Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,464 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:54 AM

Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here (40425 Views)

Those That Travel Abroad As Dependents, Come In And Share Your Abroad Stories / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Road Travel Security Experiences - Please Share Your Personal Stories Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by odimbannamdi(m): 7:23am On Nov 09, 2019
victorian:

I don't jump into conclusions .

I mention more about the life here in Nigeria, how some Nigerians can deliberately hold down money meant to be paid for services rendered. Whether it makes them happy the service render is always asking for his or her balance I don't even know.
Or companies withholding salaries. I know of one next to my office. They owe this new secretary money after like two months, she couldn't bear the suffering anymore, she had to arrest the manager of the company and file a report at the police station. Police came, sealed up the office and invited the manager to the station, cause the OgA has traveled and not always around.

Mehn, they paid her money in full before the gate of the company was opened up again. She is one lady who didn't take rubbish from her employers, because the company is known to always place advert on Guardian, people with suits and tie will queue up there during interview, not knowing the company only uses people. For a month or so, then only the employee will leave by himself.

It's that bad.

So I'm talking of what I know

Then I have a friend living abroad, before he left naija, he was suffering Even though he has a job. When he travelled and started a job abroad. Come and see this guy now, we always video chat. He looks so frosh and fine, I almost proposed to him. Not too long ago, he recorded himself suited up and dancing on his whatsapp status. He looked so happy, robust, dancing and singing . I was like wow! I was forced to pray for him through whatsapp call., that his joy will never be cut off! His joy will be complete sooner than he expect in Jesus name.
I was so happy in my spirit seeing him very happy and robust unlike when he was in naija.
As in that's when I realised Nigeria is hell fire!

Na hell fire ooooo! I will scream it loud for all to hear, if it's possible to scream online sef angry

Nigerians abroad don't believe the lies. Some people say here o!

It's terrible here, except u know God that's when ones path can be soft and rosy. That's for me anyways.

I have said my own o

As in! It us just a tale of lies.

Nigerians here are telling people on the diaspora that life is good, but the bigger lies come from those in the diaspora that life is tough (even while they are on legal papers ooo)

Make we just switch places

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by odimbannamdi(m): 7:30am On Nov 09, 2019
godwon01:
Nice topic. My story goes like this. To travel outside Nigeria is a nice idea but I will not advice any body to go this time around. I left the shore of the country twenty years ago when Europe was rosy for foreigners. Now abroad is not like as it was used to be. The economy is very bad globally. The job is no longer there again. Plenty of people with little jobs. Nigerian reputation now is not as it used to be before. Immigration law is very tight now. To get residential permit to work is very strict now. If at the end of the day U managed to get out , U will be shocked what you will see. Things are very tough now. Anyway best of luck to those who still want to go.

What country are u in, sir?
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ojonugway(m): 7:40am On Nov 09, 2019
Muleriders:
Start with yours, let's hear from you

Modified!!!

Now that we are on front page, let me learn from others so as to prepare my traveling too. grin.

An anonymous once said.
Its good to believe and hope in greater Nigeria,
Its better to pray for a greater Nigeria.
And
Its best when you pray for Nigeria when you are outside

Being in the best category is one decision I never regretted taking smiley

lolz... funny but true
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ojonugway(m): 7:56am On Nov 09, 2019
Agarli:
I will share it soon once I get VISA

amen to that bro
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Rolly22(m): 8:03am On Nov 09, 2019
I was Denied US Visa yesterday.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ojonugway(m): 8:03am On Nov 09, 2019
abelwealth:
Mehn..this country has failed us oh..
Am currently in Naija not out yet..
Since person graduate no beta wrk..
Am currently saving badly bro..
The best and easiest way to move out is basically on scholarship,just get your transcript and prepare hard for ur english proficiency test..u are almost there bro..many scholarship full ground like coaltar..Gods willing we will scale tru.
Anoda way is by going to dubai on visit visa bro..if u are lucky b4 d 3 months expire u don get job..but its a menial one bro.u just need like 600k to 700k to do dat..with the rightful agent..
The country has failed us,me gats move out oh..
Possibly sef i use leg follow tru libya�������.the hard way bro..
If i see S.A free sef i go enta

its better you look for scholarship or better still hustle like 6m and move but all this Libya legwork ain't worth it neither is SA

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by pedi(m): 8:03am On Nov 09, 2019
Beautyaddy:

How's that hard?

