Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) (55656 Views)

Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos) / Residents And Traders Count Their Losses As 23 Road Festac Market Is Demolished / "Rumuokwurusi Residents Count Losses As Flood Wrecks Havoc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by Danchibez: 5:24am On Oct 17, 2019
that same location of fire incident has been allegedly revealed as a place Onitsha people place a charm to stop Obosi people not to cross their territory as they were having land dispute centuries ago which turn to a spirit taken life through all sort of accidents (especially inferno) in that area since d generation that make it has died off and d new generation ar not aware to observe d sacrifice that is due for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 17, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They are so lucky that this disaster happened during this administration, atleast Osinbanjo and Sadiya will give them Tradermoni loan of 10k to restock their stores.
Agwalam gi kwusi udi okwu Ina ekwu oge ufodi
Maka na odighi mma. I huru otutu mmadu oku gbagburu obi ewuteegi,.kama oburu ikwu okwu ka onye nzuzu uburu adighi n'isi!!
Mechie gi onu oburu na imaghi ihe iga ekwu.
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by xaggar(m): 5:26am On Oct 17, 2019
seraphvictoria:
Nigeria has a lot of re-strategizing to do.
Does it mean that at 59 Nigeria has no emergency measures to prevent this fire from escalating??

It's pitiful!
I weep for my county.

Yeye Nation!

By the way, you are pretty

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by MERCHANDISER: 5:28am On Oct 17, 2019
topcin:

Tomorrow, Willie Obiano will show up at #Onitsha fire scene in dark glasses, and started pointing here and there, take pictures, promise audio money to those that lost their business, we forget and go back to our default settings.

It happens again. Repeat.
Before I disliked his approach to governance, but with these
lame excuses coming from them, I am beginning to develop
hatred for them.
They are quite insensitive and humane.
Nna, egwu dikwa, these people are heartless.
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 5:29am On Oct 17, 2019
Mrquote:

You are making joke out of pp loss. I bet you are still in Ur parent house.
Bro this world is not easy and don't joke about pp loss
Might sound insensitive but what he said was pure facts.
You'll see how the idiot willie will go there tomorrow to fulfill all righteousness.
When i saw the fire burning in the gutters on the expressway, I said that this could have been quenched if fire service came in time. In fact, the fire could have been quenched in less than 10 mins. But it burned for over 6 hours
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by MERCHANDISER: 5:30am On Oct 17, 2019
seraphvictoria:
Nigeria has a lot of re-strategizing to do.
Does it mean that at 59 Nigeria has no emergency measures to prevent this fire from escalating??

It's pitiful!
I weep for my county.
This is Height of insensitivity from the state govt
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by EzekaUdenee: 5:30am On Oct 17, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
I'm wondering why people are lambasting NwaAmaikpe.

He's been insensitive on various issues which you all exalted him for.

Enjoy.
[/s]
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by Unrated900(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2019
stevnwigw1:
When they say a country is a zoo, some took it personal.

I understand your anger about this shit hole country been a zoo

I support it as well

But this fire die no rage Nigeria

It’s only raged onitsha market

W should blame their so called state governor

Who cannot even standardized ordinary fire fighter at where he makes millions collecting their tax

I will call Anambra a Zoo state

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 5:34am On Oct 17, 2019
Danchibez:
that same location of fire incident has been allegedly revealed as a place Onitsha people place a charm to stop Obosi people not to cross their territory as they were having land dispute centuries ago which turn to a spirit taken life through all sort of accidents (especially inferno) in that area since d generation that make it has died off and d new generation ar not aware to observe d sacrifice that is due for it.
Unu abiakwa. Stone age mentality in this modern era
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 5:35am On Oct 17, 2019
xaggar:

Yeye Nation!

By the way, you are pretty
Matters arising. This one dey pursue woman angry grin
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by MERCHANDISER: 5:36am On Oct 17, 2019
kikake:
In what others call country, the president of the country would have arrived Onitsha after the fire.
Impeachment process on Willie Obianor, the so-called governor of Anambra state shall start shortly after.

This fire and how fire fighters did not arrive the scene hours after the fire started look very suspicious, and require official inquiry.

This is a state affair not a country(buhari)

What has the state government been doing with his security votes running in billions that he can't get a functional second hand fire service facility.

Their governor has failed them if he can't protect lifes and properties of his people
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by chikason68(m): 5:37am On Oct 17, 2019
Young03:
Uwa di egwu bu aha mmadu

Eziokwu uwa n'eme ntughari

Some of these people been done dey plan how dey wan take go intimidate some guys for villa during Xmas but u see am

God help them
most senseless and useless comment of the year. you will experience such so that next time you will get to reason before commenting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by xaggar(m): 5:41am On Oct 17, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Matters arising. This one dey pursue woman angry grin

How e take affect u?
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by ashala(m): 5:52am On Oct 17, 2019
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=83204086] shocked

They are so lucky that this disaster happened during this administration, atleast Osinbanjo and Sadiya will give them Tradermoni loan of 10k to restock their stores.[/quote

If your brother, wife or child was involved, you definitely wouldn't be writing this.

There is a lot of wisdom in the saying - once another person's corpse is carried, it kooks like a log of wood.
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by ashala(m): 5:53am On Oct 17, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They are so lucky that this disaster happened during this administration, atleast Osinbanjo and Sadiya will give them Tradermoni loan of 10k to restock their stores.

