Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,302 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter (63737 Views)

This Is My Prayer About 2023 General Election / Biodun Fatoyinbo Spotted At Shiloh 2020, Nigerians React (video) / Pastor Adeboye's 'Deep Hole' Tweet That Got People Talking On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2019
OkCornel:

I’ve read it. And yet many Nigerians keep on trooping in and out of churches and mosques many times a week praying this selfish prayer...and yet we’re still where we are as a nation.

Unless the God of Joseph is totally different from the “god” Nigerians worship and serve.

I have only showed u how and y adeboyes prayer is in order. That was what u were contesting. If u don't believe what I have shown u, there's nothing more I can do
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2019
lexy2014:

I have only showed u how and y adeboyes prayer is in order. That was what u were contesting. If u don't believe what I have shown u, there's nothing more I can do

And Joseph desperately prayed for this favour I see?

I guess the likes of Cyrus and Nebuchadnezzar prayed to God for favour before attaining their positions of power as well
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by 1Sharon(f): 9:19am On Oct 29, 2019
Look at them. Typical Christians. Always wanting to reap where they didn't sow.

Ursupers and greedy lot.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:19am On Oct 29, 2019
BluntBoy:

Oh, has He given them Egypt till this day? The Promised Land was given to them on a platter of gold, right? They didn't work for it. The people simply fled when they saw the Israelites? The Israelites did not fight series of war against the Canaanites. War protocols was simply broken and the Israelites just went into Canaan and took the land.

D same thing we are saying. Pls debunk Isaiah 43:3-4 and when someone shows u favour, pls reject it. It that so difficult?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by shineeye1: 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
supremenews:
Pastor Adeboye's prayer which was shared on Twitter has started off a controversy on the social media platform.

The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) General Overseer's prayer centered on the suspension of protocols, rules, and criteria just like God did for Joseph.

The prayer read;

https://mobile.twitter.com/PastorEAAdeboye/status/1188348014911467521

However, some Nigerians felt the prayer encouraged nepotism, corruption, and mediocrity.

https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/10/nigerians-tackle-pastor-adeboye-over.html

Free the man! Argue with the God of Joseph!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by BluntBoy(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
lexy2014:

Genesis 39:2-3; Genesis 39:21-23

The Bible was recorded from the perspective of the writer, not the prison warden.

What the prison warden saw was a Joseph who always had success in whatever he did. You can't but trust a man who is hardworking.

Joseph was hardworking. God crowned his efforts by making sure his works always had success.

If Joseph was lazy and carefree, you think he would have found favor even in the eyes of God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by shineeye1: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
1Sharon:
Look at them. Typical Christians. Always wanting to reap where they didn't sow.

Ursupers and greedy lot.

Free the man abeg! Argue with the God of Joseph!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2019
lexy2014:

D same thing we are saying. Pls debunk Isaiah 43:3-4 and when someone shows u favour, pls reject it. It that so difficult?

I hope you’re also claiming the curses of God in Isaiah chapter 1-40 too.

The love with which people can pick out a few bible verses in isolation and quote them out of context is quite lovely
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2019
OkCornel:

And Joseph desperately prayed for this favour I see?

I don't if he prayed. I don't no if he didn't pray. Ur Bible says pray. D bottom line is that in Genesis 39:2-3 and in verses 21-23, d Bible showed us d key to Josephs success. If u have a different scripture to debunk it, pls feel free to share
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, now, you are trying to demean Joseph's position in Portipher's house by saying he was merely the head slave?

My Bible said Portipher put Joseph in charge of his household and everything he owned. Joseph worked in administrative capacity.

Doesn't look like a mere head slave to me.

Genesis 39:1 will b helpful here
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by gymer(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2019
I know of somebody who prayed this kind of prayer, and for the first time in his organization, he was made the head of a department when he was not yet at the grade level to become an head of a department. He was later promoted to that grade level the following year. The things of God are foolishness to the unsaved.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by shineeye1: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2019
You can work all you can and still have no opportunity. That does not overrule the factor of hardworking in attaining success.
It is hardwork and God's appointments that bring success
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2019
OkCornel:

The love with which people can pick out a few bible verses in isolation and quote them out of context is quite lovely

If u feel people are picking only d blessings and not d curses, then pls reject d blessings and claim d curses.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2019
lexy2014:

I don't if he prayed. I don't no if he didn't pray. Ur Bible says pray. D bottom line is that in Genesis 39:2-3 and in verses 21-23, d Bible showed us d key to Josephs success. If u have a different scripture to debunk it, pls feel free to share

And the same bible says “a man’s gift maketh way for him”

It also says “see a man diligent in his works, he shall stand before kings and not mere men”

This is what opens doors, and not empty prayers of favour backed without actions.

