Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,629 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Capetown, South Africa - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Capetown, South Africa (16636 Views)

Anyone In Capetown For Hangout(sa) / Man Flies Over South Africa In A Chair Tied To Helium Balloons(video / PHOTO) / Requirement Need In Entering SA, In Capetown International Airport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

The curse of greed.
Trevor-Roper said "African history is nothing but the gyrations of barbarous tribes in picturesque but insignificant parts of the globe" (the racist asshole), and are we not still behaving like barbarians, decades later? Is it not madness to be so greedy that you don't care that you are a second class citizen in the countries you are carrying the looted funds to?
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Rwanda is the exception, Botswana and Namibia had European influence. Rwanda was destroyed and had to rebuild from scratch. Given the current trajectory and if Kigame stay in power for the next decade they can get to that level where it move to 2nd world status and in the next couple of decades become a first world country.

You must enjoy a renaissance to have a civilization.

There must be a yearning and pouring out of talent.

The talent is honed by education and sincerity.

Not the PDP - APC , Muslim - Christian wars that go on daily.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

It's no coincidence.

The problem is when we saw those that lived in opulence amongst them, we failed to realise the industry that was behind it.

On Nairaland, how many of our youth care about the industry behind achievment? All they do is ''tap into the blessing''.

My brother leave Nairaland youths. The generation before ours failed us, just as we have failed the ones after us. What you're seeing now is the fallout of these successive failures.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Trevor-Roper said "African history is nothing but the gyrations of barbarous tribes in picturesque but insignificant parts of the globe" (the racist asshole), and are we not still behaving like barbarians, decades later? Is it not madness to be so greedy that you don't care that you are a second class citizen in the countries you are carrying the looted funds to?

It is a psychological problem.

These countries we all love to admire ( I don't count the Gulf states - they were simply blessed by low population and humungous oil deposits) are all logic based.

Listen to their debates on any matter.

Try to be rational on even this forum and see how you become unpopular in a triffle.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

That is the only rational I can think of. Out of the 53 countries in Africa only a few are well governed, while the rest are plagued with war,tribal conflict and massive corruption.
That's the point. What are the causes of the perennial internecine conflicts that plague the continent? Like rusher14 pointed out, greed is a major factor. Like barbarians we are too greedy to fairly and evenly share the resources that cause these conflicts, too divided among ethnic lines and just too plain corrupt to harness these same resources for our own development.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

My brother leave Nairaland youths. The generation before ours failed us, just as we have failed the ones after us. What you're seeing now is the fallout of these successive failures.

Those before us failed.

That doesn't mean we must fail.

For the sake of anonimity, I tend not to say a few personal things but those that know me often wonder 'how the heck did he do it'?

I know for sure, despite the hurdles that could break a man, despite the temptations, I chose the straight and narrow.

I stuck to my dreams.

Just like you I wanted to see the world.

Now I get paid to see the world.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

I asked you once, and I will ask again- who will bell the cat? Look round Nairaland and tell me if we are ready for a renaissance
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

There is no hope for Nigeria as long as the goverment does not invest heavily in education. The most important resource Nigeria has is human capital and Bill Gates tried to educate the Nigerian President. He was just wasting saliva because they deliberately don't want to population to be educated for selfish ends.

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

I asked you once, and I will ask again- who will bell the cat? Look round Nairaland and tell me if we are ready for a renaissance

And my answer remains the same - Everyone.

I joined nairaland thinking it was going to be for a few weeks.

I thought this was where information would be shared for the common good of the nation.

Nairaland still serves that purpose but in a limited sense.

It has been hijacked by bigots, numpties, politicians and fraudsters.

The fact is, this is the summary of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

Those before us failed.

That doesn't mean we must fail.

For the sake of anonimity, I tend not to say a few personal things but those that know me often wonder 'how the heck did he do it'?

I know for sure, despite the hurdles that could break a man, despite the temptations, I chose the straight and narrow.

I stuck to my dreams.

Just like you I wanted to see the world.

Now I get paid to see the world.

We have already failed, rusher. We have failed to be a good example. You are just a tiny speck among the Great Unwashed. There are places where your honesty will get you killed. Ask Dora Akunyili's children.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

And my answer remains the same - Everyone.

I joined nairaland thinking it was going to be for a few weeks.

I thought this was where information would be shared for the common good of the nation.

Nairaland still serves that purpose but in a limited sense.

It has been hijacked by bigots, numpties, politicians and fraudsters.

The fact is, this is the summary of Nigeria.
I gave up on Nigeria long ago. We will not change in this generation, or even in the next. Our tomorrow's leaders are currently riding Benz bought through yahoo yahoo, so let's hope something good will come out from the set of those born this year grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

There is no hope for Nigeria as long as the goverment does not invest heavily in education. The most important resource Nigeria has is human capital and Bill Gates tried to educate the Nigerian President. He was just wasting saliva because they deliberately don't want to population to be educated for selfish ends.

Actually, Bill Gates is right.

But we cannot afford that kind of education.

I believe the word is pedagogy.

Our pedagogy has to change.

Whether it means we find ways to transmit the lessons, or certain individuals that would change the way majority of the nation thinks and acts, this we would have to work out.

What I'm saying is that the western design of education is too expensive and perhaps impractical for the set of people presently inhabiting Nigeria.

We need to be able to shape logic into our consciousness.

We need to understand life isn't all about money but achievement.

With achievement often comes money.

With achievement comes pride.