Young man, this is no time for jokes. People actually lost loved ones and their goods and you are here spewing rubbish.
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by Kenswitch(m): 6:30am On Oct 17, 2019
cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by 9gerian: 6:31am On Oct 17, 2019
Big markets should be provided with a fire service around the corner. Store owners could pay a token monthly to support the government in keeping the fire facility in good condition round the clock.

Fire incident is their biggest risk so far.

ogorwyne:
It's rather unfortunate. A friend's brother lost both his shops to this unfortunate incident. The guy couldn't stop crying when he heard the bad news. Only God knows what would be going on in the minds of all those who lost their properties.

Based on the size of that market, and the wealth of that state, I used to think that there would be some sort of security against issues like this.
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by omerukokwuru(m): 6:34am On Oct 17, 2019
pardon my interjection, if this same incident had happened in Lagos would the outcome be the same as it was in Anambra? I think not, it seems the infrastructure levels are world apart. Anambra you can do better oh
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 17, 2019
rentAcock:
Sad. It's time to start over and rebuild.

Bros, it's not easy... Some have that business as the only source of income...
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by zealblinks(m): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's this one saying?
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by JB4life: 6:50am On Oct 17, 2019
Badonasty:

I fear anybody wey no fear fuel tanker
One of the long words that got my attention as a young boy in Secondary school is :HIGHLY INFLAMMABLE...usually written on the fuel tankers.
Men,those vehicles are TOO DANGEROUS and RISKY to be plying the roads,because their disasters tend to be second to none.
May God have mercy on us.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by nikz(f): 6:53am On Oct 17, 2019
It's really sad. May God comfort them
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by rentAcock(m): 6:56am On Oct 17, 2019
LongDay:

Start over? It's not that easy. Currently I'm depressed and suicidal after I went through exactly this.

Please stay strong, I know it's not easy, but suicide is never an option
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by otunbadan(m): 7:04am On Oct 17, 2019
Young03:
Uwa di egwu bu aha mmadu

Some of these people been done dey plan how dey wan take go intimidate some guys for villa during Xmas but u see am

God help them

And that’s all you could take from this calamity
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by Slammmmmmmm(m): 7:10am On Oct 17, 2019
This is saddening. I commiserate with the victims. Ever since I served in the state, I just feel the special love I've for Igbos the same way I love my ofe maanu people.

May God restore their losses in multiples

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by WarriAproko: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2019
Nwamaikpa the most quoted here... grin
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by chubinwa(m): 7:20am On Oct 17, 2019
Young03:
Uwa di egwu bu aha mmadu

God help them
What will it take you to commiserate with these people who have lost some virtues and pass. Some of these people in the village you are fighting for are the cause of there own problem. they sit back in the village drink, smoke and orchestrate some condemnable crimes.
May God help these unfortunate victims to regain their lost. Amen
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by chubinwa(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In time like this when people are sober over this unfortunate event, this is the only thing that proceeded out of your gutter. 10k,, you must be experiencing cognitive dissonance
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by jamesversion: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2019
ornicus:

Lagos is the only state in this nation with anything close to a modern fire department. Three years ago, we had a leak in the pressure system in our station at fadeyi. Pms was discharging into the gutters. A location full of crazy area boys. I was sure we were fkd. But Lasg fire service got there in a jiffy and discharged foam into the gutters. They shut it down. No incident escalation.

Let us hope other states will learn from this, though I doubt it.

Of course as always we also need to regulate the road worthless trucks Carrying pms, but that is another story.

Your highlighted comment is faulty. How did you arrive at that conclusion. Did you take a study of all Fire departments across the 36 states before concluding thus or u have guessed it as typical of Nigerians?

Please Rivers have a very efficient state owned fire service plus a legion of others from the various multinationals based there. You wouldn't know this cos you've never been to Port Harcourt.

@Topic, Igbo's, especially Anambrarians usually over exaggerate themselves. You see a comment like "how can this happen in Anambra of all places",and you just know that pompousity is the reason they don't have fire service. They are so full of themselves.
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2019
jamesversion:

Your highlighted comment is faulty. How did you arrive at that conclusion. Did you take a study of all Fire departments across the 36 states before concluding thus or u have guessed it as typical of Nigerians?

Please Rivers have a very efficient state owned fire service plus a legion of others from the various multinationals based there. You wouldn't know this cos you've never been to Port Harcourt.

@Topic, Igbo's, especially Anambrarians usually over exaggerate themselves. You see a comment like "how can this happen in Anambra of all places",and you just know that pompousity is the reason they don't have fire service. They are so full of themselves.

I spent years in the downstream industry. You will want to know the fire fighting capacity in states or locations where you have stations in case of emergencies
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by oyinda1599(f): 7:55am On Oct 17, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Is not really about your insensitive comment, your are always a thick morooon but the unfortunate humans liking your comment. Well packaged Oloriburukus.
Re: Aftermath Of Onitsha Fuel Tanker Fire, As Traders Count Losses (Photos) by jamesversion: 8:03am On Oct 17, 2019
ornicus:

I spent years in the downstream industry. You will want to know the fire fighting capacity in states or locations where you have stations in case of emergencies

And so you know the capacity of every single state in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

XAMMEL Solutionz / What Is Happening To My Decking? / Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.