Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? (2628 Views)

Why A Woman Should Not Wait Too Long To Marry Or Settle Down? / Can You Marry Or Date A Person Who Eats Snakes? / It Is My Own And I Will Choose Who Will Eat It; Lady Talks About Her Asset. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by emtok(m): 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
For sometime now there has been argument on choosing a life partner as a Christian. Many Christian brothers are looking for divine confirmation of who to marry while some are just following their heart to make the choice.

Speaking with a married Christian brother, who had waited for years before making his choice, here is what he has to say:

https://www.objectivegist.com.ng/2019/10/is-it-me-or-god-that-will-choose-who.html?m=1
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by OkongwuTochukwu: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Choose who you love. That is because god is the one who chooses the target of your love for you.

3 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
God ofcourse., so that when your lifepartner/wife misbehaves, you have to channels your blame to God but when you follow your heart, if anything happens, you'll not have someone to blame but yourself. that is why most marriages don't last because they choose as directed by their flesh.

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Lamanii22(f): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
I am a Christian.. But I find it hard to believe God would choose a spouse for someone...

There's an uncle of mine who believes God would choose a spouse for someone... God has led him to like 4 different ladies... Not four at once oo.. It's one by one.. But they all turned him down.. Since then I stopped believing God would choose a spouse for me...

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by emtok(m): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
God ofcourse., so that when your lifepartner/wife misbehaves, you have to channels your blame to God but when you follow your heart, if anything happens, you'll not have someone to blame but yourself. that is why most marriages don't last because they choose as directed by their flesh.
Lols...is it so that we can blame God we should allow him choose?
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by emtok(m): 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lamanii22:
I am a Christian.. But I find it hard to believe God would choose a spouse for someone...

There's an uncle of mine who believes God would choose a spouse for someone... God has led him to like 4 different ladies... Not four at once oo.. It's one by one.. But they all turned him down.. Since then I stopped believing God would choose a spouse for me...
�.. this one is deep!

2 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by BULLIONVAN4(m): 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
emtok:

Lols...is it so that we can blame God we should allow him choose?
when God choose for you, you have nothing to worry about., my immediate elder brother got married to a wrong woman, who almost destroyed our family. and my mother being a prayerwarrior, went to God in prayer( while she was praying) the lord to her that my brother did not consult him(God) when he was about making the ones-in-a-lifetime decision meanwhile my dad told us how a wrong woman almost destroyed his life in lagos, he went to God in prayer(while he was praying) he had a clear voice ordering him to go and get a wife from his home town that he(God) has prepared a wife for him., he quickly boarded the next available transport, on getting to his compound, he saw my mum standing before his compound(mind you that they have never met each other for the first time in their life) and my dad was like "who are you, young lady?" he said that the reply my mum gave to him was "wh.......to be continued.

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by emtok(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
when God choose for you, you have nothing to worry about., my immediate elder brother got married to a wrong woman, who almost destroyed our family. and my mother being a prayerwarrior, went to God in prayer( while she was praying) the lord to her that my brother did not consult him(God) when he was about making the ones-in-a-lifetime decision meanwhile my dad told us how a wrong woman almost destroyed his life in lagos, he went to God in prayer(while he was praying) he had a clear voice ordering him to go and get a wife from his home town that he(God) has prepared a wife for him., he quickly boarded the next available transport, on getting to his compound, he saw my mum standing before his compound(mind you that they have never met each other for the first time in their life) and my dad was like "who are you, young lady?" he said that the reply my mum gave to him was "wh.......to be continued.
Lols... Interesting story. Kindly finish it, someone might be helped.
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Powersurge: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
There is limit to what the human eyes or his brain can comprehend.

However, even if God choose for you, their could still be trouble (UNLESS...). With all due respect to female folks, women are easily manipulated (either by human or devil).

A woman could start a ministry or a company with you, and stay with you through thick and thin, and change 20 years later and act in a way that could destroy what she has laboured with you for those years.

The devil only depart for a season. He will come again and again.

notwithstanding, when you see someone that you could marry, you supposed to know ceterus paribus.