What do you plan to do in Australia? Visiting or Staying?
Staying bro! Pls chat me if you have any idea about what I need to do. 08177122497.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by pedi(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2019
Soul47:

Just finished school last year, doing my NYSC at the moment.

Should pass out by February, 2020.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
If you are going under skill visa work experience in accounting is very very important
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 8:08am On Nov 09, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Please stay there and be making a Mickey out of yourself thinking you're talking to some naive lost naija Diaspora.

I hate to brag but ive bagged over 35 mill within d past two years since I started paying attention to the happenings in naija.

To succeed u need three critical things

PR

Access to capital

Connections

For me , my strategy is number two.

There are Nigerians killing it right now selling things as simple as hair. You just need that lousy Nigerian pr style around Ur biz and know how to source for correct products at the right price aimed at a specific target market.

Bro stop saying shit that isn’t fact and face reality. I don’t wanna believe that you’re into hairs or cream products and you’ve made more than 30 millions, grin grin grin because dat kinda business are mostly for girls that have good looking goody to advertise their main business and the other product cheesy cheesy and the latter pay the bills and buy the house and cars. (Majority of those gal are into runs not be fooled) why do you think your so called Bob risky is always talking about her man and other shit. Hope they’re not bleeping your ass with Love Machine or you bleeping old ladies?
1: Please I would like to know what kinda biz you’re into.
2: before you made that more profit over 30m you go de live around lekki/Vi axis. If na hair or cream business u de do. (Spending over 15m per year for house rent, store rent and other bills and you go de use Uber too) I go like know the state make you de and the city too.
3: stop using someone else life to brag here. Those things you see in instagram or Nollywood ain’t real. Majority of celebrities or those your mentors are living fake life. Let use reginal daniel as case study here, if she’s really earning good money she won’t have get married to that senator at 17 years old if that shit happen for developed countries that senator will be sent to jail for having sexual with an underage girl not to even talk about marrying her.
4: when you wrote that people are killing it! Are you only referring to the aristocracy clan or you included those with humble backgrounds?
NB I remember way back when I was still young as you, still have high hope in Nigeria and full with business ideas on how to make billion and have different companies grin grin but it’s just a mere possibility imagination with time you’ll learn hard. The only way those dreams can come to pass is if you’re from a very rich home or you travel out and make some money and come back to invest in Nigeria. I’m not saying there’re no opportunities here. There’re opportunities but the chance of making it from grass to grace is rare.

(To succeed u need three critical things
1PR 2Access to capital 3Connections)

Bro you’re really funny. So what about those that don’t have any of three?

1: I believe that one number point is (Power) for you to succeed you must either be powerful physically or spiritually right? (Physical power here are those thugs (agbero) that’ll rigged elections and the government will settle them with millions or billions. Then the spiritual power are those people that’ll use charms to sell their goods or services or use people for ritual?

2: Access To capital: Do you know how difficult it’s to get loans and the interest rate? How many years will it take to accumulate a initial capital for business? Or how many year it take to grow a small scale business that’ll give you 20m as profit?

3: yes connections!! Everything you do in Nigeria you must need some sort of connection first. To gain admission into university, to get a loans, to get govt job! everything even to join the Army as recruitment you need a general that will give you letter to give to the recruiting officer and the connections isn’t free you must pay 50k-100k and if you’re related to the top officers or if you can pay your ways around, you’ll not even go for training SMH.

To the end I’ll like to know where did you get your source of capital and the business you do.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by victorian(f): 8:53am On Nov 09, 2019
odimbannamdi:

As in! It us just a tale of lies.

