Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,593 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage (44078 Views)

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by healthserve(m): 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
I got married as a young virgin...probably didnt understand what love was all about then....I've never really felt love or being loved in my marriage..coupled with some other marriage issues..I wear the shoes and I know where it hurts...all I need is advices on how to build my love life and not yabs pls...it's very hurtful cry

Post this same message on Quora. You'll get great counsel there.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sirvingeo:

Most virgin I know enjoy their marriage .
oh well,it's not just abt sex....is marriage all ABT sex? Plssssss

4 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Mryacks: 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
sadly...there is no way to build love where there isnt any foundation for love to grow... the foundation is messed up from the get go. dont believe the hype that people say that you can love someone irrespective of what you guys share/feel for one another, thats a damn LIE!

you should learn to respect this person, learn to stay positive about your not so great position, and do whats right with the choices you've made... but the reality is that love would NEVER cherish from such union.

"Foundation" key word for me. People always take that for granted. It's good to try as much as possible to build love on a true solid foundation first..

5 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by frozen70g(f): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
I got married as a young virgin...probably didnt understand what love was all about then....I've never really felt love or being loved in my marriage..coupled with some other marriage issues..I wear the shoes and I know where it hurts...all I need is advices on how to build my love life and not yabs pls...it's very hurtful cry

You have not even explain what you want us to advise you on

2 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by DaudaAbu(m): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
''A lot of people think that there is someone out there that is the right life partner, the person who is made for them. Always chasing after an impossible dream because the ''right partner'' simply does not exist. There are potential partners who are better than others certainly, but the trouble is that if you are convinced there is a perfect partner you are not going to be looking for a good partner.

The result is either that you never settle down with anyone or youin a permanent state of discontent with the person you do pick. Instead of working with a good partner to make a good life together, you reject what you have because you haven't got the perfect partner.

The perfect partner of course comes with a ready-made perfect life which requires no work from you at all''

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Almaigaa: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
merit1988:

This retired Olosho, stop whoring all over Nairaland, opening threads everyday, telling us how boring your marriage is. Do you think marriage is all bed of roses? Your phone numbers are all over dating section. But you are here claiming that your marriage lacks love. Which man will give love and attention to a wife that behaves the way you do?

Go home and love your husband alone. We are tired of seeing your threads.

9 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by chigoizie7(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2019
J111333:
This is exactly why I can not marry a virgin or anyone under 25.

Marriage is a serious business so it requires trainings from father, brothers, male cousins, boyfriends, classmates, male co-workers etc. If a lady hasn't gotten to these stages, then she shouldn't be ready and available for marriage.

Marriage without love is as good as cohabitation, no marriage counsellor or pastor can change that.

You guys should sit down and have a long conversation and your decision should based on that, not on advice from nairaland.

Brother please add experiences too. I mean women that have dated more than two or three men.

So that when I come into her life, she would always appreciate what she has
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2019
Almaigaa:

This retired Olosho, stop whoring all over Nairaland, opening threads everyday, telling us how boring your marriage is. Do you think marriage is all bed of roses? Your phone numbers are all over dating section. But you are here claiming that your marriage lacks love. Which man will give love and attention to a wife that behaves the way you do?

Go home and love your husband alone. We are tired of seeing your threads.
thanks so much for ur insults.... I'm very grateful sir

5 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by klenton(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
merit1988:

nice response dear, pls dont mind the idiot, some people's foundation are faulty from birth and since everybody can chat they vent thier frustrations all over the social media, some times its not thier fault as one cant give what he doesnt have.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
klenton:

nice response dear, pls dont mind the idiot, some people's foundation are faulty from birth and since everybody can chat they vent thier frustrations all over the social media, some times its not thier fault as one cant give what he doesnt have.
infact,I was weak to my bones when I read it. Unfortunately,they won't understand my plight,no matter it insults....it is well
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Atlanticfire: 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
merit1988:
infact,I was weak to my bones when I read it. Unfortunately,they won't understand my plight,no matter it insults....it is well

You have opened multiple threads on this subject. It is somehow worrying.

Just note that there is no perfect marriage and there is no perfect partner. Everyone just tries to make the best out of their marriage.

You might think that you lack love in your marriage but the problem might be actually different. Are you sure that you are not depressed? Depression can make one feel unloved.

It might also mean that you are lonely, if you are lonely then get something challenging to do. You can take online courses or start a new business or learn a new skill, anything that will challenge you.

The idea is that you should try to find out what exactly is the problem. Speak to your husband about how you feel and both of you should try and figure out what the issue is. You will find it easier to solve the problem once you have been able to figure out what the real issue is.

The last piece of advice I will give to you is that you should not try to find solace outside your home or with friends or in alcohol, just calmly try to figure out the problem and resolve it

3 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
You didn't give details on what your husband is doing wrongly.
Is he ignoring you or what?
People would be able to give better advice when you do. You only said you are not enjoying your marriage. That's not enough information.
You sound like you married a much older person. Am I right?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2019
Atlanticfire:

You have opened multiple threads on this subject. It is somehow worrying.

Just note that there is no perfect marriage and there is no perfect partner. Everyone just tries to make the best out of their marriage.

You might think that you lack love in your marriage but the problem might be actually different. Are you sure that you are not depressed? Depression can make one feel unloved.

It might also mean that you are lonely, if you are lonely then get something challenging to do. You can take online courses or start a new business or learn a new skill, anything that will challenge you.

The idea is that you should try to find out what exactly is the problem. Speak to your husband about how you feel and both of you should try and figure out what the issue is. You will find it easier to solve the problem once you have been able to figure out what the real issue is.

