Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,213 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:22 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184071 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2011
k
seen ur id
NL Spambot is not allowing me to modify post oh!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by grock1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
Shit, thats crazy
Re: Android, Anyone? by grock1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2011
Thats crazy. Sorry bout that
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2011
no probs
, my chaton not going tru yet
connection issues
Re: Android, Anyone? by grock1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2011
K, no probs. I just wish there r more pple on it sha.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2011
Ice Cream Sandwich!!!!

Any newss with regards to what devices would be upgradeable
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:35am On Oct 22, 2011
moonraker:

Ice Cream Sandwich!!!!

Any newss with regards to what devices would be upgradeable
not sure about others but most devices released this year will likely get ICS
Tho HTC r kinda fudgy, announcing they will look into how to merge it with their current devices with sense ui undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by nastydamus(m): 9:43am On Oct 22, 2011
[img]http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chs=250x250&cht=qr&chl=https%3A%2F%2Fmarket.android.com%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.sec.chaton%26feature%3Dsearch_result%23%3Ft%3DW251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zZWMuY2hhdG9uIl0.&choe=UTF-8&chld=L|1[/img]

Scan with barcode scanner.
Re: Android, Anyone? by nastydamus(m): 9:48am On Oct 22, 2011
Kindle for android. cool

[img]http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chs=250x250&cht=qr&chl=https%3A%2F%2Fmarket.android.com%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.amazon.kindle%26feature%3Dsearch_result%23%3Ft%3DW251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hbWF6b24ua2luZGxlIl0.&choe=UTF-8&chld=L|1[/img]
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2011
lynxnoon:

not sure about others but most devices released this year will likely get ICS
Tho HTC r kinda fudgy, announcing they will look into how to merge it with their current devices with sense ui undecided

Yeah i read that in an article yesterday. I wouldnt want my Evo 3D to go to waste.

Btw the price for Galaxy S2 has gone down drastically at my end, so the earlier i knw

the upgrade info, the beta!!! This is why i dislike the android platform. The support cycle is

from the OEMs is just horrible with the capital H. At least with apple, you can be guaranteed

some form of long support cycle. Taking into consideration the iphone 3G. Its last firmware

upgrade was 4.3 i think?? This is a device that was released in 2008. smh
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:07am On Oct 22, 2011
yeah u r right
i heard with this ICS the issue of fragmentation will be reduced cos it cuts across all platforms, fones n tablets etc; how true is this?
Re: Android, Anyone? by grock1(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2011
Im not even bothered, cos i know if my htc desire can be upgraded to ics, xda-developers.com will definitely port it on most android including htc desire hd. So y worry? I prefer custom OS
Re: Android, Anyone? by MrTA(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
Cant wait to get ics on my sgs2.
Re: Android, Anyone? by goggs(m): 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
Mr_TA:

I am with you oh! read somewhere that ics on anything other than HTC takes time. HTC did announce that they are working on ics updates.

come to think why is it Samsung hasn't upgraded android 2.3. to 2.4 in Africa ie Nigeria? if that's how they treat us then ICS for us in December 2012 and beyond !
Re: Android, Anyone? by goggs(m): 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
Mr_TA:

I am with you oh! read somewhere that ics on anything other than HTC takes time. HTC did announce that they are working on ics updates.

come to think why is it Samsung hasn't upgraded android 2.3. to 2.4 in Africa ie Nigeria? if that's how they treat us then ICS for us in December 2012 and beyond !
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2011
for laffs

Jbed an app to running java mid- let on Android
device.
installation:
download Jbed.apk from attachment and install
it.
if last section not working for you,
download Jbed.zip and flash it with CWM!
I created a signed flash-able package for easy
install it!
Tested on my wildfire and 100% working!
you can press on Thanks button and
download it from attachment.
you can flash this package on all clockworkmod
recovery version (2 and 3 and 4)

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1189303

quite why i would wanna do that i dunno.
it works sha, but be sure u run the appropriate java app for ur fone like full touch fones should run full touch apps and not ones controlled with keyboard. small screen java apps will not display properly on large screen fones. chai see sufferhead
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:19am On Oct 23, 2011
goggs:

