Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Capetown, South Africa - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Capetown, South Africa (16612 Views)

Anyone In Capetown For Hangout(sa) / Man Flies Over South Africa In A Chair Tied To Helium Balloons(video / PHOTO) / Requirement Need In Entering SA, In Capetown International Airport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Raydos:
Capetown
One of the most beautiful cities in the world. They just need to fix the surging crime rate and create employment for the black population.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
nlPoster:
It's really beautiful.

Hard to believe this is in Africa.
shocked
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
Gerrard59:

As harsh as this is, it's the truth. There's no country predominantly by blacks where the blacks developed the country to first world standards. But Twitter intellectuals will call someone a coconut.
Rwanda,Namibia and Botswana in the next decade will prove blacks can develop functional societies.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nigeria has a deep, deep problem. It has gone beyond the physical to the spiritual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by nlPoster: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Nigeria would have been this beautiful if the British stayed longer and gave us independence when our leaders were ready for nation building and not nation looting.

You're Nigerian?
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
nlPoster:

You're Nigerian?
Yes brah
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:
Nigeria has a deep, deep problem. It has gone beyond the physical to the spiritual.

Cape Town is beautiful.

It is my favourite city in the world and i have probably been to 35 countries now.

But i would also tell you cape town as its squatter camps right next door to the hollywood type houses, it is surreal.

Crime is a problem. Despite this the planning of the city by you-know-who makes it city to love.

Nigeria, as i always say is the way it is because of Nigerians.

Forget leadership.

The sum total of the average Nigerian is what we witness at leadership level.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

Cape Town is beautiful.

It is my favourite city in the world and i have probably been to 35 countries now.

But i would also tell you cape town as its squatter camps right next door to the hollywood type houses, it is surreal.

Crime is a problem. Despite this the planning of the city by you-know-who makes it city to love.

Nigeria, as i always say is the way it is because of Nigerians.

Forget leadership.

The sum total of the average Nigerian is what we witness at leadership level.

You hit the nail on the head. I was telling my Uber driver today that the biggest problem in Nigeria are Nigerians. The leadership is a reflection of it's followership. People who can mortgage their destinies over 10kg of rice and 1k deserve whatever leadership they get.

I always wonder, these people that go to developed countries and see the effects of a working system but refuse to replicate such systems in their native lands are worse than demons. They are satanic. All they care about is primitive accumulation of wealth, as my university professor always opined. They don't mind taking all that stolen money to developed countries to further develop an the already working system.

Someone, a diasporean Nairalander told me something that deeply impressed itself in my psyche- he said the difference between the white man and Africans is this: the white man is walking on the road and stubs his toe badly on a stone jutting out of the ground. He gets angry, goes back and gets a digger, removes the stone and then proceeds to clear the entire area of stones and other potential toe mangling objects. He then smoothens the ground and goes on his way.

The black man stubs his toe on a jutting stone in a different area, but instead of removing the stone, he sits by the road side complaining bitterly about stones and how wicked they are. After complaining he goes on his way. The next day he injures himself on the same stone and the cycle of complaints continue. No initiative. He wants the next man to solve his problems.

It's so frustrating. Can we ever get it right??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Rusher14, you seem well travelled. What other city in Africa comes close to CT?
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:
There are other cities in South Africa:Port Elizabeth,Durban,Pietermaritzburg,Kimberley to name a few. The Dutch settlers really developed the country to European standards.

That is why you hardly see black Africans trying to claim asylum.

The problem that came to bite the Dutch rulers is that they refused the educate the black population and that created a large population who turned to crime who didn't have the education qualification to get jobs when apartheid ended. And what the life they saw white settlers live.
The crime rate is really high in South Africa and xenophobia exists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

There are other cities in South Africa:Port Elizabeth,Durban,Pietermaritzburg,Kimberley to name a few. The Dutch settlers really developed the country to European standards.

That is why you hardly see black Africans trying to claim asylum.
The problem that came to bite the Dutch rulers is that they refused the educate the black population and that created a large population who turned to crime who didn't have the education qualification to get jobs when apartheid ended. The crime rate is really high.
Are you a Boer?
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

[
The problem that came to bite the Dutch rulers is that they refused the educate the black population and that created a large population who turned to crime who didn't have the education qualification to get jobs when apartheid ended. The crime rate is really high in South Africa and xenophobia exists.
They refused to educate the black populace because they didn't want the blacks competing with them because with education comes mental emancipation
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

They refused to educate the black populace because they didn't want the blacks competing with them because with education comes mental emancipation
100...an educated population is a danger to keeping the status quo in place. The blacks South Africans would have revolted earlier if they were educated.

The same reason Nigeria leaders refuse to fund education. With an educated population citizens start asking questions:why don't we have electricity,portable water,hospitals,good road network and most importantly- cannot be manipulated along tribal,religious and racial lines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Are you a Boer?
Yoruba fam
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Yoruba fam
Your username seems Dutch
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Your username seems Dutch
That is because it is Dutch. I grew up there when I was younger and is named after Dutch player Pierre Van Hooijdonk.

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

None.

Except you are talking about other South African cities.

I'll take Cape Town to any city in the States, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Norway, Greece,.

