Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here (40941 Views)

Those That Travel Abroad As Dependents, Come In And Share Your Abroad Stories / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Road Travel Security Experiences - Please Share Your Personal Stories Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ojonugway(m): 11:21am On Nov 12, 2019
lavenjcrown:
is like we are sharing the same spirit together. here are all my plans you just listed. may thy Lord see us through and answer our heart desire.

Since we share seem ambitions...let's share contacts if that's ok by you
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by SeanPablo(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2019
waynedc:

I currently live in DC and life here in the US comes with sanity, good roads, security, constant light and water, fast and solid WiFi, more available jobs to do to the extent that you'll get tired of working but you'll pay a price for these extra comforts you get to enjoy here.

After you arrive you'll need about 3 to 5 years to settle yourself or catch up with those born here/already here - get your papers (could take anywhere from 6 months to 2 or 3 years or even 5 years), go to school here again (msc, attend nursing school or do an IT certification for a couple of months) and build your credit history. You need 3 things to succeed here - papers, US education (our certificates are rarely recognized here) and good credit. Once you have these 3, you'll have a comfortable life, well-paying job and a nice car and house. The caveat though is that your house or car will most likely be bought on credit/loan and you'll spend a significant number of your years working away paying off these debts. If you're up to the task, you'll work your a$$ off like crazy and it's going to seem like an unending cycle. You're going to make money here but America is a well-planned system that has a way of ensuring that all that money you're making stays within the country aka the rat race (like Robert Kiyosaki would say). Sending money back home in huge numbers to achieve one or two projects might become tough except you decide to truly live well below your means (which would mean renting a cheap place instead of buying a house with expensive mortgage, driving a used and cheap car vs buying one with an auto loan etc). If you can sacrifice your comfort in order to achieve things, you'll be fine. There is a side of America you don't get to see in her movies and it gets clearer to you after you land.

There are well-paying jobs in IT and nursing and if you're willing to do any of these jobs regardless of your current differing career/occupation, you could be making between $75k to $150k or more at the peak of your career. Uncle Sam takes a significant portion away as taxes but you can achieve with what's left if you make smart financial decisions. You're going to be paying a lot of bills each month - light, water, gas, internet, rent/mortgage, car note, student loan payments (if any) etc. Every single amenity enjoyed here is fully accounted and paid for. Financially speaking, you will not be rich but you will be comfortable, possibly to the extent that it gets easy to become laid-back or engrossed in the rat race and forget to make smart financial decisions back home.

I've been here for some years now, I got my papers (citizenship very soon), my US education, good credit and a growing company of my own. It was not easy but it took several years of sacrificing my comfort and intense focus to get here.

Bombshell: If you are wealthy already in Nigeria or you earn at least N500,000 or higher per month, you'll probably enjoy life better than your peers here. There's no point coming here. If you are anywhere not even close to middle class in Nigeria (lower class and below) and are hardworking, by all means come here if you can.

In all, do I recommend that you come? Absolutely!

Good luck

best break down so far.
God bless you...….undiluted truth...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ahiboilandgas: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
SeanPablo:

best break down so far.
God bless you...….undiluted truth...
hmm very good analysis make I kukuma stay since I earn above 500k ...na only paid phd I fit come do
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by pedi(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2019
Soul47:

Just finished school last year, doing my NYSC at the moment.

Should pass out by February, 2020.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Baba good information day ground o.o scholarship in Sweden.chat me sharply 08177122497
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Dre183(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2019
pedi:

Baba good information day ground o.o scholarship in Sweden.chat me sharply 08177122497
Fully funded scholarship?
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by pedi(m): 7:17am On Nov 13, 2019
Dre183:

Fully funded scholarship?
100 pecent of
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Soul47(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2019
adewumiopeyemi:
Still planning to move. I just did IELTS which I score 6.5My mum just being granted 5 years visa to canadaa moving next month Immediately and she only want to spend 4month by the grace wen she is back in April I will be moving also

Hello, have you gotten your Visa? How did you go about it?

I wrote my IELTS and had 7.5, I also have a 4.64 CGPA

Can you guide me on how to apply to a school in Toronto?

