Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,249 members, 7,867,651 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (184722 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by AndroBlaze: 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2012
sidwell: HELP...HELP.....
After successful rooting my Galaxy S2 to 4.0.3 I use it tru out yesterday with no problem.So this morning ofter recieving some calls the two or three hours later,i then notice the phone was off.I tried switching it on but nothing happen,not booting,not charging too.the phone is not responding.I don't know what is wrong with the phone.pls what should i do now
You have to explain how you rooted the phone- was it with a program or did you do it manually. And if you did use a program (.exe, .msi etc.) did you also put a new OS on itm A link to the site that gave you advice on how to do it would also be helpful.
Re: Android, Anyone? by AndroBlaze: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2012
D.A.V.E:
pls I nid help ohh,since I updated my phone to gingerbread my phone camera stopped working,any solution pls
If you want the camera to start working again revert back to your old OS- simple. But if you do want to use ur phone Twhich you refused to tell us the make) with gingerbread, give us more details eg. The type of your phone, the model, if the gingerbread OS you flashed on it is custom or from the manufacturer and lastly if the OS you flashed on it is for the SPECIFIC model of your phone and not and not that of a lower or higher model frrm the same manufacturer.
Re: Android, Anyone? by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ur sure the andriod is a miracle in d tech. World.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2012
Andro Blaze:
You have to explain how you rooted the phone- was it with a program or did you do it manually. And if you did use a program (.exe, .msi etc.) did you also put a new OS on itm A link to the site that gave you advice on how to do it would also be helpful.
@Andro Blaze I did it through odin and i follow the instructions.I download the firmware 4.0.3 XXLPQ,and i download latest odin,i then extract both file.i upgrade tru odin,with green indicator that it's pass (successful update),then the phone reboot and it change from 2.3 (Gingerbread) to 4.0.3 (Ice cream sandwich) and i use it tru out that day i make call,browse and other things.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2012
sidwell:
@Andro Blaze I did it through odin and i follow the instructions.I download the firmware 4.0.3 XXLPQ,and i download latest odin,i then extract both file.i upgrade tru odin,with green indicator that it's pass (successful update),then the phone reboot and it change from 2.3 (Gingerbread) to 4.0.3 (Ice cream sandwich) and i use it tru out that day i make call,browse and other things.
Guy, don't be greedy to spend little money to fix your phone. Take it to those who can do it for you. If you know you can follow instructions in restoring back your phone simply Google on it. Or go to their website for compatibility and manual on how to fix your phone firmware troubles.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 08, 2012
sidwell:

First of all when u flashed through odin was it the .tar file u installed on the pda tab? If so then I guess the rom was unstable or was not successfully downloaded. Apart from that, after rooting did u flash clockworkmod recovery on ur phone because if u did u could have backed up ur stock rom and restored it simply. If u did flash cwm just find the combo buttons to reboot into recovery and problem solved. If u did not do any of these then it as appears could be bricked. Just download the stock rom and flash it back, ur phone should reset.
Re: Android, Anyone? by usanieja(m): 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2012
Guys are u still waiting, wen visafone came with motorola android I was taking it wit kid gloves, I just bought mine fr 75grand and itspp bn. A
amazing the android market its a bump, I now chat. Thru. What Application its amazing am even doing this with my android
Re: Android, Anyone? by usanieja(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2012
Our android is dual sim CDMA and GSM.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Chief06: 2:02am On Apr 09, 2012
100% on the money... http://www.androidambrosia.com

