Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,753 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (32206 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Situation That Has Happened To You In Church? / Bikini Church � End Time Church Share Pls / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Ategberoson(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
chigoizie7:

When I was going to church, I give offering once, and that’s the weekly offering. If the rev like, let them scream with microphones to my ears, I won’t stand up from my seat

grin
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
slapandfall:
I play drums in church. i went to night vigil from Work after that VI/Lekki traffic.
when pastor was preaching i was sleeping on the drums, na so i fall yakata for ground and the whole drum scatter with big noise

Everybody was shocked even the other people who were sleeping screamed Jesus from sleep cos they were all shocked by the sudden loud noise.

Pastor was just looking at me and i just open my mouth for ground cos i no fit talk.

I just carry my bible dey go house

Am dying in laughter here..

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by sonyc00(m): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mine was during a mid week service, when we went out to receive communion. I collected the bread then moved on to collect the wine, which were all in tiny metallic cups. Omo,as i try carry this thing up,the cup dey drag along the tray that the pastor was holding. Its like there was suction between the tray and the cup. I now finally used force,na so the whole tray just tilt, spill the rest of the communion still in the cups on the pastor. My body just cold instantly, i just dey talk sorry sir with my mouth, dey pick the cups with my hands while the pastor dey try clean himself. Even the choir stopped singing to look at the commotion and na front of altar wey we dey, like say make i just die that day. My joy be say no be sunday service,so technical crew was not recording the service and the people wey come church no plenty

8 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by chelseamann(m): 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

U well soo, i swear u no well oo grin

A no even know how weed dey look oo

Lol
kikiki..it looks like lipsrsealed
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
jaeyking:

that song we ose.
una for just pick the second verse its more on Yoruba.
the first verse is Bini
3rd verse urogbo

mehn nobody bring the idea we just go there go Bleep up. And the guy wey dy my front, I just dy look em face as e dy chew mouth I almost burst laugh for front of church.
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by grandstar(m): 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
OlawaleBammie:
There is dis lady wey get big nyash in our church, we were in same gatherin wen i put my items on a chair, den d lady wanted to sit on it unknowingly but i inadvertently grabbed her nyash as i put my palm underneath her buttock as i was aiming to prevent her from sitting on my belongings, ishhh, and dis was in front of everybody..chiisos, i couldnt stand d shame i felt dat day i had to vacate d premises..

but make i no lie the tin dey suculent, ahaa kilodee, com b like a soaked foam.

Second one was wen i relocated to edo, i was in d church one sunday laidat wen d presiding pastor was just talking, talking and talking, all dis was hapening while we were standing on our feet oo, and i cant bear standing for soo long so i resorted to my seat in d middle of d talk, immediately he sighted me he just raised his voice from the pulpit dat who is dat puting on glasses sitting down ?

who are u ??

dey dont respect elders from wer u came from ??

wen elders are talking u dont sit down !!

Did u hav carry over in school ? (i was like wetin consan church/sunday service with C.O now ??)

i just tire once...

that was quite mean of the pastor.

He should be considerate. I'm a Jehovah's Witness and the only times we stand are during the opening and closing prayers. Even at that, the speaker on the platform says only those who can stand so it isn't compulsory. This prayers are hardly more than 5 minutes long

We also stand when singing our kingdom songs but only for those who can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by PrincessB1(f): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
slapandfall:
I play drums in church. i went to night vigil from Work after that VI/Lekki traffic.
when pastor was preaching i was sleeping on the drums, na so i fall yakata for ground and the whole drum scatter with big noise

Everybody was shocked even the other people who were sleeping screamed Jesus from sleep cos they were all shocked by the sudden loud noise.

Pastor was just looking at me and i just open my mouth for ground cos i no fit talk.

