Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,041 members, 7,863,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184613 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by Ossaifamous(m): 1:14am On Sep 13, 2011
ha sorry @n101 so we are both seekin admission into android varsity
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2011
aieromon:

@lynxnoon
Why you trying to knock Slot's hustle?
If not for battery issues sha!I love flexibility.
not really jare . . . its just that their standrad has really dropped recently
and besides their prices r still way too high compared to others like DCSCL & co
Just my 2cents sha undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 11:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
lyxnoon is it possible to use bis plan on my android?
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 3:34am On Sep 14, 2011
BIS on Android?
No,Sir.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2011
linkin8k:

lyxnoon is it possible to use bis plan on my android?
aieromon:

BIS on Android?
No,Sir.
smiley lipsrsealed wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2011
How much is samsung galaxy s2 cost now.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mavor: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2011
ziccoit:

How much is samsung galaxy s2 cost now.

N102k at Slots
Re: Android, Anyone? by ziccoit: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2011
Mavor:

N102k at Slots

Thank you very much my gee, at least I have an idea of the price. But, what can you say in view of the comment made below? As in can you say the Slot's price is a little on higher side compare to general market.

lynxnoon:

not really jare . . . its just that their standrad has really dropped recently
and besides their prices r still way too high compared to others like DCSCL & co
Just my 2cents sha undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mavor: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
ziccoit:

Thank you very much my gee, at least I have an idea of the price. But, what can you say in view of the comment made below? As in can you say the Slot's price is a little on higher side compare to general market.

Buying there is better. They are a Samsung recognized dealer. I think the only official one in Lagos. You can be rest assured that their products are not fake Chinese imitations and they have good warranties on purchases.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2011
ezeuba:

I wonder where some folks get their info and post it on here. Do they get this from correct sources or just thoughts in their heads? Blackberry, faced with near eclipse by iphone and android ARE contemplating porting BBM to ios and android. Only snag seems how they are going to assign pins to these device for compatibility on BBM. As a step forward for Blackberry, they have ported the Dalvik Virtual Machine (the android os container) to Blackberry OS; meaning newer Blackberry devices like the Playbook could run android apps. Granted that android is open source, this could not have happened without Google's blessing and something in return from Blackberry. Which makes the porting of BBM a question of when rather than if.

You phucking idiot. I said
texazzpete:

It isn't possible to port BBM to android, not without's RIM's blessing.

Then you go on and start babbling about RIM contemplating porting BBM to Android. What does "Without RIM's Blessings" mean to you?

Abeg if you have difficulties with understanding simple English language, appeal to us humbly and we may contribute cash towards remedial classes for you. Dolt!
Re: Android, Anyone? by ezeuba(m): 9:12am On Sep 15, 2011
texazzpete:

Abeg if you have difficulties with understanding simple English language, appeal to us humbly and we may contribute cash towards remedial classes for you. Dolt!

I see you are one of those who have nothing better to do than trolling and flaming on forums. I can bet my salary (as meager as it may be) that you do not have a paying job, hence you spend all day in cybercafes cadging browsing tickets so you could do what you know best: trolling and flaming. If I had the time I could have expounded more on your kind, but unlike your kind I got a job and I cannot afford to waste one more second on a troll today. Anyway, happy trolling. wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^^^^

GENGEN. act 1 scene 1 don start. the texazz show is in town
grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, @ tex, me and u need to start a thread on WIN8. i wanna start a beef war and flame M$ for that atrocity called WIN8. angry angry grin grin grin grin
im sure u will willingly defend them
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways, where na2day when u need him sef. pls @ all i wanna format my sd card to ext2 only. infact i already did but my fone no recognise am.
i thought i read that GB enabled reading from ext partitions.

anyway i wanna do that. pls how can i? i need an answer oooo. else una no go rest oooo angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2011
no answer? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

so na marketing una dey do for here? smh.

anyway, @ lynx wats not working on latest MIUI? i miss rom flshing, havent flashed a rom in a month.