Maybe because there's no Android 2.4 release?
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2011
ice cream sandwich aka Android 4.0 is out!!! Any support for HTC Desire S?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Timi1990(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2011
1. Pls guyz, can video call work on both wildfire S and Desire S ?
2. Pls which one is the Best between both phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Timi1990(m): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2011
1. Pls guyz, can video call work on both wildfire S and Desire S ?
2. Pls which one is the Best between both phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Timi1990(m): 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
@lynxnoon Thanks guy. Think i'll go 4 d Desire S
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2011
Timi1990:

@lynxnoon Thanks guy. Think i'll go 4 d Desire S
no probs
thats what am using wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2011
saw it for 49,000 somewhere today, i think slot?? desire S that is

cant remember. was in ikeja today, that place has totally crapped out.

can u believe i was sold a fake Nokia Bluetooth Headset today @ SLot?

i bought the damn thing, opened it up and found there was no manual. this is something i have bought before so i know it comes with one, the box is still in my table.

worse still is that the forward and backwards buttons on the headset work in reverse. the forward button actually works as back, the bac works as front.

MCHEEW, and some pple will still swear by slot. that Ikeja ehn total washout.

BTW, i am now lusting after a tablet.
was looking at some today and it finally got my goose.

thing is i really dont want an Ipad, one its too rich for my poor pocket, secondly, believe me i was looking at the thing today and telling myself HAA, its too thin and light, i may break it grin grin grin grin proper bush boy

i like the 8.9 Tab, the 7 inch does not really rub me right, too small i think, the 8.9 is probably just right, plus i saw the 3g/wifi option. the price tho was ridiculous. the chap was quoting me 90k.
is it that expensive?

abeg, who will help me buy one of those 200 dollar tablets abeg. i think i can find space in my life for a tablet now cool cool cool cool
Re: Android, Anyone? by Timi1990(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
4llerbuntu:

can u believe i was sold a fake Nokia Bluetooth Headset today @ SLot?

i bought the damn thing, opened it up and found there was no manual. this is something i have bought before so i know it comes with one, the box is still in my table.

worse still is that the forward and backwards buttons on the headset work in reverse. the forward button actually works as back, the bac works as front.

MCHEEW, and some pple will still swear by slot. that Ikeja ehn total washout.

BTW, i am now lusting after a tablet.
was looking at some today and it finally got my goose.

thing is i really dont want an Ipad, one its too rich for my poor pocket, secondly, believe me i was looking at the thing today and telling myself HAA, its too thin and light, i may break it grin grin grin grin proper bush boy

i like the 8.9 Tab, the 7 inch does not really rub me right, too small i think, the 8.9 is probably just right, plus i saw the 3g/wifi option. the price tho was ridiculous. the chap was quoting me 90k.
is it that expensive?

abeg, who will help me buy one of those 200 dollar tablets abeg. i think i can find space in my life for a tablet now cool cool cool cool

guy which one is 49,000 ? Wildfire or Desire . I heard they sell fake at-times at slot too. Omo make i shine my eye wella if i dey go there o o o o o.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2011
4llerbuntu:

can u believe i was sold a fake Nokia Bluetooth Headset today @ SLot

[b]abeg, who will help me buy one of those 200 dollar tablets abeg. i think i can find space in my life for a tablet now cool cool cool cool

guy na wah for u oh!! . . . carry that thing back n rake for them jare!! them get partnership with nokia so dey suppose give u the right thing

as per the $200 for a tablet with wifi n 3G; guy u wan thief ni?! grin grin go n chill n begin to save some dough like me jare grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ TIMI 1990, it was desire s, at the slot on medical road.

yes i remember now, at least that was the display price at the samsung corner at the right hand side,

@ lynx, hmmn, rake sha, i get their time? sigh i dunno for dem o, the only reason i went there was cos all the other shops i went into were selling fakes, one i tested had just one ear working sef.

as for the tablet, na under rock u dey live all this days? u no sabi say sub $200 tablets don dey? i think viewsonic launched one recently

plus all those Nook color and Kindle Fire Nko?

