Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? (34856 Views)

Elon Musk Warns Low Birth Rates May Lead To Population Collapse / I Am Starting My First Business With No Prior Business Experience / What You Should Know About Starting Your First Business Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Duggedised12(f): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
somehow:
Do you need any and for what?
not for now,when i do thanks to you i know what to do.

1 Like

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
hustlelegit:
All those shouting mini-importation blah blah, mini -importation is 100% a profitable business depending on how vast your knowledge is on the field. Most of you venture into mini-importation with no knowledge on digital marketing or social media marketing, and you keep advising people not to start and blah blah. Mtcheww. I ventured into mini importation,print on demand and drop shipping at the same time and my business was booming but I stopped cos facebook deactivated my facebook account and I had a balance of 100k in my ads account, so I just decided to put it at hold since I can't create facebook ads and instagram ads, google ads dey expensive and twitter so I ignore those two. Am still pleading facebook till dey open am back.
Don't mislead people, learn digital marketing and you will be able to sell things easily, Invest and learn. I bought courses and learnt alot, so even if you have 100k start importing and put aside 20k for advertising and learn social media ads, if you no get money to learn am, find person to help you run am. Use gig logistics for your local delivery and u go Dec enjoy ur business.
Once facebook activates my account, I will start a subscription platform and my main target will be USA, Europe ,Canada and Australia cos those countres can invest in anything. No money is small to start a business bro

what type of subscription site
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by primeache: 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Why? Gig Logistics cost around 2800, you simply have to factor in that cost in your price.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by chelseamann(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
I'm into milling Business and selling of food stuffs and animal feeds. The business has being flourishing even in my absence(I'm a full-time student too) because it's more like a family venture ( My Mum and Younger bro works there too). I'm thinking of establishing a milling industry (animal feeds). Can someone that is into it enlighten me more ? Location is Enugu.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by bestmutiu2019(m): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
sinaj:
you can send your no via pm.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by daddytime(m): 3:28am On Nov 18, 2019
mrgoodd:

Mine was around 2006 or 2007. I was working in a financial institution and nursed the idea of running a laundry business as a side gig due to an opportunity I saw. Prior to that time, there was a lady in the area I resided then, she worked at a business where I usually patronize, I observed she was a very good, decent and diligent lady, so I 'toasted' her (trust boys nau) but she was foot-dragging about my advances, so I decided to back- track.

Months later we spoke and she informed me she longer worked there, I was happy and she asked me why, I immediately told her my plans and offered her an opportunity to manage the new business I was about to set up to which she agreed. We launched the business, a sizeable one and I did a lot of marketing, so customers started pouring in, including my friends and church members.

The business went on very well for about 2 years and I was making money so comfortably that I wasn't really touching my salary where I worked except for the loan I took to start up, the lady didn't steal my money and even if she did, I didn't really care because I was happy with what she remitted, besides, I trusted her so much.

Then trouble started, she started giving me 'attitude', I was confused because we maintained a good working relationship, so on a fateful weekend, I took her out to have a discussion and the outcome shocked me!- She had been managing the business properly in my absence ( I only went there occassionally after I close from work in the evening) because she saw it as 'our' business, that she's been waiting for me to follow up on my earlier advances and start thinking of settling down with her, I was speechless.

To cut the long story short, she eventually left when she saw I was more interested in growing the business than having a relationship with her. Every manager afterwards was a sorry story, they stole so much that I wanted to close down the business, sadly, I encountered an unprecedented financial challenge at the time and sought investors, funny thing is that I even posted it here on Nairaland, that I was looking for investors....lol.........I eventually closed down the business and that experience remains one of the most painful in my life.

Conclusively, I'd say Human Resources was my bane. Without good and sincere people especially Managers, your business is likely to suffer.