Thanks
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Agbeni33: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2019
Preetychina22:

Similar reply to a nairalander on this topic:
I know it's better it's better out there, but that's only if you go prepared: having a degree (that sells), having capital for business, or having a skill (that sells).
A lot of people travel unprepared thinking they'll pick money on the streets of America and sadly it's only a dream. For the reason a lot of people are stuck in America feeding from hand to mouth.or every 1 Nigerian you see in America looking flashy and living good, there 5 more who are stuck living from cheque to cheque. That your friend will never tell you this. That's the truth, but when people like me who are experienced say it, Nigerians attack me.
As I write this there are Nigerians in America that you're richer than. Believe it or not.
I encourage people to travel, but also I always emphasize on preparation. If you don't prepare you will wish you never left Nigeria.
I went to a restaurant in Poland and met a Nigerian who told me hadn't eaten the whole day. I bought him a plate of food. There are Nigerians begging on the streets of London and Italy. They went unprepared.
I will you all the best bro.

If I may ask, what is the definition of your PREPARATION?. preparation in what way?
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by LONEER(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
ultron12345:
Well, my travels to abroad have never been to stay there, just mostly for vacations, so nothing much to say about that. From Vancouver to New York to London to Paris to Sydney. I love traveling. My favorite destination is Singapore though (you can spend an entire month at Changi Airport and not get bored). If not for language barriers, I'll have loved South Korea too, and maybe Japan and Scandinavia.

No matter what country I visit (even my favourite Singapore), the happiest and most joyous moment of my trip is always when I land at MMIA Lagos, and see the three words highlighted in yellow- WELCOME TO NIGERIA. My heart just swells uncontrollably with joy and tears of joy flow from my eyes.

After I finished university few years back, majority of my mates started making plans to move abroad. Some succeeded and moved, while some are still at it today. However, I decided to remain in Nigeria and contribute my quota to national development, and I have never regretted it. In fact, staying in Nigeria was the best decision I've ever made in my life. What I see of some Nigerians abroad whenever I visit, especially in the US, the Middle East and most especially Asia, is not encouraging at all.

Nigeria has been a blessing to my family and I. From the almost free university education I received (without debt on my neck like my counterparts abroad) to a very fruitful business environment. Business has been booming. If I'm to be return to this earth, I'll choose to return as a Nigerian. I will forever remain in Nigeria. I can frequently go for visits abroad, maybe for a week or two, after which I'm returning back to my wonderful country. I feel sad that my fellow Nigerian youth fail to see the numerous opportunities I'm this country. All they think about is moving abroad. Even the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese have seen that Nigeria is a goldmine and are all rushing here to snatch a share of the gold.

However, everyone has different destinies. Nigeria will favour some people, while it won't favour some. Abroad will favour some, and won't favour others too.

My advice is, if you want to live a modest life, working jobs, driving one car at most, owning one house after paying mortgage over decades, then abroad is for you (legally oo, and be ready to endure excruciating amounts of racism). But if you want to be rich, Nigeria is the place to be. My wife, kids and I have chosen the later over the former.

Nigeria is the land of opportunities.

Hmmm I think you're living in a different Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by birdmansoho: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
Adek15:
Guys, I just started the process of getting a student visa to study in Poland. My aim is to use my student status to work there even if it's menial job till I finish my studies there and get a permanent residency permit. Now my question is:
1. As a student, will I be able to work in my free time doing menial jobs?
2. I intend paying my second semester school fees upward from the money I get doing those menial jobs? The first semester fee will be paid with the savings I have right now
3. Is it possible to get a resident permit after a year of schooling there because I don't intend coming back to Nigeria after my studies.

Note: All my savings right now will be spent on visa application, school fees etc so I will have nothing or little when I get to poland.

I am working in Nigeria (I'm a civil engineer/Project planner and I know a little about IT) but underpaid, I even borrow money to feed sometimes, it's that bad. I just want to live a modest life and help people.. Being a dangote isn't my dream at all.

An honest advice even though it’ll be ignored as I can see your mind is made up. Your intention of sponsoring yourself in Poland while schooling won’t materialise. There are no jobs in Poland and the few jobs there are poorly paid. You can’t sponsor yourself while studying and without regular support from family and friends in any country not even the UK or US where jobs are abound. Many have come to the UK with failed hope of sponsoring themselves while studying. Polish are moving to EU countries and Britain in search of greener pastures like Nigerians travel for same reasons. Avoid Poland.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by birdmansoho: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
Bioles1187:
Instead of them to contribute or help someone. Na argument.. Mk I just see opportunity enter Europe weather na Kazakhstan, Russia Serbia any country if na Asia self bye bye to Nigeria be that...