Nigerians here are telling people on the diaspora that life is good, but the bigger lies come from those in the diaspora that life is tough (even while they are on legal papers ooo)

Make we just switch places

Abi o!

And come to think of it, the ones abroad telling People here in Nigeria, are either family members abroad Lying to their family members here in Nigeria, so they won't need to send a dime to the ones in Nigeria. How mean can such Nigerians in abroad be? No wonder the ones here are saying life is good, so they can coerce their stingy family members to come to Nigeria, and help them suck their pounds and dollars. I can now see the bigger picture why Nigerians in naija are saying life is good here.
Then also best of friends who went on different paths for greener pastures, the one abroad will tell the ones in Nigeria, they are suffering all not to assist their so called best friends suffering in Nigeria.

Can u imagine?
That's why both parties are lying to themselves. Lol

My own family abroad is guilty of such too. I just smile and withdraw from them. At least I'm surviving in Nigeria.

Anyways I thank God I have a friend abroad who doesn't lie to me about his finances, job and all. And when I'm broke, he doesn't hesitate to assist me.
We don't lie to ourselves. Because it's unnecessary. I'm not a sponge or sucking blood that will keep asking for money everytime. He knows I work hard for my money and if I ask him once in a blue moon, that means I'm really stuck somewhere and he sends money. God will keep blessing him for me. He will never see shame and sorrow or even poverty in his life in Jesus name amen. He's a nairalander and he knows himself smiley and we've not seen ourselves one on one before. Not even once! But he keeps helping with no strings attached. And we always chat like we are best of friends. God just made him one of my helpers.

Anyways Thank God for my hustles here. Abroad or not? We will make it here!

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by janettee(f): 9:23am On Nov 09, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Everybody will start saying its not easy but they won't come back to Nigeria and let us enjoy Baba Buhari together grin

Lool grin. It's not easy honestly tongue.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by iCauseTrouble: 9:25am On Nov 09, 2019
I can see that you are in Germany. Let me come and join you so that we can enjoy the uneasiness together
janettee:

Lool grin. It's not easy honestly tongue.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by soleexx(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2019
Kastrom:

I wish to do this thing and how do I go about it

it's Simple

pray about that particular request
give out to the Berger in street willing from ur hearth , all dis u must have faith in God...

after ur prayer section God will reveal his plan for you
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Kastrom: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2019
soleexx:

it's Simple

pray about that particular request
give out to the Berger in street willing from ur hearth , all dis u must have faith in God...

after ur prayer section God will reveal his plan for you

Thanks sir
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by janettee(f): 9:33am On Nov 09, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
I can see that you are in Germany. Let me come and join you so that we can enjoy the uneasiness together

You are always welcome cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2019
genq:

Dude it's great that Nigeria favoured YOU but unfortunately and realistically, your story doesn't apply to the vast majority of Nigerians living in Nigeria. There is no true middle class in Nigeria you are either rich or 'just getting by'.

People might read your story and feel encouraged in the moment but once they put the phone down, they are slapped in the face by the harsh reality of this HELL we call Nigeria - just one encounter with Sars is enough to make one flee this misery of a country, not to talk of the numerous bottlenecks that makes this dumpsite of a country inhabitable for sane human beings.

Trust me, I used to be a strong advocate for Nigeria myself but I got my wake up call. This country is done for!

It’s very obvious that he’s from one of those aristocracy clan (public fund looter) or into yahoo.... it’s crazy how you can be a motivational writer and be claiming success without letting people know how you get your initial capital or source you use to fund your business. SMH

NB anyone suffering in USA or other developed countries went there illegally or over stayed their welcome. Even those people have still have 3 square meals and best social amenities. 24/7 light included or the person is just too lazy to work and waiting for white collar job with Nigeria cef. People that work in warehouses have save at least $500 every month after all expenses.

