Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege (19811 Views)

We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu / Jonathan Vatsa: Buhari’s Body Language Fuels Tension In South-East, South-West / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by femolii: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Igbo's has cause a lot's of damages to this country, they should support nnamdi KANU and continue with their hate speech.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by femolii: 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Rochas2023:

Yea because is there turn. After 8 years they too stand a chance to become president with either a yoruba or a south south south vp
Which turn ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by femolii: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2019
gidgiddy:
I dont know why some people have reduced the presidency to a do or die affair. What value will producing the president add to the life of the common Igbo man?

All the presidents Nigeria has produced since 1960, where is Nigeria today?

Your OSU's people are there struggling to survive,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by anigbajumo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
franchasng:
I will take Yoruba Muslims serious the day they start to sight the moon on their own without waiting for their superior masters from Hausa-Fulani to sight the moon for them.

Can a Yoruba Imam convert an Hausa-Fulani That will be a big taboo.

Since Yoruba Muslims have sworn to destroy the peace and unity in the South through their wickedness, unreasonable and heartless attitudes, we will help them achieve that feat faster than they wished wink

So many daft people on this forum, sighting of moon can be found by anybody.Islam is a religion done with ease,stop writing rubbish about Islam,hatred for islam might kill u one day.How many times av u seen Muslim insulting u guys here like the way u guys used to do??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2019
ProWalker:

Lmao!!

Funny enough. The dynamics of 2023 politics are still far away from what you posited up there

You mind telling me what is likely to change?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Edzy: 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
someone that is not relevant in the state politics, wants to use 2023 to be in the limelight. he was dumped as commissioner after 2 years into the administration. the votes pmb got in niger tells you the direction of nigerlite. inyamuri? never!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
kotv:

I always see you passing your hateful ideology as that of Nigerians and it's insulting to us all. You don't speak for the rest of us. Whatever hate you think others have for Igbos that's your delusions. If anything, Nigerians don't trust Yorubas politically, not Igbos. Your ignorant politics and greediness is the reason Nigeria is where it is at today. It was Yoruba people that packaged Buhari and forced him on all of us and his poor leadership is what we all are suffering today. The lack of trust people have is the one that forced hunger and poverty on us.

You talk a lot of garbage and are living in denial. The Yorubas are not trusted yet virtually all Northerners, including the hawkish and radical ones, are insisting it must be SW if not the North. Continue fooling yourself. The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves and Igbos, of all Nigerians, are best at lying to themselves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by ProWalker: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

You mind telling me what is likely to change?

People that play politics will tell you that a minute is long enough to change things in politics, they understand issues better armchair analyst like you grin

Truth is PDP will not pick the candidate from SE, that will ensure SE can’t lay any moral claim to the ticket in APC as they simply don’t have the numbers in the party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by awoluyi(m): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
I have no problem having South-Easterner as the President of Nigeria come 2023.
I just want know which of the two popular political parties will field a South- Easterner as it's presidential candidate in 2023?

The Igbos need a thorough rethink about their political permutations if they desire to produce the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
It's a legitimate right they are entitled to but their approach looks "somehow" to me.
I am expecting an intelligent response please.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
awoluyi:
I have no problem having South-Easterner as the President of Nigeria come 2023.
I just want know which of the two popular political parties will field a South- Easterner as it's presidential candidate in 2023?

The Igbos need a thorough rethink about their political permutations if they desire to produce the President of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
It's a legitimate right they are entitled to but their approach looks "somehow" to me.
I am expecting an intelligent response please.

It is always about their approach and this is what Igbos will never understand. The only way a bully can become a class captain is if other candidates are forced or intimidated to stand down. An Igbo candidate will be highly unpopular and an election sure banker loss for any Party unless both major Parties field Igbos and this simply won't happen so non will give its ticket to an Igbo. Simple logic that does not deserve discussion from now till 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by LabDNA: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
Igbos in APC must start asserting themselves and start gearing up to contest the presidential ticket in that party.

