Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) (63750 Views)

Emeka Offor Foundation Donate Medical Equipments, Books To Hospitals And Schools / Ugochukwu Udu & Njideka, Emeka Offor Daughter's Wedding: Dignitaries At Event / Njideka Offor And Ugo Udu Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by LegendHero(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ardar:

All these investments in different non-igbo States but i have never seen any big company owned by a non-igbo in igbo states.

Sad.

Have you ever wondered what the reason could be?

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by MotorGuru: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2019

Exclusive: Kaztec operations grounded

*Workers owed 8-months salary
*Fabrication yard comatose
*Vessels idle

Facilities belonging to Kaztec Engineering Limited, a subsidiary of Chrome Group, an indigenous engineering and fabrication company owned by Chief Emeka Offor, have been grounded over unpaid salaries to workers, contractors, and vendors, SweetcrudeReports can authoritatively report.

The company’s fabrication yard on Snake Island, which houses Badagry Creek Industrial Park Free Trade Zone, licensed in 2014 was grounded in March 2015 when Addax Petroleum had tax issues with the Federal Government, leading to abrupt halt of the platform construction for oil production from Antan and Ofrima/Udele fields.

Investigations revealed that four of the company’s vessels, namely Ekulo Sheyenne (a DP barge), Ekulo Spirit, Ekulo Tornado and Ekulo Explorer are currently in a state of inactivity as both foreign and indigenous crew members have been sent home.

Findings also revealed that contract workers in the fabrication yard were relieved of their duties and sent home without compensation while permanent staff members were redeployed to the company’s head office on Victoria Island, Lagos.

A brief visit to the company’s fabrication yard on Snake Island revealed that the facility, which usually bubbles with activities, is now a shadow of itself as only security personnel were seen guarding the premises.

A staff of the company who did not want his name in print disclosed that salaries had not been paid for eight months while some contractors who are equally being owed have threatened to take legal action against the company.

$1.24bn realised from single source contracts

Investigations revealed that Kaztec Engineering won favourable ‘single source contracts’ valued at $1.244 billion from Addax Petroleum alone between 2009 and 2014.

These ‘single source contracts’ which precluded competitive tender from other companies have raised questions on transparency in the process leading up to the award.

Workers are also asking why a company that has realised so much in terms of contracts awards can not pay salaries to workers.

Sir Emeka Offor’s $10m donation

However, the inability of the company to pay salaries did not hinder Chrome’s Chairman, Sir Emeka Offor to donates $10 million to the Jimmy Carter Foundation to combat River blindness in June 2015.

Despite the non-payment of salaries, the management of the company, as gathered, expects workers to resume work and perform their daily activities without explanation on why salaries have not been paid.

SweetcrudeReports gathered that workers are irked by the company’s inability to pay salaries while chairman of Chrome Group, owners of Kaztec Engineering, confidently made a $10 million donation.

All projects being executed by Kaztec Engineering for Addax Petroleum, Shell and ExxonMobil have since been placed on hold.

Source:
https://guardian.ng/sweetcrude/exclusive-kaztec-operations-grounded/

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Stewart883(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
More Crowd, more traffic for Lagos
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by MotorGuru: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
MotorGuru:

I am seeing Ibe Kachukwu.

These must be old pictures na!

Kaztec has not been finding things easy of recent

heard they have been owing their workers for months!

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by DCmonster: 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
SarkinYarki:

How come you Father ain't grabbing any ?
savagery! Maybe he is DANGOTES son, you never can tell.
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by hightempo(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
Waooo. This is massive
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by izibili44: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Which state is this ?
IRAN

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ardar:

All these investments in different non-igbo States but i have never seen any big company owned by a non-igbo in igbo states.

Sad.

will you give them land?

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by iwatch: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
IGBOSON1:
There must be something about Anambra! Most of the billion dollar businesses involved in the oil and gas servicing industry are owned by their sons and daughters: Brittania-U, SEPLAT, Oilserv, KAZTEC, NESTOIL (ObiJackson Grp), etc! Really impressive!
we are just crazy in a way. Few days ago... I was on call with my bro called Somto. Dude was asking me if I have any idea that he can invest in his thick igbo accent lol.

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
Abeg who is the Richest Man in Igboland
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Isoduwa(m): 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
Johnnyessence:
wow this is massive.
Wow like say you don pay your house rent
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Chidex50(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thisis2raw:
Oh God of my father Abraham give me wisdom and insight to become creative and successful like this
Amen to you and me! We start by partnering to do business rather than hating ourselves here.