Majority of homeless people in developed countries are illegal immigrants or drug addicted folks. While some white lazy will just decide to be homeless because the government deducted from their money allowance ( dis mostly happened in Europe)
Even dead Italy still house illegal Africa immigrants that use the sea and pay them monthly. provide foods, clothing, phones and other things for those immigrants.

He’s here comparing sane countries to Nigeria that more than 10m people live on top of water in Lagos, millions living in zinc house and under bridge in lag.

SMH talking about student loans grin angry grin
When majority of Nigeria (parents) can’t pay 30k tuition fee. Majority of the young ladies are into prostitution or sleeping around just to make end mean while the guys are into yahoo or start stealing. If you’re ready to go back to school the government in a developed countries the government will help you and you’re going pay back in interest ( I don’t see taking a student loans of $150k as enslaving oneself) when you start working you’ll make more than that in your first two years and payoff the loans in the next ten years because the government won’t take large part of your salary and leave you to work your ass out. It’s just too easy to make it in a sene countries.

He also talk about mortgages grin grin
It’s advisable not to buy house but to start a business along your main job and when you’ve made enough money you can later buy your house in full payment and it’s easy to start and run a business here. You’ll hardly have someone that’ll try to scam you or employees that will want to steal money.
The advantage of mortgage is that it allows you to own a nice house and stop paying rent and it’s the quickest way to own a home and you can spread your payments the way it you like.

He forgot to mention that majority of civil servants in Nigeria can’t build a house and it might take those government workers 10-20years to finish their house and some will just pack to the house like that without treated water, light, good road, majority of those people even build their house inside bush.

Come here de talk thrash

He even mentioned changi airport that was build with $1.3b and his bad leaders de loot billions of dollars each year without any social amenities or infrastructure.

SMH

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 10:31am On Nov 09, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Hello,

Please get your facts right. Nigerians pay their taxes "faithfully", but our taxes are not "executed" faithfully by our leaders. Rather than look for ways to plug the corruption menace and embezzling of public funds and taxes, the government wants to increase taxes we pay. For how long will that continue? In a country where majority of the people live on 1dollar a day, lawmakers go home with over 200m a year.

The country you are in now works because the taxes people pay are well utilized. I dont mind using 70% of my salary to pay for taxes as long as the good life will be provided for me.

Get your facts right bro.

Living in a sene country is the best bro. Not Nigeria where you pay tax and one slowpoke will pocket the money and keep it for his/her to spend foolishly or send their children to school aboard.
Traveling and settling permanently in developed country sometime it’s the price we pays for our future kids. Your kid might be the next basketball player just as Giannis Sina Ougko Antetokounmpo or great boxer like Joshua, football players, hockey etc. who knows

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Inferno001(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Interesting encounter. I am glad it ended well for you.

But i am wondering, why do people even use agent sef!!! Whether working, tourist or student visa, you can do it all by yourself. Agent no go see my one naira, lai lai!
bro it wasn't a travel agent o..I used football agents...you can't really make it out there without a football agent and that's why I fell for it..we have good agents out there but they're hard to find..even the ones who come to stadiums and are ex footballers are also scams..story for another day but for now I'm glad I learnt that way..my honey moon was planned and executed by me without a travel agent and it went well...football is different sir..

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by KingCurtis21: 10:39am On Nov 09, 2019
genq:

Oh and I'm tried of people shaming the modest way of life in the west. What is so bad about working a job - earning a honest living, driving a nice modern car and paying mortgage? Isn't that what normal responsible adults do? undecided

I guess one hasn't started life until you have a fleet of useless cars, numerous poorly built houses and millions of worthless nigerian naira in your account lipsrsealed

Mindsets like yours is why Nigeria will forever remain in a regressive state fuelled by an incurable systematic rot.

Facts..
Nor mind d guy. Na yahoo e de do.
Cars make plumbers don used for USA na e he de brag about say he get many cars grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by iCauseTrouble: 11:05am On Nov 09, 2019
How do I get started?
janettee:

You are always welcome cheesy.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by spiceadole: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2019
lebete3000:

Which exam do you think is better between IELT & OET?