Ohaneze should stop fooling themselves start creating awareness. Buy up airtime on TV, radio, billboards and start selling the SE presidency project.

Before 2011, AIT, Raypower, guardian l, Silverbird drummed up support for SS. I remember travelling on ore and saw a billboard saying
'Sw done get presidency, North done get presidency, SS never get even though na dem dey lay eggs for Nigeria'
The campaign was everywhere. Ohaneze should go back and learn.
Call a meeting with all Eastern-owned and Eastern-friendly media outlets, engage them a start a compelling campaign. Forget the naysayers and just do it.

Vanguard, Arise TV, Authority, Sun news, AIT, daily independent, Silverbird etc, all have the ears of Nigerians.
Call these people together, engage them and start the compelling compelling campaign to ready the minds of the country for an Eastern presidency.

Leadership is not wearing Ishiagu and redcaps all over the place and claiming to represent a people, yet you can't proffer solutions to their problems.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Kennyswagz1(m): 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:

Mo ti gbo eyi saaju ogbeni
lady be proud of your flatron tribe for once

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by kotv: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2019
candidtalk:

You talk a lot of garbage and are living in denial. The Yorubas are not trusted yet virtually all Northerners, including the hawkish and radical ones, are insisting it must be SW if not the North. Continue fooling yourself. The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves and Igbos, of all Nigerians, are best at lying to themselves.
Sadly for you, I’m not igbo but what you described is perfect example of yourself. The worst lies are the ones one tell themselves. The North have shown they aren't in support of Yoruba ambition of presidency in 2023 and voiced it more than once. Apart from one or two that spoke in favor, most have mentioned they are seeking the position in 2023 and as it stands now Yoruba has no allies to support of your ambition. If we go by your Ignorant logic then that means Igbos equally have northern support considering we're in a topic of a northern speaking on their behalf.

The North have said it many times they'll seek the presidency again in 2023. The SE are against you people, SS is against you people and MB equally against you people so which group in Nigeria agrees with Yoruba politically. As far as the nation knows Nigeria is in the level it is at currently because of Yoruba poor political choice and your greediness. There's no chance of Yoruba becoming president in 2023. The only ones that think otherwise is Yoruba and the only ones that think you currently have allies is Yoruba. Good luck on lying to yourselves.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Priest111(m): 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
Tribalism/Zoning Keeps Tearing Nigerians Peace&Unity Apart...God Help Us All

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by dukeprince50: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
hatchy:
The North is exceptionally greedy with power.

What have they used this power that intoxicates them to better the lives of Nigerians and especially the Northern region....eehn!

Illiteracy ...na dem
Diseases....na dem
Religious fanaticism....na dem
Extreme poverty...na dem
Drug addicts.....na dem.

A sitting governor once said .....

When you see a Notherner with a cap, you have seen poverty.
It is only in the North you still find mud houses littered everywhere.

This same people like the stupid Junaid Mohammed, El Rufai etc. Deliberately and systematically deny and impoverished their own people so that there wont be any challenges or opposition to their grip on power.

Tufiakwa!
we have four billionaires in Nigeria, two northerners and two South west. The richest man in Africa is a northerner. Its not about which geo political zone rules.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
ProWalker:

People that play politics will tell you that a minute is long enough to change things in politics, they understand issues better armchair analyst like you grin

Truth is PDP will not pick the candidate from SE, that will ensure SE can’t lay any moral claim to the ticket in APC as they simply don’t have the numbers in the party.

I'm not discussing PDP, I'm discussing APC.

And the question is simple, which region will APC align with in 2023 should they deny Southwest the presidential ticket and go for another northerner?
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by ProWalker: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

I'm not discussing PDP, I'm discussing APC.

And the question is simple, which region will APC align with in 2023 should they deny Southwest the presidential ticket and go for another northerner?