The last piece of advice I will give to you is that you should not try to find solace outside your home or with friends or in alcohol, just calmly try to figure out the problem and resolve it
thanks so much for this....I actually opened multiple thread on this to see if I'll be able to find reasonable advises like urs from any of those thread...once again, thanks so much....I'm grateful... I'll work on myself and my marriage as advised

1 Like

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Kobicove(m): 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2019
farady:
So OP, how did you meet him? What attracted you to him? What made you fall in love with him? If you can answer these questions then you closer to your answer.

She probably married him cos her family pushed her into in since the guy had money undecided

3 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
merit1988:

You did not get enough practice before settling down with this dick.

I'm also sure your husband is also tired of your toto already.

Your best bet now is to get a boyfriend who will be servicing you cos I'm sure it's been over 6 months since your husband touched you last
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Almaigaa: 3:48am On Oct 22, 2019
merit1988:

No one insults you. But the truth will always hurt.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 9:41am On Oct 22, 2019
Almaigaa:

No one insults you. But the truth will always hurt.
I'll learn to love my husband sir....thank you for your sarcasm....but why are you following me around my threads and exhibiting foolishness up and down? I know why alreadygrin...u can continue sir...lol
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by GrossPrice: 11:23am On Oct 22, 2019
chigoizie7:

Brother please add experiences too. I mean women that have dated more than two or three men.

J111333:
This is exactly why I can not marry a virgin or anyone under 25.

You both suffer from low self-esteem and are seemingly unambitious.

You are like the married man, who still prefers promiscuous women and the likes when you have a wife at home.

Tell me what is the difference between a car with 0 miles on it, and another with 18K miles on it?
What is the difference between an American used dell laptop and a brand new dell laptop.

You probably live in a used house, drive a used car, own a used phone, and often procure used spare parts for repairs and maintenance.

Now you also want to add a used wife to your lot.

If you value the wisdom in the bible; See Proverbs 2 v.16-22

Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
who has left the partner of her youth
and ignored the covenant she made before God.[a]
Surely her house leads down to death
and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
None who go to her return
or attain the paths of life.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 22, 2019
GrossPrice:

You are like the married man, who still prefers promiscuous women and the likes when you have a wife at home.

Tell me what is the difference between a car with 0 miles on it, and another with 18K miles on it?
What is the difference between an American used dell laptop and a brand new dell laptop.

You probably live in a used house, drive a used car, own a used phone, and often procure used spare parts for repairs and maintenance.

It isn't a matter of low self esteem Mr.
Humans tends to value the good if they have experienced the bad.
Only few are able to value the good initially.
If a lady that have been in a bad relationship before and happens to get a good one will definitely value it.
Same logic applies to a guy.I F you haven't been in a relationship where all she thinks about is herself,you wont value the one who takes you as a priority.

They aren' t far fetched from the truth and it isn't an issue of low self esteem.Most wont value a good person if they haven't been with the bad one's .Even same applies to a man to.
We humans tend to adopt and correct our mistakes from our past failed relationship.Truth is most Ex made you a better person for your spouse.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by generationz(f): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2019
GrossPrice:

Why are you comparing women to tokunbo cars na? angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by em19em6: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
good
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by em19em6: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
Yes <?echo rand(1000,9999)?>
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by em19em6: 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Yes 9855
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by otherway: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
merit1988:

Was this not what a thread I just read was trying to address? Go and read that thread by toks2008.

Women are suppose to reason beyond the feeling of love when it comes to marriage and family.

If the man is responsible enough to be a husband and a dad just learn to respect him and with time, you will be alright.
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
otherway:

Was this not what a thread I just read was trying to address? Go and read that thread by toks2008.

Women are suppose to reason beyond the feeling of love when it comes to marriage and family.

If the man is responsible enough to be a husband and a dad just learn to respect him and with time, you will be alright.
thanks a lot
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Toks2008(m): 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
merit1988:
thanks a lot

I just saw my mention and I did a quick reading .

So how has it been of late? In marriage it is about your determination to stay in it and not really about feelings.

Don't worry, a time will come when you will love him So much. Do you have kids yet?

4 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
Toks2008:

I just saw my mention and I did a quick reading .

So how has it been of late? In marriage it is about your determination to stay in it and not really about feelings.

Don't worry, a time will come when you will love him So much. Do you have kids yet?
yes I hv kids... thanks so much
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Toks2008(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
merit1988:
yes I hv kids... thanks so much

Please for the sake of your kids just remain in your marriage as long as he is not abusing you physically.
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
All these PMs I'm getting sef lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Toks2008:

Please for the sake of your kids just remain in your marriage as long as he is not abusing you physically.

- dont you think that the kids will be negatively affected if/when they see daddy and mummy insult and disrespect one another (in so many ways)?
- dont you think that it is wrong to raise children in such manner?
- dont you think that its wrong for children to believe that its ok for parents to have no respect for one another?
- dont you think thats its wrong to stay in these miserable unions?
- how can any bitter/miserable person in such union be a good parent?
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Clean your house and look after your children. Is he financially capable? Spend some money and respect your husband. If you wanted love then you would've waited but... Best wishes
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Toks2008(m): 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

- dont you think that the kids will be negatively affected if/when they see daddy and mummy insult and disrespect one another (in so many ways)?
- dont you think that it is wrong to raise children in such manner?
- dont you think that its wrong for children to believe that its ok for parents to have no respect for one another?
- dont you think thats its wrong to stay in these miserable unions?
- how can any bitter/miserable person in such union be a good parent?

Why should they disrespect or fight each other? Only stupid parents do that.

If there is any form of misunderstanding it is best settled without the kids involvement or notice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married / Ugandan Couple Die After Wall Collapsed On Them While Sleeping (Disturbing Pics) / Muslim Woman Supports Man's Orgasm Over Female Orgasm - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.