Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone (33365 Views)

Chinese Man Arrested For Calling Kenya's President, Black People Monkeys / Man Spends 17 Years In Jail Over Resemblance With Real Criminal In US / Man Spends Two Years In Prison After Taking Neighbour To Hospital. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by nedekid: 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
didnt court grant sowore detaintion for 45 days

Sowore was taken to court and based on evidence tenders against him, a detention for 45 days was given.
Who gave the IRT powers to detain a citizen for 33 days without a valid court order? Is there anywhere in his story he said he was taken to court?
Today it is someone else, tomorrow it may be your turn and that is why such illigality must not be condoned.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Advancedman(m): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

So police should stop investigating people?

You are a person of intrest in a possiible homicide / kidnaping / roberry case, you were the last seen with the victim, so police should just let you go without thoroughly investigating you?

Should Police release a suspect without clearing him and he escapes, same Dunce would call police corrupt

No, you missed it they will trace him discreetly invite him and keep him under surveillance cos if he sue now that is a waste of tax payers money.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
kittykollinxx:
After 33 days in police cell, man looks like 33 bottle. Sorry bro. God would replenish you

From seeking for help from a church member to spending one month in prison.. what a wicked world...! In this world there are tribulations....

God will help us...

My bloda, whenever I'm going out , I pray like Elijah on Mount Carmel. Because people are desperately wicked
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
you think irt wouldnt have an arrest warrant from a magistrate before holding a suspect?

I honestly think Police shouldnt do anything when cases are reported, so the big mouthed citizens can solve thier cases themselves

same police that filled an order to NCC and your Bank to be able to establish a case is still the evil here

nedekid:

Sowore was taken to court and based on evidence tenders against him, a detention for 45 days was given.
Who gave the IRT powers to detain a citizen for 33 days without a valid court order? Is there anywhere in his story he said he was taken to court?
Today it is someone else, tomorrow it may be your turn and that is why such illigality must not be condoned.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2019
thats if they dont have a warrant to hold him, and IRT surely do

Advancedman:

No, you missed it they will trace him discreetly invite him and keep him under surveillance cos if he sue now that is a waste of tax payers money.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by nedekid: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
you think irt wouldnt have an arrest warrant from a magistrate before holding a suspect?

I honestly think Police shouldnt do anything when cases are reported, so the big mouthed citizens can solve thier cases themselves

same police that filled an order to NCC and your Bank to be able to establish a case is still the evil here

it's either you are a policeman or you are a very inexperienced fellow that has not seen or experience much for you to reason like this.
I pray you do not fall into same trap that will lead to you being investigated for 33 days.

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
i also pray a principal suspect or witness to a case of your roberry , kidnap, rape assualt isnt release without proper investigation

nedekid:

it's either you are a policeman or you are a very inexperienced fellow that has not seen or experience much for you to reason like this.
I pray you do not fall into same trap that will lead to you being investigated for 33 days.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Godofwonders01: 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
Too bad from the part of the police
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by johncallidon(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
fidelmarshal199:
I think we are gradually losing our conscience in this country. How can a man treats his friend like this just because of suspicion?
My dear the thing tire mhe.
The local man can not can again.

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by SuperKlean(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Jasseyfrd:
In Nigeria I guess 30% of the prisoners are innocent. I have see so many harassment before, I just to make police my friends
abi 60% sef
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Rajosh(m): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

You are a person of intrest in a possiible homicide / kidnaping / roberry case, you were the last seen with the victim, so police should just let you go without thoroughly investigating you?

Should Police release a suspect without clearing him and he escapes, same Dunce would call police corrupt
he was a suspect no doubt but why branding him guilty of the crime without proper investigation? that's unprofessional.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Ferdinand40: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
thats if they dont have a warrant to hold him, and IRT surely do

[/s]
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Ferdinand40: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
i also pray a principal suspect or witness to a case of your roberry , kidnap, rape assualt isnt release without proper investigation

[/s]
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Iampapito: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

So you call detaining somebody in a cell for 33 days "clearance". It seams you are also a police officer Sha. And in case you cannot read the guy was arrested for just calling him. Nigerians will never want to grow intellectually. How can you read such an injustice and try to justify it. I am so disgusted

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
fidelmarshal199:
I think we are gradually losing our conscience in this country. How can a man treats his friend like this just because of suspicion?
if I tell wetin my childhood friend do me 3 weeks ago that am still on it now, you will know that this guy story is even normal, we grow up together, if not that I see it coming na only God for know were I for day now, I went with my friends to see him & I asked him have I offended you before? He was looking at me like status...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by NwaOhafia: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2019
Kali

U brother from the land of the warriors, ohafia
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Neddstark: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
ediko5:

I've been on Nairaland since 2007. 12 years now. You are the only person that have cyber stalked me.

