Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice (8351 Views)

Religion Is Slowly Ruining My Happiness / Love Is Ruining My Life Please I Need Advice / My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Chukapage(m): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
dottozil:

Go and learn how to spell the first word you typed it has said alot about you I don't need to say a word anymore
Mtcheew !! With your PHD in spelling bee I bet your still in eating from your mother's pot ode! undecided wole soyinka.
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by dottozil: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Chukapage:
Mtcheew !! With your PHD in spelling bee I bet your still in eating from your mother's pot ode! undecided wole soyinka.

Go to school bro, at least you would learn how to interact reasonably with people
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Chukapage(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
dottozil:

Go to school bro, at least you would learn how to interact reasonably with people
1st:I ain't your "bro" My "Bros" don't call my people illiterates
2nd: F**k interaction!
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by dottozil: 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Chukapage:
1st:I ain't your "bro" My "Bros" don't call my people illiterates
2nd: F**k interaction!

Reasonable people have quoted me and gave me well educated response but since you chose to be among the minority who have decided to keep toying with there childrens happiness all because of trybe, it's your life.
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Palace32: 12:56am On Nov 05, 2019
Chukapage:
That guys story is FAKE! I am suspecting it! He might be another Yoruba Tribalism looking to bash Igbos on romance section! Did you see the way he kept silent on that id**t that called his supposed PARENTS *Stu**d* ?? The other Yoruba Monkey portrayed his parents as *uneducated , illiterate* he kept silent, the other one insulted his supposed Tribe IGBO he kept silent. That nigga might just be a Yoruba tribalist looking to spread usual propaganda against the Igbos!
You expected me to insult him cos he made his own opinion? Do you think every igbos are tribalistic, insensitive and unreasonable like you are? If you think I'm Yoruba trying to paint the Igbos black, then let it be so..fvcck off already!
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Palace32: 12:58am On Nov 05, 2019
lyndaway:
Try and discuss the issue with your parents and maybe you get one of your uncles that is understanding to be in the discussion if your parents still insist you may have to wait for your parent to change there mind or you quit the relationship cos one can't tell I have a friend with similar problem but they later got married you don't want to hear the aftermath of the marriage
Thank you so much for the advice. It's duly noted.
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Palace32: 1:01am On Nov 05, 2019
Martinez39:
How old are you? Are you an undergraduate or a graduate? If you are a graduate, do you have a job and do you still live with your parents?
I am a matured enough to be married, I'm independent, I stay alone and I have a thriving business. Thank you for dropping by.
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Palace32: 1:05am On Nov 05, 2019
Talvgsfh:

When it comes to love, there must have to be sacrifices to make and I think this is one of them. I'll advice u follow your heart and be with what brings you joy and happiness for life time. After all it's your life and not ur parent's..Gracias!
I really wish they see this wonderful reply. I hope and pray that the Lord touch their heart and make them see reasons why I should be left alone to make my desired choice for a partner.
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Chukapage(m): 6:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Palace32:
You expected me to insult him cos he made his own opinion? Do you think every igbos are tribalistic, insensitive and unreasonable like you are? If you think I'm Yoruba trying to paint the Igbos black, then let it be so..fvcck off already!
Afonja be proud of your roots!Stop being a cowardly impersonator! All Yorubas are saints dumb dummy! Fuvck too!! I could smell your lies , PRETENSE and fake story from a million miles ode!
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Rayton(m): 8:23am On Nov 05, 2019
chigoizie7:
As Africans and most importantly Nigerians and then much more importantly, IGBO’S, one of the reasons why we marry, I mean one of the most important reason is to procreate , that is to have children that will bear our names, takes over from where we stopped and then take care of us when we get older. That said.

We travel also to explore and look for better options for a better life. However, we tend to return home to our roots afterwards and of course with our children and wives too.

You had the opportunity to live in the western part of naija which exposed you to different tribes and most importantly the yorubas.

They are good people , they have lovely women too. But your parents fears are.

Will she be comfortable to always come down to the east with you and the kids? I mean, she doesn’t know anyone there, her family and friends and associates are mostly in the Yoruba land.