If she’s not married yet, Just try to get her and later you will marry another small girl on top her maybe after ten years, By that time you will have know how far and she would have add a lot to your wallet, It’s a win win for you sir, Forget my religion won’t allow me marry two wives, Only if you re sure your religion will feed you after you retire from your white collar job, It’s not easy to see someone that’s that loyal even if she will mess up you will not have the problem of feeding the kids and paying school fees, You will just be battling with your head while the proceed from the business will be used to support your kids, Na one by one shit they gather.

Nonsense, useless and a rubbish advise which is no different from yahoo-yahoo.

Just imagine someone planning same for your sister.

We Nigerians are just too self-centered. Always looking for people to use for our personal gains.

4 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Topshow4real: 5:40am On Nov 18, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You dont use newly created Facebook account to create Ads. They'll lock the account sharply. Simply buy from people. I bought about 2 different accounts last month, still using one.

How much will you buy my old fb account?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 18, 2019
Topshow4real:

How much will you buy my old fb account?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 18, 2019
mrgoodd:

Mine was around 2006 or 2007. I was working in a financial institution and nursed the idea of running a laundry business as a side gig due to an opportunity I saw. Prior to that time, there was a lady in the area I resided then, she worked at a business where I usually patronize, I observed she was a very good, decent and diligent lady, so I 'toasted' her (trust boys nau) but she was foot-dragging about my advances, so I decided to back- track.

Months later we spoke and she informed me she longer worked there, I was happy and she asked me why, I immediately told her my plans and offered her an opportunity to manage the new business I was about to set up to which she agreed. We launched the business, a sizeable one and I did a lot of marketing, so customers started pouring in, including my friends and church members.

The business went on very well for about 2 years and I was making money so comfortably that I wasn't really touching my salary where I worked except for the loan I took to start up, the lady didn't steal my money and even if she did, I didn't really care because I was happy with what she remitted, besides, I trusted her so much.

Then trouble started, she started giving me 'attitude', I was confused because we maintained a good working relationship, so on a fateful weekend, I took her out to have a discussion and the outcome shocked me!- She had been managing the business properly in my absence ( I only went there occassionally after I close from work in the evening) because she saw it as 'our' business, that she's been waiting for me to follow up on my earlier advances and start thinking of settling down with her, I was speechless.

To cut the long story short, she eventually left when she saw I was more interested in growing the business than having a relationship with her. Every manager afterwards was a sorry story, they stole so much that I wanted to close down the business, sadly, I encountered an unprecedented financial challenge at the time and sought investors, funny thing is that I even posted it here on Nairaland, that I was looking for investors....lol.........I eventually closed down the business and that experience remains one of the most painful in my life.

Conclusively, I'd say Human Resources was my bane. Without good and sincere people especially Managers, your business is likely to suffer.

If she’s not married yet, Just try to get her and later you will marry another small girl on top her maybe after ten years, By that time you will have know how far and she would have add a lot to your wallet, It’s a win win for you sir, Forget my religion won’t allow me marry two wives, Only if you re sure your religion will feed you after you retire from your white collar job, It’s not easy to see someone that’s that loyal even if she will mess up you will not have the problem of feeding the kids and paying school fees, You will just be battling with your head while the proceed from the business will be used to support your kids, Na one by one shit they gather.
Just lookat I doubt you'd find another committed lady to handle your business like that woman. Greedy selfish people everywhere.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by tugrow(m): 7:29am On Nov 18, 2019
Yoighaman:

next time , pls when your worker is doing great and a case that he or she is the eye of the business, please share profit and also make formal arrangements of settlement may be after some years of staying with you

2 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by hefelove(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2019
It is well
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Bahamas95(m): 9:39am On Nov 18, 2019
zeelux97:

Lolls
I mean no disrespect, but are you an employee or own a business of your own?
I'm self employed. Why did you ask?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Topshow4real: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Seuntek(m): 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Any business u want to do in life, make sure you understand it. 2, make sure u offer what the people in your environment need. U can't sell gold in a community where they see 3 square meal as a luxury.... Who go buy am?... 3. Don't invest all ur savings at once, to avoid frustration and quick expectation from the business. 4. Learn how to start small and grow big. It is better to make it gradually than to invest big at once and lose it all. 5. If u must give out credit, don't overdo it. Less ur business will experience premature mortality. Finally, try to do business with experience people who knows the in and out of the business u are going into, learn from them. Knowledge is very powerful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Sadiama: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
Well said!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by mizskyhigh: 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
Treasury Bills are a no no at the moment,with this new CBN rule of not selling certain types of TB to individuals,the rates will crash further.

