Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184615 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
Double N:

Try out Beautiful Widgets, its a very lovely weather app with a Clock widget just like the one found on the Sense Skins. It's the best weather app I have come across so far.

Yea, I have beautiful widgets but I haven't used it in a while. I just like the way the MIUI weather looks.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2011
well am still on 1.7 and haves few issues :
Bluetooth. wifi USB tethering and hotspot ain't working
as per weather widget I just installed BEAUTIFUL WIDGETS ans all seems OK. . . .don't think this s my verify miui has Widget for weather
@SAFO
just try to fiddle with the settings ans see. if that corrects it

Re: Android, Anyone? by SAFO(m): 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
I downloaded weather & toggle widgets and it gels nicely with the theme. I think I might stick with this for a while.

Re: Android, Anyone? by 2kurupt(m): 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
Ok ya'll, I get the picture. Venturing into this custom rom stuff should be worth while
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2011
Please can someone help me on choosing between the desire s and bb 4. Am really worried about the battery power of the desire which i have heard is poor especially here in Nigeria where there is no support centre to return the phone if i encounter battery problems.

Please reply this night because am planning on getting a phone latest tomorrow

Also has anyone bought the desire s from DSCL? Did you encounter any problem
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2011
lynxnoon:

well am still on 1.7 and haves few issues :
Bluetooth. wifi USB tethering and hotspot ain't working
as per weather widget I just installed BEAUTIFUL WIDGETS ans all seems OK. . . .don't think this s my verify miui has Widget for weather
@SAFO
just try to fiddle with the settings ans see. if that corrects it

I am using 1.7.22 and everything works perfectly on my phone. Wonder why yours is different. undecided. Another very cool feature of this ROM is the[b] visitor[/b] mode which once activated locks up all personal info such as SMS to any third party.
This are some shots of the beautiful widgets on my device.

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2011
linkin8k:

Please can someone help me on choosing between the desire s and bb 4. Am really worried about the battery power of the desire which i have heard is poor especially here in Nigeria where there is no support centre to return the phone if i encounter battery problems.

Please reply this night because am planning on getting a phone latest tomorrow

Also has anyone bought the desire s from DSCL? Did you encounter
any problem
well I got my desire s from DSCL about 4 months ago and I don't have any regret doing so
As per battery issue, all recent smartphones don't have extra-longlasting life wether blackberry or android
It depends on what you need the phone for
I won't suggest which to choose cos its obvious what I would recommend. . . .   .lol
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:25am On Aug 16, 2011
@Double N
Your phone has an official miui version that's why you don't have those issues am facing
when I get a stable internet I'll! download the latest version and see how far
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2011
was wonderin about something, why do chinese clones run winmo 6.5 and other crap OS?

when i see what MIUI are doing with android, and the fact that android OS is there for anyone to use, why have they been releasing crap fones?

i see today that MIUI is backing a fone out of china officially now : http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/16/xiaomi-phone-hands-on/

and it just struck me, i dont understand why. am pretty sure some of those crap they produce would be a lot better and they would probably have a larger market if they adopted android. its free FFS!

anyway, why does the BOT always ban me when i post on this thread? and they wont release the post still after unban. na wah ooo NL
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2011
and just to clear this point, BB also dont have good battery life. gone are the days of Nokia 3310 when u charge once in 5 days.

hopefully, soon somebody will make a breakthrough on making battries that last longer
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2011
4llerbuntu:

was wonderin about something, why do chinese clones run winmo 6.5 and other crap OS?

when i see what MIUI are doing with android, and the fact that android OS is there for anyone to use, why have they been releasing crap fones?

i see today that MIUI is backing a fone out of china officially now : http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/16/xiaomi-phone-hands-on/

and it just struck me, i dont understand why. am pretty sure some of those crap they produce would be a lot better and they would probably have a larger market if they adopted android. its free FFS!

anyway, why does the BOT always ban me when i post on this thread? and they wont release the post still after unban. na wah ooo NL