gonna nandroid backup my flavoured stock and try MIUI 1.9.9 there are some tasty looking custom kernels out for xperia now.

im hearing things like 0% to 5% battery drain in 10 hrs deep sleep with some really good cpu governor mods.

grin grin grin grin [size=5pt]rubs hands with glee and smiles like its xmas morning [/size] grin grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Chuckdee(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2011
ezeuba:

I see you are one of those who have nothing better to do than trolling and flaming on forums. I can bet my salary (as meager as it may be) that you do not have a paying job, hence you spend all day in cybercafes cadging browsing tickets so you could do what you know best: trolling and flaming. If I had the time I could have expounded more on your kind, but unlike your kind I got a job and I cannot afford to waste one more second on a troll today. Anyway, happy trolling. wink
4llerbuntu:

^^^^^^

GENGEN. act 1 scene 1 don start. the texazz show is in town
grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, @ tex, me and u need to start a thread on WIN8. i wanna start a beef war and flame M$ for that atrocity called WIN8. angry angry grin grin grin grin
im sure u will willingly defend them
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways, where na2day when u need him sef. pls @ all i wanna format my sd card to ext2 only. infact i already did but my fone no recognise am.

anyway i wanna do that. pls how can i? i need an answer oooo. else una no go rest oooo angry angry angry angry angry

Why would you want to call Win 8 an atrocity? Why would you want to start a flame war? You sincerely think Win 8 is crap at this stage of the OS? Well, I do like you to point me to your flame war thread and I would prove how wrong you are.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2011
Chuckdee:

Why would you want to call Win 8 an atrocity? Why would you want to start a flame war? You sincerely think Win 8 is crap at this stage of the OS? Well, I do like you to point me to your flame war thread and I would prove how wrong you are.

YIPPEEEEEE grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

a fanboy picks up the gauntlet. note: i do this for kicks and thrills of a stimulating tech convo, devoid of the usual crap on computer section

erm, i will put up the thread friday night so we can do this over the weekend. now there is no time.
i hope the useless bots and its owners will lets us spar in peace tongue tongue

basically, that thing is not for a PC, merging and calling it suitable for both is idiotic. the so called 7mode is nothing but an emulator without even the luxury of a proper start menu/toolbar. the legacy support is downright ridiculous, after dumping u back in a emulated win32 environment, how are u supposed to use a touchscreen for legacy apps? etc etc etc

do not reply here. i will put up the thread later. i intend to be fully armed with video and screenshots cool cool PLEASE LETS NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2011
4llerbuntu:

^^^^^^

i think u can do that with this recent recovery . . . . EXT4 RECOVERY or so . . (google it undecided) its suppose to be an extension/modded version of CLOCKWORKMOD Recovery
Ehen u can also check ROM Manager, shd hv the function but may likely be in the Premium version wink(lol)
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:46am On Sep 16, 2011
4llerbuntu:

anyway, @ lynx wats not working on latest MIUI? i miss rom flshing, havent flashed a rom in a month.

gonna nandroid backup my flavoured stock and try MIUI 1.9.9 there are some tasty looking custom kernels out for xperia now.

im hearing things like 0% to 5% battery drain in 10 hrs deep sleep with some really good cpu governor mods.

grin grin grin grin [size=5pt]rubs hands with glee and smiles like its xmas morning [/size] grin grin grin
hmmmm well evrvtin seems to be working fine so far
u can try it sha n see
also check xda for recent updates n info
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by N101: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2011
Ossai famous:

ha sorry @n101 so we are both seekin admission into android varsity

I don get entry o grin Seriously, after the last disaster that had me without the phone for three weeks (thankfully it was still under warranty), I'm not even thinking of rooting it until I have a back-up phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2011
ezeuba:

LMAO!