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
LegendHero:

No reason could justify that at all.
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by naijacentric(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ardar:

Sad.
bcus of the homogeneity and bitter politcs east nigeria plays that is why

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by hadaydhollarpo(m): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You dey mind Emeka Offor.

His location is not okay.

For your mind
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by naijacentric(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mamanotinspoil2:
Nice one! But couldn't they pick a better name? Kaztech sounds like Kazeem aka roadside mechanic... undecided lipsrsealed

We still have used office items at giveaway prices. Sofa set, 7.6kva generator, furniture and more. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales
inferiority complex
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by nijabazaar: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You dey mind Emeka Offor.

His location is not okay.

The guy is stupid. I must say.

One day now, the accommodators will insist on giving him a quick notice!

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by iwatch: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
isthatso:

will you give them land?
see this brainwashed mofo... undecided

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by nijabazaar: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
gaetano:

Nestoil also has large investment in warri. Obi Jackson only sited his head office in Lagos, everyother thing is in the SSnSE. Akwa Ibom is open for such investment for Emeka.

Wonder why he did not consider it!
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by nwakibie3(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
I thought APC miscreants said EMEKA Offor has gone broke after PDP reign
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
LegendHero:

Like Japan,like iseral ,like germeny ,like china
Igbo's take full advantage of their environment leaving nothing for any investor unless u have mega mega cash

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by RUGAgbuogidia1: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
This is the investment he is making out of fraud he is committing in the South East with EEDC. People are paying for darkness here and u have the guts to go and invest outside South East.

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
hadaydhollarpo:
For your mind
Yes, he choosed the wrong place.
We have states like Akwa Ibom and the rest.
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
Chidex50:
Amen to you and me! We start by partnering to do business rather than hating ourselves here.
yes sir
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Yinibixema: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

Like Japan,like iseral ,like germeny ,like china
Igbo's take full advantage of their environment leaving nothing for any investor unless u have mega mega cash
Japanese, chineese, germans don’t migrate enmass. It’s only professionals among them who do once in a while. Same can’t be said about yeebos

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by gaetano: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
nijabazaar:

Wonder why he did not consider it!
. Can't say for sure. But if others from the region are siting their investment within the ND and don't see the reason he's shifting to the west. Well, it's his business though. We only want them to create more employment down there and speed up development
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by bigpicture001: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
hisgrace090:
Una for allow Dangote to grab all.

Era of always looking for govt contract is fading away fast.

Who told u dat..?

Ask tinubu how he is still feeding his calves...

Govt contracts!
Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by Anambralstson: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
MotorGuru:

I am seeing Ibe Kachukwu.

These must be old pictures na!

Kaztec has not been finding things easy of recent

heard they have been owing their workers for months!

I can see you are pain

Recently the Management of Kaztec Engineering Limited and representatives of China Shipbuilding Industry Company (CSIC), the state owned largest shipbuilding Company in China did a joint presentation to the Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo (GCON).

Kaztec Engineering Limited is a 100% indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Installation, Construction, and Management (EPIC-M) Company. CSIC is a conglomerate of over Forty Six (46) subsidiaries that include among others, China Shipbuilding Offshore International Company (CSOC), China Ship Design & Research Center, China Shipbuilding Industry Equipment & Materials etc.

CSIC has built several Floating, Production, Storage & Offloading (FPSO) Vessels. CSIC also has expertise in Project Management Team Support, Integrated Project Management System, Mooring Designs and Fabrications etc.
The objective of the partnership is replicating similar capabilities in shipbuilding and fabrication in Nigeria.

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by gaetano: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yinibixema:

Japanese, chineese, germans don’t migrate enmass. It’s only professionals among them who do once in a while. Same can’t be said about yeebos
lol! You dont know the nationalities that make up America. Chinese are one of the majorities, Italian Americans, Indian Americans, Japanese Americans, Koreans...,germans, polish. Oga they migrate

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yinibixema:

Lol u are high Japanese don't migrate ....lol go to Europe ,America
Chinese ? There are over 60 million Chinese abroad
.Germans ? Tell me how rollschild started

Why didnt u put iseral

Re: Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) by bigpicture001: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
RUGAgbuogidia1:
This is the investment he is making out of fraud he is committing in the South East with EEDC. People are paying for darkness here and u have the guts to go and invest outside South East.

Who tld u dat..EEDC is d best DISCO in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Speculators Get Burnt As Naira Gains Value / List Of All Online Stores In Nigeria