Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend (41045 Views)

CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower / Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist / "Nnamdi Kanu Is Like Ojukwu Who Fled The Country After Causing Many Deaths" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by amazon14: 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
Yet another Igbo thread smh

My dear, that's the situation we found ourselves in Nigeria. A situation we the mention of Igbo, every dead ones in Nigeria with wake up.

We the Igbo are special. All other Nigerians knows but ashamed to admit it.

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by googi: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
It is still unbelievable how children of those that have benefited the most from the generosity, accommodation and trust of Yoruba become so virulent to their best friends not only in Nigeria but in the world.

If you know of any better friend, please mention them. Because they tolerate you does not mean they have nobody to lead them but you.

Haba! Fajuyi is a traitor, Banjo is a traitor, Soyinka is a traitor. Even Obasanjo, the first Nigerian to bring you out of wilderness after the war and assigned powerful positions to you is a traitor.

You have driven Yoruba children to the edge. They have to fight you back in your own words and deeds.

9 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by delawal: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
u can see that the Yoruba's and their betrayal character didn't start today. let bye gone be bye gone .

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Qadaffi2idiamin: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

You can’t change the hand of the clock

Ojukwu is a traitor

So are his descendants

Nigeria would have been better if there was no 1966 Coup or if the Coup was not bloody. Why did we kill ourselves? Power can change hands without blood. Buhari became Head of State without shedding blood. I'm not IBB fan but his Coup was bloodless and I commend him for not killing GMB and Idiagbon. I must confess, we were celebrating my sister's birthday in April 1990 when we heard of Orka's Coup, the jubilation became double, and people were trooping in with emergency gifts for her..... But shortly after we heard about the killing of IBB ADC and others and the guy started dividing the country on radio, people were sad. Why killing others to get power? 90% of bloody coups in Nigeria failed!!!

We can play politics of power without shedding blood, those who introduced blood to our politics will account for their wickedness on the day of judgment!
Its because of perverts like you we are moving slowly to eradicate brain mucous. Ojukwu was just a face of the war idiot. He declared a war other brutal elements would have declared anyway and he fought against cowards that hired the whole world to fight for them. You think you have right to call a man who was commander of a double faced war a traitor? I will execute that Banjo of a guy if I had the chance to do it. Better steer clear.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ojiofor:

Baba Sarrki I dey hail you o.
Their names sound Igbo but they are not from South East abeg take note.
Igbos are not murderers.

No matter how many years Abubakar Abdullahi spent in Enugu will never be easterner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Balenciagabrain: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Dmec:
THE OP DEY CR/\SE
The people that did not read the write up before attacking themselves crase pass. Smh.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Minjim: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
And where is Ojukwu now?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by bskyb(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ojiofor:

Igbos are not murderers.

I hope we will all outgrow these interethnic E-wars one day. It adds nothing to either side.

Meanwhile, the first name of major Nzeogu is Chukwuma. The facts are still on the internet, freely available.
My comment is just to correct the error I noticed. The people who championed these coups did it for certain interests. Many of them are long gone and many even forgave each other. I wonder why this generation should continue a war they are too young to understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by diegosticks(m): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

You can’t change the hand of the clock

Ojukwu is a traitor

So are his descendants

Nigeria would have been better if there was no 1966 Coup or if the Coup was not bloody. Why did we kill ourselves? Power can change hands without blood. Buhari became Head of State without shedding blood. I'm not IBB fan but his Coup was bloodless and I commend him for not killing GMB and Idiagbon. I must confess, we were celebrating my sister's birthday in April 1990 when we heard of Orka's Coup, the jubilation became double, and people were trooping in with emergency gifts for her..... But shortly after we heard about the killing of IBB ADC and others and the guy started dividing the country on radio, people were sad. Why killing others to get power? 90% of bloody coups in Nigeria failed!!!

We can play politics of power without shedding blood, those who introduced blood to our politics will account for their wickedness on the day of judgment!

We had Northern, Midwestern, Eastern and Western regions then.
Nzeogwu was from which region? Midwest.
Nzeogwu was born and bred where? Kaduna.
Was there participants from other regions? Yes.
Who countered the coup? Aguiyi-ironsi.
Did Ojukwu support them when he was contacted? No.

Jonathan shouldn’t had banned history. Go back to that subject and study. And their aim for the coup was to make Awolowo the prime minister and not to take over.

Orkar was from Benue.

I hope to you don’t pass down fake news to your children like you were.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Minjim: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I can't use the account of 2 year old child of banjo now a professor who doesn't know what actually happened as a parameter to real facts.

She is just been emotional.

But the great General Ojukwu has to do the right thing to restore sanity about to be eroded by Victor Banjo.

Without Ojukwu banjo would have died in prison and his chapter closed.

