Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? (51573 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / Portugal Job Seekers Visa / Homosexuality: Nigerians Now Top Asylum Seekers In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
chicent2k3:

Stop arguing with him, he is correct. The first day costs 350aed and others cost 100aed ( if you are tourist).

I live and work in dubai.

Please,.what's the possibility of getting a teaching job for someone who study engineering (bachelor and master)?/
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Pataricatering(f): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
What are u saying ? Nigerians go and commit fraudulent acts and ur here talking like it’s d govt that made them do it ? Even if our govt is bad and u have d opportunity to travel out should U go and commit fraudulent acts that will get you arrested , deported etc ? Is it not same Nigerians that will go to America , uk etc and be scamming people , what has bad government got to do with that ?
greenguy:
What a pity. I think we're almost getting there, the point where things become so bad everywhere and we begin to hold our leaders accountable; only then can we start making progress.

Nigeria, a country where hope dwindles for the ordinary man everyday regardless of how hard you struggle to better your own life, you're only met with frustration.

Just keep pushing bros, you'll get a job. I wish you all the best.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Ugosample(m): 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
greenguy:
What a pity. I think we're almost getting there, the point where things become so bad everywhere and we begin to hold our leaders accountable; only then can we start making progress.

Nigeria, a country where hope dwindles for the ordinary man everyday regardless of how hard you struggle to better your own life, you're only met with frustration.

Just keep pushing bros, you'll get a job. I wish you all the best.

yes

if things spoil beyond repair

just maybe there will be a revolt against the govt

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Pataricatering(f): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
Abegi! We are fraudulent people - our boys are doing yahoo and yahoo and nobody gives a damn - we have accepted it as normal - men don’t want to talk about it they would rather condemn women as oloshos and prostitutes - misplaced priorities .
jayson87:
Sad how our motherland has failed us a nation. Should Nigerians be searching these odd jobs in the first place! Whew, we have been relegated to the level of Pakistan

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Ugosample(m): 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
kayroc:

Oga West Africa is easier. You can obtain passport from Benin Republic, Togo, even Sierra Leone or Gambia or Liberia within 1 year if you are ready to pay.

People are using the passport for visa lottery since they banned Nigerians.

na wa

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Ugosample(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Pataricatering:
Abegi! We are fraudulent people - our boys are doing yahoo and yahoo and nobody gives a damn - we have accepted it as normal - men don’t want to talk about it they would rather condemn women as oloshos and prostitutes - misplaced priorities .

yahoo and oloshoism is now seem aa normal
.And its a big shame

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Omeniimeh: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
You would have to come to dubai and do a short course added to your already attested certificate from nigeria, and with that you definitely will get a teaching job, mind you dubai teachers earn way better than most oil company workers in nigeria
BiggyB242:

How possible to get a teaching job in Dubai, I heard someone with a master degree is qualify to teach in their secondary school.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Omeniimeh: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Rewrite that again, but instead of WE use I
Pataricatering:

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by AngelicBeing: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ugosample:

yes

if things spoil beyond repair

just maybe there will be a revolt against the govt
Nobody wants to die, everyone wants to go to heaven

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by NONNYG: 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
Omeniimeh:
Rewrite that again, but instead of WE use I
God bless you

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Optimusprime7: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
My friend was not allowed to work as a salesman in Dubai cos he had hepatitis B.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by aromade112: 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
Broda, please which short are we talking about here?
Omeniimeh:
You would have to come to dubai and do a short course added to your already attested certificate from nigeria, and with that you definitely will get a teaching job, mind you dubai teachers earn way better than most oil company workers in nigeria
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Omeniimeh:

I heard they are paid well, do you know the course duration and the cost. Thanks man
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Omeniimeh: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
No i dont, use google to make findings
BiggyB242:

I heard they are paid well, do you know the course duration and the cost. Thanks man
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by tjlaalaa: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
peculiaryemight:

