Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria (50809 Views)

Nigerian Man Shares Touching Story Of His Journey And Hustle In The UAE. / Is Kuwait A Good Country To Hustle / Pls Which Country Can I Travel To With ₦1.5 Million To Hustle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by iamawara(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2019
IamCharles123:

Please lemme here word, i cannot carry myself from south to the north, afterall i served in the north, nothing spectacular there.

Nobody is telling u to go
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by BeautifulMind2: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2019
onlyforchrist:

which Umuahia? you guys just spitting shit, I served in Abia and I spent at least a year in both umuahia and Aba. if you want to remain useless go back there and stay.
You are ignorantly ranting, Abia is among the 7th states that control 90% cash transactions in Nigeria

Read below

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Ovoko30: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2019
FactBoyz:
()
The average Nigerian youth is conscious about hustling to make it big in the country.

With poverty rate in Nigeria increasing; ideas and innovation are abounding as people seek to solve daily problems and challenges in exchange for cash.

The business market in Nigeria is actually attractive; however inconsistent power supply has been the major challenge; with most companies running with standby generators which use expensive fuel.

However, with many Nigerians wanting to start a business with aim of making massive profits; below, is a list of best Nigerian states to hustle and make it big.

1. Lagos:

The former capital of Nigeria is no doubt coming as the number 1; this is because it is the economic nerve and epicenter of Nigeria.

The opportunities in Lagos are diverse with their tentacles spread across entertainment, information and communication technology, trade, commerce, the academia, and even the religious.

Lagos is the place where you can come in as a poor, unemployed man and still be able to make millions after some years; if you really work hard in Lagos, the chances to make it big are high.

However, for one to really hustle in Lagos, noticed that one has to be very smart and proactive with the reserved ability to solve problems and get paid for services rendered.

Lagos is not a place for a quiet, reserved hustler. You must show you have the vibe and the spirit to work really hard.

2. Kano:

The northern city of Kano prides itself as the economic hub of northern Nigeria.

Every northern city links up to Kano with regards to trade and commerce.With impressive infrastructure and roads, the city is filled with business opportunities to be tapped into.

The population of Kano alone creates an impressive labour market and target market for startups and growing brands or businesses.

3. Anambra:

Anambra is undoubtedly the most visited city in the south eastern part of the country with regards to trade and commerce.

The distinct difference Anambra has with almost all the states mentioned here is that up to 65-70% of goods imported into Nigeria end up in Anambra state.

The cities of Nnewi and Onitsha are the major cities where trade is carried out.

If you visit Anambra there is this tense atmosphere you will experience that speaks a lot about the hustling nature of most Anambra residents.

4. Rivers:Rivers is a state that can be likened to Lagos in a various number of ways; firstly it is the economic epicenter of far south part of the country.

Secondly, it is the most populous state in the South Eastern and South Southern part of the country.
Finally, the job opportunities are as numerous as it is in Lagos.

The population and location of Rivers state gives it an edge over all other Southern state with the exception of Lagos.Rivers with Port Harcourt as the capital is a developed state; at least going by Nigerian standards with many companies of international origin and indigenous origins sited there.

You must have a resilient, stubborn spirit with regards to approach to business to thrive there.

5. Delta:

Delta state is a state blessed with crude oil and it doesn’t come as a surprise in this list; Delta state is home to cities such as Warri and Asaba.Asaba is the capital of the city with a very close proximity range to the River Niger bridge which links Onitsha Anambra state and Asaba Delta state.

This linkup alone creates a very attractive business atmosphere as goods that make their way to Onitsha end up in Asaba.Warri itself a different city in the state is home to various oil companies and large firms.

6. Oyo:

Historically, Oyo state has been a major point for trading point in the South Western part of Nigeria. That characteristic character has remained intact over the years.

The capital, Ibadan is loaded with several business opportunities and the target market for business is highly attractive.

It’s relative close proximity to Lagos also plays a role.

7. Abia:

Abia state is home to the commercial city Aba.

With regards to business in South Eastern part of Nigeria, Aba and Onitsha are the two major cities with the best business opportunities with a very attractive target market.

Abia state deals majorly in production and manufacturing with interests in shoe productions, textile making, soap production, palm oil production; etc.

8. Kaduna:Kaduna state is a state with diverse opportunities especially with focus on the commercial city of Zaria.

Zaria city has been a major city even dating back to the 16th century.Zaria city services a good number of states in the Northern part of Nigeria.

9. Plateau:

Plateau state with capital as Jos; is second to none when it comes to business opportunity in the North Central part of Nigeria.Food in the city of Jos is relatively cheap; hence Igbo traders from Onitsha do make it a point of duty to import foodstuff from this city.

Jos plays the same role with Benue state citing foodstuff.