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by emtok(m): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
TboyEmmacute:
It's only natural when you fall in love it is led by God. He will find the right person for you

Click here to see my love we will get married soon
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by CreepyBlackpool: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
the better question is

am I the one to live with who I marry or God
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by friendlyadvice: 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lamanii22:

grin yea right like you have power to choose your own partner you this ugly geh
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by BULLIONVAN4(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
emtok:

Lols... Interesting story. Kindly finish it, someone might be helped.
...he said that the reply my mum gave to him was "while i was going back home, i missed my way to our house and i was looking for someone to lead/direct me home" my dad replied "is that all?" "is that why a beautiful girl like you should be standing?" she replied "yes that she doesn't want to get lost" the my dad later interviewed her and lead her home. my father not knowing it was an arrangement by God went back to lagos telling God that he was not true to his words(meaning, i didnt see any wife you said you prepared for me). he said God told him again that she lead his wife home the other day so on that account that my dad realised that God systematically lead him to the family house of the young girl(my mum) and he ask God for forgiveness for being ignorand meanwhile other woman had picked race for no just cause( according to her,the heat was too much that she couldnt bear the it)

3 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lamanii22:

God is not a God of confusion or trial and error. You should have asked your Uncle what spirit was leading him.

5 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by emtok(m): 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
...he said that the reply my mum gave to him was "while i was going back home, i missed my way to our house and i was looking for someone to lead/direct me home" my dad replied "is that all?" "is that why a beautiful girl like you should be standing?" she replied "yes that she doesn't want to get lost" the my dad later interviewed her and lead her home. my father not knowing it was an arrangement by God went back to lagos telling God that he was not true to his words(meaning, i didnt see any wife you said you prepared for me). he said God told him again that she lead his wife home the other day so on that account that my dad realised that God systematically lead him to the family house of the young girl(my mum) and he ask God for forgiveness for being ignorand meanwhile other woman had picked race for no just cause( according to her,the heat was too much that she couldnt bear the it)
wow!!!

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Lamanii22(f): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
God is not a God of confusion or trial and error. You should have asked your Uncle what spirit was leading him.

He said it is the holyspirit... He is actually the one that actually preached about Christ to me.. I was actually a Muslim... This my said uncle is full of faith.... He is even a minister of God...
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Lamanii22(f): 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
friendlyadvice:

grin yea right like you have power to choose your own partner you this ugly geh

Shut up!!!

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lamanii22:

grin grin grin grin grin babes haff wise up grin.any man who approaches a lady using the lame excuse that God told him to choose her for a wife is not a serious human being grin

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by BULLIONVAN4(m): 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
emtok:
wow!!!
Since i know my mum and dad, my dad has never in his life raised his voice/hands on my mum and vice versa. not that they dont have issues but they always find a way to resolve it together.

7 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by emtok(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
Since i know my mum and dad, my dad has never in his life raised his voice/hands on my mum and vice versa. not that they dont have issues but they always find a way to resolve it together.
that's the result of a complementing couple in marriage.. thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Lamanii22(f): 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
lefulefu:
grin grin grin grin grin babes haff wise up grin.any man who approaches a lady using the lame excuse that God told him to choose her for a wife is not a serious human being grin

Lol...

1 Like

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by BULLIONVAN4(m): 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2019
emtok:
that's the result of a complementing couple in marriage.. thanks for sharing
You're welcome and i hope young girls and boys out there learned through this medium that everything that glitters may not be gold.
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by midnighter(f): 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
God chooses but you'll use your head to understand what He is trying to tell you

Just like any other aspect of life

3 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lamanii22:

He said it is the holyspirit... He is actually the one that actually preached about Christ to me.. I was actually a Muslim... This my said uncle is full of faith.... He is even a minister of God...
It is one thing to hear from God it is another thing to think one heard from God. Let me tell you a story, I have a friend (a lady) who was one in a one sided relationship for over three years before we met. When she narrated her story, she had feelings for the guy( A Christian brother then now an Assistant pastor) As a matter of fact she got so close to the guy that one would have said they dated, lol later she 'broke up with the guy' and turned to God to give show her her own husband. While praying she heard the guy's name and that was how she entered almost four years of emotional torment because the Christian brother heard nothing from God but at the same time didn't plainly tell aunty to go. So he was enjoying the attention and care a sister could offer.
After lots of struggles, advice, and sometimes abuses from I and my friends grin She decided to let go. She prayed and moved on, I thought all was well until aunty came back from NYSC only to inform me that she met another guy. When I asked what God's view? She said She prayed and God says yes! I only got to know of recent that she had caught feelings for the guy before she went to pray. Biko wetin person one hear for this situation? grin

You see , the problem is most times people have chosen who they want before they go to God and when flesh speaks in affirmative they think it is God and don't bother to confirm. They do not test the spirit like we were told to in the Bible.

