Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React (74276 Views)

Breaking News: ABBA Kyari Takes Down His Verified Facebook Page! / Tinubu Reacts As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by dotun4real: 7:06am On Nov 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Osibanjo is a house boy and they said he is working hard.

21st century slave.

No wonder they didn't hand over to him because they don't trust him and he hopes they will hand over to him in 2023

Lesson number 1 passed.

Obviously you are not a student of history to have said dis trash,let me remind you that ever since Osinbajo sacked one of the cabals (Daura) Buhari has not handed over power to him whenever he travels
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 05, 2019
Chukapage:
So signing that bill outside the country was cool?? As in to take a bill down to a foreign country to sign?? shocked what happened to waiting for him to return? What happened to his VP ? Even if he burns the Senate tomorrow you will still defend him so I ain't suprised ,Oya continue your "Zombieish" "follow your leader" undecided

Is PMB not Petroleum Minister also? Can he not take a personal interest in this bill to insist it be brought to him for signing so it can gain quick assent into law asap and without a day being wasted? If there was an expose revealing that this bill remains unsigned while PMB is abroad, you will be the same character accusing him of negligence and slowing Nigeria down.

Now you have no problem "waiting for him to return" before the bill is signed just because saying that gives you the chance to bash Buhari. The man can do nothing right in the eyes of people like you who will oppose what you supported a minute ago just to cast PMB in a bad light.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by hibeebeeking: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2019
They better sign the bill anyways, so far the bill will bring a positive impact. I can change what has already done. This is Nigeria. God bless this nation.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by bigpicture001: 7:15am On Nov 05, 2019
Yoighaman:
This is sickening. To think I voted for this man is more disgusting....I apologize to all Nigerians, I'm sorry.

No oooo...u must enjoi him...nd also urchildren nd childrens children...must enjoi ur God buhari... .u stood in d sun fir 3 hours to make sure sensible ppl dont win
Enjoi!
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Edmen(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2019
Where is the Senate in all of this, he has gone against the constitution and should be impeached
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by mechanics(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2019
Waste of tax payers money.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by ofem89(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2019
ihesiuloa:
I wonder why he couldn't sign this bill before traveling or wait till he is back? Why must things be done so awkwardly and unplanned for? This isn't fair, it's just not fair for a few to continue to take a whole lot for a ride in the midst of intelligent citizens.

intelligent citizen like u n u voted for this same man Tell me what do u expect to come out from him .I pity u
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Btruth: 7:39am On Nov 05, 2019
I'm only interested in what Tinubu has to say about this.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by NothingDoMe: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2019
Sirjamo:

The bill will lead to more revenue for Nigeria
Are you saying that this bill won't scare investors away? Don't you think it would lead to loss of jobs? There's no free money anywhere. Every action will result in a equal and opposite reaction.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by NothingDoMe: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Oshigun:

You should shut up because you are a worthless citizen. It is your kind who join lynch mob to torch Nigerians you have judged and sentenced to death ignorantly and without being aware of relevant information. Buhari does not have to hand over to Osinbajo and did nothing wrong. Wise and effective men always start from the position of viewing whether a crime or illegality has taken place or not. They just don't start shouting and cursing others like lunatics.
why did Abba take the bill to Buhari to sign?
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Opeyemi4real(m): 7:44am On Nov 05, 2019
Enjoy your Buhari in peace or pieces
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Brunicekid(m): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2019
Political irritation is all i see here.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by emperor863(m): 7:49am On Nov 05, 2019
All those crying blue murder because the president signed a bill into law while on a private trip outside the country goofed big time.

They should have gone through the letters and spirit of the constitution, especially section 145(2).

Half education is indeed very dangerous.

Nigerian youths, get educated.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Segmat1: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Cabals have taken their plan to the next level
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2019
They will send osunbande to go and defend the impostor in aso rock

Osunbande: I was very busy with work so I gave abakyari the go ahead order
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 05, 2019
NothingDoMe:
why did Abba take the bill to Buhari to sign?