It's not just about being better.
Its what is generally acceptable..
IELTS is.
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ultron12345: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
genq:

Dude it's great that Nigeria favoured YOU but unfortunately and realistically, your story doesn't apply to the vast majority of Nigerians living in Nigeria. There is no true middle class in Nigeria you are either rich or 'just getting by'.

People might read your story and feel encouraged in the moment but once they put the phone down, they are slapped in the face by the harsh reality of this HELL we call Nigeria - just one encounter with Sars is enough to make one flee this misery of a country, not to talk of the numerous bottlenecks that makes this dumpsite of a country inhabitable for sane human beings.

Trust me, I used to be a strong advocate for Nigeria myself but I got my wake up call. This country is done for!

I visited the US, and went to a shopping mall while there. The very next day, almost 10 people were shot dead at that very same mall. Just imagine how lucky I was, imagine if I postponed my shopping till the next day, I would probably been at high risk of been shot dead. And you think such experience isn't enough to make me flee such country, where everyone marches around with guns, and can just shoot anyone at will. Let me not begin with the police who are ready to shoot down anyone for just being black............God forbid bad thing.

Every country has ups and downs. Like I said earlier, if Nigeria favours you, then stay. If you think it is abroad that will favour you, then go. Everyones destiny is different.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by odimbannamdi(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
waynedc:

I currently live in DC and life here in the US comes with sanity, good roads, security, constant light and water, fast and solid WiFi, more available jobs to do to the extent that you'll get tired of working but you'll pay a price for these extra comforts you get to enjoy here.

After you arrive you'll need about 3 to 5 years to settle yourself or catch up with those born here/already here - get your papers (could take anywhere from 6 months to 2 or 3 years or even 5 years), go to school here again (msc, attend nursing school or do an IT certification for a couple of months) and build your credit history. You need 3 things to succeed here - papers, US education (our certificates are rarely recognized here) and good credit. Once you have these 3, you'll have a comfortable life, well-paying job and a nice car and house. The caveat though is that your house or car will most likely be bought on credit/loan and you'll spend a significant number of your years working away paying off these debts. If you're up to the task, you'll work your a$$ off like crazy and it's going to seem like an unending cycle. You're going to make money here but America is a well-planned system that has a way of ensuring that all that money you're making stays within the country aka the rat race (like Robert Kiyosaki would say). Sending money back home in huge numbers to achieve one or two projects might become tough except you decide to truly live well below your means (which would mean renting a cheap place instead of buying a house with expensive mortgage, driving a used and cheap car vs buying one with an auto loan etc). If you can sacrifice your comfort in order to achieve things, you'll be fine. There is a side of America you don't get to see in her movies and it gets clearer to you after you land.

There are well-paying jobs in IT and nursing and if you're willing to do any of these jobs regardless of your current differing career/occupation, you could be making between $75k to $150k or more at the peak of your career. Uncle Sam takes a significant portion away as taxes but you can achieve with what's left if you make smart financial decisions. Financially speaking, you will not be rich here but you will be very comfortable to the extent that you might become laid-back or engrossed in the rat race and forget to make smart financial decisions back home.

I've been here for some years now, I got my papers (citizenship very soon), my US education, good credit and a growing company of my own. It was not easy but it took several years of sacrificing my comfort and intense focus to get here.

Bombshell: If you are wealthy already in Nigeria or you earn at least N500,000 or higher per month, you'll probably enjoy life better than your peers here. There's no point coming here. If you are anywhere not even close to middle class in Nigeria (lower class and below) and are hardworking, by all means come here if you can.

In all, do I recommend that you come? Absolutely!

Good luck

Of all comments here, this is the most enlightening and expository. Thank you sir.

Please, what are the prospects of Suppy Chain Analytics in tue US? I am presently building a career in that niche.

