Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) (27661 Views)

Poll: Which region has the best dancers?

Africa (west): 57% (26 votes)
Africa (Central): 20% (9 votes)
Africa (south): 2% (1 vote)
Caribbean: 13% (6 votes)
North American (Afro.): 2% (1 vote)
Latin America (Afro.): 4% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Best Musicians !(friendly Rivalry) / Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? / Similarities Between Yoruba And Bini (edo) Dancers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by kony1(m): 6:44am On Dec 05, 2011
When i have the time i will post some tunes.   Gladly.
And as for Jamaican talent, Jamaica is FULL of talent always has been and always will because talent is a human thing. There are folks we may NEVER hear or see who if given the chance to show what they 'got' would absolutely blow us away so never you believe Aretha, ella or who ever "is it" just because they are known and 'american'. That is garbage and nothing logical about that.

If you had time to write all that than you had time to find a quick video lol. The truth is there are no videos. Definently no videos of jamaicans singing american songs "Better" as you put it.Im pretty sure talent is mostly a "human thing" but the talent in america was/is off the charts. I highly doubt jamaica or any island in the caribbean had better singers than african american females. Gospel and the black church had much to do with that. A random jamaican someplace somewhere might be just as good or not, thats irrelevant the point is no such person exist or did exist your delusional

OK wtf are you talking about? Sugar Minott's NO ONE, John Holt's ANY WHERE YOU WANT TO GO, and Dennis Brown's EQUAL RIGHTS; etc. are PERFECT examples of Caribbean music WITH European instruments!! In fact European instruments are part of the foundation of our musics!! We Caribbeans and Afro.latins just held on to and stressed our African influence/ rhythm by keeping the drums and making our music more dance-able.

This was a waste of post. All of these acts are recent. Jazz was already ancient by their time. Of course over the century, jazz music evolved to incorporate different cultures. The lionshare of true caribbean influenced jazz came about around the fifties/sixties. My whole point is the notion that caribbeans had something to do with its creation is absurd.

So. . .now you are implying Fela Kuti's music would not have been if it were not for AAs, abi? HILARITY  . You nor born well at all. Regardless of how you twist or mix the ingredients, banana porridge is banana porridge. Jazz is a fusion of different cultures and yes it was blended in[i] America but it is still ultimately of African influence[/i], which is why Fela was able to 'feel it', because it was part of his history too. 

Just like caribbeans, we 'feel' American music because it is part of us as well. There is no back packing about it, it's just facts.

I can say the same thing about jazz and caribbeans/africans lol. What a hypocrite. Basically what your saying is african and caribbeans can be authentic but african americans just have to have "roots" from somewhere lol. Jazz is not ultimately african influence, jazz is an american art form created by black americans. Lol theres a huge lack of respect for african american culture and im calling you out on it. Not everything AAs have done have "roots" somewhere

[quote]and where did Jazz come from? former slaves from America, the caribbean and the Europeans! and where did these slaves come from Kony? Caribbeans, AAs, and Africans are connected to this day as a result of music WHY? because we are the same damn people. Whether it is one count, 'one drop' or what ever the ultimate reason why we have rhythm is because of our ancestry. Jazz music is simply a fusion of the three cultures and their unique styles as well as European. Jazz is not 100 percent American. It was only remixed and made popular here.

Of course aa and cbs stem from the same west african source. But we are of different cultures. One made jazz the other made reggae. Jazz is american, made by african americans. And reggae by jamaicans. Though aas influenced reggae, you dont hear aa's claiming reggae, saying it has aa roots lol. Yet your trying to sit up here and say jazz has caribbean roots.Smh

and you have the nerve to highlight the African AMERICAN part but failed to highlight Europe and Africa? lol. What happened to 'No African influence' and 'all American'? Like I said the ultimate root to all black music is Africa but as far as African Americans and caribbeans are concerned we influenced each other equally from rap to reggae; etc and Jazz is no different.