10. Ogun:

Ogun state is home to most industries in Nigeria.Ogun state is very close to Lagos the commercial city of the country; hence its inclusion is timely.Industries that deal on beverages, soap making and plastics are located in Ogun state.

The best private university in Nigeria; Covenant University is also located in Ogun state. Land in Ogun state is relatively cheap compared to Lagos, hence investors opt to buy land in Ogun state for production and later transport to Lagos for sale.

This doesn’t remove the fact that it’s a good state to work hard and make it.

List from Factboyz
https:///2019/10/top-10-best-states-in-nigeria-to-hustle-in.html

I am from delta. Please take away delta from that list. There is absolutely nothing to come and hustle for in delta. Delta is 0.00% place to hustle. Its a fact

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Powersurge: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2019
Jordan97:
Top Notch list but Factboyz what is Plateau doing on that list?

I am sure the guy has not been to Plateau before. Even the capital Jos does not have street light. And you are sure of one major violence at least once a year. We can't even talk of Shendam, Magu etc. hustle ko. tustle ni.

The nigga even put Delta. If we are rating corrupt states in Nigeria, Delta will take the lead. No tangible infrastructure there. no thanks to thisves in that state. Ogun has slipped down the ladder since the change of government.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Kennyswagz1(m): 8:25am On Oct 20, 2019
nwadiuko1:
you can only understand why "my people" are there if you are business inclined....... my people take advantage of business opportunities anywhere around the world and then take the money to the bank....... from the way you talk i bet you've probably never crossed the Niger.
Lol business opportunity by coming to push wheelbarrow gringringrin .. i have been to onishta severely and enugu once for a marriage ceremony.. so I always laugh when you guys come here to chestbeat...
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Kennyswagz1(m): 8:27am On Oct 20, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Awka is far better than Ekiti as a state, Awka host more industries, markets, hotels, shopping centers, entries, estates, above all modern structures than Ekiti as a state this is fact.
if we ask you to bring facts now, you will start talking nonsense
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Kennyswagz1(m): 8:30am On Oct 20, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Awka is more viable in business activities and morden structures than Ekiti and Osun, not to talk of Nnewi the industries and commercial city.
oat shutup your mouth.. if you have all this, how come your people come here to push wheelbarrow, hawk garden egg, hawk boxers and even commit crimeDgringrin I hope you saw that fake igbo woman begger caught in ekeiti state
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Kennyswagz1(m): 8:32am On Oct 20, 2019
BrightJay:

I think you certainly have not been to Anambra.
Obosi is head to head with Onitsha in terms of development index.
Nnewi has more factory and industries than other cities in Anambra. Nnewi is rated as one of the most industrialised cities in West Africa.

Anambra is second to the most urbanised State in Nigeria, second to Lagos.
The reason for the above is the urbanisation pattern of Anambra, where on city feeds the others quickly.
In Onitsha axis, Obosi, Nkpor, Nkwelle, Ogidi, Ogbunike etc are very much lively and full with economics activities.

I can go on with multiple real life scenarios but it certainly is of not much use responding to an ignorant trolls that hardly travel beyond their villages.
The fact that you mentioned that Anambra is all about shoes and cloths says all about you.
I said onistha..
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by BeautifulMind2: 8:34am On Oct 20, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
if we ask you to bring facts now, you will start talking nonsense
Awka I know is far developed than Ekiti state, prove me wrong by showing pictures of industries and general developments in Ekiti, let's compare not your childish rant

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 20, 2019
Okay.
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
Lol business opportunity by coming to push wheelbarrow gringringrin .. i have been to onishta severely and enugu once for a marriage ceremony.. so I always laugh when you guys come here to chestbeat...
i don't have time for online rants brother.... it is what it is, tribalism has never given anyone a pay cheque.....

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Slawormir:
As a real niggarrr
We can hustle anywhere

The tools and format never fails

The huzzle kingdom (HK) can be positioned anywhere!

If you are a niggarrr and you understand my statement then you must be a real niggarrr

O G
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2019
nwadiuko1:
i don't have time for online rants brother.... it is what it is, tribalism has never given anyone a pay cheque.....
Lol.. don't take it personal bro.. just trolling wink
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by nwadiuko1(m): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
Lol.. don't take it personal bro.. just trolling wink
nothing personal just tired of the irredemable nature of Nigeria, and then the youths that are supposed to look for ways of getting it back from the kleptomaniacs are indulging in tribal dickk measurement.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2019
WarriAproko:
Remove delta cuss Na keke full here
lwkm cheesy
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by honcdm01(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2019
Lagos is the bomb if you can endure traffic issues..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Zinny25(f): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abia kwa?
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Kennyswagz1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Zinny25:
Abia kwa?
beacuse of aba.. he means in terms of trade and commerce, you can hustle in aba
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Sniper101(m): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
Slawormir:
As a real niggarrr
We can hustle anywhere

The tools and format never fails

The huzzle kingdom (HK) can be positioned anywhere!

