Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,620 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? (27323 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by oludolars(m): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
My first handling of a cousin's Mercedes G63 wagon on the newly tarred road after Ore inwards Benin. He was shaking in his car and felt the value of his money as it roared like a lion.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by oludolars(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
The second Experience with was a 1998 Lexus LS400

The only car that was fully balanced and drove with very low rev of all the cars i have ever driven at high speed is the 1998 LS400.

I was able to attain a maximum speed of 260km/hr(160miles per hour). It is a V8 4.0 engine. That was the car that made me love speed. I fell so much in love with Toyota and Lexus products afterwards. I tried some Honda products too but they had issues afterwards once the speed persists for more than 5 minutes, some even started having transmission issues while the Toyota cars grew stronger.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by oludolars(m): 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
My 2003 Toyota Camry is also a speed machine, but least stable of them all. It had the highest rev at 190km/h.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by bee4un: 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
2003 Toyota corolla S, manual transmission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ZnB5uot8Q

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by ndidibabe(f): 6:01pm On May 07, 2021
Readonee35L:

Still did this recently.
09 camry
2az-fe
5speed auto
Are u still alive...
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Readonee35L(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2021
ndidibabe:
Are u still alive...
I am smiley
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by ndidibabe(f): 7:57pm On May 07, 2021
phunmydahdah:
I dont go beyond 70km, but since i gave birth i move at 50km especially when my daughter is in the car
Driving at this speed can cause an accident on the highway...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by emvuatt: 6:54am On May 08, 2021
Have done 180km(hr on my mini cooper R56
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Bizzyliss(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2021
First one is 2010 camry with 2ar
Second is 05 highlander but car is restricted to 180km/hr
Third is 07 es 350

2 Shares

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by igoYabYou: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
143kph

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Arrow144(m): 7:20am On Nov 12, 2021
oludolars:
My first handling of a cousin's Mercedes G63 wagon on the newly tarred road after Ore inwards Benin. He was shaking in his car and felt the value of his money as it roared like a lion.
@oludolars you've driven some top notch machines oh.. am just wondering how far Merc g63 will be roaring on dat road.. chai i go like try am iswr
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by alphaNomega: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2021
oludolars:

The only car that was fully balanced and drove with very low rev of all the cars i have ever driven at high speed is the 1998 LS400.

I was able to attain a maximum speed of 260km/hr(160miles per hour). It is a V8 4.0 engine. That was the car that made me love speed. I fell so much in love with Toyota and Lexus products afterwards. I tried some Honda products too but they had issues afterwards once the speed persists for more than 5 minutes, some even started having transmission issues while the Toyota cars grew stronger.

Holy fuçking shít! We need more V8 engines. Fuçk climate change, fuçk gas prices! Your RPM has brought tears to my eyes... Tears of joy cry

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2021
alphaNomega:

Holy fuçking shít! We need more V8 engines. Fuçk climate change, fuçk gas prices! Your RPM has brought tears to my eyes... Tears of joy cry

Eh, rpm at different speeds is more a function of gearing than engines.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by laivwire(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2021
In addition, he could have been on a downward slope....but nonetheless the LS has always caught my eye mehn.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by demolagilbert: 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

so so glad I saw this thread and that rpm, just like I said happened with my ford edge on lag-ibadan expressway on your thread. Everyone thought I was lying. When I saw that Lexus dashboard up there i swear I felt joy! I screenshot am sharpaly
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by alphaNomega: 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

I want a v8 sedan
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:06am On Nov 16, 2021
agbaske5:
210km/hr with a jaguar....

Guy, and it was raining too! shocked
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by demolagilbert: 8:44am On Nov 16, 2021
oludolars:

banky3w I made this same claim a while ago, of low rpm on high speed due to overdrive. Only you gave me the benefit of doubt. Imagine my joy over a year later and someone else did exact same thing, with proof this time.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kowalsky: 1:25am On Dec 02, 2021
kowalsky:

140km/hr on the same road grin

190km/hr more recently. I don get mind sha
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by DAVE5(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2021
216km/h

Lagos to Ibadan…, it felt fulfilling mehn

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Porsche’s First Station Wagon Supercar (Photos) / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA / Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.