Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,747 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41683 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 11:49am On Nov 16, 2010
iice:

grin grin grin

There is also a saying that home is where the heart is.  Some people find their place in this world, it may be where they grew up, it may be somewhere they visited, or the place they settled.  

A place you visited = you are just a visitor.
A place you settled = you are a but a settler.
A place you grew up = you are a temporal resident.
Place of your ancestors = your home.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by REALTRUTH1: 11:56am On Nov 16, 2010
frankkky:

to add to what i said before,look the world is coming to an endamerican and europe have all abandoned GOD,do you know why america is so blessed,'because this is was a nation founded on GOD,but today what is happening?those nations that were formerly look down upon by the western world are now rising up and ruling the world market,check out china,today america is owing china money,today america is heavily in indebted,look at recent market crash that almost brought europe to its knees but look at india today they are growing rapidly
The sad truth you would need to know is that,,,a very large percentage of Americans are true christians compare to the madness(penterascalism) we have in Nigeria.
Also you werer talking about China,,,,China does not believe in God in the Bible or the Quaran,,,,the worship Idol,,,over 95% of China worships Buddha,,,,so may be Nigerians should turn to Buddha too to get bette since we don't have an identity,,,,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by iice(f): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

A place you visited = you are just a visitor.
A place you settled = you are a but a settler.
A place you grew up = you are a temporal resident.
Place of your ancestors = your home.

Semantics.
. . .where the 'heart' is. . .
Just like everything else, humans are ruled by what society dictates to them cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

Is this the lagos you want me to come now,,,,,I love naija but we have a lot work to do do,,,,,check the link below

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011162501275

As if you make money from clean American roads? All may not be well in naija but we are improving, making more money everyday and enjoying them too. Some people have never been on those roads you posted.
You make it sound like they want you to come back and hawk pure water on the broken down road. Fashola is trying.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
iice:

Semantics.
. . .where the 'heart' is. . .
Just like everything else, humans are ruled by what society dictates to them cheesy cheesy

And if your heart has left your real home, you obviously have a problem that has to do with your 'foundation'. This has nothing to do with what the society dictates, some things can never be thought to man, like a day old child learning to suck her mum's bre@ts milk.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by iice(f): 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

And if your heart has left your real home, you obviously have a problem that has to do with your 'foundation'. This has nothing to do with what the society dictates, some things can never be thought to man, like a day old child learning to suck her mum's bre@ts milk.

If it pleases you to besmirch my 'foundation', please have some moet to go with it.
But then in your case it doesn't have anything to do with your 'foundation'. I thank the good jah for my 'foundation'. . .tufia for me to turn out so cheesy. Yes somethings can never be thought. . .like feeling at home in a place other than where you were born. It has nothing to do with the infrastructure or the people. . .it's a feeling of being home, a rightness. Unless you know someone who has that feeling, you will never understand what i mean. Which is a common thing anyway.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2010
iice:

If it pleases you to besmirch my 'foundation', please have some moet to go with it.
But then in your case it doesn't have anything to do with your 'foundation'. I thank the good jah for my 'foundation'. . .tufia for me to turn out so cheesy. Yes somethings can never be thought. . .like feeling at home in a place other than where you were born. It has nothing to do with the infrastructure or the people. . .it's a feeling of being home, a rightness. Unless you know someone who has that feeling, you will never understand what i mean. Which is a common thing anyway.

I do not wish to know someone personally, who has so lost her identity as to create another identity out of playing a second class citizen.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

invisible!:

I do not wish to know someone personally, who has so lost her identity as to create another identity out of playing a second class citizen.

Noble sentiments, but obviously not altruist.

Most Nigerians don't really like home, we just say we do. Is it the natural environment, the people, or the culture? Nobody really likes the place. Which is why people jump on a plane any time they have the chance.

It's just like what Morgan Freeman said in the Shawshank movie, about prison walls: 'First you hate them. Then you get used to them. Enough time passes, then you begin to depend on them.' That to me is the mindset of the average Nigerian. I know you're all gonna vehemently deny this grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2010
@OvieE
You are just a stark illiterate. Why didn't you go to school before travelling out. All your posts have been very incoherent and full of grammatical blunders and unforgivable spelling errors putting aside the fact that they were not well thought out before presented to the forum.
Please register for adult education over there. No matter how old you are I don't think its too late. Find time, cancel one of the 5 jobs you do everyday to attend classes/lectures. It will help you so that even if you are going to post shit, it will be well presented. The truth is bitter.
I love you with agape/Nigerian love. God bless you.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

You are so full of your blinkered nonsense you don't realise it anymore. How can you with your limited experience possibly know what another person's mindset or view point is?

It is this kind of narrow minded nonsense that makes me realise that some problems are simply not meant to be solved.

As an aside, there are millions of Nigerians treated as second class or even fourth class citizens within their own country. Being killed for bearing the wrong name or adhering to the wrong religion, being denied job opportunities because they don't speak the right Nigerian language or happen to be from the wrong side of the Niger.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by AjanleKoko: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2010
debosky:

As an aside, there are millions of Nigerians treated as second class or even fourth class citizens within their own country. Being killed for bearing the wrong name or adhering to the wrong religion, being denied job opportunities because they don't speak the right Nigerian language or happen to be from the wrong side of the Niger.