If you are a niggarrr and you understand my statement then you must be a real niggarrr

Baba, how far
I need some tools
How e dey b
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Sniper101(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
LadySarah:
Rivers should be last.
No new jobs,no advertised vacancies,no business growth,no IT growth.Only old workers everywhere.

Pls dont quote me with offshore workers that is even been laid off.
Militants,oil bunkering,pipeline vandalism,Prostitution ,insecurity rising.

If things are actually as you've said they are with Rivers State, I just wonder why the influx of foreigners... {especially people from Ebonyi and the East} ...keeps skyrocketing, annually.
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Elamin21(m): 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
WarriAproko:
Remove delta cuss Na keke full here
yawoo yawoo naim be the real hustle here o.... no jobs, no thing no thing.
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Cutezt(m): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
iamawara:

OP have already said it all, he mentioned Kaduna and Kano, jos is a no no no. Kano and Kaduna are good to go, u can try any state in the North West, although not all are as industrious as Kano and Kaduna, there is no business that doesn't prosper in the North West none.

No na bros, the fact that Jos does not have a very high level of industries and hustling lifestyle does not mean you will put it above many northern states, not to even talk of the north west, haba, only Kano, Kaduna, and maybe the passage of goods in Borno can be compared or is more "hustle minded" than Jos, because you are not into food business, you will not see it, but go and ask food dealers in benue and Jos, and they will tell you how they are making it big time, the hustling is just focused on one industry, that's all,.
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by iamawara(m): 2:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Cutezt:

No na bros, the fact that Jos does not have a very high level of industries and hustling lifestyle does not mean you will put it above many northern states, not to even talk of the north west, haba, only Kano, Kaduna, and maybe the passage of goods in Borno can be compared or is more "hustle minded" than Jos, because you are not into food business, you will not see it, but go and ask food dealers in benue and Jos, and they will tell you how they are making it big time, the hustling is just focused on one industry, that's all,.

They are making it big in His, but are they safe? The religious and ethnicity in Jos? The babaric killings? Tribal and communal clashes? Bro Jos is a NO NO for Easterners. Even the northerners are scared of that zone
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrHistorian:
I personally feel that the original writer (OP) chooses to make the list compensatory for less developed regions of Nigeria.

I honestly see no reason why Plateau and Kaduna feature over Imo state.

Imo is nowhere near Kaduna please. After Kano in the north, Kaduna comes 2nd. Many industries are in Kaduna.
Jos before the crisis was also blossoming and ahead of Imo, but now I don't think so.

However, Jos & Kaduna are very large cities with over 2 million people each. This creates a large urban market that is good for hussling. Owerri is a smaller city compared to those 2.
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
midnighter:

Insurgency has ruined Those places but they had strong points in the past

I have never heard of Imo being known for hustling, to my knowledge most of the people there work in government or in public institutions

Insurgency has ruined Jos & Kaduna? Do you know what you are saying?
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
Cutezt:
Op don't try this thing o, I am a proper Berom man from jos north local government and I can tell you for free that Plateau should be amongst the last 10 states to hustle in Nigeria, well, except you want to go into food market, or cultisim, or building new clubs and trending bars for parties and alcohol, else, nothing dey o

Before the crisis, Jos was partly a hussling place.
However, it is still considered so because of the large urban area of Jos.
Jos is among the top 10 largest urban centers in Nigeria and this is what gives it it's edge. Large urban areas are always a place to hussle if you are innovative.
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

Awka is far better than Ekiti as a state, Awka host more industries, markets, hotels, shopping centers, entries, estates, above all modern structures than Ekiti as a state this is fact.
Awka in Anambra state or elsewhere? Have you been to ado Ekiti before? Maybe you're referring to Onitsha..then I'd have agreed with you.
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Legendguru: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
No
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by RxTreasure: 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
IamR:

I wonder o!

Where is my Enugu?
don't even mention Enugu...Enugu state is where you can settle aND enjoy life after hustling in other states
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
LZAA:

Ignore these clowns
Everyday igbo this igbo that
Oya allow them go u will start to see silly threads like why do igbos go home for xmas
Metaphysical knows grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku

You are not going anywhere!

Ooni says Yoruba and Ibo inseparable. grin grin
Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You are not going anywhere!

Ooni says Yoruba and Ibo inseparable. grin grin
So t9ksy can finally stop complaining about Igbo domination in Lagos grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed adaibeku metaphysical helinues bambambiglo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Best States To Hustle In Nigeria by Bambambiglo: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
immhotep:

So t9ksy can finally stop complaining about Igbo domination in Lagos grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed adaibeku metaphysical helinues bambambiglo

This Gaylord no go allow person rest. Please my nyash is not available. Check the next person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Ways Uber And Taxify Are Cheating Nigerians / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures) / FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.