I will give you an example , I live in South Africa. There are many Nigerian men living here, most of them are so rich and well to do, old enough to get married. But they are not marrying South African women, trust me, these women are sexy, beautiful and well endowed. But one thing with them is, they can’t leave SA. Now we also know that the Nigerian men living in SA are only there to make money and then return home some day. Someone will be asking why these men only date those SA women and don’t marry them. Why would you marry a woman who is never willing to come live with you in Nigeria when you decides to retire ? What is the need of having kids that would never know where their father comes from?

You see, these women have their lives revolving around SA, families, friends, culture, associates . That they are not ready to leave for a new country.

Same thing is applicable to Inter tribal marriages in Nigeria.

How many Igbo men married to Yoruba or Hausa women lives in the east?

How many Yoruba or Hausa women married to IGBO men live in the south east ?

If you can answer these questions, then you will know why IGBO parents are always apprehensive about their wards getting married to other tribes especially when they do not live in the east.

Op tell your girlfriend that both of you are moving to the east to reside permanently and watch her reactions.

you naiiled it.
many Yoruba wives dont give a damn about the Igbo mans family or tradition or place .....they are happily married to him as far as he stays on the west with them and they both teach their kids Yoruba and English....
OP I speak Yoruba well,I love them enough but if you feel your girl may not like your people well enough to be one of them then quit... your parents are not wrong ,you are just blinded
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Palace32: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2019
Chukapage:
Afonja be proud of your roots!Stop being a cowardly impersonator! All Yorubas are saints dumb dummy! Fuvck too!! I could smell your lies , PRETENSE and fake story from a million miles ode!
Get lost! I don't need to argue with you cos you aren't worth it. Carry your tribalistic dead body commot for my thread. Onye iberibe
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Palace32: 9:31am On Nov 05, 2019
Rayton:

you naiiled it.
many Yoruba wives dont give a damn about the Igbo mans family or tradition or place .....they are happily married to him as far as he stays on the west with them and they both teach their kids Yoruba and English....
OP I speak Yoruba well,I love them enough but if you feel your girl may not like your people well enough to be one of them then quit... your parents are not wrong ,you are just blinded
Thank you very much boss for your input, I started a conversation about relocating to the East for a bigger and better business prospects yesterday. At first she hesitated and told me it wasn't going to be easy for her leaving her family and friends thousands of miles away from her just to be with me. Though I was shocked to the marrow by her reasons but later on as we conversed further deeper, she accepted to go with me to the east on one condition which is, I won't make her regret ever going to the East. (still trying to unravel what she meant by that statement).

All in all, she accepted out of love and affection for me. I don't see any reason whatsoever not to wife that girl.
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Palace32: 9:41am On Nov 05, 2019
Chukapage:
Afonja next time be proud of your origin You dead carcass translator can't deceive anybody bloody slowpoke Focus on Oshogbo ! You know you ain't Igbo and can NEVER be Igbo! Stop impersonating ole buruku!!
Okay. I don hear you sir. Just so you know.. I'm sad and disgusted that you are an igbo man. Have a good day
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Chukapage(m): 9:44am On Nov 05, 2019
Palace32:
Okay. I don hear you sir. Just so you know.. I'm sad and disgusted that you are an igbo man. Have a good day
Just so you know I am actually disappointed that you an Afonja coward had to impersonate Igbos to attack Igbos be a man and attack as Afonja you are bye! undecided
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Kennyswagz2: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
Chukapage:
Just so you know I am actually disappointed that you an Afonja coward had to impersonate Igbos to attack Igbos be a man and attack as Afonja you are bye! undecided
look at this useless criminal Igbo monkey here coming here to talk trashgringrin who wants to marry a criminal flat head like you gringringringrin
The way you guys talk, one would think you guys are Europeans gringringrin
Foolish yamree set of peoplegringringrin
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by nlPoster: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hm!
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 06, 2019
Same here
Re: My Parent are ruining my happiness, won't allow me make my choice by Stephaflex: 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
GBAMM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Marry An Independent, Divorcee/'single mother' Nigerian Woman? / Help! People Think My Gf Is Ugly / My Trip To Ilorin,sms I Got From My Wife As I Arrived Safetly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.