Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,900 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? (27303 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Driven Before / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2020
Kekekenny:
I did 210km/hr with my with my camry 05 on 3rd mainland bridge to VI at about 2am. Chased up all Honda's and Jeep away and overtook on the bridge before I realized I had hit 210 and the car max is 220.. funny enough, with the AC on, didn't really feel it cos of the car's great balance. grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Hello
Do you have a car available for rentals on bolt?
Thank you?
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kernniejay(m): 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
Readonee35L:

Still did this recently.
09 camry
2az-fe
5speed auto
Haba, you nor dey fear? 130km/hr on a vehicle with both Check Engine Light and Vehicle Stability Control light fully on? How many lives do you have sef?
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Bigdre31: 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
naijadrivablog:
We have heard a random man brag that he has hit 180km/hr when travelling from Abuja to Port Harcourt. On these bad roads?
With
no regard for safety and human life?

Mine is 120km/h on Port Harcourt - Umuahia Road (many years ago, the road is bad now).
I was running late to a wedding.

What's the highest speed you have ever hit? Be it during car/bike race or expressway driving, tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcOXTzfUGc

180km/hr with my Peugeot 307 sedan on kaduna Abuja express 2017 , have also don about 200 from kogi - Abuja with a Benz c320 2007
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Readonee35L(m): 4:04am On Mar 30, 2020
kernniejay:

Haba, you nor dey fear? 130km/hr on a vehicle with both Check Engine Light and Vehicle Stability Control light fully on? How many lives do you have sef?
Vehicle has Abs and stability control.

Check was on due to missing catalytic converter
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by alphaNomega: 10:20am On Mar 30, 2020
benpuzzy:
Oga make i hear say Lambatta to Paiko road go massage your car wella.

There's actually a good stretch between Lambatta and
Paiko were you can pull this off, unless the chap hit the 200 within Abuja....kubwa express

Kekekenny:
I did 210km/hr with my with my camry 05 on 3rd mainland bridge to VI at about 2am. Chased up all Honda's and Jeep away and overtook on the bridge before I realized I had hit 210 and the car max is 220.. funny enough, with the AC on, didn't really feel it cos of the car's great balance. grin grin grin grin grin shocked

Toyota Camry? Balance? At that speed? This your beans no done

yashika:
Who can beat my record?

Sit down jor, https://www.nairaland.com/5525763/what-highest-speed-ever-hit/3#84011625
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by mgdimagaladima(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
140 In Abuja AYA to Gwarimpa
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by freeman500: 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2020
cotzywitzy:
220 my head and car became light. Never gonna try that ever again. Speed kills o. Dunno if Na my ghost self Dey type this grin
grin grin grin my brother check well oo!
That speed no be small oo
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by tomiwajoshua(m): 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2020
180km on ibadan to ilorin express last December
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by cotzywitzy(m): 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2020
freeman500:

grin grin grin my brother check well oo!
That speed no be small oo

I swear bro at a point I couldn’t hear anything maybe na my mama prayer self help me that day. It was on third Mainland bridge oooo. Never gonna try that shit again.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Atom57(m): 4:42am On Apr 03, 2020
150km/h
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by 9icetoo(m): 9:36am On Apr 03, 2020
kernniejay:

Many many years ago, 504's and 505's didn't have any of those stuff and they still clocked 180km/hr. People who drove at those speeds in those cars devoid of all the bells and whistles in today's cars are still alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by alphaNomega: 10:13am On Apr 03, 2020
kernniejay:

That's almost 200kmph

9icetoo:

Many many years ago, 504's and 505's didn't have any of those stuff and they still clocked 180km/hr. People who drove at those speeds in those cars devoid of all the bells and whistles in today's cars are still alive.

True talk man
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kernniejay(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2020
9icetoo:

Yes, but dont forget that the condition of the roads then in the 70s to 90s was better, now the roads have become dilapidated (except for this Buhari administration that has embarked on road projects massively) the chances of running abruptly into unforseen bumps and potholes is higher now. Besides, many people who drove those 504s and the likes have also had accidents and either died or left with permanent disabilities.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:23am On Apr 03, 2020
kernniejay:

Yes, but dont forget that the condition of the roads then in the 70s to 90s was better, now the roads have become dilapidated (except for this Buhari administration that has embarked on road projects massively) the chances of running abruptly into unforseen bumps and potholes is higher now. Besides, many people who drove those 504s and the likes have also had accidents and either died or left with permanent disabilities.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by gly2ken: 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
150km/hr jos- Abuja road
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by 9icetoo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by greatbrian(m): 1:49am On Apr 04, 2020
A little above 180km/hr.... I'd say 190 if I guess right. Was going from ekiti to kaduna and I left ekiti around 12pm. Twas an Audi a4 07 with comfort and sport gear.... Plan was to enter kaduna in less than 8hrs. And I made it. I achieved the speed between lokoja nd abaji though the highest I could achieve in the so called obajana was 130 due to police check points. Las las I spent led than 5hours to abuja and like 7hrs to Kaduna from ekiti. The car was 2.0 quattro double exhaust.
Men no car passed me that day and it reached a point I wasn't seeing any car again. Second one closer was when I went to buy my matrix in lagos. Decided to sleep over in ekiti and face kaduna the next day that was February. Between toll gate after animal care and Ibadan. I hit above 175km per hour. My coursemate I carried was enjoying suya and some good country music. He later confessed he thought the ride might be our last after how i sped...the guy said as I no see borno I been dey happy not knowing travelling with u is worse than shooting in borno... Las las sha we arrived safely...

