Border Closure: Local Rice Varieties Now Rule Markets / 'Border Closure Exposes Nigeria's Deficiency In Local Rice Production' / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Sunnycliff(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2019
Which way naija? No known economic principle works here.
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by naijadrivablog: 7:45am On Oct 16, 2019
carbon1224:
The stone is actually the problem with the Nigerian rice if it’s stone free then it’s okay

In case you live in a cave, local rice is now bagged and stone free

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Philinho(m): 7:45am On Oct 16, 2019
Local Rice price almost equivalent to foreign Rice.What an irony

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by tiredoflife(m): 7:46am On Oct 16, 2019
Skyfornia:
The border remain closed....Our forefathers ate local rice and lived healthy.

Lies
Our forefathers didnt eat rice
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by ArticleBeast: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2019
amaechi1:

Which stone? You believe this report?
Please keep quiet. If you have not eaten the local rice don't come here saying what you do not know. There are stones in it. I have eaten it, sold it and would prefer foreign rice over it. Everything is not 30k bmc money

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2019
SniperSmurf:

That's a major problem though.
And being soggy.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by LadySarah: 7:47am On Oct 16, 2019
amaechi1:

Which stone? You believe this report?

My husband bought local rice recently,the quantity of sand and stones no be here.We feared for our lives.this was at the topoo so what will no happen at the bottom gan gan.

We gavr it out immediately.

The Fedgovt should look in to destoning machines before we start suffering another thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by ArticleBeast: 7:47am On Oct 16, 2019
naijadrivablog:

In case you live in a cave, local rice is now bagged and stone free
After your lies, you will log out and continue with your failed blog business grin >: grin

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Skyfornia(m): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2019
tiredoflife:

Lies
Our forefathers didnt eat rice

Then who gave it the name osikapa?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by mildflame: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2019
No wonder the minister said there is nothing like hunger in Nigeria
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by fatymore(f): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2019
The first time I bought it, it was looking brownish, but the ones I have been buying since now, I like it..stone free..nice smell

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by bluefilm: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2019
Nonsense people.

They want Nigeria to have a solid economy and for their children to have good jobs.

But yet, they want to patronize local productions.

Fools. angry

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2019
I would rather stay sick
That's the mentality

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Eaglefine(f): 7:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Let them open border for other importation.
My friend that trades on shoes and bags from Cotonu is suffering since two months ago. There's no way to bring back her already bought goods. And her money is hanging for just no cause.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by solmusdesigns: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2019
grin

Nigerians must have sense by force., let them keep rejecting local rice

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Femijohn198: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2019
the local rice self cost
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by bluefilm: 7:51am On Oct 16, 2019
LadySarah:

My husband bought local rice recently,the quantity of sand and stones no be here.We feared for our lives.this was at the topoo so what will no happen at the bottom gan gan.

We gavr it out immediately.

The Fedgovt should look in to destoning machines before we start suffering another thing.

Wicked soul.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by tiredoflife(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2019
Skyfornia:

Then who gave it the name osikapa?

Oga our stable foods were never rice
Rice was introduced by the British into our menu
We had cassava as our stable food
Rice started coming into our food in the early 50s

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by mildflame: 7:51am On Oct 16, 2019
ArticleBeast:

Please keep quiet. If you have not eaten the local rice don't come here saying what you do not know. There are stones in it. I have eaten it, sold it and would prefer foreign rice over it. Everything is not 30k bmc money

Don't worry hungry Neva catch u yet
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Ategberoson(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2019
I don't even know if the foreign rice had been infiltrated with local rice as well

imagine buying foreign rice and it will take an hour before 2cups of rice will cooked

Buhari adviser need to have a rethink. we are tired of this poison called local rice
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Osobi32(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2019
If the local producers can give us quality and stone free rice then we are down with it..... I can't sweat to make money and still suffer to enjoy my money. Imagine eating with consciousness because u don't want bite stone!
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by DonBenny77(m): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2019
Aonkuuse:
And these people that are rejecting local rice are the ones that will be insulting government everyday for not establishing Industries for them as if, if government does that they will patronize it. Most of packaged rice here is free of stones I don't know where the complaint is from. All my life I've been eating local rice but I think I'm okay with that

Until you break your teeth trying to be patriotic.
Someone who has been eating foreign rice for over 3 decades should switch to local rice. It ain't that easy.
It's about choice here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by naijadrivablog: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2019
ArticleBeast:

After your lies, you will log out and continue with your failed blog business grin >: grin

Uncalled for. Go to local markets and see for yourself. But the local rice isn't cheap as expected.

BTW, blogging is our passion, not necessarily a business. Peace!
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by 9jaRealist: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2019
bluefilm:
Wicked soul.

grin grin grin
>
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by nauto16: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2019
Sellers Lament
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by 9jaRealist: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2019
>
Abegi, let’s get one thing clear that many comments on this matter seemingly fail to fully grasp...
THE ONLY THING THAT’S HAPPENED IS THAT SOME LAND BORDERS HAVE BEEN CLOSED. THERE ARE NO NEW IMPORT BANS!

What this means is that you can still import tomatoes, rice and everything you want to...
But instead of small traders importing these, it will now be the MONOPOLY of rent-seekers who can afford to ship these items!

>
Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Ferdinandu(m): 7:54am On Oct 16, 2019
The border must remain closed, if you want to eat foreign rice please relocate to Ghana. Ọ gịnị dị. Nigerians doesn't have an iota of patriotism in their blood. Everybody is bent on killing this economy yet Everybody is blaming the President as the sole cause of the problem. Buhari may not be doing well but I support him 100% on this

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2019
But i have been eating the local rice na. The one i got doesn't have stones. The grains are small and uneven, compared to foreign rice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by Sirseedorf(m): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2019
I'm eating local rice since 3days ago and it is stone free

Lets patronised what is ours, make we no dey badmouth the effort of our people to lift this country higher

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Nigerians Shun Local Rice, Sellers Lament by bluefilm: 7:55am On Oct 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Unfortunately, People like that plenty for dis Cuntiri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Isa Pantami: I Haven’t Bought A Single House Anywhere Since I Became Minister / I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih / Nigerians React To Buhari's Indefinite Medical Trip To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.