Finally, who is Uncle Sam? Or did you mean Uncle Donald... grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by AmNuhRegular(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
bamangar:
PPR under AIPP. Kindly google Atlantic Immigration pilot program

Oh OK then
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by odimbannamdi(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
queengift:
In 9months time I will tell my story. From Nigeria to Ireland, my dream country

Why not now (the earliest admission intake)? Most countries are tightening up their emigration policy. In the next few years, it will be extremely difficult to even go to Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by ultron12345: 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
KingCurtis21:

It’s very obvious that he’s from one of those aristocracy clan (public fund looter) or into yahoo.... it’s crazy how you can be a motivational writer and be claiming success without letting people know how you get your initial capital or source you use to fund your business. SMH

NB anyone suffering in USA or other developed countries went there illegally or over stayed their welcome. Even those people have still have 3 square meals and best social amenities. 24/7 light included or the person is just too lazy to work and waiting for white collar job with Nigeria cef. People that work in warehouses have save at least $500 every month after all expenses.

Majority of homeless people in developed countries are illegal immigrants or drug addicted folks. While some white lazy will just decide to be homeless because the government deducted from their money allowance ( dis mostly happened in Europe)
Even dead Italy still house illegal Africa immigrants that use the sea and pay them monthly. provide foods, clothing, phones and other things for those immigrants.

He’s here comparing sane countries to Nigeria that more than 10m people live on top of water in Lagos, millions living in zinc house and under bridge in lag.

SMH talking about student loans grin angry grin
When majority of Nigeria (parents) can’t pay 30k tuition fee. Majority of the young ladies are into prostitution or sleeping around just to make end mean while the guys are into yahoo or start stealing. If you’re ready to go back to school the government in a developed countries the government will help you and you’re going pay back in interest ( I don’t see taking a student loans of $150k as enslaving oneself) when you start working you’ll make more than that in your first two years and payoff the loans in the next ten years because the government won’t take large part of your salary and leave you to work your ass out. It’s just too easy to make it in a sene countries.

He also talk about mortgages grin grin
It’s advisable not to buy house but to start a business along your main job and when you’ve made enough money you can later buy your house in full payment and it’s easy to start and run a business here. You’ll hardly have someone that’ll try to scam you or employees that will want to steal money.
The advantage of mortgage is that it allows you to own a nice house and stop paying rent and it’s the quickest way to own a home and you can spread your payments the way it you like.

He forgot to mention that majority of civil servants in Nigeria can’t build a house and it might take those government workers 10-20years to finish their house and some will just pack to the house like that without treated water, light, good road, majority of those people even build their house inside bush.

Come here de talk thrash

He even mentioned changi airport that was build with $1.3b and his bad leaders de loot billions of dollars each year without any social amenities or infrastructure.

SMH

It is your useless father that is a public fund looter and your whorish mother that is into yahoo. You think we don't know the so-called ballers in your abroad are into drugs and fraud.

He's talking about capital that I accumulated through intensive savings during my housemanship and National Service. Go f,,k yourself. You think everyone is lazy and stup1d like you. All they know is complaining of no money to start business but theres always money running into millions available to move abroad.

Carry on, how many hours have you worked this week? 300 hrs?

We know your type. Running daily from ICE, involved in fraud and drugs, sharing a room with 10 other people, living like dogs, while snapping pictures in front of fine roads and fine buildings they'll never be allowed to enter just to post on social media to deceive the gullible ones here. Shame will not allow them to admit their regrets and return home. That country that is the capital of homelessness, where more than 70% of their people are just one paycheck away from living on the street.

He's talking about saving $500 per month when confirmed statistics say almost 70% of Americans don't have enough money to deal with a $500- $1000 emergency need. Shey almost 70% of Americans are lazy na. Go and find out how much traders in many Nigerian markets make per month. Any trader in alaba market will buy you and your friends and relatives over there. One paycheck away from poverty people.