Both the african and european parts are bullsht. The european part comes from whites who want to be included in what maybe the best music form in the modern age. According to them aa using european instruments=european influence lol. The african part most likely comes from AA themselves, our community is obsessed with connecting anything and everything we do to africa. Makes us feel more ethnic and authentic that way. The reality is none of the early pioneers-the people who actually created jazz-none of them were either african or european. Very Telling

[quoteHere you go again with the r3tarded "why cant you name like we can" 5th grade logic. What a fo0l. Native Americans created soccer and yet when we think of soccer we think of Beckham, Ronaldo, Eto'o and Gyan. Why is that? publicity and ignorance. the average person does not know the root of soccer but they love the sport, obviously you don't know the root about your own culture, yet you want to brag about it. Pretty sad]

This doesnt make sense. Why dont we just say cavemen made jazz than. Jazz's body of work in its creation and development is african american

"What do you mean what is the 'excuse'? What excuse? My tiny island is very much relevant. Enough for MTV to even broadcast beefs between dancehall artists, news on Jamaican entertainment and even recently the rumor of vibes Kartel 'escaping from prison'. Not to mention how a lot of rappers are sending tracks to Jamaica for artists to voice on them. Gyptian, who is a relatively quiet and reserved Rastafarian reggae, artist's track 'hold yuh' was NOT supposed to be mainstream in America and yet in New York alone since it's debut on Hot 97, for a YEAR straight it was played and requested non stop before the rest of the country even heard it! Americans who don't even understand patois download it like crazy! And that is just ONE example of one track out of many of his songs and the genre at large! So what do you mean "irrelevant" and "excuse"?  Reggae and dancehall are VERY popular forms of music because they are relate-able and good art forms. It's 2011 and due to networking and migration we are able to put our music out there unlike in the past. You are playing yourself if you think "Rap" and "r&b" makes AAs more superior in music. In fact I know you are deluded"

The only blacks that listen to reggae in the states on any considerable level are new yorkers and east coast blacks. AA fck with reggae here and there but thats not the point i was trying to make. You said AA music is well known because of America. Caribbean music can use america,great britain etc yet its still no where near as big as AA music. Most people cant name 5 reggae artist that changed music or five period. Bob marley is your only global recognized icon. AA have a laundry list of them. Nobody gives a fck about some ngga named kartel. Really

Lol!!   they "relate" to it because it is a representation of the American culture: MIXED! lol the roots of "American music" are not American at all r3tard. that is why ppl can relate.

So we gone sit here and act like african americans(the people who made these genres) are on some united nations sht and not americans. We are extremely extremely american lol. Especially compared to the rest of the diaspora. We are by far the least "African" through out the diaspora

how old are you? com'on. Are you really that slow? Stevie wonder and prince(ss)  are both good no doubt but they are definitely NOT the best America has to offer and there are artists from all over the world who have outsold both artists and others who may or may not be known who perhaps even sounds better but that is a matter of opinion. Just because you are stuck in your irrelevant and sad world does not mean the rest of us are. Talking about Africans and Caribbeans "leech" off of African American culture and yet both groups excel in America and in fact do not even 'rate' AAs like that. Listening to the music because it relates to them is not the same as wanting to be like or 'worshipping' AAs. The average African and caribbean person do not even think about AAs

Never said they were the best america has to offer, thats the whole point. One can make an argument easily for stevie though. How many artist from the caribbean have made better music than them. The only artist anywhere near stevie and prince is yet again bob marley. Those artist alone can impress more than caribbean music. I stand  by what i said. I would say the average cb and african, especially the youth follow AA more than we do them

LOL you obviously FAILED history class.   The majority of M.G.'s journey was in latin America and Africa which is why so many Africans love and respect the prophet and named places, organizations and recolored their flags in his honour. The 'Black Star Line' was the first black owned, published, and circulated Black Newspaper on the planet and was so popular in Africa Ghana added the black star to its flag. M.G. also gave Afro. Latinos a voice. He only came to America because AAs were too afraid of 'massa' to stand up. He offered and gave them a chance to stand up and what did they do? teamed up with the FBI and sought after his deportation and succeeded.   Then took the credit for the 'back to Africa' mission and the founding of Liberia but fail to mention Marcus Garvey's ships were what transported a lot of the ppl from America TO Liberia. Funny huh

This basically proves my point. Just about all those countries, that  loved garvey so much, are still thirdworld cesspools with corupt black leadership. These blacks are ironically fleeing and tripping over themselves to come to  Martin Luther King.civil rights induced United States. So in a way even africans and caribbeans benefit from king more than garvey lol. He accomplished nothing not here not overseas.