Banjo was a bad influence to his lineage same way Naira marley is currently constituting nuisance to cyber space.

#Ojukwu learnt his lesson never to trust someone from that side of divide.

Two persons he saved from prison are those who aligned with the enemies to hit him.

Very unfortunate.

What's ur definition of enemy? Because, ojukwu was the real enemy of igbos. He led a whole ethnic to a battle he knew he can't win

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by richie240: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Orkar is from the middle belt.

Benue to be precise.

Read any good book or writeup by any good author like max siloum,

Nzeogwu technically speaking is from a minority tribe in the Midwest that just happens to be culturally Igbo

so culturally Igbo (sic) means they were/are fulanis ko? u tnk u dey follow pikin yarn?

grin

sarrki:

Pa ojiofor ,

With due respect sire

The are south easterners

Nzeogwu and orkar are ibo names sir

Ojiofor:

Igbos are not murderers.
just like oyedepo, Dino melaye and smart adeyemi from kwara/kogi, being 'northerners' are hausa/fulanis ba?
A group of majorly Igbo soldiers killed the leaders and soldiers of the north, west and Midwest (including d likes of northern and western premiers -sadauna of sokoto and akintola respectively, the prime minister - tafawa balewa, etc but conveniently forgot to touch ANY Igbo soldier/leader (president Nnamdi azikwe, eastern premier Mbakwe etc) from d east and u still say it wasn't an Igbo coup?

Amadioha, where arth thou?

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by LZAA: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Afamed:

Keep quiet. You can't re - write history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Aboguede(m): 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
Allow me a second

For the fact the yaribas are too scared to stand a fly in their own yard does not not mean they are wise

Go and read the history even the almighty God at many times did directed his own servants to go to war even when it appeared that they can't win

And not all the wars that the people of God fought did they win

Fela kuti till date is the only known Yoruba that stood his ground and his people hated him for not being coward like they are known for

Proudly igbo and happy to die fighting for my pride

sarrki:

Ojukwu from the history we know and as it stands today was arrogant,self centered and a bigot that was so obsessed with power
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by yom2(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

Why did Ojukwu faced the south west?

Why is he fighting towards ore

He has a ulterior motives he was nip in the bud
was southwest under southwest control then?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by yom2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
shocked
PoliticalWitch:

Orkar is from the middle belt.

Benue to be precise.

Read any good book or writeup by any good author like max siloum,

Nzeogwu technically speaking is from a minority tribe in the Midwest that just happens to be culturally Igbo
u people and this Una division and subdivisions. Meanwhile whats the tribe of the minority tribe? What's the tribe of the okuns in kogi

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by SmartyPants(m): 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:
It’s so unfortunate that the same people that calls one a betrayer are the real betrayers

The 1966 coup and 1990 coup are the only the bloodiest coup in history of Nigeria

Led by kaduna nzeogwu 1966 and orkar 1990

So the 96 July coup was not bloody?
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
richie240:

so culturally Igbo (sic) means they are fulanis ko?

just like oyedepo, Dino melaye and smart adeyemi from kwara/kogi, being 'northerners' are hausa/fulanis ba?
A group of majorly Igbo soldiers killed the leaders and soldiers of the north, west and Midwest (including d likes of northern and western premiers -sadauna of sokoto and akintola respectively, the prime minister - tafawa balewa, etc but conveniently forgot to touch ANY Igbo soldier/leader (president Nnamdi azikwe, eastern premier Mbakwe etc) from d east and u still say it wasn't an Igbo coup?

Amadioha, where arth thou?

I only spoke of Nzeogwu, I didn't speak of the tribe of others.

As for whether it was an Igbo coup, considering that Ademoyegba, one of the main plotters has debunked the story that it was an Igbo coup, and Nzeogwu later stated in an interview that the guy's in Enugu betrayed him , plus quick thinking by the head of the Army in the east cooled things down,

Anyways, I oppose the January 66 coup and even the 1983 coup. We won't have been a better country, but we would have been a mature democracy. Democratic lessons we should have learned decades ago, we are learning now. To say nothing of the damage it did to the Army
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
yom2:
shocked u people and this Una division and subdivisions. Meanwhile whats the tribe of the minority tribe? What's the tribe of the okuns in kogi

There are many minority tribes in Nigeria that are.culturally like the neighbouring big tribe.

A discussion on why this is so is another long story
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by joepepsy(m): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2019
Yoruba no send sowore message, and they are not even gullible.
Stevechoko45:

Ok since the SW love themselves and are more united you people should meet Sowore nail demand simple Kanu owns was done under 3 days shame

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Malawian(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
Have you noticed that the SW leaders no longer go to Ikenne every year to sing themselves hoarse ever since HI Awolowo died?

