Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,896 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. (72507 Views)

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / Is This Snake Venomous? / This Snake Was Killed In Our Factory. What's The Name - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Sheuns(m): 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
That’s a forest cobra. Highly venomous. A bite can kill within an hour if not treated. Try to push it deeper in the bush.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by DarkJeddi(m): 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2019
April4th:

That’s a cobra � and it’s definitely venomous.
It's a Black Mamba and much more aggressive than a Cobra..
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by sisisioge: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
GraGra247:

Stop promoting every nonsense western ideology.

So when that snake kills a human being probably a breadwinner to his family then its not cruelty??

So now human life is cheaper than dangerous poisonous animals.

Abi o...for poisonous snakes. Kill them. We do not have easily assessable anti venom like oyinbos have. Your like is more important than that of those slimmmy frkk.ERS! Be guided biko.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by mechanics(m): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
You want to preserve nature abi, good for you.
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by DarkJeddi(m): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
Sheuns:
That’s a forest cobra. Highly venomous. A bite can kill within an hour if not treated. Try to push it deeper in the bush.
It's a Black Mamba and highly aggressive,

The largest venomous and most temperamental Snake in Africa..
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by DarkJeddi(m): 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
qualityGod:
Through my window I saw this pretty creature waiting for prey but I just took a shot ,life if indeed beautiful grin grin grin

Please Stop animal cruelty.
It's a Black Mamba,better keep away from it next time..

It is highly aggressive and will lash out at the slightest provocation.
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by dazzlingd(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
U get liver oo, some people for don piss for body taking a picture of that

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Baroba(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
grandstar:
rWhy isn't this on front page. You rock man

A real twist on what we see on Nairaland. God bless you

I concur, cheesy grin..First time seeing a live snake on Nairaland.. He sure rocks grin
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by DarkJeddi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
KushLyon:

Lol... Go tell that to black mamba....immediately that one see you, you don find e trouble
This is a Black Mamba..
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Anitameb(f): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
Jasen1:

Oho tomorrow waka pass lion oh and don't scare him at all let's see if the lion will just pass cheesy
��� Correct
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Baroba(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
grandstar:

Snakes rarely attack humans and when they do, it is fear based aggression, simply to protect itself. It is scared of you。

Tell em, even the largest python or the venomous mamba will run from humans..
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Baroba(m): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2019
DarkJeddi:
This is a Black Mamba..

Yup, not common here, quite a rare sighting in Nigeria.
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by DarkJeddi(m): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
Baroba:

Tell em, even the largest python or the venomous mamba will run from humans..
A Python that is large enough to swallow a human is not going to run from a potential prey..

Venomous Snakes yes,but not a huge enough Python or Anaconda..
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2019
qualityGod:
Through my window I saw this pretty creature waiting for prey but I just took a shot ,life if indeed beautiful grin grin grin

But this snake will most likely bite (and possibly kill) the next person that will cross it's path

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Datingcomrade(f): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2019
Lie lie OP, just say you are afraid to do the needful make the snake no use you do pepper soup.
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by jaxxy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
qualityGod:

Kill or hunting an animal to eat is not animal cruelty. Let’s stop doing copy and paste mentality with these whites and western mindset. They also hunt animals and a white man wont let a snake be roaming freely around his house either. He will call animal protection unit to get rid of it to a safer habitat.

Stupidity is letting a snake roam freely in ur vicinity not animal protection ok. What if it bites a child or even an adult??!

That is a potentially dangerous animal not a pet!!!
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Hezzyluv: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
Jasen1:

Oho tomorrow waka pass lion oh and don't scare him at all let's see if the lion will just pass cheesy

grin grin grin. grin ...... U have kill... me
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Harbeeorlar(m): 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2019
Eskis sir, is there a way to differentiate a hungry lion and a filled one? Asking for OP

theenchanter:
lions are not always hungry, but when they're hungry, they go for big prey like buffalos and wildbeest.. and once they're filled, they can go for several days without food.

A healthy lion eat like twice a week.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by BABSSSOO(m): 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2019
you no kill am or you no fit kill am?.no worry na the snake go still cum bite tomorrow...
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by donphilopus: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
And I killed same yesterday. wink grin

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Sicilyjoe: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
Simply truth is that the poster is afraid of the snake he can't even go close talk less of killing it, as u can see he snap from the window net

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by firfinch(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
qualityGod:
This is black mamba, very poisonous and likes to stay inside the house especially bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by kay29000(m): 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2019
Jasen1:

If the lion isn't hungry, it will not do anything to you.
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by kay29000(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
bluebay:

Snake doesn't hurt people unless it feels threatened... Most people always get bitten
either when they steps on snakes or gets too close to the snake..

So true. There are many snakes in my area, and once they see a human being, they run for their lives. It is always funny when I see a snake running from me.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by smokeyupu(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
Liver fail you.....

That's why it's good to eat lots of liver instead of flesh
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by ejairobaby: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Look at that snake closely. It's a black mamba. One of the most deadly snake on earth.
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Victorclean1: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
IT IS A BLACK MAMBA , BLACK MAMBA BLACK MAMBA BLACK MAMBA. RUN RUN RUN. MOST VENEMOUS AND POISONOUS SNAKE IN AFRICA.
MORE VENEMOUS THAN KING COBRA

RUN RUN RUN
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Stevo35: 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
I the CEO of Nat Geo wild congratulates you for your kindness towards that serpent' GRACIAS!!
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Fammoboy10(m): 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
madridsta007:

That is a venemous snake.
You probably didnt kill it because you were scared. Understandable.
You should have called someone else to kill it.
It will see a human and strike when it has the chance. It would not rationalise like you. It will bite and possibly kill the person it sees. Because of you. Let us hope that this wouldnt be a child or someone sleeping.

Yeah you are right.
He just played with a black mamba: a very fast, venomous and deadly snake.

It can strike unaware, even when someone is not pursuing it.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by KingWarri: 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
qualityGod:
But I was told snake hate carpet Grass but this snake love it,pls who know the specie of the snake?
Ah think that is a black mamba
Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by madridsta007(m): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
Fammoboy10:

Yeah you are right.
He just played with a black mamba: a very fast, venomous and deadly snake.

It can strike unaware, even when someone is not pursuing it.

Yup. It’s a black mamba. The type I’ll tell my friends, “kill it before it sees you”. Highly venomous sub-Saharan African breed. Only found in the tropics.

It is very curious at anything that moves or has a heat map/ heat radiation that it can feel. Then it strikes, with precision.

It was an opportunity to kill it and probably save someone’s life (because it looks like it was running away), but he ducked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. by Emmaxy9(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2019
I'm stilltl trying to understand the joy between Nairaland mods and snake related News

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Umar Yusuf Builds Modern Bicycles To Empower Citizens / The Strange Snake We Killed This Morning / Inside World’s Saddest Zoo With Blind Bear Locked In Cage For 30 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.