You speak so high of your Uncle, yes he is a man of God but is he infallible, perfect and immune to error? Fellowshipping with God is not an easy journey, sometimes you make mistake and learn from it. Even God said he will use the foolish things to confound the wise.Let your uncle learn how to test all spirit. If there is a means of communication with God I dread most, it is Hearing of Voice. The realm these days is so polluted, there are lots of voices out there that aren't of God. One just have to be wise and Spiritually sensitive.

9 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Starz825(m): 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lamanii22:

God will always speak to you about ur partners...but won't force them to say yes to you.... marriage isn't force she says no then move on...

Imagine God saying one beautiful and classic lady is ur wife..but u urself u aren't in that class maybe yet...they won't even look u twice before they turn u down....

The best is to focus on urself and fix ur life, eat well, dress well, look good..u can't be looking for a beautiful woman while u look ugly and appear dirty u also let prayer flow at one side..with time ur woman would come ur way naturally...it will look like u planned it...

4 Likes

Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by OLUWABIG(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
It is one thing to hear from God it is another thing to think one heard from God. Let me tell you a story, I have a friend (a lady) who was one in a one sided relationship for over three years before we met. When she narrated her story, she had feelings for the guy( A Christian brother then now an Assistant pastor) As a matter of fact she got so close to the guy that one would have said they dated, lol later she 'broke up with the guy' and turned to God to give show her her own husband. While praying she heard the guy's name and that was how she entered almost four years of emotional torment because the Christian brother heard nothing from God but at the same time didn't plainly tell aunty to go. So he was enjoying the attention and care a sister could offer.
After lots of struggles, advice, and sometimes abuses from I and my friends grin She decided to let go. She prayed and moved on, I thought all was well until aunty came back from NYSC only to inform me that she met another guy. When I asked what God's view? She said She prayed and God says yes! I only got to know of recent that she had caught feelings for the guy before she went to pray. Biko wetin person one hear for this situation? grin

You see , the problem is most times people have chosen who they want before they go to God and when flesh speaks in affirmative they think it is God and don't bother to confirm. They do not test the spirit like we were told to in the Bible.

You speak so high of your Uncle, yes he is a man of God but is he infallible, perfect and immune to error? Fellowshipping with God is not an easy journey, sometimes you make mistake and learn from it. Even God said he will use the foolish things to confound the wise.Let your uncle learn how to test all spirit. If there is a means of communication with God I dread most, it is Hearing of Voice. The realm these days is so polluted, there are lots of voices out there that aren't of God. One just have to be wise and Spiritually sensitive.
guy you said my mind completely how did you what's on my mind?
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Lamanii22(f): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:

Lol... May God deliver us oo... May we hear the right voice... Can I ask you a question??
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lamanii22:

Lol... May God deliver us oo... May we hear the right voice... Can I ask you a question??
Amen.

Yes please.
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
OLUWABIG:
guy you said my mind completely how did you what's on my mind?
Probably the spirit revealed it to me. grin Probably!
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by OLUWABIG(m): 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
Probably the spirit revealed it to me. grin Probably!
i have to agree most spirit filled ppl reason the same way
Re: Am I The One To Choose Who To Marry Or God? by Mryacks: 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2019
emtok:
For sometime now there has been argument on choosing a life partner as a Christian. Many Christian brothers are looking for divine confirmation of who to marry while some are just following their heart to make the choice.

Speaking with a married Christian brother, who had waited for years before making his choice, here is what he has to say:

https://www.objectivegist.com.ng/2019/10/is-it-me-or-god-that-will-choose-who.html?m=1

God has given us the free will to choose for ourselves. The only thing we need to do is pray and ask him to give us the spirit of discernment so we can choose..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gals Stop This Nonsense Goodbye Sex / Jazzed Or Science / MR PLAYBOY … (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.