na2day!:
Anyone using android phones,
I just bought HTC DESIRE, God! that phone is magic kiss kiss kiss
The os is crazy and the apps are just too fantastic, its as if there's an app for everything on the android marketplace
All u blackberry boys, spend a day with android and u'll nevert regret u did! wink
Kindly write below ur own experience with android phone and your favourite app.
Mine is soundhound - its free on the marketplace, though there's a paid version, just hum any song and it will tell u details of the song, fantastic! cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? by kokoboy11(m): 5:16am On Apr 09, 2012
andriod gurus help me, i dont know
how to get pes2O12 on my htc cos the
memory is too much.....and i cant
download because of inconsistency of
mtn am just wasting my data. pls how
can i get this game?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Leopantro: 8:09am On Apr 09, 2012
@kokoboy11, download bluetooth ftp from the market. look for someone that has the data file on phone, ftp to the persons phone using the app and copy the file to your phone. its usually in Android/data/. then install the PES2012 apk with the screen size of your phone. its how I install the game in other phones and tablets from my phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2012
Pls who knws how I can download instagram apk file can't get one for ♍Ɣ phone on google play ..... Thanks in advance
Re: Android, Anyone? by homesfun: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Anyone using sony ericsson x10 mini.
Re: Android, Anyone? by mexzony: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2012
Android for ♍ƺ is very good.ppl shud try it out.i think it is the next big thing in terms of mobile phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? by akaebux(m): 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2012
BRAND NEW HUAWEI IDEOS S7
(Can support SIM card, Aluminium stand, FREE 8gb memory card. Good battery time – Hot selling)

1. Processor: 1GHZ scorpion (Qualcomm Snapdragon)
2. 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3. 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
4. Display 480 x 800 pixels, 7.0 inches
5. WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
6. Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
7. Micro USB v2.0
8. Video-calling
9. Messaging SMS(threaded view)
10. MMS
11. Email
12. Push Mail
13. IM
14. Browser HTML
15. GPS
16. Java via Java MIDP emulator
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- MP4/H.263/H.264 player
- 720p video playback
- Organizer
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input
17. Battery: 2200mAh. Stand-by time Up to 168hrs; Talk time Up to 5hrs

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 09, 2012
all4naija: Guy, don't be greedy to spend little money to fix your phone. Take it to those who can do it for you. If you know you can follow instructions in restoring back your phone simply Google on it. Or go to their website for compatibility and manual on how to fix your phone firmware troubles.
u think am greedy?If i could pay 97k for a phone is that greed.put ur self in my shoe.am trying to know if there is a way out before taking it for repaire.i know what am missing since the phone is no working.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2012
sidwell:
u think am greedy?If i could pay 97k for a phone is that greed.put ur self in my shoe.am trying to know if there is a way out before taking it for repaire.i know what am missing since the phone is no working.
Okay. There is hope! OKAY? I have experienced something of that nature before. Take good care of yourself.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 10, 2012
sidwell:

I've been dere b4. I was squirming all over but you gotta relax cos the phone just needs its rom okay. Download the stock rom flash thru odin n u will b okay
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2012
ReverseTether allows you to access your computer's internet connection on your device via USB, thus, reverse tethering. It's the first and only app of its kind on the Market, no other app does such a thing.

This app may be useful for you if:
- if you don't have a mobile data plan.
- if you have a limited plan and would like to spare your bytes and money whenever you're at home/work/school.
- if you don't have access to wifi / don't need wifi just for your device.
- if you don't trust the security/privacy of your wifi network.
- if your wifi connection is weak, slow or keeps disconnecting.
- if you're sick of eating terrible food at burger places just for wifi access.
- if you would like to access your local network from your device for backups or storage.

Basically, since you're already connected to usb to recharge or sync, why not also have a super fast, unlimited, secure internet connection for no additional charges, for whatever reason, like sync your mail, contacts or calendars, download and update apps, pre-cache maps, use online-only apps/games, etc...

Key features:
- You'll be able to connect to the internet via USB with a single click. No advanced skills required whatsoever.
- The connection will appear on your device as 3G so that all apps including Market function seamlessly as if you're actually connected to 3G.
- It will first guide you in 2 easy steps to setup your computer for it to work.
- No pc-side software installation is needed at all.
- It provides an option to automatically connect as soon as you plug in USB.
- To disconnect, simply unplug USB. To connect again, plug back USB. Voila. Easy.
- A manual configuration option is also available for advanced users.