Only the head of the executive, i.e the President, or anyone else officially mandated to act on his behalf can sign that bill. As it is, there was no transfer of power because PMB did not feel the need to do this as he is going to be away for 14 days which is less than the 21 days or more the Nigerian constitution allows him to be away for before being obligated to hand over to Osinbajo.

If the legislative arm has done its part to expedite the passage of this bill the executive arm must do same without delay and with the President or acting President signing the bill asap. Since Osinbajo was not made acting President, he cannot sign this bill. This is an important bill that will be highly beneficial to Nigeria. Bear in mind too that Buhari is Petroleum Minister and he may feel a day should not be wasted in signing it so it can gain assent to become law. Remember a bill becomes law only after the executive and legislative arm both sign-off on it. What is therefore the fuss taking it to Buhari to sign?
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by wonder233: 8:05am On Nov 05, 2019
Point of correction, Buhari is not his daddy. He is his God
heckymaicon:
The word 'INTEGRITY ' is missing in dullardinhò's dictionary.

Oga rotten bbq seller your attention is needed here to come defend your clueless and useless daddy as the Chief Zombie.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by DrCruz: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Na wa o. These haboooooookis are just embarrassing us before the whole world and Mannabbqgrils keeps supporting them foolishly
Don't mind the fool and his likes. You hardly see them condemning this kind of absurdity from their illiterate president.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2019
emperor863:
All those crying blue murder because the president signed a bill into law while on a private trip outside the country goofed big time.

They should have gone through the letters and spirit of the constitution, especially section 145(2).

Half education is indeed very dangerous.

Nigerian youths, get educated.

Bro I am really ashamed at their ignorance and lynch mob behaviour over a non-issue that political/ethnic partisanship has led them to misunderstand woefully. Crux of the matter is that Buhari did not hand over to Osinbajo because he did not have to. The legislative arm, as we expect when it is in sync with the executive arm unlike the days of Saraki, quickly signed off on an important Petroleum sector bill and pass it on to the head of the executive arm duly.

As Buhari is abroad, there are only two choices. Wait for him to return or take the bill to him to sign since Osinbajo cannot sign it as he is not acting President which is the only official role that empowers him to sign in lieu of PMB.

Buhari is Petroleum Minister and knows the importance of this bill to Nigeria. This is his second term where things must move as quickly as possible if he is to have a positive legacy as a President who improved Nigeria and handed a better Nation than he met to his successor. All these realities comes together and means taking the bill to Buhari to sign is a correct and highly valid option even if not so in the eyes of some. Nothing wrong has happened here and people should learn to be mischievous and divisive in a more intelligent way.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by DrCruz: 8:22am On Nov 05, 2019
obailala:
Another pointless event for wailers to masturbate on. Why exactly is this news?
An upcoming illiterate fool. MANNABBQGRIL, Afamed, Simplyleo, Helinues and other advance fools are hiding but you want to prove a point.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by themanderon: 8:23am On Nov 05, 2019
Baba knows that he has his ass covered. A rubber stamp senate, a sharia Justice system to give legal backing to all his shenanigans and the whole military and paramilitary apparatus under his control. Life couldn't be more sweeter. But he forgets there is a God that can overturn the whole table and everything will go kaputs!!!
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2019
Intelligent forumers should ask why, when Nigerians are always demanding progress, we are not discussing the part below of the article and what it means for Nigeria to only be obsessing about Kyari, bill being signed in London, PMB not handing over to Osinbajo etc. I have not seen one post directing discussion to the benefits of this bill for Nigeria and Nigerians. All is insult against PMB, Osinbajo, Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas. We don't understand that good leaders need good followers able to think critically to make them even better.

When we let cretins control the narrative we miss important issues and development such as how, now APC has a partner and not an enemy in the legislative arm, bills untouchable since as far back as 1993 are now being amended in record time for the betterment of Nigeria. We have a long way to go sha and are essentially a self-destructive people with our obsession with criticising and being negative alone while choosing to remain ignorant.

The bill amended the Deep Offshore (and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract) Act.