Same country where tens of thousands are been killed daily like chickens due to gun violence. And instead of the government to bring in gun control laws, they're busy playing politics with the lives of their citizens. I visit the US for just less than a week and a shooting takes place at the same location I visited the previous day. Thank God for my life. Just one week in the US and I'm almost shot dead.

Continue in your capital of homelessness and depression and crime.

Why should I even be wasting my time replying this ba5tard. He might even just be in one interior village in Nigeria, using free MB, typing into his 3.5" itel phone held together with numerous rubber bands, or at best, a visa agent looking for gullible ones to defraud.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Preetychina22(m): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
DexterousOne:

I'm surprised anyone compares life abroad with Nigeria

Am average person has a better shot to succeed abroad than in this failed shitjole dump called Nigeria

On average

There are outliers who succeed in Nigeria
But with the overwhelming poverty, foolishness and hopelessness in one space, one is better off abroad

No sentiment

One who did not make it abroad will most likely wouldn't have made it if he was in Nigeria
So it makes NO difference
Similar reply to a nairalander on this topic:
I know it's better it's better out there, but that's only if you go prepared: having a degree (that sells), having capital for business, or having a skill (that sells).
A lot of people travel unprepared thinking they'll pick money on the streets of America and sadly it's only a dream. For the reason a lot of people are stuck in America feeding from hand to mouth.or every 1 Nigerian you see in America looking flashy and living good, there 5 more who are stuck living from cheque to cheque. That your friend will never tell you this. That's the truth, but when people like me who are experienced say it, Nigerians attack me.
As I write this there are Nigerians in America that you're richer than. Believe it or not.
I encourage people to travel, but also I always emphasize on preparation. If you don't prepare you will wish you never left Nigeria.
I went to a restaurant in Poland and met a Nigerian who told me hadn't eaten the whole day. I bought him a plate of food. There are Nigerians begging on the streets of London and Italy. They went unprepared.
I will you all the best bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Preetychina22(m): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
victorian:

I don't jump into conclusions .

I mention more about the life here in Nigeria, how some Nigerians can deliberately hold down money meant to be paid for services rendered. Whether it makes them happy the service render is always asking for his or her balance I don't even know.
Or companies withholding salaries. I know of one next to my office. They owe this new secretary money after like two months, she couldn't bear the suffering anymore, she had to arrest the manager of the company and file a report at the police station. Police came, sealed up the office and invited the manager to the station, cause the OgA has traveled and not always around.

Mehn, they paid her money in full before the gate of the company was opened up again. She is one lady who didn't take rubbish from her employers, because the company is known to always place advert on Guardian, people with suits and tie will queue up there during interview, not knowing the company only uses people. For a month or so, then only the employee will leave by himself.

It's that bad.

So I'm talking of what I know

Then I have a friend living abroad, before he left naija, he was suffering Even though he has a job. When he travelled and started a job abroad. Come and see this guy now, we always video chat. He looks so frosh and fine, I almost proposed to him. Not too long ago, he recorded himself suited up and dancing on his whatsapp status. He looked so happy, robust, dancing and singing . I was like wow! I was forced to pray for him through whatsapp call., that his joy will never be cut off! His joy will be complete sooner than he expect in Jesus name.
I was so happy in my spirit seeing him very happy and robust unlike when he was in naija.
As in that's when I realised Nigeria is hell fire!

Na hell fire ooooo! I will scream it loud for all to hear, if it's possible to scream online sef angry

Nigerians abroad don't believe the lies. Some people say here o!

It's terrible here, except u know God that's when ones path can be soft and rosy. That's for me anyways.

