Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,040 members, 7,953,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? (27297 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by cotzywitzy(m): 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
220 my head and car became light. Never gonna try that ever again. Speed kills o. Dunno if Na my ghost self Dey type this grin
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by ajebuter(f): 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
coughs

Wetin konsain yu, gbeborun tongue tongue
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kayflax: 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:
We have heard a random man brag that he has hit 180km/hr when travelling from Abuja to Port Harcourt. On these bad roads?
With
no regard for safety and human life?

Mine is 120km/h on Port Harcourt - Umuahia Road (many years ago, the road is bad now).
I was running late to a wedding.

What's the highest speed you have ever hit? Be it during car/bike race or expressway driving, tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcOXTzfUGc

220KM/HR (From Ilesa to Ife in 11 minutes) Year was 2009. Have a snapshot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Vince77(m): 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
A little above 120km.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Vince77(m): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Readonee35L:

It's not so difficult or dangerous.
If you have a Good car with Good suspension.
You wouldn't know how fast .

This is just the truth. If you are driving a very good car on a very smooth road, you'll never realize how fast you are going till you look at your speedometer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by billy187(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wow, 180, 200kmph, in a possibly welded up, accident car? Yezzus! Highest I've ever gone is 150ish, and I slowed down the second I noticed on my speedo.

I guess Imma just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7dG9UlzeFM

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by wandium: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
145Mph that's like 220-230Kmph travelling along Itobe-Anyigba road. Had exams that day.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by MusaDanladi1: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Readonee35L:

I have Abs And Traction control.
Check light is p0420
Catalytic converter is abscent .
OK o!! But from the picture you posted abs and traction Control lights were both illuminated.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by dwisedgreat: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Mine was 120 from Lagos to warri. And I don’t think I will want to go more than that oooo.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by GeeMeshin1(m): 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
160 Km/hr.
Warri to Asaba
I won't do it again though.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by double3(m): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
Speed kills!!...I don't go beyond 65-70mph anymore, no matter how smooth and clear the road is. Anything above 120kmph is definitely a no no!!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Yusful131: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:
We have heard a random man brag that he has hit 180km/hr when travelling from Abuja to Port Harcourt. On these bad roads?
With

Mine is 120km/h on Port Harcourt - Umuahia Road (many years ago, the road is bad now).

What's the highest speed you have ever hit? Be it during car/bike race or expressway driving, tell us.

Speeding above 110km/h in Nigeria road is unsafe and deadly because our highest posted speed is 110km/h.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Yusful131: 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Speeding above 110km/h is unsafe and deadly here in Nigeria.
The maximum posted speed is 110km/h.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by yashika(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
I have done 200km/h severally along Benin -Ore road was able to snap 160km/ht all on a BMW x5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by yashika(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
Who can beat my record?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Readonee35L(m): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

OK o!! But from the picture you posted abs and traction Control lights were both illuminated.
Look again and point out the abs light angry
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Icterus(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
200 km/hr Jos to gombe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by iPopAlomo(m): 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
I once created this thread... And the mods deleted it claiming it is a sensitive topic...

The same thread by another person made frontpage...

Lemme behave like a millennial now...

"Is nairaland trying to encourage speeding on our Nigerian roads...?!!"

Is this what Seun and Mynd44 are encouraging...
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by mygee33(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
200km/hr several years ago
Benin - Ore highway with a V6 Ford Scorpio.
140km/hr on that car then was like water.
was on 160km/hr, moved to 180... 200. Another spirit say try 210....Thank God I didnt listen.
Not sure I cross 120km/hr now with what I know and seen.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Spain007(m): 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
pocohantas:
Depends on what I am riding,

Car...bike...

Or my man.

Everything join....just gv us ur speed limit on all you mentioned
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by hardbody: 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
DarkJeddi:
If you want to overtake,you are free to do so..

Is 100km/hr the minimum speed limit in Nigeria?

Where you dey run to,I go still reach am.. shocked

Bros calm down, you too dey vex sef

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by nnaeyes6: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
If Na to ride on woman, I de heat 210km per 10mins
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by javispj(m): 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
240km...
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by naijadrivablog: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
iPopAlomo:
I once created this thread... And the mods deleted it claiming it is a sensitive topic...

The same thread by another person made frontpage...

Lemme behave like a millennial now...

"Is naira land trying o encourage speeding on our Nigerian roads...?!!"

Is this what [b]Seu.n [/b]and [b]Mynd.44 [/b]are encouraging...

Not really, this is to also show how bad it is to drive beyond regulated speeds. Read comments of people confessing that they won't try it again (uncoerced). Some too are lying.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Daniellano: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
My was 150km/hr on Lagos-ibadan express way, I actually did this unknowingly, that was when I believed Wat my uncle once told me, he said "wen the road is free u will be tempted to overspeed" that day my car engine made a sound av never heard before, it's like the engine went silent and all I could hear was like a smaller version of a fighter jet sound

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by iPopAlomo(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:

Not really, this is to also show how bad it is to drive beyond regulated speeds. Read comments of people confessing that they won't try it again (uncoerced). Some too are lying.

Bro... I have no qualms with you... I just want the people that deleted the thread to see it...

Let them answer...

We created the same thread with the same title... although mine was years back and yours was pushed to the frontpage... So allow it...
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by icejoel(m): 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:
With

160km/h on Rivers / Akwa Ibom Ogoni Road...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by bluefilm: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
675km/hr during the time we were shooting Fast & Furious 7.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by vicardino(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Can't honestly remember how many times I exhausted the speedometer of isuzu warrior bus when we bought it toks over ten years ago.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by vetrovialMan(m): 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
I have hit 180km/h unintentionally, though not for long, say for about 7 to 12mins, happens when you driving a sweet car. That lovely stretch of road somewhere in Ondo state entoute asaba. Truth be told when I looked at the speed o meter my blood cold small

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Maybach Smart Fortwo? (photos) / 2014 Toyota Highlander Unveiled / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.