Did I just see Russia? Please better go to your village and start farming than think of it. It’ll be more fruitful than traveling to Russia. A very sincere advise.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by LONEER(m): 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Lol you nor get sense , your problem na envy .

I can see through it with your last comment.

You one see account balance.

Sit down there they argue with person wey fit pay your salary from investment returns alone.

Im on holidays so I'm just catching fun ..

sir Pls I can work for you oh
I'm in naija
life hasn't been easy with me
I'm hoping of doing a per time job alongside going to school Pls help me sir
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by goalgetter01: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
Beautyaddy:

How's that? That's not true.

No government abroad is holding any foreigner hostage to stay back in their Country
what he meant is " financially" try and get his point bro!
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Bioles1187(m): 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
birdmansoho:

Did I just see Russia? Please better go to your village and start farming than think of it. It’ll be more fruitful than traveling to Russia. A very sincere advise.
because Russia don't favour some ppl doesn't mean Russia is bad...Nigeria wey we dey who e favour..I only believe in god

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by DexterousOne(m): 11:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
LONEER:

Hmmm I think you're living in a different Nigeria

Haha

Leave am

Nigeria will generally favour some people.

And those Lebanese and other guys coming in are coming with big capital
Something most Nigerians have ZERO ACCESS TO.

All we have is our markets
Quality of life na zero for this shitjoke

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by jany(f): 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2019
ozonechrome:
I started my abroad journey here in this forum and finally got my PR in Nov 2018.
I was working in a bank here so I was able to afford money for the entire process.

Cost me about 2m exams and all including visa fees.

I left this country with my daughter she was about 2yrs old to Australia in Dec 2018 with less that AUD3k

It was really tough in the first 3months as I didn't know anyone and had a child to care for as well.
The Nigerians I met here then were not so kind but some were.

I got a factory job after a month and was able to start paying bills plus baby daycare fees.
It was really tough for me.

After 3months I got a professional job in a company I never dreamt of.
I love my job and I'm happy.

Did it pay off? hell yeah!!

I've made all I spent long time ago.
I'm comfortable and happy and love God so much because he let me go through all I did so that I can get close to him and it worked.

Sharing to encourage you all especially women.
Don't let any make you feel that you are not enough or treat you less.
Love yourself and God will always see you through.

Hello, can I PM you?
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Niranye: 1:01am On Dec 29, 2019
I hope this is not coming late, I just recently joined to see if there's anyway I can be of help to someone as regards information with studying in Poland. (I don't know how posting stuffs work here though. Smiles)

1. You can get to work as a student, if you come into Poland with a National Visa which is usually valid for one year. It might take a while before you find a job though (as you would not have the required polish language skills to get jobs requiring that). An option is UberEats which a lot of students do, once you have a bicycle, you can do food delivery while you are also studying.

2. If you plan well and work well, you may be able to do that, though it will be challenging depending on how much your school fee is. With your IT skills, it will do you a lot of good to take a couple of courses on Udemy to have certification which will increase your chances of getting a good job in IT firms. They are the high paying jobs, that way, paying your tuition by installments won't be difficult.

3. You can get your Temporary Residency Permit before your visa expires once you apply early enough with the right documents. Permanent Residency Permit comes with many years of residency in Poland, so that should not be a priority for now.

* Also you need to look out for schools in bigger cities like Warsaw, Krakow, Poznan where there are more opportunities for Foreigners

And above all let the Lord lead you, if you already have a relationship with Him. If not, this is a good season to start. smiley

I hope this proves helpful.

Adek15:
Guys, I just started the process of getting a student visa to study in Poland. My aim is to use my student status to work there even if it's menial job till I finish my studies there and get a permanent residency permit. Now my question is:
1. As a student, will I be able to work in my free time doing menial jobs?
2. I intend paying my second semester school fees upward from the money I get doing those menial jobs? The first semester fee will be paid with the savings I have right now
3. Is it possible to get a resident permit after a year of schooling there because I don't intend coming back to Nigeria after my studies.

Note: All my savings right now will be spent on visa application, school fees etc so I will have nothing or little when I get to poland.

