Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,091 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend (41078 Views)

CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower / Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist / "Nnamdi Kanu Is Like Ojukwu Who Fled The Country After Causing Many Deaths" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by giftedben: 11:05am On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

Am sure you mean your pa Ojukwu?

Obafemi Awolowo popularly known as "Awo", the toad that gets up from its knees and falls back again on its knees.

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Ojiofor: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

That statement by mr President was unfortunate but was in the past

We are all one

You are sounding like a true patriot.keep it up.

4 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by sarrki(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2019
Ojiofor:

You are sounding like a true patriot.keep it up.

Thank you bro!!!

5 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by slimfit1(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

The awolowo you called gave the south west free education, free healthcare among goodies we received from him we thanked him

He did not allow his people to be massacred because of pride , ego and chest beating

Till tomorrow Ojukwu descendants are full of hatred and bitterness

Awolowo won the war without shooting a bullet, do you think that is a man Igbo people won't envy , worst of it all he didn't go to Sandhurst college.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

Ojukwu was the real snitch

Pray that Victor finds peace even in hell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by omenka(m): 11:39am On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

My able leader I greet you with all honor
I greet you too, our indefatigable Patriot. cool

5 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2019
giftedben:

And He died as a “shady and unreliable” fellow.
Worse than that.
Nothing was as disgraceful as his death.
Totally shameful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by AgadiNwoke: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2019
omenka:
I greet you too, our indefatigable Patriot. cool
i just recruited him to our company cool

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by sarrki(m): 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
slimfit1:

Awolowo won the war without shooting a bullet, do you think that is a man Igbo people won't envy , worst of it all he didn't go to Sandhurst college.

Word on marble

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
slimfit1:

And ended his life as a faculty officer in rat college of medicine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by AgadiNwoke: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

Word on marble
[/s]
shatap
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Chinablack: 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2019
unfortunately, your father was a traitor who sabotaged Lagos invasion. in military sabotage is a capital offence. he should have told biafrans that he was in their army to fight for one and equal nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by slimfit1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

And ended his life as a faculty officer in rat college of medicine.

Please show us the Evidence which suggests that was what happened ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Kapilta(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

When her father's actions led to loss of thousands millions of lives??
wink
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by adoboy04(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Banjo is a dirty betrayal and a traitor.

The woman talking wasn't there and too young by them to know how dirty her father was.

I have told people that if you think you can poke your benefactors without consequences, then the person is a joke.

Awolowo tried it , he died regretting his deeds.

Today you can't call awolowo without adding rat poison...he set a bad precedence for the future generations.
I don't blame you because, if banjo didn't follow ojukwu maybe he will alive today and if my brother fajuyi didn't follow ironzi maybe he will still be alive today. You call somebody who took over benin, asaba,sapele and warrior for you a traitor. How many igbos that have done that to Yoruba so that Yoruba too can call them traitors.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Coldie(m): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Everybody wants to be famous everybody wants to lie. Believe at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nick432: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2019
Inside life
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by TakeItOrLeaveIt: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2019
Such is life

Let's repair your faulty laptop
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:
It’s so unfortunate that the same people that calls one a betrayer are the real betrayers

The 1966 coup and 1990 coup are the only the bloodiest coup in history of Nigeria

Led by kaduna nzeogwu 1966 and orkar 1990

And we all know that Kaduna Nzeogwu was not an Igbo man.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by stiffy56(m): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nigeria with their story shaaa........

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by baratech: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2019
Ojukwu is dead, and can not defend himself...

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by danot1030: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2019
Igbos with their unforgiving spirit will always make reference to old events on how somebody oversee or Masterminded the killing of an Igbo an be quick to tag some people as traitors while they are guilty of the same thing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by LZAA: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

You can’t change the hand of the clock

Ojukwu is a traitor

So are his descendants

Nigeria would have been better if there was no 1966 Coup or if the Coup was not bloody. Why did we kill ourselves? Power can change hands without blood. Buhari became Head of State without shedding blood. I'm not IBB fan but his Coup was bloodless and I commend him for not killing GMB and Idiagbon. I must confess, we were celebrating my sister's birthday in April 1990 when we heard of Orka's Coup, the jubilation became double, and people were trooping in with emergency gifts for her..... But shortly after we heard about the killing of IBB ADC and others and the guy started dividing the country on radio, people were sad. Why killing others to get power? 90% of bloody coups in Nigeria failed!!!

We can play politics of power without shedding blood, those who introduced blood to our politics will account for their wickedness on the day of judgment!

2 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by LZAA: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
imhotep:

And we all know that Kaduna Nzeogwu was not an Igbo man.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed
grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by steveDpro: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2019
Eyah
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by King44(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
the current predicament of SE is as a result of Ojukwu mindlessness though he regretted it before he died and called for a more united NG but the scars and deeds still manifest today

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Banjo is a dirty betrayal and a traitor.

The woman talking wasn't there and too young by them to know how dirty her father was.

