Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? (40532 Views)

Why A Mathematician Is Preferred To Someone Who Studied Banking For Bank Job / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / What's A Person Who Studies/studied English Language Called? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by TheGreatIYANU: 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
UnknownJr:
My question nw is why will anyone regret ever studying abroad, is it even possible? Pls someone should explain.

Well you'd be surprised. I studied in the UK and I quite regret it. When my mates where crossing to Canada for PG, I took the UK route... turned out to be one of the worst decisions I ever took because when I finished my program, I received an email expressly instructing me to return to my country sad

My classmates in the West by the second year of their stay had already been absolved into different organizations. I'm talking about 2012.

Today, all of them are Canadian citizens. The UK just recently upturned that ridiculous policy and now give extra 2 years visa after you finish your program to encourage more foreign students to come there as they where loosing their prospects to Canada.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Vision2ae: 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
pls who knows a thing or two about studying medicine and pharmacy in Morocco
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by fk002: 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigerians mumu ehn!!

See how they turned this informative thread to a sarcastic one, and the funny thing is most of the commenters on the front page, if you check well they attended Mushrooms polythecnics.

OP no regret so far.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by FlyingTOMATOE: 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
fk002:
Nigerians mumu ehn!!
if you check well
they attended Much rooms polythecnics. no regret so far.
mushroom

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by fk002: 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
FlyingTOMATOE:
mushroom

Haaaa prof!

Na typo na

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by FlyingTOMATOE: 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
fk002:

Haaaa prof! Na typo na
bro I have no intention to ridicule you oooo.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by kevoh(m): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2019
Vision2ae:
pls who knows a thing or two about studying medicine and pharmacy in Morocco
What's your current status? Are you in Maroc already? If yes, have you been offered the medicine/pharmacy already? If yes, I could link you up with Nigerian graduates of either course to help you out . If No, your chances of being offered Medicine/Pharmacy is very slim, you could be offered an alternative course instead like BCG or SVT, you could still be lucky though. It's fun when your language of instruction is in French.

If you are still in Nigeria and have not moved to Maroc, find a University in an English speaking country instead. It's difficult to adapt a french degree equivalence to Nigeria degrees. Heck, Nigerians hardly understand their own degrees. (The HND vs BSC dichotomy is an example)The French degree scale is 1 to 20, not 2:2, 2:1 or 1st class, good luck finding a Nigerian human resource personnel with the patience to understand that.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Vega100: 1:03am On Nov 11, 2019
rtdCivilservant:
I attended Manchester primary school in uk, attended boys high school Houston in united states and graduated from Harvard in United states with a first class in Engineering, but with all these I am a teacher in God's saviour secondary school in Oshodi. So in all what is my gain? This world is wicked.
hahahahahahaha cheesy grin cheesy guy u be mad man, u don make me laugh pour tea for my body!!! U no well at all.. hahahaha

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by emmasege: 5:20am On Nov 11, 2019
TheGreatIYANU:

Well you'd be surprised. I studied in the UK and I quite regret it. When my mates where crossing to Canada for PG, I took the UK route... turned out to be one of the worst decisions I ever took because when I finished my program, I received an email expressly instructing me to return to my country sad

My classmates in the West by the second year of their stay had already been absolved into different organizations. I'm talking about 2012.

Today, all of them are Canadian citizens. The UK just recently upturned that ridiculous policy and now give extra 2 years visa after you finish your program to encourage more foreign students to come there as they where loosing their prospects to Canada.

This is why I advise any Nigerian never to consider UK for study except his papa don reserve a space for him for NNPC, FIRS or CBN.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Godons1: 5:20am On Nov 11, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
I studied in Biafra Republic.

It is in "the Abroad"
cheesy

Biafra is dead

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by TheGreatIYANU: 7:08am On Nov 11, 2019
emmasege:
This is why I advise any Nigerian never to consider UK for study except his papa don reserve a space for him for NNPC, FIRS or CBN.

I tell you
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by partnerbizn5(m): 7:34am On Nov 11, 2019
rtdCivilservant:
I attended Manchester primary school in uk, attended boys high school Houston in united states and graduated from Harvard in United states with a first class in Engineering, but with all these I am a teacher in God's saviour secondary school in Oshodi. So in all what is my gain? This world is wicked.

you play too much.
Some may not get this us a joke.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Vision2ae: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2019
kevoh:

What's your current status? Are you in Maroc already? If yes, have you been offered the medicine/pharmacy already? If yes, I could link you up with Nigerian graduates of either course to help you out . If No, your chances of being offered Medicine/Pharmacy is very slim, you could be offered an alternative course instead like BCG or SVT, you could still be lucky though. It's fun when your language of instruction is in French.

If you are still in Nigeria and have not moved to Maroc, find a University in an English speaking country instead. It's difficult to adapt a french degree equivalence to Nigeria degrees. Heck, Nigerians hardly understand their own degrees. (The HND vs BSC dichotomy is an example)The French degree scale is 1 to 20, not 2:2, 2:1 or 1st class, good luck finding a Nigerian human resource personnel with the patience to understand that.
thanks..I have been offered those courses already
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Diary07(f): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2019
When did India become local
Amstupid:
op said Foreign nt local grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Diary07(f): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2019
grin��
SmallmebigGod:
As you can see, they are too busy to answer this question.
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2019
NO. I studied in china and now work with chinese here in nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Fisher007: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2019
Hmm
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Goldencheese(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2019
Are you for real?
rtdCivilservant:
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by thaler(m): 8:00am On Nov 11, 2019
Why would someone that studied abroad have any regrets?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by ednut1(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2019
If you study in a country with no prospect of getting papers you will likely regret it. I don see uk graduate 4 years after graduate hustling for internship job

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Ifyz0001: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

Guy u sabi lie shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by lee007(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2019
NOPE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Emekadollars(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2019
I don't think anyone will regret attending an institution higher than the ones we have in the country.
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by ednut1(m): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2019
thaler:
Why would someone that studied abroad have any regrets?
if u studied in the uk. After u spent 5 to 6m they sent u back home. U reach here na 100k job u go see. Wont u regret??

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2019
rtdCivilservant:

I used to think so but later realised that the world is wicked and not fair.
Fortune favors the Bold.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by wilcox(m): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2019
A subject that was supposed to be a serious one has been hijacked by miscreants. Why

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by PoliteActivist: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2019
squarelead:
Pls we need replies. Want to learn one or two things

Unfortunately u can't really get much from here.
No way u can generalise this. Everybody has his own story, experience, and circumstances. Yours will be unique too
Re: Nigerians Who Studied Abroad, Do You Have Any Regrets? by wilcox(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2019
A subject that was supposed to be a serious one has been hijacked by miscreants. Why ? Must you comment on every thread?

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Parent's Reply To A Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.