A country that constantly achieves eventually becomes a proud nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

Actually, Bill Gates is right.

But we cannot afford that kind of education.

I believe the word is pedagogy.

Our pedagogy has to change.

Whether it means we find ways to transmit the lessons, or certain individuals that would change the way majority of the nation thinks and acts, this we would have to work out.

What I'm saying is that the western design of education is too expensive and perhaps impractical for the set of people presently inhabiting Nigeria.

We need to be able to shape logic into our consciousness.

We need to understand life isn't all about money but achievement.

With achievement often comes money.

With achievement comes pride.

A country that constantly achieves eventually becomes a proud nation.
Ogbeni we are too hungry to care about achievement. Give us food first, achievement be damned cheesy tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Ogbeni we are too hungry to care about achievement. Give us food first, achievement be damned cheesy tongue

grin

This is serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

It is by deliberate design, keep the population uneducated and poor. And when election is around the corner give them recharge cards, rice,bean and onions.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:

grin

This is serious.
Na where we dey so grin

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

It is by deliberate design, keep the population uneducated and poor. And when election is around the corner give them recharge cards, rice,bean and onions.
And then complain for the next 4 years
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

You'll have to first find me before you can kill me cheesy

Seriously though, when I was younger I always wished for a job that will take me round the world. Then the Nigeria factor cleared the stars from my eyes and I settled for the one which took me round Lagos. Heh. cheesy

If only Nigerians can travel more so they can see that this is not life we are living in this country. Seeing this pictures makes my blood boil. What is wrong with the black man?! The curse of Ham? embarassed angry
Not until Nigerians travel abroad will they realize that life in the country can be so much better.. The rulers have destroyed and plundered the nation.
The leaders all travel abroad and have their children schooling in civilized nations, but refuse to replicate what they see.

1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Not until Nigerians travel abroad will they realize that life in the country can be so much better.. The rulers have destroyed and plundered the nation.
The leaders all travel abroad and have their children schooling in civilized nations, but refuse to replicate what they see.
Jesus. Billions of dollars embarassed
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
Ishilove:

Jesus. Billions of dollars embarassed
Get rich by all means culture. The politicians plunder the treasury to live like kings on earth with private jets,houses home and abroad,expensive luxury cars,first class travel.
The sad thing is 99% of the culprits are still walking the streets free.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by pansophist(m): 12:03am On Dec 27, 2019
Gerrard59:

As harsh as this is, it's the truth. There's no country predominantly by blacks where the blacks developed the country to first world standards. But Twitter intellectuals will call someone a coconut.

Barbados, Bahamas. Majority blacks and comparable to, or even better than SA.

1 Like

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 27, 2019
pansophist:

Barbados, Bahamas. Majority blacks and comparable to, or even better than SA.
Add Botswana who got independence since 1960 and are doing well, Rwanda who have bounced back, despite a genocide 2 decades ago and Namibia.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 4:41am On Dec 27, 2019
Cape Town needs to solve it's unemployment problem and which has led to an increase in violent crimes . Majority of the crime and violence takes place in the slums, but the headlines scares tourists intending on visiting Cape Town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gY53ZLX6qY
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 27, 2019
Ishilove:

I gave up on Nigeria long ago. We will not change in this generation, or even in the next. Our tomorrow's leaders are currently riding Benz bought through yahoo yahoo, so let's hope something good will come out from the set of those born this year grin

1 Share

Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2019
rusher14:

The one benefit of my job is the travel.

I'm sorry but if i told you what it is i'd have to kill you.

I was going through my mentions again when I had an epiphany. Your alt moniker is vóltron14! grin That means I already know what your job is wink
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 8:29am On Dec 27, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Yoruba will say "ó ya mi l'onu" grin
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 8:35am On Dec 27, 2019
Ishilove:

I was going through my mentions again when I had an epiphany. Your alt moniker is vóltron14! grin That means I already know what your job is wink

I know Voltron14 from this forum but no.

I'm not him.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 8:39am On Dec 27, 2019
rusher14:

I know Voltron_14 from this forum but no.

I'm not him.
Hokay, if you say so. wink cheesy You're both from the same ethnic group and both have 14 in your username. Should I go on? tongue
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Ishilove:

Hokay, if you say so. wink cheesy You're both from the same ethnic group and both have 14 in your username. Should I go on? tongue

Really?

I'm Ijaw/itsekiri.

What's his tribe?
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 8:47am On Dec 27, 2019
rusher14:

Really?

I'm Ijaw/itsekiri.

What's his tribe?
Same. You two are Biafrans with '14' in your usernames. He could be your cousin for all we know. Ask your cousins if any of them are Nairalanders
Re: Capetown, South Africa by rusher14: 8:51am On Dec 27, 2019
Ishilove:

Same. You two are Biafrans with '14' in your usernames. He could be your cousin for all we know. Ask your cousins if any of them are Nairalanders

Biafran?

How is Ijaw Biafra?

grin

I've got numerous cousins and I'll be surprised if none was on Nairaland.
Re: Capetown, South Africa by Ishilove: 8:54am On Dec 27, 2019
rusher14:

Biafran?

How is Ijaw Biafra?

grin
Na Nnamdi Kanu talk am. They are going to harness y'all into the Biafran empire come 2020.

I've got numerous cousins and I'll be surprised if none was on Nairaland.

Guy I still dey suspect you. It can't be just coincidence cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Tanker Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway(photos) / Stranded Air Nigeria UK Passengers Asked To Buy Aviation Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.