I think the issue is feelings. Nobody wants to feel bad about whatever decisions they took, so they go all out to defend their choices.
Were they really choices? Most people didn't go or stay because they felt like it, there are certain realities that every Nigerian has to face. Denying those realities is what i consider to be ridiculous. Why deny the truth?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2010
debosky:

You are so full of your blinkered nonsense you don't realise it anymore. How can you with your limited experience possibly know what another person's mindset or view point is?

It is this kind of narrow minded nonsense that makes me realise that some problems are simply not meant to be solved.

What I dont like is when people go out and blow their short fuses just for comments made on free forums. Another persons viewpoint ceases to be just that immediately they voice it out, it becomes an opinion capable of misleading inexperienced ones out there to sell their fathers house and blow the cash on one lonely foreign country.
The Nigerians killed in Nigeria died at home, and its no crime dying to defend your fatherland, just like bible days. I never saw an Israelite who died fighting for Babylon.
I dont think up to a million Nigerians have been killed for the wrong reasons, even during the civil war.

Go easy on things so you dont burst an artery.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
AjanleKoko:

I think the issue is feelings. Nobody wants to feel bad about whatever decisions they took, so they go all out to defend their choices.
Were they really choices? Most people didn't go or stay because they felt like it, there are certain realities that every Nigerian has to face. Denying those realities is what i consider to be ridiculous. Why deny the truth?

Eggzactly! I love your 'sitting on the fence' approach.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

As if you make money from clean American roads? All may not be well in naija but we are improving, making more money everyday and enjoying them too. Some people have never been on those roads you posted.
You make it sound like they want you to come back and hawk pure water on the broken down road. Fashola is trying.

My friend, since you didn't go to school, let me rephrase that word trying. Trying is another word for failure. Either he can do or not period.

As of 2010 people still living in hell. Good post REAL TRUTH .
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
Both 'sides' can easily end up denying the truth - either by painting their situation to be rosier than it is in reality, or trying to paint the other side (abroad/at home) to be so bad that their current situation appears tenable or acceptable.

In the end, this tends to reduce to an ego boosting session - I have big houses at home while you live in 4 by 6 boxes abroad. I have 24 hours electricity abroad while you shout up NEPA 20 times a day and so on.

People have different viewpoints and different experiences - attempts to over generalize will always fail. Not everyone in Nigeria is living in grinding poverty, but a lot are, not everyone abroad is doing as well as they want to, but some are.

It is very unlikely that you'll get many people admitting on a thread like this that they 'regretted' going abroad. . . human pride will not allow it, unless of course they've returned to Nigeria, have made it big and can now boast about that. grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by invisible2(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2010
OvieE:

My friend, since you didn't go to school, let me rephrase that word trying. Trying is another word for failure. Either he can do or not period.

As of 2010 people still living in hell. Good post REAL TRUTH .

Since you went to school, let me put it to you that Bush was a failure since he didnt catch Osama, and Obama is also a failure for not returning the US to economic prosperity.
You are also a failure for not making as much money as Bill Gates, despite all your 'trying'.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2010
Anybody living abroad is a slave to the white man. A glorified slave. Our forefathers were the first to travel out as slaves as early as the 14th century. So nothing new. The only thing is they went through unrefined hell while you guys are going through refined hell and are forced to enjoy it with the rider that where you are coming from isn't any better.
Continue to suffer sorry enjoy your abroad experience. One thing is certain you will either choose to return home yourself or you will be brought back in a coffin which is far more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2010
PStylish:

Anybody living abroad is a slave to the white man. A glorified slave. Our forefathers were the first to travel out as slaves as early as the 14th century. So nothing new. The only thing is they went through unrefined hell while you guys are going through refined hell and are forced to enjoy it with the rider that where you are coming from isn't any better.
Continue to suffer sorry enjoy your abroad experience. One thing is certain you will either choose to return home yourself or you will be brought back in a coffin which is far more expensive.

Did you just say that?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by OvieE: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

Since you went to school, let me put it to you that Bush was a failure since he didnt catch Osama, and Obama is also a failure for not returning the US to economic prosperity.
You are also a failure for not making as much money as Bill Gates, despite all your 'trying'.

My friend, have I ever tell you that I traveled because of money. I have houses in Lagos, Delta states and business in Nigeria that make my family enough money. I have a good job in US, house plus business starting up. I may not write like an intelligent person but don't let if fool you. In this life, you don't have to be rich to live a good life but Nigeria is the opposite to life a poor man in the street of America lived. Can Nigeria go to another man country to catch a common man not to start a war in another country?. US fought two wars yet still cancal Nigeria debt but as usual nothing never last; Nigeria is swimming in debt again. USA is in debt but you can see the result of the debt every corner of America streets. Despite US being in debt, every country in the world still look for US to survive.  Obama came to power at a wrong time yet he didn't give up unlike the lazy leader in Nigeria who are waiting for US dollar through oil and steal the money.

