Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,061 members, 7,863,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184614 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2011
Men i think am done with Virtuous Unity for now, the stuff doesn't seem to like my phone at all! angry. Though the ROM take style fine sha. wink. I will be switching my attention to CoreDroid cos it seems to offer the best of both worlds from reviews i have read. Light and Fast!! It also has some features of Sense 3.0 embedded in. Will give you guys feedback once in do. wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2011
Hmmm, this Core Droid is making small small sense o! It has the feature that has been lacking in other ROMS 'Internet Pass-through'!! grin. More updates shortly.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2011
Well the Core Droid is not bad but it is yet to come close to either MIUI or Cyanogen Mod 7 in terms of performance and features. I therefore rest my case! I am sticking to the MIUI till further notice.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:28am On Aug 11, 2011
4 Wildfire S to hit Nigeria shores very soon.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2011
If you got android,
go on and download ESPN goals for smartphones to watch EVERY Premier League football goal on your phone wherever you are, for free. It normally costs £30/year, now free.

Clips of goals from every game will be available within minutes of the live action, except goals scored on Saturdays between 2.45pm and 5.15pm. These will be available from 5.15pm on Saturday evening.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2011
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2011
It seems this ESPN app is only for the US and other markets. undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:45am On Aug 12, 2011
ever heard of market enabler?

besides, if u look harder im sure u can get it outside the market.

do u have the bandwidth tho? free wifi?
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 7:46am On Aug 12, 2011
4llerbuntu:

ever heard of market enabler?

besides, if u look harder im sure u can get it outside the market.

do u have the bandwidth tho? free wifi?
I have used Market Enabler, no show! Bandwidth is the least of my worries bro. wink
Make I use my Out of Market sources.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2011
ah, curious. hmmn.

well, note this tip. when u flash a new rom, one of the first things u should install is market enabler, then BEFORE EVER OPENING MARKET OR ACCEPTING LICENSES ETC, open up enabler, select one of the American providers, enable it, then go into prefs and tick enable on boot.

reboot the fone. im sure when u then open market, it will be an american market.

its what i do and its yet to fail.

but if u visit market on ur pc, make sure u have an american ip or at least that you clear the cookies in your browser that has tied your fone to nigeria market. otherwise, you may not be able to install from the web page (or ur fone model and make may not even show up at all)

it does not affect ur fone anyway, but if u like clicking on the web to auto install on your fone, note the above
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2011
@doubleN
trying out MIUI now .  .  . very iphone like,cool but whats with all these chinko lettering sef?! even after changing d language to english some options are still in chinese angry angry
Still looking for how to enter my menu sef . . . .lol
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
4llerbuntu:

ah, curious. hmmn.

well, note this tip. when u flash a new rom, one of the first things u should install is market enabler, then BEFORE EVER OPENING MARKET OR ACCEPTING LICENSES ETC, open up enabler, select one of the American providers, enable it, then go into prefs and tick enable on boot.

reboot the fone. im sure when u then open market, it will be an american market.

its what i do and its yet to fail.

but if u visit market on your pc, make sure u have an american ip or at least that you clear the cookies in your browser that has tied your fone to nigeria market. otherwise, you may not be able to install from the web page (or your fone model and make may not even show up at all)

it does not affect your fone anyway, but if u like clicking on the web to auto install on your fone, note the above
Thanks for the Heads up Bro.
lynxnoon:

@doubleN
trying out MIUI now .  .  . very iphone like,cool but whats with all these chinko lettering sef?! even after changing d language to english some options are still in chinese angry angry
Still looking for how to enter my menu sef . . . .lol
Lol!! No mind those pips them. Btw mine only shows when i want to to stuff like change themes and co. Everything other thing is in English.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
on MIUI I keep getting this error "com.android.process failing" . . .
Na wah oh , ,.all these ROMs with different wahala sef
Think I will just maintain with Virtuous unity for now jare
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
btw am downloading an Android app collection of about 2.9GB and it contains enough stuffs, even emulators sef
Let's see how it goes when its done sha
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
Did you try running fix permissions script. That always fixes a lot of problems
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2011
A Sony Ericsson Play is available for sale. This mobile phone is a gamers dream
Comes shipped with gingerbread pre - installed. In brand new condition, not a mark or scratch any where.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2011
You guys should try out this game Guerrilla Bob! The game is off the hook!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Maximip(m): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2011
To the guys always trying out/installing one new ROM or the other,