Driver salary is base on commission.
Security is correct.
Thanks but i had that the taxi drivers are on target and if they didnt meet up,they have to deduct it from their salary....how true its bro?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by tjlaalaa: 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
majamajic:

don't try getting a job in Dubai from Nigeria , do 3 months Visa , when u get there look for a job before the 3 months expire , if u don't get a job before the 3 months (which is rare) go to iran or Oman for visa change and come back again with another 3 months ,

or if u have money do the 2 yrs residence visa it's about 1.5 million , and work as free agent, that's ok too , but if u don't have money do 3 months of about 280k . buy ticket of about 250k that's all, no BTA needed , have about 36k for one month house rent , then extra money like 50k for feeding and others things till u get a job, in Dubai life is easier , that's if u know what u came to do !!
Please bro i heard is possible to get 2 years working visa,working permit and job in Nigeria before moving to uae....pls more light on it...thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by majamajic(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
tjlaalaa:
Please bro i heard is possible to get 2 years working visa,working permit and job in Nigeria before moving to uae....pls more light on it...thanks

yeah , it's possible

u can get the visa pink copy , when u get inside Dubai after medical test , they will give u the main visa

but getting residence visa while in Nigeria is not easy ( they might get u a job u will get there and don't like, I will advice u

if someone offer to do it for u

1, ask him the type of job he is getting for u

2, don't pay for the visa ( cos u are going to work for them ) it's their responsibility to offer u visa

3, make sure u are ready to travel cos it has about 40- 60 days expire date from date of issue , but once u enter it will readjust.

4, do HIV test , syphilis , marleria and hypertitis a and b tests , before u apply , if u fail any of these sickness u will be returned home from medical test hospital , u cant even go home to carry your bag sef , from their to airport

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by tjlaalaa: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2019
tjlaalaa:
Thank u s6 much bro,but please i have one agent in nigeria,they are :gulfplatform hr...they have office in dubai too...they are charging 800k with flight to get job,2 years working visa and resident permit before leaving nigeria....are they real bro...thanks bro.
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by awalaboy505(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2019
Good morning my beautiful people, hope we're all good?
So for a while now, i've been thinking of going to Dubai to work cos i can't seem to get any job here in naija that pays above 40k for the past two years after NYSC (and man's not getting any younger).
So i contacted two of my friends who are resident in Dubai to put me through on the way forward. One of them (a lady) told me that i should do a 3 month visit visa which costs about #260k and flight that goes for #246k. After which she urged me to come with some cash to get an accommodation, and pay an agent to help me get a job (with pay ranging from 100k to 150k) while the rest money would be meant for my feeding (I gats eat before i get job).. When she calculated everything, it amounted to 800 - 850k, including my feeding.

The other person (a guy) told me that I shouldn't come to Dubai with the 3months visa because life would be difficult for me. According to him, he said i should do a 2years work visa which would cost about 1mil (that i pay half first and pay the remaining immediately the visa is ready). He said the company would provide me with a good accommodation and transportation. He gave me lots of reasons why i shouldn't go with the lady's idea, including the fact that lot of fake job agents are roaming the streets of Dubai looking for a prey (that i might pay them to get a job for me and they scam me). Also, he said the apartment i would get when i come with the 3months visa is one that looks like a hostel where about ten people will be staying in A ROOM and a space goes for about 40 - 50k with other miscellaneous like electricity bills pegged at 10 -20k.. He added that if an agent finally secures a job for me, i may not be given an accommodation by the company and that i would still be paying for my accommodation even while working. (So if my salary is say 100-150k and i'm to take care of my accommodation while working that means i will be spending about 40-50k plus other fees from the salary)

Immediately the second guy told me about these things, i felt really discouraged cos i wouldn't want to waste the few available resources with me.

Please my travel gurus, i beg you all to put me through cos i'm in a state of dilemma, (my people say person wey ask questions, no dey miss road).