Go figure.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2010
Did you just say that?
Don't take it that way. I mean't everybody is going to die someday no matter how long you live weather home or abroad. But I think its better to die at home. Unfortunately, our fellows abroad are not thinking like that.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by jaybee3(m): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2010
^^^^
What's the definition of Home
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by debosky(m): 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
As if there are no graveyards 'in abroad'. grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2010
PStylish:

Don't take it that way. I mean't everybody is going to die someday no matter how long you live weather home or abroad. But I think its better to die at home. Unfortunately, our fellows abroad are not thinking like that.

What do you want to do with my dead body? Does it really matter where one died and buried?

You are such a sad human being.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by iice(f): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

You obviously know me enough to know i've lost my identity and a second class citizen. And the diatribe keeps on pouring

invisible!:

What I dont like is when people go out and blow their short fuses just for comments made on free forums. Another persons viewpoint ceases to be just that immediately they voice it out, it becomes an opinion capable of misleading inexperienced ones out there to sell their fathers house and blow the cash on one lonely foreign country.
The Nigerians killed in Nigeria died at home, and its no crime dying to defend your fatherland, just like bible days. I never saw an Israelite who died fighting for Babylon.
I dont think up to a million Nigerians have been killed for the wrong reasons, even during the civil war.

Go easy on things so you dont burst an artery.

Oh poor souls of the dead. Their senseless deaths is now justified
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by WAVixen: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2010
invisible!:

I know two elderly people like that. Five years ago when I wanted to move abroad, one had to travel back just to advice me, (an uncle) there were tears in his eyes when he told me that the worst thing that will happen to his life is to allow me go out there and repeat his mistakes he made when he was my age. The tears of that old man was part of the things that made me stay back here. Now when he calls, he says "you see, I think I told you to stay back"

Dont hate the player, hate the game. Na who no get money dey say beer bitter! Why did you want to leave Nigeria? Do you know that some people have the best of both Worlds? You are rude and lack manners in the delivery of your opinion, it must not be so.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2010
we are known the world over for pretending that we are in ecstacy when in actual fact we are in agony, the truth of the matter is that if our country were a good place to live none of us would have left to go and live in countries where we are treated shabbily. I dont care what sort of job you claim to be doing in the west as long as you are a black man you will not be treated in the same way that whites are treated. Many delusional nigerians keep blowing hot air about how they have fantastic jobs and lifestyles in america and europe, this simply does not add up as the majority of nigerians that i have come across in both continents are not living in this way.

But lets just say for the sake of argument that that is the case, what happens when they start laying off thousands of immigrants, what happens to our so called palatial (mortgaged) mansions and comfortable lifestyles?

The reason i ask this is becasue western countries are now implementing some of the harshest austerity measures in 50 years - the first casualties of such measures will be immigrants, do you think that a white man will give you a job when thousands of his own people are on the dole?

Where do we run to when that happens- id appreciate a direct answer please.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2010
[b]
cap28:

we are known the world over for pretending that we are in ecstacy when in actual fact we are in agony, the truth of the matter is that if our country were a good place to live none of us would have left to go and live in countries where we are treated shabbily. I dont care what sort of job you claim to be doing in the west as long as you are a black man you will not be treated in the same way that whites are treated. Many delusional nigerians keep blowing hot air about how they have fantastic jobs and lifestyles in america and europe, this simply does not add up as the majority of nigerians that i have come across in both continents are not living in this way.
But lets just say for the sake of argument that that is the case, what happens when they start laying off thousands of immigrants, what happens to our so called palatial (mortgaged) mansions and comfortable lifestyles? The reason i ask this is becasue western countries are now implementing some of the harshest austerity measures in 50 years - the first casualties of such measures will be immigrants, do you think that a white man will give you a job when thousands of his own people are on the dole?
Where do we run to when that happens- id appreciate a direct answer please.
[/b] When are u moving back to Nigeria?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
justwise:

[b][/b] When are u moving back to Nigeria?

next month
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2010
cap28:

next month
Is that not too far? Considering ur view about living abroad, i thought u would have gone back yrs ago.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2010
justwise:

Is that not too far? Considering your view about living abroad, i thought u would have gone back yrs ago.

is that how you run your life? i prefer to plan in advance, its always good to have a contingency plan my friend.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2010
justwise:

Is that not too far? Considering your view about living abroad, i thought u would have gone back yrs ago.

by the way, would it be asking for too much if asked you to answer my previous question?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2010
cap28:

is that how you run your life? i prefer to plan in advance, its always good to have a contingency plan my friend.

Before you left Nigeria u knew u coming to a 'white man' country, you also knew they will treated 'shabbily' but you choose to hang around in 'white man' country. If i were you, i would have gone back yrs ago, i bet you will still be in the UK after next month moaning about 'white man'

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34)

United Nigeria Airline Arrives Enugu With Dikeora On Board / Suspected Yahoo Boys Kill Furniture Apprentice With Toyota Camry In Delta (Pix) / Thread For France Prospective Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.