The President on Twitter described the signing as a landmark moment for Nigeria.

https://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-oil/update-1-nigerian-president-signs-bill-amending-offshore-oil-output-act-idUSL8N27K5L1

UPDATE 1-Nigerian president signs bill amending offshore oil output act

LAGOS, Nov 4 (Reuters) - Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari signed a bill into law on Monday that amends legislation on agreements related to offshore oil production, according to the president’s Twitter account.

The bill changes the 1993 Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract to add two new revenue streams. One is a flat 10% royalty on all projects over 200 meters deep and the other is a 7.5% royalty on frontier and inland basins.

While offshore oil projects are among the most challenging for companies to develop, they have helped boost oil output in the last few years from Nigeria, Africa’s top crude producer.

The measures are designed to add about $1.5 billion to government coffers in just two years but an oil industry group warned they would render billions in planned offshore oil investments unprofitable and cut nearly 30% from potential offshore output.

“This is a landmark moment for Nigeria,” Buhari said in a tweet in which he also thanked lawmakers for cooperating in what he called a long overdue amendment.

The measure passed through the legislature in a few weeks, an unusually quick pace for a country that has had a petroleum industry bill pending for more than a decade. (Reporting by Alexis Akwagyiram and Felix Onuah in Abuja; Editing by Edmund Blair and David Clarke)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Successlane: 8:32am On Nov 05, 2019
Just love the way Buhari keeps the wailers busy.

When one issue is fading , He drops another one, just to keep them busy ranting over inconsequential issues, while the planning and maneuvering for the main things are going on (at the background).

Come tell me say aboki no get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Arubajagz: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2019
This is how distracted Nigerian youth are. None of you is even concerned about the content of the bill. Na VP be una problem. Una go dey alright las las.

3 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by seanjy4konji: 8:41am On Nov 05, 2019
Basher8583:

Stop The Life of crime and embrace honest jobs. you will live longer
am not in this world to please your dirty ego
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by seanjy4konji: 8:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Fatsitting:

You're a coward
If you run out of your land, the Fulani jihadist land grabbers will take over your land/inheritance
Rape your women and enslave them.
They are the ones ruling now and making you want to run away
soworw that was not a coward...where did u pigs leave him??

1 Like

Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Arubajagz:
This is how distracted Nigerian youth are. None of you is even concerned about the content of the bill. Na VP be una problem. Una go dey alright las las.

Indeed. They will then insult those of us who encourage them to educate themselves so they can be informed critics. Buhari calls them lazy and they are upset. What show of laziness is greater than what we are seeing here with their disinterest in discussing a bill that will affect them to then make everything about where the bill is signed.

Possible $1.5 in Nigeria's coffers within two years because of this bill and issues should be about the $15k max Kyari visit to London will cost? Na wa sha.
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by kcub: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2019
dotun4real:

Obviously you are not a student of history to have said dis trash,let me remind you that ever since Osinbajo sacked one of the cabals (Daura) Buhari has not handed over power to him whenever he travels
. You Dull sha

Who is the minister of petroleum? Buhari is president and in full capacity carrying out his duties .

Do you even know the conditions for the president to handover to the VP?
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by okefrancis: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Is there anything bad in it ,since Buhari is the head of state he has right to do so
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
I tell you. Our mumu too much

E get one rotten barbecue person wey like English, e no comment for this one ?? I don forget the idiot
Re: Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London For Signing, Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 05, 2019
Successlane:
Just love the way Buhari keeps the wailers busy.

When one issue is fading , He drops another one, just to keep them busy ranting over inconsequential issues, while the planning and maneuvering for the main things are going on (at the background).

Come tell me say aboki no get sense.

Don't mind them. The man is dignified and getting on with his job and, despite hate against his person, delivering for them even as we see they cannot and do not want to see this with what they chose to discuss on this thread in comparison to what they should be discussing. I.e the benefits of this bill to Nigeria since that is what any progressive Nigerian should care about most.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bare-Chested Big-Sized Man At APC Rally In Lagos. Photos / Won’t Return To Aso Rock If I Lose On Saturday – Buhari / Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.