P.S: Both of them have the link to help me get the visa.

Please forgive me for the long epistle, it's just that whenever i start writing, i get too lazy to stop.

Thank you all for your contributions and do have a great day ahead. �

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by 2Lynx(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2019
Kokaine:

Absolutely correct.
My friend do you know the greatest Achilles heel to our achievement of this task? It is the mindset of the youth. The ideals that can give impetus to a revolution is lost. The focus is gone. We are making very bad use of social media. Knowledge is now common place, yet so many ignorant people cumbering this geographical enclave called Nigeria (actually an open air concentration camp)
The wrong people are seen as heroes. Celebrities, singers and other personality not too heavy in the landscape of relevance to national growth. The youths have lost it. Cheating everywhere, bribery, internet fraud, and support for the wrong things. We need a social re-engineering before anything meaningful can take place.

so right bro, the youth need to wake up, but its impossible when they have people who are always high on weed and singing nonsense as their role models,
Nigerian youth, always celebrating mediocrity, imagine wasting 7.5bilion, voting on a reality TV show, dat I didn't even understand what its all about.
if the youth should revolt ehn, we will be a force no military or politician can stand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by 2Lynx(m): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2019
lefulefu:
and funny enough many of us still praise and support yahoo boys

yes na In disguise of being music celebrities, imagine someone gaining admission into a prestigious university in nigeria but choose not to go, why, ”guy I wan start to dey press oo”, press what ehn, press watin!!

now, it's now an achievement, a goal, an ambition to them.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Kokaine(m): 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
2Lynx:

so right bro, the youth need to wake up, but its impossible when they have people who are always high on weed and singing nonsense as their role models,
Nigerian youth, always celebrating mediocrity, imagine wasting 7.5bilion, voting on a reality TV show, dat I didn't even understand what its all about.
if the youth should revolt ehn, we will be a force no military or politician can stand
exactly. The leaders are happy we have tacha and chioma as our greatest concern. So they can stash away the money while we debate who is better between davido and wizkit

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by maasoap(m): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
greenguy:

My brother, you don't build your house with just sand and expect to be safe when the rain comes. And you don't plant cassava and expect to harvest beans. Also, don't forget that a drowning man would pull at even a broom stick just to stay afloat.

Always remember these when you make excuses for Nigeria's leaders. BTW, 99% of Nigerians are corrupt not 80%.

Make excuses! I don't see myself or the other person you quoted as making excuses for our leaders on this thread. This is about those who are making excuses for criminal habits of individual Nigerians home and abroad. Our leaders are corrupt, dishonest, selfish and useless. We know that. But when you as a Nigerian struggle to leave this country and eventually succeed and the only thing you could think to engage in is crime in your host country. You can't blame your leaders for that.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by 2Lynx(m): 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kokaine:
exactly. The leaders are happy we have tacha and chioma as our greatest concern. So they can stash away the money while we debate who is better between davido and wizkit

hahahaha
on point sir..imagine Nigerians celebrating people who add nothing to the society, but release music with insane dance step to go along with it and say, that is their on way of protesting against the government.
gone are the days a student will tell you I look up to Ben carson, or John d Rockefeller as role models but marlians is what we are hearing lol
I will at least try to contribute my own share to lift this nation up a lil %

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by tony5(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Our Problem Starts From The Government And His Cabinet Who Enrich Their Pockets At The Expense Of It Citizens And Over Burden With Tax Which Hardwork Can Not Earn To Meet Up. A Society The Poor And Middle Class Pay More Tax Than The Rich. A Society Where We Are Always Praying For Solutions Right In Front Of Us. Poverty Is A Bastard.
The Walking Dead Man Is Now In London For What? A Sane Society Will Not Force It's Citizen To Feel The Need To Amass Wealth To Enjoy Basic Amenities And Comfort.
I Rest My Case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) / Driver Loses Control, Ends Up In Casket Shop, Seller Insists He Must Buy All / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.