Meanwhile who also have this queer nature during driving....... I speed a lot and out of no where I just loose the desire and penchant to speed and I will decelerate to like 60km per hour. And in the next minute I might have the penchant again to race the devil

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by greatbrian(m): 2:09am On Apr 04, 2020
Bigdre31:

180km/hr with my Peugeot 307 sedan on kaduna Abuja express 2017 , have also don about 200 from kogi - Abuja with a Benz c320 2007

That particular Benz is a mad car. The day I had utmost respect for it was like 3 weeks ago. Since then its either Benz or Audi. Was coming from Ibadan back to kaduna on official duty was with my coursemate and colleague and he owns the car... A little after that nns lugard in lokoja I was really overspeeding. Was on sport gear though and was enjoying anyone who isn't me tonight by Kenny rogers. Didnt see all this bend or is it hole that once u enter u feel empty Inside Your stomach etc and everything do happen in seconds so I over sped into it. The car was completely off its feet like it was not air. My coursemate who was enjoying cigarette screamed Jesus and as it landed I lost it control... If it was Toyota or any other brand but German cars either the Car somersaults or something more crazy. All the car did was the tyre screeched and the brake gripped the tyres well.... Asap we were back laughing about it and how a smoker screamed Jesus when he saw death

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Homguy(m): 4:38am On Apr 04, 2020
9icetoo:

did we have the degree of bad roads and lack of maintenance back then as now?
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Homguy(m): 4:50am On Apr 04, 2020
Highest so far is 170km/hr in a 2009 Toyota corolla.

Respect to all the speedsters here, but speedometer readings can be way off your actual speed especially if your tires are not factory spec by switching to larger rims or other mods.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Bizzyliss(m): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2020
Did 160mph on Benz... check that on km/hr

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by freeman500: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2020
Bizzyliss:
Thats like 255kph
Speedy Gonzales
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Kingsteve(m): 9:28am On Apr 05, 2020
Circa 2015.
160km/h on Lokoja-Abuja motorway, on my way to the East.
Infiniti M35 V6 Engine.

Circa 2019
In the wee hours of the morning, when the road was free and inviting.
180km/h along kubwa expressway in Abuja.
Pure adrenaline pumping experience.
Still the same infiniti M35 Beast!

Not trying that shi again.
Life has no duplicate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2020
Bizzyliss:

You did 250km/hr? Where?
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by alphaNomega: 10:30am On Apr 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You did 250km/hr? Where?

Calm down, he snipped it from a YouTube video
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:38am On Apr 05, 2020
alphaNomega:

Obviously.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Bizzyliss(m): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2020
alphaNomega:

send ur whatsapp number for video
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Bizzyliss(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Obviously.
send ur whatsapp num
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2020
Bizzyliss:
send ur whatsapp num

Upload on YT.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Bizzyliss(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Upload on YT.
i no sabi that’s y
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by marshalcarter: 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
Most of y'all doing 990km 1550km... please biko....over speeding kills

my dad went to the east twice and came back same day...was driving a Peugeot...he came back...we were all shocked to see him coming back cos we weren't expecting him...we thought it was a ghost..

we asked him what happened only for my nigga to remain speechless...it was after two days I heard my dad speak...he refused to say what happened till today...all he could tell us that we shouldn't over speed Biko...

May God's protection be upon us ooooooooo

*****modified*****
he reached Lagos with his car but didn't come home with it...and that was the end

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Tweiker: 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Kingsteve:
Circa 2015.
160km/h on Lokoja-Abuja motorway, on my way to the East.
Infiniti M35 V6 Engine.

Circa 2019
In the wee hours of the morning, when the road was free and inviting.
180km/h along kubwa expressway in Abuja.
Pure adrenaline pumping experience.
Still the same infiniti M35 Beast!

Not trying that shi again.
Life has no duplicate!

Lol, look at him
Just look at him!!!!

Borrow pose wey no fit pay 5k

Which infinity is this exactly?
The one you downloaded from Google last week and posted as yours on FB and NL?
Or the current one on your profile which belongs your FB friend Charles Nwoke?

Which one?

Don't make me laugh

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Maybach Smart Fortwo? (photos) / 2014 Toyota Highlander Unveiled / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.