You obviously don’t understand Nigeria politics
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by richie240: 11:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
candidtalk:

No. That saying is a fallacy in politics. An Igbo candidate will not beat a Northern, SW or SS candidate as things stands today. Nigerians dont like or trust Igbos politically enough to gamble on one today. This is the current mood of the nation Igbos brought upon themselves with their own actions.
initially I wanted to take u head on but was assuaged by d underlined.
You have stated d truth and nothing but d truth!
The igbos, by their actions, have created a lot of (unnecessary) foes for themselves. Even d ss they try to force themselves on view them with utmost suspicion.

Clever and pragmatic Igbos know this and this is why they have settled for playing spoiler to Yoruba ambition by running as VP to a Northern candidate. This may not even happen because Igbos talk too much and in a negative manner as well. By 2022, any PDP candidate, likely a Northerner, may be thinking it is safer to go with an SS VP to Court Nigerian votes.
Another fact, even though it transcends election reasons. From hindsight, esp events of d 1966 coup, drs dt latent fear amongst 'power brokers' dt having a se VP may be dangerous as ds is a step away from d presidency in case a (teleguided) 'mishap' (if u know u know....lolz) befalls d president.
Once again, the issue of trust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by richie240: 12:10am On Oct 20, 2019
Commentor:

The damage Nnamdi Kanu did to you cannot be estimated.

All you had to do was ride out 8 years whilst maintaining your more recent relationship with the rest of the country pre-2015.

For some strange reason, politicians and I'm hoping I'm wrong, your innate hatred for other tribes was quickly demonstrated as soon as Buhari came into power.

Even the ND that just had its son rejected at the polls moved on but not the SE.

I have never witnessed such self-flagellation in my life.

I'm curious to see how you would fix this.
KANU didn't really cause political damage to d se. I blv God used his emergence to let Nigerians know d true/real/latent 'bileful' nature of d average s/e'ner.

There's d saying dt "wine doesn't make u do what u detests; it only emboldens one to act out ones fantasies".

No matter how intoxicated u are, can u (commentor) commit bestiality with a fowl? You said no? Good, its because its not ur nature to do such!

Wherever u see someone caught in d act of bestiality blaming it on wine, know for a fact dt he's lieing; bestiality has always bn dt person's sidekick.

Kanu's nak.ed market-square dance is not d real issue but d mass approval his lunacy had from his kiths and kin. It showed KANU was speaking/acting their minds. KANU was just d 'poster boy'.
Its more of a collective damage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2019
kotv:

Sadly for you, I’m not igbo but what you described is perfect example of yourself. The worst lies are the ones one tell themselves. The North have shown they aren't in support of Yoruba ambition of presidency in 2023 and voiced it more than once. Apart from one or two that spoke in favor, most have mentioned they are seeking the position in 2023 and as it stands now Yoruba has no allies to support of your ambition. If we go by your Ignorant logic then that means Igbos equally have northern support considering we're in a topic of a northern speaking on their behalf.

The North have said it many times they'll seek the presidency again in 2023. The SE are against you people, SS is against you people and MB equally against you people so which group in Nigeria agrees with Yoruba politically. As far as the nation knows Nigeria is in the level it is at currently because of Yoruba poor political choice and your greediness. There's no chance of Yoruba becoming president in 2023. The
only ones that think otherwise is Yoruba and the only ones that think you currently have allies is Yoruba. Good luck on lying to yourselves.

As usual, full of emotion and lacking a grasp of reality. It is only SE that is opposed to Yoruba clannishly because Igbos are the ones hate for others has conquered mentally to the extent they don't know that politics should be about permanent interest.

Middle belt will support Igbos before Yoruba? You are a joker. SS will not vote an Igbo candidate overwhelmingly against a Yoruba. The North will give an Igbo candidate the same 5% the Igbos gave Buhari so keep fooling yourself.

Only North can prevent a SW Presidency in 2023 and I can predict the region will actually get in line to make a Yoruba President because pragmatic politician are in the majority in the North. They understand the concept of bridge-building and the ethos of never creating a toxic environment that is 'bad for business'.

