Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First (1976 Views)

A Woman (Neighbor) Asked My Mom If I'm Attending School Really Hard? / If I'm To Contest For Presidency In Nigeria, Will You Vote? See My Agenda / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by ShyOne(f): 8:42pm On May 28, 2011
@ Poster

you looking at this all wrong

it is very important for both you and she to be aware of "what is on the table."

prior to committing one to the other

finances, credit, fidelity, religion - is your REAL NAME

your birth name ONLY distinguishes you in a familial capacity.

WHO YOU ARE - IS WHAT YOU'VE DONE

I need to know what my man makes $$$$ to know what I am marrying and in turn he needs to know THE SAME.  If I make nothing he needs to know in advance that his salary is being spent by two with no replenishment but from whatever he makes.

This is important prior to starting out in life as a couple.  IT dictates stress levels, expectations from one to the other, goals, next acts by both partners.

Being broke, being financially stable, being well off financially can dictate just about EVERYTHING

I have gone blind into a situation before - NEVER AGAIN - it is wise and responsible to find this information out about each other.  Trust is important and it can also show you a whole lot about each other.

Her knowing what you make and you knowing what she makes doesn't put those dollars in the pocket of the other.  So don't fear showing each other - it can also give you a clear indication of her motives.  IF you make a lot of money, watch her response, if it isn't on this level 'that's great -- I want to try to do the same can you give me some tips"?  However, if she doesn't say anything but just stores the information away - I would be very skeptical of her and I would let her know right away that you are looking to save and NOT SPEND any money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

h / My Fiancee Told Me Were Incompatible When I Pretended To Be Bankrupt / I Caught Her In Bed With Another Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.