Point of correction - : I have seen Chinese phones that run on android !!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2011
@4llerbe
the answer to your WHY is simply . . . MONEY
Most (if not all . . .lol) don't have the funds for stronger hardware and also marketing
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
Is there any disadvantage of a UK used desire s? I found one for 54k which seems clean
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
linkin8k:

Is there any disadvantage of a UK used desire s? I found one for 54k which seems clean
So far its not locked to any network and your HSDPA band is 2100, you have no problem.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2011
@DoubleN
please how's your battery on miui like? thinking of changing my kernel from Unity to Tiamat cost am not impressed with what am getting so far
Any suggestions?
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
lynxnoon:

@DoubleN
please how's your battery on miui like? thinking of changing my kernel from Unity to Tiamat cost am not impressed with what am getting so far
Any suggestions?
Battery life on MIUI.us is the best i have seen on any ROM so far (No hyping). I get an average of over Day on a full charge with moderate usage including email syncing,IM, music etc. I am using the Cyanogen mod 2.6.35.13 Kernel sha. wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
This is a Snapshot of the Kernel Version.

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2011
OK thanks
will look onto it
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
Please does anyone know where i can get the desire s? Dscl is just frustrating me, yesterday morning i called and they said they have it. Today i went there only for them to say they don't have it angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? by sway112: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2011
Please does anyone know where i can get the desire s? Dscl is just frustrating me, yesterday morning i called and they said they have it. Today i went there only for them to say they don't have it Angry Angry

pls how much is it in dscl. and where is dscl sef ? undecided??
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:07am On Aug 18, 2011
All this marketing wey we dey do for this DSCL pips sef. How person go take collect him own cut? undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by whoelse(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2011
Double N:

All this marketing wey we dey do for this DSCL pips sef. How person go take collect him own cut? undecided

@DoubleN, na u dem owe pass.

@LynxNoon
Whats the best ROM for the Desire S u've currently used and the cons, if any.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2011
@DoubleN
na true u talk oh. . those guys suppose dey settle us oh lol

@whoelse
well as per aesthetics. and full options onut funxtion scoreality Virtuous Unity but scores low on battery
for simple n sleek look but good battery there's CyanogenMod n Miui
This is my own opinion oh cost there are many other nice ROMs out there but a good place to start wud be xda site
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2011
lynxnoon:

@DoubleN
na true u talk oh. . those guys suppose dey settle us oh lol
Abi na? wink By the way,how far with your MIUI?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 11:23am On Aug 18, 2011
Double N:

yes i changed to Tiamat kernel n Bluetooth n wifi now working even Active hotspots connecting
about to test the USB tethering
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2011
Am rili sorry if i have been disrupting u guys but d problem is that am leaving lagos saturday mornin and i need to buy the desire s before i leave.
If any one could direct me where i could buy it for a good price i'd be glad so i could buy it tomorrow. Am rili not a fan of 2nd hand phones even if it looks new.

Lynxnoon u talked about someplace called Cellport when i was searching nairaland. Please do u have their number? Thnx
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
@linkin8k
sorry I don't have their number but I think they are affiliated to dscl so you can call them to get the number
but I'd u want to for to their shop, its the story building opposite the 1st SLOT shop in computer. village in ikeja
I hope that helps
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2011
Guys I just upgraded to 1.8 on miui and one thing I'll say its FAST!! new addons n improved browser
Comes with cyanogenMod kernel
cool

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2011
btw I noticed running miui with Tiamat kernel lasts about 12hrs. . . . I hope this will be better sha

screenshot below shows new additions

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:22am On Aug 19, 2011
lynxnoon:

btw I noticed running miui with Tiamat kernel lasts about 12hrs. . . . I hope this will be better sha

screenshot below shows new additions

I am sure it will. wink I am about upgrading to 1.85 myself. grin. From all my adventures with different ROMs so far,this MIUI satisfies me the most.
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2011
Found one!! But it was jus unlocked and the internet wasn't working. The guy has taken it to computer village to sort it out. Should i buy or not??

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (112)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.