The North will think it is okay to gain the Presidency and piss off the Yorubas? We are not nonentities like Igbos who have placed the pursuit of money above everything and burnt their bridges to the extent they are now a joke politically. Yorubas don't just talk and make noise like Igbos. We act. It was action that made a Yoruba President in 1999 after we refused to accept the cheating of Abiola and showed the North, with sustained rebellion, that we are not second class to anyone in Nigeria.

You will be very disappointed in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2019
richie240:

initially I wanted to take u head on but was assuaged by d underlined.
You have stated d truth and nothing but d truth!
The igbos, by their actions, have created a lot of (unnecessary) foes for themselves. Even d ss they try to force themselves on view them with utmost suspicion.

Another fact, even though it transcends election reasons. From hindsight, esp events of d 1966 coup, drs dt latent fear amongst 'power brokers' dt having a se VP may be dangerous as ds is a step away from d presidency in case a (teleguided) 'mishap' (if u know u know....lolz) befalls d president.
Once again, the issue of trust.

This is what some don't understand. SS are not fanatical and clannish like Igbos. In fact it is a credit to them that they moved on from the 2015 loss of GEJ while Igbos, till today, still carry the matter on their head hatefully to continue shouting "betrayers' against Yorubas while the Ijaws whose son lost have no such vendetta against anyone. This shows what Igbos are and why they will always lose out. They are driven primarily by hate for others while the rest of us can reason efficiently because we put our permanent interest first and don't view anyone as permanent friends or enemies.

Igbos will be shocked to see SS they are always greedily claiming vote healthily for a Yoruba candidate in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by chozzy: 10:43am On Oct 20, 2019
Aw
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by kotv: 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2019
candidtalk:

As usual, full of emotion and lacking a grasp of reality. It is only SE that is opposed to Yoruba clannishly because Igbos are the ones hate for others has conquered mentally to the extent they don't know that politics should be about permanent interest.

Middle belt will support Igbos before Yoruba? You are a joker. SS will not vote an Igbo candidate overwhelmingly against a Yoruba. The North will give an Igbo candidate the same 5% the Igbos gave Buhari so keep fooling yourself.

Only North can prevent a SW Presidency in 2023 and I can predict the region will actually get in line to make a Yoruba President because pragmatic politician are in the majority in the North. They understand the concept of bridge-building and the ethos of never creating a toxic environment that is 'bad for business'.

The North will think it is okay to gain the Presidency and piss off the Yorubas? We are not nonentities like Igbos who have placed the pursuit of money above everything and burnt their bridges to the extent they are now a joke politically. Yorubas don't just talk and make noise like Igbos. We act. It was action that made a Yoruba President in 1999 after we refused to accept the cheating of Abiola and showed the North, with sustained rebellion, that we are not second class to anyone in Nigeria.

You will be very disappointed in 2023.

Just reading the comment SS will not vote an igbo candidate overwhelming over a Yoruba candidate shows to me the level of out of reality you are. I’m from SS and live in SS so I can know exactly where you people stand currently in SS. MB will vote for Yoruba?what makes you think they’ll support Yoruba when Yoruba were the only southern group that supported Buhari when he kept ignoring and dismissing Fulani attacks towards them. You said it perfectly: the worst lies are the ones one tell himself. grin. Goodbye and Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by oyatz(m): 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
These aren't yours to decide also.

Awol1:

Except that it's not yours to decide.

I will keep sounding it to your subconsciousness, since you have sold your conscience for 30k monthly stipend, that the blood of all those massacred in Benue will continue to hunt u.

In the end, I pray power remains in the north, in fact let Elrufai have it so that the Fulani herdsmen will be emboldened to massacre your entire lineage.

Shalom, my dear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Keep Your Congratulations To Yourself" - Edo PDP Hammers Ize-Iyamu / FG Orders Total Closure Of Land Borders For Elections / Adamu Muazu Denies Dumping PDP, Wishes Propagandists Goodluck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.