Laugh wan kill me oooh grin grin
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by PrincessB1(f): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
SyrusdeHansome:
When I use to worship at winners chapel we had a tarry night program one Friday. As Satan want ham my mom decided to cook beans dat same Friday. My dad was the pastor nd I was just in the congregation cos I didn't join the choir as I didn't go 4 rehearsals. I wasn't even allowed to play any instrument. The first girl I loved came back from her boarding school nd she was in the choir sit. As una sabi tarry night, I slept off only to wake up to hear myself mess one powerful mess. The whole section of the church fixed their eyes on Me including my crush. I was so ashamed that I had to climb up to go nd sleep. Throughout that week I had to dodge the girl because of shame.
Damn! grin cheesy
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by PrincessB1(f): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
sirjoe1124:
In my JS1 then I was fond of sleeping in the church, I was so known for that, that usher's no longer wake me. On a certain Friday, I couldn't tell who invited my crush for a night vigil in other to please her by not sleeping: I decided I wouldn't sit through out the prayer session. Then the worst happened, I fell while sleep standing and disrupted the night vigil. It's more than 10 years now, I haven't visited that church.
What an embarrassment grin grin
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Zane2point4(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
simpleseyi:

Seun is most probably a Muslim. The forum is his private forum. Go and create your own forum and create your own rules.
Bad mentality..
If Facebook thought like you and seun, he for no dey wia he is now.
Tolerance and accommodation is the key.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by anochuko01(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
I collapsed in church on a sunday morning while preaching. It was my first time of such experience, but who cares?... I rested and returned to church after two weeks and still preached again. No be me go first collapse for alter.... Many more shiits have happened... But lets have it in mind that its pride that makes a person to be embarrased.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Vanessa116(f): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Oohh !! did u later wake up wen u passed out ?? shocked
mumu he died like that. It was his ghost that wrote the story
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Bgcentz(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
slapandfall:

This is really embarrassing and very funny smiley ����

I don laff tire I don dey cough

Abeg no go vigil again
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Bgcentz(m): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
I don't fall no matter how many hands are laid on me
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Helada(f): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
We were at the retreat and I was given a letter from my big sister to give Alex and I went to give another brother.
The brother(a born again �)went to show the youth leader... Unfortunately for me as I was coming back from the toilet I saw the youth leader... The moment he saw me... He gave me a very dirty slap on my left cheek that left me momentarily blind.. When I recovered... He said so now you are love letter passer... That's what we have been teaching you abi... You came to camp to pass love letter... As I wanted to explain that I don't know that it is love letter... He gave me another slap and asked me to lead him to my sis.....

I still chop serious beating form my SIS for failing to pass the love letter to the right person...
Since then..... I no Dey go message for church o

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Peterosky(m): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hhhmmm! make me sef folo talk my own. My most embarrassing moment was when I was suspended in Church for not paying my tithe. No wahala since I can not come and kill myself for any pastor greed,I had to leave the Church forever.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Siki355(m): 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2019
chigoizie7:

When I was going to church, I give offering once, and that’s the weekly offering. If the rev like, let them scream with microphones to my ears, I won’t stand up from my seat

na mosque u da go now
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by chigoizie7(m): 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2019
Siki355:

na mosque u da go now

I no de go anyone.

I pray in my house and also worship God in my house too.

Naija churches don tire me, and them don carry the same thing come here for SA. Their preaching are annoying.

Someone will go to church, instead of you to be hearing all those powerful words that will draw one closer to God. And leading a good life to the benefit of humanity.

All you will be hearing is bring this today, infact ee tire me.

So I kuku stopped, make I no go shout for pastor for him church one day
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2019
Depressed101:
Becacia means cut scatter in Igbo. And it implies that the bearer is gifted tremendously axx wise. Correct me if I'm wrong doh
Wow wow! Where are you from? I’m shocked the name “Becacia” actually has a meaning because it’s a name formed out from different names “Bey,Cassie and Ciara” they were my favorite female musicians back when I was in High school which was the time the nick was formed.

Haha well I’m gifted and well blessed and not single too looool

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Bgcentz(m): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mine was one certain Sunday, the pastor was preaching and he said something that ends with "raise up your hands" me I didn't hear cause I was pressing phone.
immediately I heard "raise up your hands" I raised mine not knowing that he said " IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO CAN STAND AGAINST GOD'S ULTIMATE POWERS? PLS RAISE UP YOUR HANDS!

omo see crowd looking at me

I wish you were there to see how I dropped my hands .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by 77up(m): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

hunhun he didn't wake up,na im ghost dey type for you cheesy
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Bgcentz(m): 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
[quote author=Jewessgratitude post=83509484][/quote]

Hahahahahaha
That particular sentence of people that were sleeping shouting made my day

I can't stop laughing � �

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by mumu9gerian: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
amendara1:
It was 27th of May 2018, I was the Sunday school teacher coordinator, so one woman I was teaching and telling lies to the students, i just look at it that she's not saying the right thing i now said no wonder you're serious. The next thing she did was to report me to pastor and low and behold she call her husband who was not in the church to come and deal with me, after the service the husband came and greeted me, before i respond the man had slapped me twice and the wife join hand to beat me i was just looking, to make the matter worse my Pastor said am guilty that I am suspended all because she used to give him money and buying gifts for him. I have never been that embarrassed in my life like that they. Anyway I hand them over to God for all they have done. I can't forget that day.