This app requires:
- A ROOTED android device
- A Tether option in your device.
- A desktop/laptop computer with your device drivers installed (and ability to edit Network Connections, no extra software needed)
- An internet connection
- Patience - a connection may take a few seconds to a few minutes to get established, since there's no direct way to do it but through this trick.

All app permissions are only needed to establish the connection.

Note that this App was not tested on all android devices and might not work on yours, depending on your manufacturer, your carrier's restrictions, your device's configuration or whatnot.

Latest version: build.2012.04.05.paid (for Android version 2.1 and higher)
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2012
personally i have tried the app and it seemed to work.

however i need someone else who is savvy to try something for me without the app.

install the drivers for your device. try usb tethering to see if it works. thats how to confirm if it is.

then disconnect it.

now get your alternative connection LAN or WIFI active.

remove your Sim card from your phone so we can be sure you are not going to use your phone data.

put on the phone, connect the phone via USB and enable usb tethering.

now go to network connections on your pc, rightclick the WIFI or LAN connection, go to sharing tab and share that connection (with the RNDIS device) if it asks for a specific connection
i.e choose the other network connection created by the phone tethering

now try to use your default browser lets see if it works.

im doing this because the app seems to be a clever gimmick and i suspect one can ordinarily do this anyway.

NB: my own experience is that the app claims to emulate the 3G or wifi feature on your phone and will give that symbol when active. but for me that part fails. however i can browse with my default browser, dolphin browser does too but other apps complain that there is no network

i need a second opinion on this and that is why i made the last two posts. please if u dont understand any part of this dont bother, its just a fleeting past time and wont be of much use anyway. but u know some of us like all this kain wahala wink wink wink tongue tongue tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2012
FURTHER EDIT.

turns out when i put in my sim, turned off data and tried it again it successfully completed the emulating 3g part, so hopefully im using my office LAN as my data connection smiley smiley smiley
make e no be say na my precious data i dey rock.

anyway,as a tip for my fellow android rockers, get a bb, use airtel wink wink wink u shocked.
let me break it down for u, before it used to be that u could use ur airtel bb data elsewhere, but they blocked it.
[b]either they have opened it back [/b]or i stumbled on the way to unlock it again.

so now i use a rundown bb (has to be urs or when u subscribe they will migrate ur accts onto the poor victim's bb) to subscribe and put the sim in my android. 1gb for 1,400 naira pronto.

if it does not work, get onto that plan that gives u 10mb per week free or try those trial thingies and get data other than the 1 gb. it should then start working.

just feeling nice today. my easter gift to y'all
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:21am On Apr 10, 2012
i strongly suggest u try this thing with a sim with no data or money on it.

i think it when it put on my data back it was just using my airtel data without discriminating.

but when i service disappeared it continues working. seems it just needs the data option to be on

NB> im using the paid version of the app. dont ask me questions i cant answer like "how did u pay for it and how much" for obvious reasons grin grin grin grin

bact to work. later y'all
Re: Android, Anyone? by KazeKage1: 11:50am On Apr 10, 2012
Some Android devices do NOT have the option of enabling a user enter proxy settings on their phones to access certain networks i.e. proxy wifi-networks. AutoProxy to the rescue, very lite app but very useful
Re: Android, Anyone? by manucho: 12:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
Pls how much is the price of htc wildlife S screen, i sat on the phone yesterday and the screen is broken, i cant do anything on it again even when its ringing i cant pick it cos the touch screen is no more working. I want to know the price and where i can repair it thanks y'all
Re: Android, Anyone? by manucho: 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
Pls how much is the price of htc wildfire S screen, i sat on the phone yesterday and the screen is broken, i cant do anything on it again even when its ringing i cant pick it cos the touch screen is no more working. I want to know the price and where i can repair it thanks y'all
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
ziccoit:

Thank you. The thing de expensive no be small.
Yes now, chop well grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by earthrealm(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
i need the android version of google maps...the thing is a life saver for me on my nokia symbian, but since i migrated to android... wahala dey..the nokia maps worked offline since you cud download all the map data and save in your fone, but on android it needs internet to work all the time!!..drainning ones money...mek una helep me
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
earthrealm: i need the android version of google maps...the thing is a life saver for me on my nokia symbian, but since i migrated to android... wahala dey..the nokia maps worked offline since you cud download all the map data and save in your fone, but on android it needs internet to work all the time!!..drainning ones money...mek una helep me

sometimes i dont know which to think about you, you either like trolling for the fun of it, or by nature you are an hypochondriac.
either way its even more annoying when you do it based on stuff thats plainly not true

google maps on android started supporting offline caching of maps since version 5 since 2010 thereabouts. so its either the version on your fone is a donkey years old or you are plainly lying.

the option clearly has "download area map" in it so?
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2012
4llerbuntu: FURTHER EDIT.

turns out when i put in my sim, turned off data and tried it again it successfully completed the emulating 3g part, so hopefully im using my office LAN as my data connection smiley smiley smiley
make e no be say na my precious data i dey rock.

anyway,as a tip for my fellow android rockers, get a bb, use airtel wink wink wink u shocked.
let me break it down for u, before it used to be that u could use ur airtel bb data elsewhere, but they blocked it.
[b]either they have opened it back [/b]or i stumbled on the way to unlock it again.

so now i use a rundown bb (has to be urs or when u subscribe they will migrate ur accts onto the poor victim's bb) to subscribe and put the sim in my android. 1gb for 1,400 naira pronto.

if it does not work, get onto that plan that gives u 10mb per week free or try those trial thingies and get data other than the 1 gb. it should then start working.

just feeling nice today. my easter gift to y'all

Please do you know if its possible to use the 5k 3gig Airtel bundle meant for modems on my Android?
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2012
of course yes.

use the internet.ng.airtel.com apn
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
4llerbuntu: of course yes.

use the internet.ng.airtel.com apn

OK Na wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
4llerbuntu: ReverseTether allows you to access your computer's internet connection on your device via USB, thus, reverse tethering. It's the first and only app of its kind on the Market, no other app does such a thing.

This app may be useful for you if:
- if you don't have a mobile data plan.
- if you have a limited plan and would like to spare your bytes and money whenever you're at home/work/school.
- if you don't have access to wifi / don't need wifi just for your device.
- if you don't trust the security/privacy of your wifi network.
- if your wifi connection is weak, slow or keeps disconnecting.
- if you're sick of eating terrible food at burger places just for wifi access.
- if you would like to access your local network from your device for backups or storage.

Basically, since you're already connected to usb to recharge or sync, why not also have a super fast, unlimited, secure internet connection for no additional charges, for whatever reason, like sync your mail, contacts or calendars, download and update apps, pre-cache maps, use online-only apps/games, etc...

Key features:
- You'll be able to connect to the internet via USB with a single click. No advanced skills required whatsoever.
- The connection will appear on your device as 3G so that all apps including Market function seamlessly as if you're actually connected to 3G.
- It will first guide you in 2 easy steps to setup your computer for it to work.
- No pc-side software installation is needed at all.
- It provides an option to automatically connect as soon as you plug in USB.
- To disconnect, simply unplug USB. To connect again, plug back USB. Voila. Easy.
- A manual configuration option is also available for advanced users.

This app requires:
- A ROOTED android device
- A Tether option in your device.
- A desktop/laptop computer with your device drivers installed (and ability to edit Network Connections, no extra software needed)
- An internet connection
- Patience - a connection may take a few seconds to a few minutes to get established, since there's no direct way to do it but through this trick.

All app permissions are only needed to establish the connection.

Note that this App was not tested on all android devices and might not work on yours, depending on your manufacturer, your carrier's restrictions, your device's configuration or whatnot.

Latest version: build.2012.04.05.paid (for Android version 2.1 and higher)

Is it free on Android market?

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (112)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.