I have told people that if you think you can poke your benefactors without consequences, then the person is a joke.

Awolowo tried it , he died regretting his deeds.

Today you can't call awolowo without adding rat poison...he set a bad precedence for the future generations.
And so. Where you there. Mr jump into conclusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by forgiveness: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
Osagyefo98:

He gave you guys free education that is free of knowledge...very shameful.

You need to be suspicious of such system that gives such free Education.

Germany is operating such system. Can you say it's suspicious? grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by wink2015(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:
Ojukwu, the man who ordered my father’s execution was his friend –Prof Omigbodun, daughter of Col. Banjo

Olayinka Omigbodun is the immediate-past Head of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and an honorary consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry to the University College Hospital, Ibadan. The pioneering director at the university’s Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, which started with funding from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, tells ALEXANDER OKERE about motivation, career and family

For how long have you been a professor and how would you describe your experience as an academic?

I became a professor on October 1, 2008; that was 11 years ago. I actually qualified as a psychiatrist in 1991 but the university would not give me a job. Fortunately, my husband got a fellowship position in the United States in 1993, so I travelled to the US with the family. I did not take up an academic position with the university until I returned in 1997. It has been very eventful since I started working at the University of Ibadan. I started my career in child and adolescent psychiatry in 1986 as a resident under the tutelage of (the late) Prof Michael Oludare Olatawura and did part of my residency in Nigeria and the United Kingdom.

Were you educated in Nigeria?

I started nursery school in Lagos at the Adrao International School, Victoria Island, Lagos. I was living with my parents at that time in Lagos. My father was in the army at the time and my mother was a housewife. My mother was a Sierra Leonean and my father was a Nigerian. We left for Sierra Leone a day before the civil war broke out. In Sierra Leone, I attended the Holy Rosary Primary School, Kenema, about 300 miles from Freetown. I was there for two years before we moved to Freetown, where I attended St. Anne’s Primary School for one year. When the war ended in 1970, we returned with my mum to Nigeria and I attended the Staff School, University of Ibadan.

I spent three years at the school before I moved to St. Louis Grammar School, Mokola, Ibadan. Then I had my advanced levels for two years at the International School, University of Ibadan, and gained admission to UI through direct entry to study Medicine and Surgery in 1980. In 1990, one of my senior professors, Olabisi Odejide, asked me whether I would like to have some exposure abroad; that was when I moved to England. I lived in Lancaster and worked at the Lancaster Moor Hospital. I was also at the Queen’s Park Hospital, in Blackburn. I obtained a diploma in Psychiatry from the Victorian University of Manchester in 1992. While I was in the UK, I flew into Nigeria for my final fellowship examinations in the West African College of Physicians in the Faculty of Psychiatry and the National Postgraduate College of Medicine in Psychiatry in 1991. By 1993, I was in the US at the Department of Family Studies, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, training and working as a family and relationship therapist. I also did some research in the Bipolar Disorders Unit. I must say that having training exposure on three continents really enriched me.

Was it a personal decision to study Psychiatry?

Yes. When I got to medical school, I thought I would do paediatrics. However, on the first day of my rotation at the paediatrics ward, I decided that I could not do it anymore because seeing sick children was too traumatic for me and I didn’t think I would be able to handle them. So, I took my mind of that specialty until I got to the Psychiatry rotation; it was wonderful. I was fascinated by patients who had mental health conditions; some of them heard the voices of people they could not see while some were very depressed. I remember meeting a man who was partially paralysed because he had fallen from a three-storey building when he was depressed and had attempted suicide.

I met interesting patients with different stories. I also found that in psychiatry, we don’t just deal with a part of the body but with the whole patient, with their family and community and work; in psychiatry, we learned to carry out holistic assessments of patients and their families and I found this very interesting. It was in-depth work.

https://punchng.com/ojukwu-the-man-who-ordered-my-fathers-execution-was-his-friend-prof-omigbodun-daughter-of-col-banjo/

Nice share !
Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Tonymario58: 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
sarrki:

The awolowo you called gave the south west free education, free healthcare among goodies we received from him we thanked him

He did not allow his people to be massacred because of pride , ego and chest beating

Till tomorrow Ojukwu descendants are full of hatred and bitterness
Imagine how better you sound. You're unimaginably bitter.

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
It was war. People got caught in the cross fire. Collateral damage, all sorts and now these traitor elements with betrayal in their DNA come here to talk shit? No man in the entire west can be as brave as those young soldiers who fought without adequate support. Shut up if you don't have what to say!!

3 Likes

Re: Olayinka Omigbodun: Ojukwu, Who Ordered My Father’s Execution Was His Friend by Balenciagabrain: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2019
Someone please help me locate where she said as she has been quoted. I can't seem to find it in the write up.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Tinubu’s Daughter Ask Him To Drop Presidential Ambition As Claimed? / Northern Christian Heavyweights Launch Offensive Against Tinubu, Shettima / Lagos: Thugs Begin Threatening Non APC Voters To Stay At Home (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.