Prayers that appeals to mental laziness. If it’s by praying this kind of prayers, Nigeria should be one of the best countries in the world na...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2019
lexy2014:

If u feel people are picking only d blessings and not d curses, then pls reject d blessings and claim d curses.

What I’m telling you is to see the bigger picture. Understand the bigger picture on the book of Isaiah and stop cherry picking verses and quoting them out of context. Jeez!
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by BluntBoy(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2019
lexy2014:

You should ask for favor, not encourage corruption.

It is never God's intentions to encourage nepotism. God did not just choose Abraham out of nepotism. He singled Abraham out because Abraham was a good man.

He didn't single Noah out, he chose Noah because he was a good man.

To find favor with God, you must have done your own work.

You want to pass an exam, at least, read hard and give out your best in the exams. Even if you can't answer all the questions, do the ones you know, and try and put some effort. Then, you can start praying to God to make you find favor in the eyes of the person that would mark your paper(s). You have already found favor in the eyes of God with your effort.

God crowns efforts, He doesn't crown a lack of effort.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 29, 2019
This is the kind of topic that NL atheists love to flex their muscles on...

The prayer is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind... There is no controversy here.. . It is a clear cut prayer point...

All these keyboard experts sef undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:30am On Oct 29, 2019
BluntBoy:

The Bible was recorded from the perspective of the writer, not the prison warden.

What the prison warden saw was a Joseph who always had success in whatever he did. You can't but trust a man who is hardworking.

Joseph was hardworking. God crowned his efforts by making sure his works always had success.

If Joseph was lazy and carefree, you think he would have found favor even in the eyes of God?

So d story of Joseph u are arguing about was it from d perspective of d writer u read it or from d perspective of d prison warden?

Now u are saying "God crowned his efforts by making sure his works always had success." D question is what if God didn't crown his efforts?

So by this statement u have contradicted urself and at d same time agreed with d scriptures I quoted. If u arguing d Bible, pls present scriptures
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by gymer(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2019
OkCornel:

You can decide to go for the curses and allow others to pick the blessings. It is your choice, if your understanding of the Bible did not tell you that those curses are for the disobedient and enemies of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by 1Sharon(f): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2019
Nnamebuka:

This is exactly what I noticed a number of times I attended Jehovah witness church. You can tell their teachings are always practical and impacting. Not all these unrealistic expectations from the world and in life.

You could walk into anyone closer to you one of these Sundays.

Planning getting serious. just working on a few things in my life presently

Who told you their teachings are realistic?

Promoting suicide and not getting an education?

They are another deluded sect but I still love them
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by Reference(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2019
OkCornel:
Self centred prayer. Always about me, me, me, me and me.

The bane of the modern Pentecostal Movement. Projects selfishness to dizzying levels.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2019
No wonder half baked graduates that can’t light a candle near their foreign counterparts will take solace in this kind of silly prayers while wasting their useful life rotting away in the labor market.

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2019
BluntBoy:

You should ask for favor, not encourage corruption.

It is never God's intentions to encourage nepotism. God did not just choose Abraham out of nepotism. He singled Abraham out because Abraham was a good man.

He didn't single Noah out, he chose Noah because he was a good man.

To find favor with God, you must have done your own work.

You want to pass an exam, at least, read hard and give out your best in the exams. Even if you can't answer all the questions, do the ones you know, and try and put some effort. Then, you can start praying to God to make you find favor in the eyes of the person that would mark your paper(s). You have already found favor in the eyes of God with your effort.

God crowns efforts, He doesn't crown a lack of effort.