I have said my own o
Hello sister, your comment is touching and I understand where you're coming from. I think you slightly misunderstood me. I know it's better it's better out there, but that's only if you go prepared: having a degree (that sells), having capital for business, or having a skill (that sells).
A lot of people travel unprepared thinking they'll pick money on the streets of America and sadly it's only a dream. For the reason a lot of people are stuck in America feeding from hand to mouth.
For every 1 Nigerian you see in America looking flashy and living good, there 5 more who are stuck living from cheque to cheque. That your friend will never tell you this. That's the truth, but when people like me who are experienced say it, Nigerians attack me.
As I write this there are Nigerians in America that you're richer than. Believe it or not.
I encourage people to travel, but also I always emphasize on preparation. If you don't prepare you will wish you never left Nigeria.
I went to a restaurant in Poland and met a Nigerian who told me hadn't eaten the whole day. I bought him a plate of food. There are Nigerians begging on the streets of London and Italy. They went unprepared.
I will you all the best Sis.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by sweetilicious(f): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by Preetychina22(m): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2019
charlesELIKIBA:

How old are you? You are convinced by a video call and a robust sight that he's living the best life... Well yes he maybe but can you do what he did to get there?

Can you do fraud? Can you scam people of their money?

Just saying.... I don't even know how to explain this a broad thing to people. You have to go to understand.
The reason persons are not returning home is because of the things they see and hear about Nigeria on the internet but they rather feed from mouth to mouth than return to Nigeria.
When you compare many things in infrastructure and basic needs you'd rather overstay your visa.
Thank you for this piece, sadly people just don't get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by genq(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
ultron12345:

I visited the US, and went to a shopping mall while there. The very next day, almost 10 people were shot dead at that very same mall. Just imagine how lucky I was, imagine if I postponed my shopping till the next day, I would probably been at high risk of been shot dead. And you think such experience isn't enough to make me flee such country, where everyone marches around with guns, and can just shoot anyone at will. Let me not begin with the police who are ready to shoot down anyone for just being black............God forbid bad thing.

Every country has ups and downs. Like I said earlier, if Nigeria favours you, then stay. If you think it is abroad that will favour you, then go. Everyones destiny is different.

Bros, I can't even consider America for the reasons you've stated. Niggas out there are walking around with an invisible "shoot me" sign on their backs.

Notwithstanding, Nigeria is still HELL on earth and there are other nations one can emigrate to for a better life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here by genq(m): 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
ultron12345:

It is your useless father that is a public fund looter and your whorish mother that is into yahoo. You think we don't know the so-called ballers in your abroad are into drugs and fraud.

He's talking about capital that I accumulated through intensive savings during my housemanship and National Service. Go f,,k yourself. You think everyone is lazy and stup1d like you. All they know is complaining of no money to start business but theres always money running into millions available to move abroad.

Carry on, how many hours have you worked this week? 300 hrs?

We know your type. Running daily from ICE, involved in fraud and drugs, sharing a room with 10 other people, living like dogs, while snapping pictures in front of fine roads and fine buildings they'll never be allowed to enter just to post on social media to deceive the gullible ones here. Shame will not allow them to admit their regrets and return home. That country that is the capital of homelessness, where more than 70% of their people are just one paycheck away from living on the street.

He's talking about saving $500 per month when confirmed statistics say almost 70% of Americans can't afford to deal with a $500- $1000 emergency need. Shey almost 70% of Americans are lazy na. Go and find out how much traders in many Nigerian markets make per month. Any trader in alaba will buy you and your friend and relatives over there.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-paycheck-away-from-the-street-2016-01-06

Why should I even be wasting my time replying this ba5tard. He might even just be in one interior village in Nigeria, using free MB, typing into his 3.5" itel phone held together with numerous rubber bands.

It's quite a shame you responded to KingCurtis21 in such a distasteful manner.

Your initial post made you sound like a upper middle class gentleman - But unfortunately, this comment of yours as exposed you to be some sort of local agbero who happened to make a lil change, so you go around insulting those who you perceive to be 'below' you. Of course being the money-miss-road that you are.

Disgusting.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Excluding Lagos And Abuja; List The 3 Top Next Cities In Nigeria. / COVID-19: MC Oluomo Issues Warning To Transport Operators / My Seaside Picnic In Roslagen, Sweden (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.