How do you enjoy/use the phone when you keep doing that all the time
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2011
Maximip:

To the guys always trying out/installing one new ROM or the other,

How do you enjoy/use the phone when you keep doing that all the time
my guy . . . variety they say is the spice of life , lol
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2011
SAFO:

Did you try running fix permissions script. That always fixes a lot of problems
can I do that tru ROM manager?
Re: Android, Anyone? by goggs(m): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2011
Hi guys, just got me a galaxy SII today. its AAAAAWWWWWWSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Jeez i wonder what samsung will come up with in the S3 shocked shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2011
Just fixed the "android.process.acore"error on MIUI by doing a factory reset
Seems. I may enjoy this MIUI after all
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:18am On Aug 14, 2011
Nice one! You will definitely enjoy the ROM bro.
Re: Android, Anyone? by N101: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2011
goggs:

Hi guys, just got me a galaxy SII today. its AAAAAWWWWWWSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Jeez i wonder what samsung will come up with in the S3 shocked shocked shocked cheesy

I hear they're bringing out the Galaxy S 2011, an updated version of last year's Galaxy S. I might go for that one as I prefer its size over the Galaxy S 2.
Re: Android, Anyone? by goggs(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2011
N101:

I hear they're bringing out the Galaxy S 2011, an updated version of last year's Galaxy S. I might go for that one as I prefer its size over the Galaxy S 2.

While the screen is AWESOME, its large size makes it uncomfortable to manipulate for long, also its ssoooooo slippery! and then the battery life is really really bad. Switched off all WIFI, bluetooth, live wall papers, email sync, and anything that communicates outside the phone, BUT the battery last just a day with normal use. I know this a problem with most smart phones. Its a major problem no doubt
Re: Android, Anyone? by N101: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2011
goggs:

While the screen is AWESOME, its large size makes it uncomfortable to manipulate for long, also its ssoooooo slippery! and then the battery life is really really bad. Switched off all WIFI, bluetooth, live wall papers, email sync, and anything that communicates outside the phone, BUT the battery last just a day with normal use. I know this a problem with most smart phones. Its a major problem no doubt

You need to get case with a good grip bro, you can't eat fried chicken and use your phone grin

The battery life was the first thing I noticed about my HTC Desire. It doesn't last for more than a day, and if it does that's because no one's called me and I've switched everything (wifi, Bluetooth and Mobile Internet) off. It seems to be the problem with all smartphones. Hopefully someone out there is working on resolving it, but expect to pay more for the privilege.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 2kurupt(m): 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ lynxnoon. big ups, your kinda the android king in this forum.

I keep hearing about roms & stuff, being a newbie to android from symbian I'll like to know if they are the same thing as launchers, wat exactly they do & if roms can be from on the market. 10x in advance
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2011
2kurupt:

@ lynxnoon. big ups, your kinda the android king in this forum.

I keep hearing about roms & stuff, being a newbie to android from symbian I'll like to know if they are the same thing as launchers, wat exactly they do & if roms can be from on the market. 10x in advance
Like I always say . . . You can always get any info u r looking for by using Google search
anyhow. . . ROMS r basically customized operating systems for android phones and these are done by various developers
You can get much info on the xda forum section for the model of your fone
And also sites like android police.com, cyanogen mod etc.
But most importantly, be very sure of whatever you want to try out on your fone before you go
ahead
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
lynxnoon:

Just fixed the "android.process.acore"error on MIUI by doing a factory reset
Seems. I may enjoy this MIUI after all

I was having that same problem with MIUI and I re-flashed the rom which fixed it for me. A few questions though. Have you experienced any issues with the MIUI weather app? It seems like it's no longer working. Also I'm running MIUI 1.8.5 for the Inspire 4G (which is the same as the Desire HD) and videos in the browser seem to lag. I uninstalled the adobe flash update and it's still the same.
Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2011
This is what it looks like

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2011
Try out Beautiful Widgets, its a very lovely weather app with a Clock widget just like the one found on the Sense Skins. It's the best weather app I have come across so far.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (112)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.