Its funny someone who lives in the south(north carolina) can try to belittle mlk[/quote]

This is actually going to be my last post on the subject for a minute. So any response wont be read for awhile. Im traveling out of nyc today and wont be back for a min
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
Lol I am using my phone and simply dont have the time to find videos and covert codes. You aint that special. Anyway when I am bored I will respond to your worwor post  tongue
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 10, 2011
*update* 12/10/11 i read everything you said and you ain't said NOTHING new.
completely ignored facts as usual. Not even worth it.

lmao!! Gospel my azz!  grin talent is talent!! here's only FEW!!! A FEW exs of Jamaican talent.  smiley
Reggae, r&b, what ever. Versatility and raw talent.  smiley And you never heard of ANY OF THEM, so I am sure
you will use that to say they are not good enough.  grin fo0L.

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMv-It02k0c?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvfX01cIFI?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBdHl3SZNQs?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUyhHv9IKRw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyCT8ASQQjE?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7C8c93todg?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfddpJsYSnU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u_f3PGurmc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]
^^ These two are UK based and were once in a group together but still Jamo and talented. ^^

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDMtdixYDK4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJOQWXhdZo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pREfHe7A3ak?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQVGE7m9RPY?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

last video: he remixed like three or four american songs into ONE. now that's talent.  cool

I just wasted my time posting these tho. . .
and Jazz is also of caribbean origin. I'm not implying, im telling you. Talking about Jazz came about before caribbeans came when caribbeans been in the states since the 1700s. Don't even know basic history and want to challenge me. When we caribbeans been in the caribbean/latin america since the damn 1500s.  grin Then you say American jazz came from african and european instruments now you say its a lie? Typical.  tongue
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by ADM1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2011
While I don't agree with kony on everything, especially the black American supremacy nonsense, jazz music was a black American creation. The pioneers and creators of jazz weren't Caribbean.

1 Like

Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 07, 2012
A.D.M.:

While I don't agree with kony on everything, especially the black American supremacy nonsense, [IN MY OPINION ]jazz music was a black American creation. The pioneers and creators of jazz weren't Caribbean.

that's your problem.  wink

@kony aka darapture how is your igbo baby mama?  grin

btw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_mama  grin grin
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by DaRapture: 6:39am On Jan 09, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

that's your problem.  wink

@kony aka darapture how is your igbo baby mama?  grin

btw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_mama  grin grin

Whoa, keep my name out your mouth, you curry goat. I don't think I've even touched this topic, yet. undecided
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
DaRapture:

Whoa, keep my name out your mouth, you curry goat. I don't think I've even touched this topic, yet.   undecided

na your pickin father you are calling a curry BUSH goat.
Kony aka DaRapture, jobless fo0L.

anyway @ topic:

south african traditional dance.
i LOVE IT!!  smiley

[flash=500,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF92Ua0Van0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

I love how southern and central eastern Africans have kept to their traditional ways.
From the Maasi in Kenya to the Dinka in Sudan to the Tshawne in South Africa and even the various tribes in Botswana. I love this. This is the Africa that my ancestors came from and would remember  smiley the Africa I would like to know, not that black berry, latest car, anything westernized craze shiet.  tongue

who all wants to be offended by anything i've said on this thread can kicks rocks and frigg off. the truth hurts, lick your wounds and bounce!! cheesy
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Ilamina(f): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

anyway @ topic:

south african traditional dance.
i LOVE IT!!  smiley

[flash=500,270]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF92Ua0Van0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

I love how southern and central eastern Africans have kept to their traditional ways.
From the Maasi in Kenya to the Dinka in Sudan to the Tshawne in South Africa and even the various tribes in Botswana. I love this. This is the Africa that my ancestors came from and would remember  smiley the Africa I would like to know, not that black berry, latest car, anything westernized craze shiet.  tongue

who all wants to be offended by anything i've said on this thread can kicks rocks and frigg off. the truth hurts, lick your wounds and bounce!!  cheesy

Hey Miss Jamo,  U shld watch "Shaka Zulu" the best african movie ever made. I remember watching the movie when I was little with my parents back in the UK. I was so excited to see the movie on youtube. I love zulu South african culture. the movie is about the greatest African King and how he bulit the most powerful empire in Africa, the zulu kingdom.  Shaka Zulu (romance, action, adventure etc) all in it

there is also this Congolese that came out last year "Viva Riva" u might like it. the movie has a lot of steaming explict sex scenes. for an African movie u will surprised more x rated than ghanaian movies. the sex scenes were wonderfully acted-hollywood standard. Anyways the movie won almost all the awards at the African movie awards in Nigeria last year  . .
http://www.movie2k.to/Viva-Riva-subtitled-watch-movie-876101.html  <<<<thats the movie link if you are interested