Of course, this is all a matter of choice and personal opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

That is because it is Dutch. I grew up there when I was younger and is named after Dutch player Pierre Van Hooijdonk.

Van Hooijdonk played alongside Van Persie in the Feyernoord team.

I remember thinking, I wish this guy (Van Persie) played for Arsenal, look how that worked out.

The dutch team had too many world class strikers at the same time - Roy Makaay, Van Niestelrooy, Van Hooijdonk and a young Van Persie.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

I remember thinking, I wish this guy (Van Persie) played for Arsenal, look how that worked out.

The dutch team had too many world class strikers at the same time - Roy Makaay, Van Niestelrooy, Van Hooijdonk and a young Van Persie.

One of the greatest football team that never won the world cup.

I watched by first professional game in Amsterdam when Holland played Nigeria and thrashed us 5-1.

The Dutch influence is strong in South Africa. I just wish they found a way to integrate the black population earlier on instead of segregating them. South Africa would have become one of the greatest countries in the world and not have the crime problem they are currently experiencing.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Your parents named you after a Dutch footballer, or you got your NL name from the same footballer? undecided
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

One of the greatest football team that never won the world cup.

I watched by first professional game in Amsterdam when Holland played Nigeria and thrashed us 5-1.

The Dutch influence is strong in South Africa. I just wish they found a way to integrate the black population earlier on instead of segregating them. South Africa would have become one of the greatest countries in the world.

I know.

I was mighty surprised how a few black south African colleagues I knew were supporting the Netherlands at the world cup or was it the Olympics now? I forget.

The Dutch actually developed South Africa and it's the fallout of this we see today.

Sad, no contemporary African civilization has done similar.

I haven't been to Kigali but for now I perceive hype. I may be wrong though.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

None.

Except you are talking about other South African cities.

I'll take Cape Town to any city in the States, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Norway, Greece,.

Of course, this is all a matter of choice and personal opinion.
I would love to travel round the world one day. Hopefully I won't be too old and tired by then. I'm not yet old but I'm already exhausted. grin

Man's destiny is to sojourn, you know. However, only few get the privilege to fulfill that part I their destinies.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

I would love to travel round the world one day. Hopefully I won't be too old and tired by then. I'm not yet old but I'm already exhausted. grin

Man's destiny is to sojourn, you know. However, only few get the privilege to fulfill that part I their destinies.

The one benefit of my job is the travel.

I'm sorry but if i told you what it is i'd have to kill you.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

Where is Ruud Van Niestelroy? The fellow just went off radar like that.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

That's part of it, but why can't we take education by force?
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Where is Ruud Van Niestelroy? The fellow just went off radar like that.

You know, I forgot to add Hasselbaink and Kluivert in that mix.

Bergkamp to me wasn't a striker, he was much more than that.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

The one benefit of my job is the travel.

I'm sorry but if i told you what it is i'd have to kill you.

You'll have to first find me before you can kill me cheesy

Seriously though, when I was younger I always wished for a job that will take me round the world. Then the Nigeria factor cleared the stars from my eyes and I settled for the one which took me round Lagos. Heh. cheesy

If only Nigerians can travel more so they can see that this is not life we are living in this country. Seeing this pictures makes my blood boil. What is wrong with the black man?! The curse of Ham? embarassed angry

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Seriously though, when I was younger I always wished for a job that will take me round the world. Then the Nigeria factor cleared the stars from my eyes and I settled for the one which took me round Lagos. Heh. cheesy

If only Nigerians can travel more so they can see that this is not life we are living in this country. Seeing this pictures makes my blood boil. What is wrong with the black man?! The curse of Ham? embarassed angry

The curse of greed.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

I know.

I was mighty surprised how a few black south African colleagues I knew were supporting the Netherlands at the world cup or was it the Olympics now? I forget.

The Dutch actually developed South Africa and it's the fallout of this we see today.

Sad, no contemporary African civilization has done similar.

I haven't been to Kigali but for now I perceive hype. I may be wrong though.

I don't know if it's coincidence but African countries with a lot of going on in areas of infrastructural development and technical advancement at one time once had Europeans at the helm of affairs for an extended period of time (discounting Nigeria and Zimbabwe)
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

That is the only rational I can think of. Out of the 53 countries in Africa only a few are well governed, while the rest are plagued with war,tribal conflict and massive corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

I don't know if it's coincidence but African countries with a lot of going on in areas of infrastructural development and technical advancement at one time once had Europeans at the helm of affairs for an extended period of time (discounting Nigeria and Zimbabwe)
Rwanda is the exception, Botswana and Namibia had European influence. Rwanda was destroyed and had to rebuild from scratch. Given the current trajectory and if Kigame stay in power for the next decade they can get to that level where it move to 2nd world status and in the next couple of decades become a first world country.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

It's no coincidence.

The problem is when we saw those that lived in opulence amongst them, we failed to realise the industry that was behind it.

On Nairaland, how many of our youth care about the industry behind achievment? All they do is ''tap into the blessing''.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How Many Countries & States In Nigeria Have You Been To? / Dana Air Clears Air On Malicious Whatsapp Message / German Military Helicopter Crash In Mali Caused By Incorrectly Set Autopilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.