However,if you are looking for a secured investment opportunity, I'd advice you invest with RICH-OAK. It's an investment and finance house in Abuja(P.s: you don't have to be in Abuja to invest)

They have different investment plans with varying interest rates

Premium plus- requires a minimum of N100k and interest rate is 18% per annum for 1 year and 24% for 2 years and above. The good thing with this is you can collect your interest upfront or choose for it to be paid monthly or wait to collect it at maturity with your Principal

You save plus which is designed for students requires minimum of N50k with same interest rates as Premium plus

Standard plan: is designed for long term investment e.g child education,vacation etc, minimum is N5,000 monthly and interest rate is compounding monthly! Starting with 4% depending on length of investment

Premium plan: this is a form of saving account, minimum is N5,000 monthly for at least 1 year and interest rate is 8% per annum

This isn't hear say,I am an investor here so I know exactly what I'm talking about. They are legit and have a strong presence in Abuja. You can look them up on Instagram @Richoakconnect1 talk to a rep and visit the office here in Abuja if you can.

And oh,they give loans too(terms and conditions apply though),for those who may be interested.

Whatever you do,just invest that idle cash pending when you think through your grand business idea. What I know for sure is,no bank will give you those rates.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by remigreat(f): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
We are into poultry farming
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by delishpot: 11:11am On Nov 19, 2019
mrgoodd:

I didn’t say he should toy with the lady heart, Read what I put down before you get my name soiled in the mud

Abegi. Telling a man to go ahead and marry a woman he stopped having feelings for because of money. Advising him to later marry a wife of his choice after he has secured the bag with the first woman. All because of money. #Moneylover

3 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by delishpot: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2019
mrgoodd:

f she’s not married yet, Just try to get her and later you will marry another small girl on top her maybe after ten years, By that time you will have know how far and she would have add a lot to your wallet, It’s a win win for you sir, Forget my religion won’t allow me marry two wives, Only if you re sure your religion will feed you after you retire from your white collar job, It’s not easy to see someone that’s that loyal even if she will mess up you will not have the problem of feeding the kids and paying school fees, You will just be battling with your head while the proceed from the business will be used to support your kids, Na one by one shit they gather.

Who made this comment Oga? If this was an advise given to a girl you planned to wed, won't you conclude that she is marrying or toying with your heart for money?

2 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by johnsmith5: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
I was too sacred to spend money on advertising and I didn't use any CRM in my work. These were my main mistakes. But I hope it taught me how to overcome all obstacles that's why I decided to start my new business. In my work I always use EspoCRM, it is free cloud-based service that helps me to manage all my contacts and data.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by gwanggaeto(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
Sirseedorf:
What about accessories business, is it profitable and less problem?

I want to start a mini accessories business, though I have about 100000k but I don't really know much about it.

I'm looking for where to get the goods but a friend of my ask me to go to Alaba international market that I will see an accessories distributor there. how safe is Alaba international for thus kind of business.

I'm afraid to lose the business in a short time or no profit acquired...

What type of Accessories?
Is it phone Accessories?
If so, I can link you up to someone in Alabama who is into the business...
Are you in Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
MoIbrahim:

They left at their own time when the business was having challenges, without waiting for us to get their replacement and they left gaps without giving a damn.

Employing someone out of pity was the mistake, and lesson was learnt, the hard way.