Am I d author of Isaiah 43:3-4? Pls take ur grievances to d author of Isaiah 43:3-4. If u don't like what d scripture says, then move along. So far, u haven't been able to debunk d scriptures. U just arguing without any basis
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2019
gymer:

You can decide to go for the curses and allow others to pick the blessings. It is your choice, if your understanding of the Bible did not tell you that those curses are for the disobedient and enemies of God.

This is exactly my problem with people who mistake delusions for faith.

Try and understand what the bigger picture of the book of Isaiah entails and stop quoting verses out of context!

You all want to pray for the prize while turning a blind eye to the price.

You think God is a fool?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by BluntBoy(m): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2019
gymer:
I know of somebody who prayed this kind of prayer, and for the first time in his organization, he was made the head of a department when he was not yet at the grade level to become an head of a department. He was later promoted to that grade level the following year. The things of God are foolishness to the unsaved.

And you have concluded that protocols and criteria were bent in his favor?

Do you know how promotions work?

Do you know that there are people who pray this type of prayer and have not been promoted in many years? Of course, there are. You see them complaining and wasting hours in church asking for promotion. They fail to balance faith with work.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2019
OkCornel:

And where is the place for works? Where is the place for discipline?

Or did Joseph pray himself into the position of prime minister in Egypt?

All these kind of prayer points that appeals to the mental laziness of religious zealots is really disgusting.
The prayer point didn't say that the guy will not work.. ..
People just hate anything that has to do with God..
I pity this mentality of ours..
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2019
Reference:

The bane of the modern Pentecostal Movement. Projects selfishness to dizzying levels.

They can’t pray for God to give them ideas on how to make the world a better place.

They can’t pray for God to open their heads and help them think of solutions to some of life’s critical problems.

It is stupid prayers like this that appeals to their mental laziness they eagerly hop on.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2019
Rednaxelot:
That is what you see from people who believe everything they see in the Bible is right and real

Fool
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by lexy2014: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2019
OkCornel:

What I’m telling you is to see the bigger picture. Understand the bigger picture on the book of Isaiah and stop cherry picking verses and quoting them out of context. Jeez!

Oga, if I cherry pick, thats between me& God. It has nothing to do with u. In ur r/ship with God, u free not to cherry pick. That's not my problem
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 9:40am On Oct 29, 2019
Centcanada:
Those people you always see on a social media opposing what a man of God said are not Christian. Bewarn! Don't do what people do! A good Christian whether Catholic or Pentecostal don't oppose a man of good. Whatever a man of God said, he or she had said it and it depend on God to question or sanction them. Be careful not to fall victim. Stay away from any negative form against a man of God. Just an advice.

I don't like saying things that have to do with religion by assumption. I respond using the book you so much believe in so that you will not say that I am the one that formulated it.

John 7:24
Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”

1 Timothy 5:20
But those elders who are sinning you are to reprove before everyone, so that the others may take warning.

1 Corinthians 5:12
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Galatians 2:11
But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.

Back to the topic, here is what the scripture is saying about it.

Romans 2:11
For God does not show favoritism.

Acts 10:34
Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism.

Now this is how a Christian should behave.
Acts 7:11-12
11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 As a result, many of them believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by OkCornel(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2019
eni4real:
The prayer point didn't say that the guy will not work.. ..
People just hate anything that has to do with God..
I pity this mentality of ours..

Another person with a funny way of interpreting things.

So telling someone to put their God given brain and talent into use...rather than disturbing God with pointless prayer points now means I hate anything that has to do with God?

Abeg go and read Jesus’ parables on the talents and tell me whether the two guys with 5 and 2 talents were busy praying for favour rather than working on their talents to get multiple returns.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Prayer About Protocols Suspended: Nigerians React On Twitter by BluntBoy(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2019
lexy2014:

Am I d author of Isaiah 43:3-4? Pls take ur grievances to d author Isaiah 43:3-4. If u don't like what d scripture says, then move along. So far, u haven't been able to debunk d scriptures. U just arguing without any basis

I am tired of examining scriptures picked and read in isolation.

Every favor God granted came after the person had put in some effort either in good character or in hardwork.

It supports my argument that God crowns efforts, not a lack of effort.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Free Sex Is Not Really Free / Is Fornication Really A Sin? / Demystifying Evolution! Exposing It And Its Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.