Nice of you to tell us how you manage to get on the internet. Instead of trying to insult your betters, why not admit your limited grasp of the English language led you to make a silly mistake?
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
4llerbuntu:

a fanboy picks up the gauntlet. note: i do this for kicks and thrills of a stimulating tech convo, devoid of the usual crap on computer section

erm, i will put up the thread friday night so we can do this over the weekend. now there is no time.

basically, that thing is not for a PC, merging and calling it suitable for both is idiotic. the so called 7mode is nothing but an emulator without even the luxury of a proper start menu/toolbar. the legacy support is downright ridiculous, after dumping u back in a emulated win32 environment, how are u supposed to use a touchscreen for legacy apps? etc etc etc

do not reply here. i will put up the thread later. i intend to be fully armed with video and screenshots cool cool PLEASE LETS NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD.

Abeg put the thread up. Please remember two things

1. The version of Win 8 shown off is at pre-Beta level. Making sweeping assumptions on the final product is just plain silly. As far as performance is concerned, at least Win 8 has been shown to run capably on hardware that can run Win 7 (Even down to ancient Atom CPUs)

2. Abeg the '$' sign in MS is just plain old. What is this, 2005? At a point, even rabid fanboys grow up to realize that for companies like MS, Apple, HP etc have the sole aim of making as much money as possible for their shareholders.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2011
N101:

I don get entry o grin[b] Seriously, after the last disaster that had me without the phone for three weeks [/b](thankfully it was still under warranty), I'm not even thinking of rooting it until I have a back-up phone.
sp what happened to ur fone n which model was it?
Re: Android, Anyone? by N101: 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2011
lynxnoon:

sp what happened to your fone n which model was it?

I have the original Desire.  I travelled, switched my phone on at the destination, everything was fine.  My brother "borrowed" my phone as he's never seen or used an Android phone (has a Windows Phone).  He didn't do much with it apart from play around with the apps, try to beat my high score in Angry Birds and charging it via usb.

Next morning woke up, phone was fine, decided to restart it and walked away leaving it to do its thing.  When I got back, the phone was stuck in boot mode and stayed there. The volume up and down buttons wouldn't work, taking the battery out and putting it back in didn't work. I basically tried everything.

I contacted HTC and arranged for a collection on my return. Collected Monday afternoon, returned Wednesday morning in working order.  Someone elsewhere suggested there may have been a problem with the volume button, fortunately it was still under warranty.  Didn't find out from HTC what the problem was, just glad it's back working.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2011
@N101,
K. ,
men u r lucky oh. ,
I think it's an issue with d eMMC chip on d board
There's a thread on xda with same complaints
well guess that was a close shave
enjoy yr droid
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2011
BTW I have an OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASING for HTC DESIRE for sale if anyone is interested
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by N101: 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2011
lynxnoon:

@N101,
K. ,
men u r lucky oh. ,
I think it's an issue with d eMMC chip on d board
There's a thread on xda with same complaints
well guess that was a close shave
enjoy yr droid

Spent a whole day online trying to find a cure, even posted something on a forum but got no response. Was a close shave but I felt so lost without it - lost without a phone! cheesy Went to xda to look up similar problems, but they all worked on the premise the volume button functions.

Now I don't even put my hand anywhere near the volume button. Wonder who in Naija who could fix it for me if I ever developed a problem (God forbid!) Was checking out the HTC site to see if they had any resellers in Nigeria, the Africa page was "not found". Not very helpful.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 12:32am On Sep 17, 2011
4llerbuntu:

erm dont start what you cant finish, I made a thread on Windows 8. Its title Windows 8:The Thread.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 8:00am On Sep 17, 2011
@n101
Yeah quite a sad thing threes no support in naija but there is in SA sha
As per remedy to what happened to yr fone, I think there's a solution out there, I just didn't search hard enough
Well I can say I've done worst things on my fone but somehow pulled tru. . .
Well I won't advice I to keep experimenting with ur fone but. . . well we learn new stuff evryday sha
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2011
A very useful app for medical students or self diagnosis @ the marketplace is iTriage !!! Check it out.
Re: Android, Anyone? by blowjanet: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2011
lynxnoon howfar how much for the desire
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 8:35am On Sep 19, 2011
@lexus
very true

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (112)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.