U still Dey go the church?
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Siki355(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
[quote author=chigoizie7 post=83515394]

I no de go anyone.

I pray in my house and also worship God in my house too.

Naija churches don tire me, and them don carry the same thing come here for SA. Their preaching are annoying.

Someone will go to church, instead of you to be hearing all those powerful words that will draw one closer to God. And leading a good life to the benefit of humanity.

All you will be hearing is bring this today, infact ee tire me.

So I kuku stopped, make I no go shout for pastor for him church one day[/q

lol I can relate

buh make dat wan no stop u totally from attending church

u fit da go once in awhile
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by kurlz(f): 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mood11:
Years ago, the whole family went for a vigil together. When it was time for deliverance, the Charismatic brother was calling people in batches. When he called for children, I stepped out like the others and before I know what's up, anybody he lays hands on will jerk jerk jerk and fall then other Charismatic would help the person up... I was trying to decide if the falling was intentional or it was truly the holy ghost in action...
When it was my turn, he laid hands on my forehead and was praying furiously like he did to the others but I didn't fall or should I say the thing no catch me.. grin
I opened one eye and saw my aunt looking at me, then I made up my mind to impress her by falling before they say I am possessed.. Na so I fall backward o, hit head for heard alter floor and passed out embarassed angry

Ahahahhahahahahahah
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by mumu9gerian: 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:

Wow wow! Where are you from? I’m shocked the name “Becacia” actually has a meaning because it’s a name formed out from different names “Bey,Cassie and Ciara” they were my favorite female musicians back when I was in High school which was the time the nick was formed.

Haha well I’m gifted and well blessed and not single too looool

Calm down he never ask whether u are single na

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by OlawaleBammie: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2019
77up:
hunhun he didn't wake up,na im ghost dey type for you cheesy

Lol, i never knew dis question would cost me some bashing actually tongue

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by kurlz(f): 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Ahahhqhahqqh.
No he did not wake up. Please do you s....e anything by chance?

You are funny.
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by OlawaleBammie: 9:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
Vanessa116:
mumu he died like that. It was his ghost that wrote the story

Aishhh, u re too harsh, ahaa naa
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by OlawaleBammie: 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
grandstar:

that was quite mean of the pastor.

He should be considerate. I'm a Jehovah's Witness and the only times we stand are during the opening and closing prayers. Even at that, the speaker on the platform says only those who can stand so it isn't compulsory. This prayers are hardly more than 5 minutes long

We also stand when singing our kingdom songs but only for those who can.

Abi na, me self don dey taya for d standin self,

ur church scenario is d direct opposite of mine, we only sit durin sermon, anouncement, lesson... others na standing ovation o
Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by OlawaleBammie: 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
chelseamann:
kikiki..it looks like lipsrsealed
like whaati oo

Re: What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. by Zane2point4(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
Awesomeking:
So many christians complain that muslims have their own section and christians cant even comment in their section without agreeing to the muslim declaration.

I think the reason why seun did that is cuz christians are always going to islamic posts to insult Allah and prophet muhammad.

As you can see on this post,there is no muslim insulting jesus or christianity

I have been studying both xtian and muslim posts for a while and i realised that muslims dont comment insults on xtian posts

But xtians still insult everything that has to do with islam even though seun tried to make it harder for them to do so

If i am wrong please correct me
Two wrongs don't make a write.
Is still not enough reason for him to make Christians swore an oath of allegiance before commenting on Muslim post.
The way he is going about this site is dangerous, he might not take it to the next level with that archaic and authoritarian law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Marcus K.O. Tibetan's Prophesy For 2018 / 'I'm John The Baptist' - Kenyan ‘Prophet’ With 39 Wives / Man Requests For Past Tithe Donations To Dunamis Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.