na by force to get all the paparazzi join? grin grin grin u dey find dual core processor and 1gb GPU? tongue tongue tongue tongue
as long as e browse, and watch film wetin again? grin grin grin grin

i dey come, i go find links for u now
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
no mind me jare . . . i know
i done post before i realize say e dey but very hard toget here except online . . . n u know all d wahala behind online buying n getting it over here

as per tablets, i cant go for web os n android tablets still run the same experience i get on my droid; so . . . . hard to say but i go settle for ipad jare undecided wink
atleast a different OS n experience. . .
[i][sub][/sub][/i]still an android fan to the core oh!! grin grin lol
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
We've already seen it available for pre-order at Amazon and spent a bit of time with it ourselves last month, but ViewSonic's only just now officially getting its ViewPad 7e Android tablet out the door. It'll be available by the end of the month if it hasn't hit retailers already and, as expected, it will set you back an even $200. That unfortunately only buys you Android 2.3 (with an SPB shell on top) and not Honeycomb, but the specs are otherwise somewhat decent for the price, including a 1GHz ARM A8 processor, dual cameras, a "RiteTouch" 7-inch capacitive display, 4GB of storage with a microSD card slot for expansion, and HDMI output. As is often the case with low-end tablets, however, one key omission is official support for the Android Market, but you do at least get access to Amazon's Appstore, as well as plenty of pre-loaded apps including Twitter, Kindle, and TuneIn Radio.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/24/viewsonic-rolls-out-200-viewpad-7e-android-tablet/

thing is this one will get rooted, and anor OS slapped on top ASAP.

i no dey buy any apple joor, i nor get time for Jailbreak etc headache, and im not a big fan of their UI.
besides i be poor man tongue tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
4llerbuntu:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/lenovo-announces-ideapad-a1-the-199-android-tablet-we-go-hand/

If you thought you couldn't get a real Android tablet from a brand you've heard of for less than $200, think again. Lenovo's just announced the IdeaPad Tablet A1, a 7-inch Android unit that we got a sneaky first glimpse of back in July. Now it's real, and it's cheap, it's running Gingerbread, and while it doesn't hold a candle to the Galaxy Tab 7.7, it honestly feels like something far above its price point.

There are plenty of cheap Android tablets out there, but most have sketchy construction and many are locked out of the Android Market -- meaning no Gmail app, no Maps, and none of the other built-in Google goodies. That's not the case with the A1, which is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread on a single-core Cortex A8 processor. It has front- and rear-facing cameras (the back one rated at three megapixels) and a 7-inch, 1,024 x 600 display

Tablet PCs
Lenovo announces IdeaPad A1, the $199 Android tablet, we go hands-on (video)
By Tim Stevens posted Sep 1st 2011 12:00PM
Hands-On
Lenovo announces IdeaPad A1, the $199 Android tablet, we go hands-on (video)
If you thought you couldn't get a real Android tablet from a brand you've heard of for less than $200, think again. Lenovo's just announced the IdeaPad Tablet A1, a 7-inch Android unit that we got a sneaky first glimpse of back in July. Now it's real, and it's cheap, it's running Gingerbread, and while it doesn't hold a candle to the Galaxy Tab 7.7, it honestly feels like something far above its price point. Read on for our impressions.
Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet A1 hands-on
There are plenty of cheap Android tablets out there, but most have sketchy construction and many are locked out of the Android Market -- meaning no Gmail app, no Maps, and none of the other built-in Google goodies. That's not the case with the A1, which is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread on a single-core Cortex A8 processor. It has front- and rear-facing cameras (the back one rated at three megapixels) and a 7-inch, 1,024 x 600 display.

Again, those are specs that don't compare to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, but something tells us you won't be able to score one of these for the $199 asking price that the A1 starts at. For that you'll get 8GB of storage, but a 16GB model will go for $249, 32GB for $299. We're told only the 16GB and 32GB models will be shipped to the US, which is a bit of a shame, as with both microSD and SD expansion it'll be fairly easy to add more. Connectivity is limited to WiFi, but there is a GPS in there, so it could make for a passable navigation device.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.