Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? (15692 Views)

Bride Cancels Wedding In Vom, Jos Over Groom’s Refusal To Leave Family House / Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Should I Renovate Our Family House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2019
OP, that clock for your house so, cause casala that year. When everybody dey look for am cos dem talk say some people dey buy am with plenty money. Me sef, i follow look for am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by harbarzzy(m): 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
Sword and the horse pedal...awa omo baba elesin..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by kidneystones(m): 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
My dick ...
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Bawofss(m): 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
a wall clock....abt 30 years

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Happyguy201: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
Depressed101:
My father's bet definitely... That leather belt upon all the hammering wey im do for my body em still dey kamkpe like kanda ..

Pille still dey rock am 25years on till this day grin

your father must be a poor man grin grin grin
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by DaddyMorenike: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
post=83518475:

Baba Morenikeji, na wa for you o!
I'm serious, catapult.
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Depressed101: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
Happyguy201:

your father must be a poor man grin grin grin
abeg leave that jiga man jaree na im style, im nor necessarily poor lile that angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by DeriNwamamatene: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
post=83518473:
OUR GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK
[/s]
terrorist buhari

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
dilodavid:
OP, that clock for your house so, cause casala that year. When everybody dey look for am cos dem talk say some people dey buy am with plenty money. Me sef, i follow look for am.

Hahahaha!
Aago Elepon. I remember.
People were stealing it from Mosques then.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by DeriNwamamatene: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
[s]
post=83518475:

Baba Morenikeji, na wa for you o!
[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by UrVillagePpl: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
the couch in the sitting room.
the just keep changing the cloth year after year.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2019
AryaSand:

Hahahaha!
Aago Elepon. I remember.
People were stealing it from Mosques then.
You sef follow look for am, abi?
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
Offpoint:
We all have that one thing we all grow up to meet in our families... Share yours.

Mine is electronic iron and wooden wall clock.
Mom says the iron is the first thing my dad bought with his first salary, and that was 4 years before they meet.

Till date old the shît is still working like it was made yesterday, best iron I've ever used.
You must use with caution or you'll set your clothes on fire in less than a minute.

That is the kind of iron we have in my house too. It works like crazy and will burn your clothes anyhow if not careful.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
dilodavid:
You sef follow look for am, abi?

No oooo!
I only heard about it as the gist was everywhere then. Very funny something.
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by samwise180(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2019
My granndpa's picture worth a million words,cos i was a duplicate of him

4 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by fk002: 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mine is old refrigerator my dad said he bought it #30 and it still freezes stuff when put inside.

Old Television name of the brand is National, still working but kept in a store we call it "museum" lot's of ancient stuffs in that store

A mountain of video cassette grin

35 years old Peugeot 505 and Peugeot pick up

He all kept it for recored

6 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Offpoint: 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2019
AryaSand:

That is the kind of iron we have in my house too. It works like crazy and will burn your clothes anyhow if not careful.
lol, what a crazy dp you got there... don't tell you're the hulk fangrin
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Gerardo88: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
wall clock since late 80's and an iron old box
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
AryaSand:

No oooo!
I only heard about it as the gist was everywhere then. Very funny something.
Ok. Some people that couldn't go for it because of their status or something had to use money to mobilize people to go in search of the clock for them.

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by NACE13: 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
My mom's favourite cooking pot with this lovely aluminium spoon that has been around for more than 32 years now. She said it was part of the wedding gifts. Even after my dad bought Pressure pots and other Tower cooking pots, she still held that one dear. That's her pot for boiling meat, beef, chicken, fish and the likes.

Then the wall clock my dad bought before he married my mom. It is quite old-school, so they decided to put it in their room.

My dad's record collection- his collection of Sir Victor Uwaifo, Osadebe, Yvonne Chakachaka and those guys that sang "Sweet Mother" and many more
Memories#

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
Offpoint:

lol, what a crazy dp you got there... don't tell you're the hulk fangrin

I am #TeamCaptainAmerica
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
More than 200yrs and still working perfectly

3 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
NACE13:
My mom's favourite cooking pot with this lovely aluminium spoon that has been around for more than 32 years now. She said it was part of the wedding gifts. Even after my dad bought Pressure pots and other Tower cooking pots, she still held that one dear. That's her pot for boiling meat, beef, chicken, fish and the likes.

Then the wall clock my dad bought before he married my mom. It is quite old-school, so they decided to put it in their room.
Memories#

Ohhh that reminds me. I still have my parents wedding presents. Soooooooooo many Glass cups aka Tumbler. Plate set. Spoons.

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
dilodavid:
Ok. Some people that couldn't go for it because of their status or something had to use money to mobilize people to go in search of the clock for them.

Haha! No be small something.
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Talkwisdom(m): 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mine is calendar of the year 1996

3 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Offpoint: 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
AryaSand:

I am #TeamCaptainAmerica
Unfortunately....I'm the hulktongue
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
Offpoint:

Unfortunately....I'm the hulktongue

Bye Bye abeg.

A ma pade lese Jesu!
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2019
BafanaBafana:
I think it should be one 50 inch boom box father had. He used it in the university as an undergraduate. As at then, he was a big boy with that radio and he told us how sometimes he will not set eyes on the radio set for weeks because guys were borrowing it to groove with. Its still working till date and I still remember radio Nigeria morning news tune playing on it every morning when I was in primary school.
Just like my dad own,I just troway am last year

3 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
We've got a grandfather's clock. About the oldest thing. My granddad's Dane gun- thing is getting rusty. It originally belonged to my great-grand dad. It's going to come in handy some day, I must add. smiley

Loads of old coins. Including one dating back to the days of George V.

Just to mention a few things... I should add.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Offpoint: 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
AryaSand:

Bye Bye abeg.
A ma pade lese Jesu!
Loool, fear don catch you ni? ma beru...
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
AryaSand:

Haha! No be small something.
Yes o. People went to remote villages where they knew no one just to look for the clock.
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by NACE13: 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2019
AryaSand:

Ohhh that reminds me. I still have my parents wedding presents. Soooooooooo many Glass cups aka Tumbler. Plate set. Spoons.

Had to take them home. Still use them to serve guests,family and friends though. Remember those "555" stainless collection and the "Daddy's plate collection for rice, stew and meat/chicken"?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting / Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? / Christian Songs We Sing With Wrong And Funny Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.