Chief, there's an underlying truth behind stories like this.
I left my job in this same manner 10 months ago, though i submitted my resignation last year July but it was not approved.
Let me say i was fortunate to get the job a month after youth service in 2016, I wasn't paid 2 months into the job because the company had no money, this and many more (no leave, no allowance, no health insurance, no pension, no weekends off) i endured for 2 and half years working for that company.
Need I say, it got to a point i was using my money to run a building construction that i had no stake in, it was that bad on a 48k salary job.
I resume work 7.45am Mondays through 9pm every saturdays ,I had no social life, i couldn't do anything else aside that job, it was as if my life took a different turn. I aged quickly!
If i tell you i was in my mid 20's you won't believe me.
The company was in debt before i joined them and the debt profile grew. We would be in the office/ site and some contractors would threaten to shut everywhere down. What about our labourers, some would threaten to throw our site engineers into a concrete mixer if they're not paid their weekly wages.
I took the decision after the Christmas break not to return because the odds are /is still stacked against them. Building contracts were/are not forthcoming.
My colleagues that stayed back haven't been paid for 4 months, 4 months !
It happened alot when i was there, we've gone 5 months without salary and you dare not come to work.
Its a hard thing to do especially when you have no where else to go, that same feeling kept the QS and Accounts assistant back (fear of the unknown).

3 Likes

Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Sirseedorf(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
It is phone accessories including chargers and earpieces.
Yes am base in Lagos .

@gwanggaeto
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2019
Jones4190:

there is oo my brother, infact that is my business, don't even go for the one of 100k, look for the one of 50k, buy two and give aboki to be delivery 6k each every week.
Are the aabokis more trusted than the yorubas?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by edoman2016: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
Freshprince91:

Chief, there's an underlying truth behind stories like this.
I left my job in this same manner 10 months ago, though i submitted my resignation last year July but it was not approved.
Let me say i was fortunate to get the job a month after youth service in 2016, I wasn't paid 2 months into the job because the company had no money, this and many more (no leave, no allowance, no health insurance, no pension, no weekends off) i endured for 2 and half years working for that company.
Need I say, it got to a point i was using my money to run a building construction that i had no stake in, it was that bad on a 48k salary job.
I resume work 7.45am Mondays through 9pm every saturdays ,I had no social life, i couldn't do anything else aside that job, it was as if my life took a different turn. I aged quickly!
If i tell you i was in my mid 20's you won't believe me.
The company was in debt before i joined them and the debt profile grew. We would be in the office/ site and some contractors would threaten to shut everywhere down. What about our labourers, some would threaten to throw our site engineers into a concrete mixer if they're not paid their weekly wages.
I took the decision after the Christmas break not to return because the odds are /is still stacked against them. Building contracts were/are not forthcoming.
My colleagues that stayed back haven't been paid for 4 months, 4 months !
It happened alot when i was there, we've gone 5 months without salary and you dare not come to work.
Its a hard thing to do especially when you have no where else to go, that same feeling kept the QS and Accounts assistant back (fear of the unknown).
Are your colleagues not family man? How are they taking care of their families without salaries for four months and still continue to go to work? Where are they getting transport fare? It sounds unbelievable to me.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Coolkhat: 11:22pm On Nov 19, 2019
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Yinibixema: 10:01am On Nov 20, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Just lookat I doubt you'd find another committed lady to handle your business like that woman. Greedy selfish people everywhere.
I have fb account to sell 5k
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2019
Yinibixema:

I have fb account to sell 5k
Sorry I only pay 2k for Facebook. Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Yinibixema: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Sorry I only pay 2k for Facebook. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hmmm 2k?
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2019
Yinibixema:

Hmmm 2k?
Yea
Re: What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? by Yinibixema: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Yea
I would give you 4k last last because you’re hardworking

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Reason Why You Should Quit Gambling / Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) / Naira Redesign: Grains Prices Crash Days After Record Surge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.