PART 1
[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN7pc-ZgWBk?version=3&amp[/flash]

PART 2
[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=revBnIFMYWc?version=3&amp[/flash]
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
^^yes!! i actually have the Shaka Zulu mini series featuring Mr.Henry Cele (r.i.p).

i ABSOLUTELY love it!! smiley (i actually skip the parts with the europeans though! grin)
but i will check out the Congolese flick for sure!! smiley

Thanks for sharing!! cheesy
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Ilamina(f): 4:23am On Jan 16, 2012
Yes I will soon make a thread about African movies that are not Nigerian.  I love seeing African movies since I am so used 2 Nigerian movies. I just watched a Malian movie and it wasnt that bad tongue

theres this ethiopian new movie, its a big hit in the Ethiopian-East African community @ the US. well it looks okay but its kinds 2 westernized and 2 fake undecided. but still gonna try and watch it.  Trey Songs girlfriend iz the lead girl in the movie

[flash=450,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCXIUZeG500?version=3&amp[/flash]
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by DaRapture: 5:23am On Jan 16, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Humm, I guess you were attempting to say that I'm the one who's a Curry goat. Humm, well how original of you, Jamakata girl. By the way, your father must of had some very strong genes, because you look a lot like your average AA girl, and not much like most Jamaican females I've seen.
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by kony1(m): 11:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
LOL Im back. Jazz is an american construct so is the blues, sio is rand b,funk,hip hop etc. AA are simply better at the art of musi than caribbeans. Your not "TELLING" me anything, IM TELLING you that all of jazza early pioneers and creators were of american(aa) origin. This is common knowledge to people who know music but some how lost upon u. U are the only one who believes that non sense. All the early pioneers/creators were aa so what room does that leave for jazz(americas first original music genre) to be carribbean. You are an i, diot

AA influenced caribbeans and africans in music than the other way around
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 12:24am On May 16, 2012
@k.o.n.y aka DaRapture: Back? lol You were ALWAYS here! grin And if anything you're the idi0t. You don't even know about American history much less black history on a whole.

For the LAST time, the creators of Jazz (Lousiana Creoles) ARE in America but are more Caribbean in culture than Black Americans who have been here since the first Africans set foot on North American soil...which is fact. In fact most Creoles can DIRECTLY trace their ancestry to the Greater Antilles (mostly Haiti). You ever hear of the "Louisiana Purchase"? If you did you'd know Louisiana and Florida were once considered "West Indian territories".

Even to this day it's all the same from food to dialects to our belief in central African voodoo. Even as far as South Carolina, there are AAs who speak a form of "patois" known as "Gullah". They are very closely related to the other creoles of the Americas such as the French Creoles and the Garifuna because of one key element...."THE CARIBBEAN!" cool. What binds a people? AGAIN: Music, Language and Food. So anyway you try to put it Caribbean influence has been in America since the slave trade. How? It's simple. Whites traded slaves between north and south america more often than they did across the Atlantic. Also as America became colonized, more British slave owners along with a few Spanish and French migrated to the interior and brought their Caribbean slaves with them. So you see, Blacks in America are far more heterogeneous than you'd like to admit but that's your damn problem.

You can only try to educate fools, but you can't make them abandon their foolish ways. So honestly I'm tired and done.

btw I do favor my dad. And? I am still Jamaican by my mother's side. cheesy

>>> JUNE/15/2012 UPDATE: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hist&action=display&thread=451#ixzz1xsP9LvWy

Educate yourself Kony. wink
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 12:36am On May 16, 2012
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Fulaman198(m): 4:40am On May 16, 2012
Here is some traditional Fulani dancing done in Cameroon, I like dances traditional, notice how the men and women respond to each other in dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX54uzr68lU

I also like the traditional takamba dance of the Songhai/Zarma in Niger and Mali:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npPnpINBrps

Africa has so many gifts, it's a shame some cultures want to give up their traditional dances in favour of Westernized nonsense.
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by DaRapture: 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @k.o.n.y aka DaRapture: Back? lol You were ALWAYS here! grin And if anything you're the idi0t. You don't even know about American history much less black history on a whole.