Eye Service ...
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Bar1941(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

How can a 2 year old child or even not up by then give a first hand info.

You are a FOOL if not you should know that she is a learned person, her father was involved and she would surely get a first hand info (fron her mother and close allies of her late father) unlike an eeediot like you who wasn't even born then but only saddled with bigotry and prejudice.

7 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2019
delawal:
u can see that the Yoruba's and their betrayal character didn't start today. let bye gone be bye gone .
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by fasbat(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Ojukwu did the right thing by killing the traitor.

Someone he saved and released from prison and sent home arrived Ore and feels he is at home to backstab his benefactor.

Banjo is a dirty betrayal.

Ojukwu made his greatest mistake here, he would have allowed banjo rot in prison the way hausa fulani government then wanted it to be.

Banjo is a backstabber, betrayal and a traitor.

His daughter should just shut up..
if I write my mind here,you will explode and denounce your birthright!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by richie240: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

I only spoke of Nzeogwu, I didn't speak of the tribe of others.

As for whether it was an Igbo coup, considering that Ademoyegba, one of the main plotters has debunked the story that it was an Igbo coup, and Nzeogwu later stated in an interview that the guy's in Enugu betrayed him , plus quick thinking by the head of the Army in the east cooled things down,

Anyways, I oppose the January 66 coup and even the 1983 coup. We won't have been a better country, but we would have been a mature democracy. Democratic lessons we should have learned decades ago, we are learning now. To say nothing of the damage it did to the Army

Show me the proof of where he said such; and moreover, no sane person will allow his ppl to be killed while those of his partner in crime be spared. Ademulegun and d other few non-easterners would never have participated in dt coup if they had known dt d eastern soldiers would BETRAY the cause, its a no brainer!

vvvvvv

https://www.nairaland.com/5065387/how-igbo-leaders-caused-nigerias-current-national-political-poblem
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by remedick: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
Agugbadin:

Nzeogwu is from Okpanam Niger Delta

Dude was born in the North and grew up there.

But Muritala, who is from Auchi is given a different story to fit the narrative of some persons.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
yom2:
shocked u people and this Una division and subdivisions. Meanwhile whats the tribe of the minority tribe? What's the tribe of the okuns in kogi

Niger Delta.
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by yom2(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

There are many minority tribes in Nigeria that are.culturally like the neighbouring big tribe.

A discussion on why this is so is another long story
bros this ur line of thought no follow. Every ethnic or tribal group has variations in culture and dialect as they are disperse d in different geographys
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Guyman02: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

History you know that is not thought is school.

Where did you learn such?

Is it also from Awolowo's free Education program?
grin grin grin grin
History of Civil war that was abolished by Fulani drafted curriculum
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by funmijoyb(f): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I can't use the account of 2 year old child of banjo now a professor who doesn't know what actually happened as a parameter to real facts.

But the great General Ojukwu has to do the right thing to restore sanity about to be eroded by Victor Banjo.

Banjo was a bad influence to his lineage same way Naira marley is currently constituting nuisance to cyber space.

Two persons he saved from prison are those who aligned with the enemies to hit him.

Very unfortunate.
Igbo people sha. Ojukwu fled the country for his life leaving Col. Banjo and 12 million igbo to perish. Thats real cowardice, traitor, backstabbing of d highest order.

Banjo was the hero of biafra. The moment he was executed was when the war ended. If you're glad Ojukwu executed him we nigeria happy about biafran's casualties too.

Banjo and fajuyi fought igbo course but they regretted it today.

Sowore omoyele is the next person y'all are betraying.

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by mofeireoluwa(f): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
hammerT:
THE PROBLEM WITH EDO PEOPLE TODAY WAS CAUSED BY YOUR FATHER DECISION TO HOLD BIAFRA TROOPS AT STAND-STILL IN EDO RATHER THAN ADVANCE TO LAGOS.

THAT GAVE NIGERIA AN ADVANTAGE TO GAIN GROUNDS AND INTERCEPT BIAFRA TROOPS AT ORE.

HAD HE NOT STOPPED AT EDO, BIAFRA TROOPS WOULD HAVE ARRIVED LAGOS BEFORE NIGERIA TROOPS SET OFF.
You mean biafran troop can not pass through ordinary Edo but wants to go and invade Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Stevechoko45: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
joepepsy:
Yoruba no send sowore message, and they are not even gullible.

Ok but Yoruba send awolowo and banjo message abi make una see una life
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by sulaak(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Very unfortunate.

Liar, the only person Ojukwu saved was himself and his Mercedes Benz.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Akinwunmi Ambode And Jimi Agbaje’s Wives Hugging At A Public Function / Nnamdi Kanu: Abaribe Writes Nigerian-Israeli Ambassador / Election 2023: Kwankwaso Says They Are In Talks With Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.