Don't let me report you to DSS. Ask Sowore..

Stalking an average web designer is not a chore. You're notorious for retrograde comments. But saw a good one so had to applaud. Twale baba. Or twale Obong Calabar grin grin grin
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by freemi(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

well. God dey
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by elmagnifico411(m): 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
A police officer spotted. Bruv, na mumu dey worry our police officers.. why lock someone up without pure evidence? They can invite him over for questioning and do.. not arrest with nothing substantial. NMF.. Nigerian mumu force.
solmusdesigns:
angry

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by ABOVEDELAW: 2:15am On Oct 26, 2019
LORD DENNINGS, MASTER OF THE ROLLS, MAY IT HAPPEN TO YOU VERY SOON!

Dexpro:
What the police did on the guy is called risk 'assessment'. The only problem i have with what they did is the time they spent doing their job on him. Being the last caller before the vehicle was snatched virtually makes him a suspect, though putting it to him directly that he called to monitor the vehicle owner is wrong. Unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians don't know the law, let alone channel complaints to the right quarters.

OP, Stay strong.

1 Like

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by capitalzero: 4:33am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:

man, try to read administrative of criminal justice law in Nigeria. in this case, police officers are criminals.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by capitalzero: 4:34am On Oct 26, 2019
ABOVEDELAW:
LORD DENNINGS, MASTER OF THE ROLLS, MAY IT HAPPEN TO YOU VERY SOON!

It would soon happen to him-risk assessment
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by capitalzero: 4:36am On Oct 26, 2019
Adikam:
if I tell wetin my childhood friend do me 3 weeks ago that am still on it now, you will know that this guy story is even normal, we grow up together, if not that I see it coming na only God for know were I for day now, I went with my friends to see him & I asked him have I offended you before? He was looking at me like status...

tell us more. for me, no friends no foes. world is dangerous place
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by therealMcCain: 6:06am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

In the name of investigation, You detain someone for more than a month with the only evidence of being the last caller. May you not be at the receiving end of what you are proposing.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Medanoski(m): 6:30am On Oct 26, 2019
solmusdesigns:
most Dunce just go about saying in saner climes... NYPD budgets $500m usd Nigeria budget just little over 10m usd, yet you want services of people that pay real tax..

Since Police dont have a conprehensive database of citizens, and cant track anybody, should they simply free suspects without finalising thier clearance

Congratulations Mr smart and intelligent. So your submission is that since the police doesn't have a forensic investigative department they should just arrest and haul people in jail indiscriminately even if they are innocent.
For people like you, there's no such thing as wrongful arrest, and the police should arrest just about anyone whenever they feel like it.
You deserve a national award.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 6:35am On Oct 26, 2019
Oga, should a suspect be released without proper clearance and investigation, he posses a huge threat to the victim

Medanoski:
Congratulations Mr smart and intelligent. So your submission is that since the police doesn't have a forensic investigative department they should just arrest and haul people in jail indiscriminately even if they are innocent.
For people like you, there's no such thing as wrongful arrest, and the police should arrest just about anyone whenever they feel like it.
You deserve a national award.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Medanoski(m): 6:42am On Oct 26, 2019
Seriously!!!
Lack of proper psychological orientation has dealt us a fatal blow in this country. The reason I strongly feel like there's no hope for Nigeria is not because of the political class but because of the mindset of the citizens. I give up.[Qquote author=voltron14 post=83454798]

Never said so.

The police are primitive, yes.

But it doesn't mean the guy is innocent.[/quote]
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Medanoski(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2019
Don't worry, since you think it is ok to arrest and detain someone for more than 3 months just for making an honest phone call, it will soon be your portion.
solmusdesigns:
Oga, should a suspect be released without proper clearance and investigation, he posses a huge threat to the victim

Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by solmusdesigns: 6:54am On Oct 26, 2019
33 day is a month and 3 days.. may every criminal that violates you also be released.. since we are dishing out curses

Medanoski:
Don't worry, since you think it is ok to arrest and detain someone for more than 3 months just for making an honest phone call, I will soon be your portion.
Re: Man Spends 33 Days In Jail Just For Calling Someone On Phone by Medanoski(m): 7:02am On Oct 26, 2019
Las Las na ekelebe you be. Sorry I even attempted to argue with you. We know who the real criminals are in this country.
solmusdesigns:
33 day is a month and 3 days.. may every criminal that violates you also be released.. since we are dishing out curses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UBA Policeman Beats Up Customer In Lagos, Attempts To Stab Him In Banking Hall / One Chance Attack Witnessed Live In Abuja (video) / ALUU Community Recounts Its Losses After Student's Rampage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.