For the LAST time, the creators of Jazz (Lousiana Creoles) ARE in America but are more Caribbean in culture than Black Americans who have been here since the first Africans set foot on North American soil...which is fact. In fact most Creoles can DIRECTLY trace their ancestry to the Greater Antilles (mostly Haiti). You ever hear of the "Louisiana Purchase"? If you did you'd know Louisiana and Florida were once considered "West Indian territories".

Even to this day it's all the same from food to dialects to our belief in central African voodoo. Even as far as South Carolina, there are AAs who speak a form of "patois" known as "Gullah". They are very closely related to the other creoles of the Americas such as the French Creoles and the Garifuna because of one key element...."THE CARIBBEAN!" cool. What binds a people? AGAIN: Music, Language and Food. So anyway you try to put it Caribbean influence has been in America since the slave trade. How? It's simple. Whites traded slaves between north and south america more often than they did across the Atlantic. Also as America became colonized, more British slave owners along with a few Spanish and French migrated to the interior and brought their Caribbean slaves with them. So you see, Blacks in America are far more heterogeneous than you'd like to admit but that's your damn problem.

You can only try to educate fools, but you can't make them abandon their foolish ways. So honestly I'm tired and done.

>>> JUNE/15/2012 UPDATE: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=hist&action=display&thread=451#ixzz1xsP9LvWy

That was the most corrupted and asinine ish I've read in a long azz time. You need to stop smoking that ganja you confused curry chickenhead. Your words show total disrespect to your father and his Black-American culture; you should be ashamed of yourself. angry
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by DaRapture: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2012
Fulaman198: Here is some traditional Fulani dancing done in Cameroon, I like dances traditional, notice how the men and women respond to each other in dance:

I also like the traditional takamba dance of the Songhai/Zarma in Niger and Mali:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npPnpINBrps

Africa has so many gifts, it's a shame some cultures want to give up their traditional dances in favour of Westernized nonsense.

So your use of the word "traditional" is to say that you feel as though our form of dance isn't traditional? Are being a hypocrite once again? undecided
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
@darapture,, you fried chicken with extra hot sauce eating oloshi grin

the truth is out there. go find it if you have doubts my dude. otherwise shut ya trap.

i am half black american but it doesn't mean i should sugar coat and side with you on this "aa supremacy" crap.

that WON'T go down!!

@topic check out these congolese babes. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VUVOynEPX8

I would post some Werrasun videos but they are too damn long!! grin

15 minute music videos GTFOH!! undecided
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Blyss: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @darapture,, you fried chicken with extra hot sauce eating oloshi grin

the truth is out there. go find it if you have doubts my dude. otherwise shut ya trap.

i am half black american but it doesn't mean i should sugar coat and side with you on this "aa supremacy" crap.

that WON'T go down!!

Proof? Ha, I laugh in Patios. No it's your azz in which you have out there, and far from the truth. Aint it just like a half breed, such as yourself to continuously bad mouth one side of themselves in their attempt to make themselves seem more accepted in their favored side. cheesy I've been observing you and see clearly that you have classic mixed up Mulatto syndrome, in cultural form as apposed to racial. You're about as Jamaican as the macaroni and cheese, collard greens and corn bread served at the Jamaican Buffet down the way from my house. cheesy You're little more than a confused one of the thousands of AA half breeds lost in limbo, looking for an identity to latch on to.

You want to feel special and different, so you try your hardest to latch on to some Jamo gibberish, and make every attempt at badmouthing who you REALLY are, an AA plain and simple.. and talking up that in which you're clearly not, JAMO.. in a foul attempt to fit in where you clearly don't belong!! cheesy Spewing out a bunch of Jamo catch phrases, listening to Jamo music, while falsifying historical facts of your AA history in a foul attempt to prove your worthyness to Jamo's isn't going to make you anymore Jamo than you clearly already aren't, AKATA girl. STOP the shenanigans, because it aint cute or clever; now that's the truth being put out their for that azz, and not those lies you were yapping about. Now take that and go blow it out your Spiffy. kiss
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ilamina:

Hey Miss Jamo,  U shld watch "Shaka Zulu" the best african movie ever made. I remember watching the movie when I was little with my parents back in the UK. I was so excited to see the movie on youtube. I love zulu South african culture. the movie is about the greatest African King and how he bulit the most powerful empire in Africa, the zulu kingdom.  Shaka Zulu (romance, action, adventure etc) all in it

there is also this Congolese that came out last year "Viva Riva" u might like it. the movie has a lot of steaming explict sex scenes. for an African movie u will surprised more x rated than ghanaian movies. the sex scenes were wonderfully acted-hollywood standard. Anyways the movie won almost all the awards at the African movie awards in Nigeria last year  . .
http://www.movie2k.to/Viva-Riva-subtitled-watch-movie-876101.html  <<<<thats the movie link if you are interested

PART 1
[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN7pc-ZgWBk?version=3&amp[/flash]

PART 2
[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=revBnIFMYWc?version=3&amp[/flash]

I've just seen Riva viva on Netflix. Do you have any high quality African movies to recommend?
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by kony1(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
Blyss:

Proof? Ha, I laugh in Patios. No it's your azz in which you have out there, and far from the truth. Aint it just like a half breed, such as yourself to continuously bad mouth one side of themselves in their attempt to make themselves seem more accepted in their favored side. cheesy I've been observing you and see clearly that you have classic mixed up Mulatto syndrome, in cultural form as apposed to racial. You're about as Jamaican as the macaroni and cheese, collard greens and corn bread served at the Jamaican Buffet down the way from my house. cheesy You're little more than a confused one of the thousands of AA half breeds lost in limbo, looking for an identity to latch on to.

You want to feel special and different, so you try your hardest to latch on to some Jamo gibberish, and make every attempt at badmouthing who you REALLY are, an AA plain and simple.. and talking up that in which you're clearly not, JAMO.. in a foul attempt to fit in where you clearly don't belong!! cheesy Spewing out a bunch of Jamo catch phrases, listening to Jamo music, while falsifying historical facts of your AA history in a foul attempt to prove your worthyness to Jamo's isn't going to make you anymore Jamo than you clearly already aren't, AKATA girl. STOP the shenanigans, because it aint cute or clever; now that's the truth being put out their for that azz, and not those lies you were yapping about. Now take that and go blow it out your Spiffy. kiss

The bolded is the truth. I already destroyed her on this topic but you should have seen the lies she tried to pull.lol

As far as who are the best dancers- Jamaican or jamo(lol) Females are masters at making extremely sexually suggestive dance moves. And as a man i thank them for that. But overall the most diverse dancers are black americans
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Blyss: 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2012
ug
k.o.n.y:

The bolded is the truth. I already destroyed her on this topic but you should have seen the lies she tried to pull.lol

As far as who are the best dancers- Jamaican or jamo(lol) Females are masters at making extremely sexually suggestive dance moves. And as a man i thank them for that. But overall the most diverse dancers are black americans

All of what I wrote there is the truth.
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Fulaman198(m): 2:24am On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Fulaman198(m): 2:26am On Jul 02, 2012
i'd have to say West Africa, Touaregs are some of the most energetic dancers I have ever seen, and I love the way my ethnic group the Fulani dances traditionally, I should post more videos:

Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by onila(f): 2:03am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Fulaman198(m): 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
onila: where r these guys from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vn5ofyx9aY

Ivory Coast, that said, I closed down that video within 5 seconds because those guys were dancing heck of gay.
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
Check out the lady in this video. Ignore the ugly man. It's a move known as Chakacha from Coastal Kenya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLkhr-krek
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2012
MsDarkSkin: @k.o.n.y aka DaRapture: Back? lol You were ALWAYS here! grin And if anything you're the idi0t. You don't even know about American history much less black history on a whole.

Jazz was created by African Americans with influences from other groups. Jazz has more in common with the blues than with caribbean music.
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by BlackPikiN(m): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
H-Star89:

Jazz was created by African Americans with influences from other groups. Jazz has more in common with the blues than with caribbean music.

Hstar where have you been hiding?

You left me abi?

Rmbr our last chat?
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Hstar where have you been hiding?

You left me abi?

Rmbr our last chat?

Hi BlackPikin wink

Ive been off for a while and decided to come back lol. We can chat again if you want to
Re: Best Dancers! (friendly Rivalry) by BlackPikiN(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
H-Star89:

Hi BlackPikin wink

Ive been off for a while and decided to come back lol. We can chat again if you want to

Yeah we can.... where do you want us to chat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts African Ambassadors In His Palace - Photos / History Of Ika People(umunede) / "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.