I am working in Nigeria (I'm a civil engineer/Project planner and I know a little about IT) but underpaid, I even borrow money to feed sometimes, it's that bad. I just want to live a modest life and help people.. Being a dangote isn't my dream at all.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by AheadAhead123: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
birdmansoho:
I knew I’d have better prospect abroad than Naija so to cut long story short, I met my wife in a school in Abuja where she was visiting with her two friends, they had visited a primary school to donate some study materials to a school in Garki during a college break. We started talking from then until a year later when she came down to Naija to see me and I proposed and we got married at AMAC registry Abuja few days later and 3months after I moved to Britain to join her. My life has never been thesame again and now a naturalised citizen, obtain a pharmacy degree and never regretted.

Hi there, what are the prospects for a new immigrant in London? I am not a Pharmacist o.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by AheadAhead123: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
bamangar:

Bro, I can see frustration and desperation in you. I take God Beg you, Calm down. I know of a guy here who lost millions runsing Dubai visa. He also lost out in US. Finally Germany scholarship school came through and it was legitimate. He's now studying there. Please don't use desperation to land yourself in all those weird countries. I will advise you to hustle hard, make your money are move to sane country. With N1.5m you can get Canada PPR through AIPP. You don't even need an agent to do it. YOU DON'T NEED AN AGENT TO TRAVEL, YOU ONLY NEED INFORMATION.
stay away from Agents

How do I go about this for me and DW?
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by AheadAhead123: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
AmNuhRegular:

Sorry, you said 1.5 million can get somebody Canadian PPR? what about the 3.5 million account balance that's required when going there

Tell me more Sir. I thought it is only 1.5 Mill is needed. shocked
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by AheadAhead123: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
ozonechrome:
I started my abroad journey here in this forum and finally got my PR in Nov 2018.
I was working in a bank here so I was able to afford money for the entire process.

Cost me about 2m exams and all including visa fees.

I left this country with my daughter she was about 2yrs old to Australia in Dec 2018 with less that AUD3k

It was really tough in the first 3months as I didn't know anyone and had a child to care for as well.
The Nigerians I met here then were not so kind but some were.

I got a factory job after a month and was able to start paying bills plus baby daycare fees.
It was really tough for me.

After 3months I got a professional job in a company I never dreamt of.
I love my job and I'm happy.

Did it pay off? hell yeah!!

I've made all I spent long time ago.
I'm comfortable and happy and love God so much because he let me go through all I did so that I can get close to him and it worked.

Sharing to encourage you all especially women.
Don't let any make you feel that you are not enough or treat you less.
Love yourself and God will always see you through.

WOW! I might consider PR program but I dont know how to go about it.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Skykid1208(m): 7:29am On Dec 31, 2019
abelwealth:

Yes go and get this book by donald asher
"write your way through graduate admission essay".. You will love it..
DAAD is a german exchange service (a scholarship board based in germany)
Alot of scholarship are offered tru DAAD..check it out..

Reference!
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Dallasfinest: 9:05am On Dec 31, 2019
superamoled:
Everything was nice until I decided to come back and settle in 9ja.

I no know who send me

Wow shocked
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
abelwealth:
Please i still repeat no idiot or bastard should tell u rubbish about european countries..
My broda if u go on a legit way,hustle and pray..you will smile at last..
Africa as a whole is hell..nobody should deceive you..even if you are nt doing anytin ova dere. The environment alone will tell u dere is still hope..
The main tin is to hustle..nothing more..naija no lazy bro..
Bro can't love less........ You just made my day.
Even the scenery environment is enough for you only. Don't mind those people discouraging others about abroad, even them no dey gree come to naija again.... Lol
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Onabeem(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
in 7 months time, I will give my testimony here.�❤️❤️

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by stefflos: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Chrismanuels(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
stefflos:
Are you out yet
She has
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by stefflos: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by WhyNa: 3:55am On Jul 29, 2021
stefflos:

Are you out yet
Wow.

Totally forgot about this.

Yes. Since February 2020. I opened my own thread

#GodWin
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2021
kizyalex10:
abroad get levels ooo.no be cambodia....will bring my own gist when am less busy.am at work...
Bros is Korea a nice county and how are u coping with the language barrier.?
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by stefflos: 11:11am On Jul 29, 2021
WhyNa:

Wow.

Totally forgot about this.

Yes. Since February 2020. I opened my own thread

#GodWin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes Along Lokoja Road, People Burnt To Death - Graphic PICS / Aviation Authority Investigates Helicopter's Landing On Benin-ore Highway / Russian Military Plane Crashes In Ivanovo With 15 Onboard; All Dead(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.