Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? (15434 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Should I Renovate Our Family House? / Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by jeff1607(m): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Tellemall:

Very interesting. Do you think they were locally made or with development/processes brought along by the colonials? I hope you will not mind donating them to a museum one day when future Nigerians will decide to appreciate their cultures more .

no one has asked for them to be displayed. Nigeria don't value such antiques
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Sultty(m): 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2019
jeff1607:

just as u said the ones that have holes(my great grandma once said these type are usually left in termite mounds after they are made ,hence the holes) and the emerald stone brown type has alot of value, people has brought as high as 400k to buy but can't sell them ,they are priceless,

as u sell remember to keep for your kids as a sort of heirloom .

these are over 8 generations old, the ones with plenty of holes are kept by the females from where I come from ( they transfer these to their daughters)
ye!! I have once disposed this type out of ignorance. It was left by my mum long ago
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by tck2000(m): 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2019
Depressed101:
My father's bet definitely... That leather belt upon all the hammering wey im do for my body em still dey kamkpe like kanda ..

Pille still dey rock am 25years on till this day grin
lol

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by 1stbest(m): 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
htweet:

did he have whatsapp number? I need to show him some old stuff, I mean the aboki man.
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by htweet(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2019
1stbest:
did he have whatsapp number? I need to show him some old stuff, I mean the aboki man.
I wouldn't know if he's on WhatsApp ... but which Aboki uses WhatsApp?! grin
However his number is this: 08067515679, name is Mohammed. Best of luck and don't forget me in your kingdom o!! grin
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by 1stbest(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2019
htweet:

However his number is this: 080, name is Mohammed. Best of luck and don't forget me in your kingdom o!! grin
lol, which kingdom,,
please you can remove his number now
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by susiivy: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2019
htweet:

However his number is this: 08067515679, name is Mohammed. Best of luck and don't forget me in your kingdom o!! grin

They use WhatsApp o. Business minded people wink
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Ganjafama(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
This fan was bought in 1942 by my grandfather. Till date it's still there and working well. No oiling, no maintenance.

1 Like

Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
Offpoint:
We all have that one thing we all grow up to meet in our families... Share yours.

Mine is electronic iron and wooden wall clock.
Mom says the iron is the first thing my dad bought with his first salary, and that was 4 years before they meet.

Till date old the shît is still working like it was made yesterday, best iron I've ever used.
You must use with caution or you'll set your clothes on fire in less than a minute.

I miss seeing that wall clock

We used to have one back in the days
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2020
post=83518473:
OUR GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK

How much can you sell it Sir?
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
Mirror and grandfather clock

Can you sell either of it

How much will you be willing to sell it?
Re: What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? by Umaruxoxo(m): 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
jeff1607:

got about 5 of those , it's about 8 generations old (has to be transferred from parent to child), plus coweries, old coins with holes in it(pennies), aluminum plates, clocks ,beds etc

I do buy those local beads.if you still have them call me 09070979980

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? / I Feel So Bad For Slapping My Wife This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.