Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? (26440 Views)

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by cenaman(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2019
ayukdaboss:
180km/hr. Ikom/Cameroon Border road, smooth 30 mins drive
Same with me, i did 180plus on my way to younde from ikom.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by MusaDanladi1: 9:59am On Nov 14, 2019
Readonee35L:

Still did this recently.
09 camry
2az-fe
5speed auto
Oga I greet you, VSC light on, traction control light on and check engine light on.. all these on top that speed. I no know wetin to just tell you this morning sef. See as you dey play with danger.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by sunkoye: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2019
did 180 comfortably about 12 years ago........now struggles to do 120 for some obvious reasons. Awon omo mi si kere ohh cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Alkheira(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2019
From Abuja to minna
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by collinsfhk(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2019
Chinakwam:

Liar

Sorry, I avoid nincompoops
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Jakumo(m): 10:14am On Nov 14, 2019
On a whim a few years back, I decided to saddle up and head north along the desolate California Highway 395, all the way to the Mammoth Mountain ski area, in the Sierra Nevada range. The journey began in Ontario California, on a spring day in late May, right at the tail end of the annual ski season.

Highway 395 is a speed demon's playground, where drivers of fast cars engage their electronic police radar-detectors, and then, when the coast is clear, with no California Highway Patrol cruisers on the horizon, open up to full throttle so as to explore the world beyond 100 mph, for mile upon mile of dead-straight trajectory.

On my ski trip from Ontario California to Mammoth Mountain, I averaged 110 mph ( 180km/hr), for a terrestrial flight lasting 4 hours without letup. As night drew closer, I pulled off into the desert, and slept in my car under a star-lit sky, before waking at dawn to complete the desert run by midday the following day, just in time to commence some serious late-season snow skiing under the gondola lifts.

From Google Earth, here is a picture of the fabled Highway 395, where the question is just how long you can cruise in excess of 100 miles per hour, without losing concentration and ending up like James Dean.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kolaaderin: 10:15am On Nov 14, 2019
I have done 190km/h

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Tapout(m): 10:17am On Nov 14, 2019
160km/hr port harcourt to akwa-ibom.would have done more but i was with my dad. i can afford to risk my life alone but not someone else's life esp when that someone is the head of the family. cheesy

meanwhile akwa ibom have really nice roads. cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Mcweber(m): 10:17am On Nov 14, 2019
160mph

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Kakamorufu(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2019
120km/h for now.
bad roads too ain't helping.

A family friend once did 160km/h with Matrix tho

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by AutoPhone: 10:23am On Nov 14, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
My Abuja people would know that good roads japa for Abuja..

One time this years during Sallah break, i was driving 160km along airport road, I just see one car speedily overtook me. My brothers and sisters , you would understand that when a car overtake u with speed, you self would look your speedometer and try to calculate the other car speed.

I look my own 160km, I come say the guy must have been driving 190-200km/hr

Airport road,
Giri
Kubwa and Lugbe
Kwali road too
Asokoro (mad)

all you hear is zooooom

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by gibsonwales(m): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2019
I press d tin finish dat day. 220km/hr on third mainland bridge in Lagos, years ago around midnight. In fact, the speedometer broke into two, then I gave myself small brain. The road was good then

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Olaiya26: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2019
120mph
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by xperiencelove(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2019
I once hit 140km/h from on Ife to Ibadan road but my norm is 100-120km/h depending on the road.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Baroba(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2019
Another useless thread, that's how Una dey waste people's lives, can't believe someone moved this to the front page.. I pray for the day we will have a decent country and peg our speed limit at 70km/hr like the English. This thread is very irresponsible..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Zimmermann(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2019
190km/hr
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by adecz: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2019
200km/hr with a brand new
Chevrolet Lumina®, Abuja- Kd express road,
when it was still good!!

We didn't notice or realize, because the
AC was on music blasting & gas pedal
was like, soft touch.

By the time my eyes went to the
speedometer, I was like shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked!!

Took it down to 140 & kept it there! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by autolearner: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2019
Maxed out the entire limit on a Corolla 06, sometimes in 2016 - Kubwa Express

Did a 170 with a Toyota Venza 13 in 2017, - Airport Express Abuja (Solo)

Did a 180 with a Camry 08 in 2017 - Akure Ilesha Expressway. (Solo)

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Greystone: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2019
Kaduna-Zaria expressway.

I hit 205 km/h.

Flying to go see one babe.
I almost died.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Tapout(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2019
simonsayz:

Toyota Sequoia v8 240 end of speedometer , end of speedometer of Toyota seinna.

i have a cousin that does this... that's why i hardly ride with him.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Readonee35L(m): 11:11am On Nov 14, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Oga I greet you, VSC light on, traction control light on and check engine light on.. all these on top that speed. I no know wetin to just tell you this morning sef. See as you dey play with danger.
I have Abs And Traction control.
Check light is p0420
Catalytic converter is abscent .

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by hezekiahaugusto(m): 11:21am On Nov 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:
We have heard a random man brag that he has hit 180km/hr when travelling from Abuja to Port Harcourt. On these bad roads?
With
no regard for safety and human life?

Mine is 120km/h on Port Harcourt - Umuahia Road (many years ago, the road is bad now).
I was running late to a wedding.

What's the highest speed you have ever hit? Be it during car/bike race or expressway driving, tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcOXTzfUGc

220km/h and i didn't die
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Siberia01(m): 11:24am On Nov 14, 2019
still remembered when I hit 170kmhr with my dad's 1973 Peugeot 504.... I overtook camry muscle the guy shock... I laugh am for my side mirror
the car is very stable at high speed cry
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by RichDad1(m): 11:29am On Nov 14, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

I'm glad I can find someone that can relate. Driving on that road dey sweet belle! The only problem is the 1 million police check points on the road. Its like a convention, they full there. Especially when you're closer to Benin.
Bro, I knocked my engine on that road last year November racing with G-Wagon Brabus on 180km/h. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Antoeni(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2019
Speed Kills

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Kekekenny(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2019
I did 210km/hr with my with my camry 05 on 3rd mainland bridge to VI at about 2am. Chased up all Honda's and Jeep away and overtook on the bridge before I realized I had hit 210 and the car max is 220.. funny enough, with the AC on, didn't really feel it cos of the car's great balance. grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by benpuzzy(m): 11:48am On Nov 14, 2019
Alkheira:
From Abuja to minna
Oga make i hear say Lambatta to Paiko road go massage your car wella.
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by shonepet: 11:50am On Nov 14, 2019
160km/hr from Aba to Umuahia around 2010-2011
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by kutitosin(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:
We have heard a random man brag that he has hit 180km/hr when travelling from Abuja to Port Harcourt. On these bad roads?
With
no regard for safety and human life?

Mine is 120km/h on Port Harcourt - Umuahia Road (many years ago, the road is bad now).
I was running late to a wedding.

What's the highest speed you have ever hit? Be it during car/bike race or expressway driving, tell us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRcOXTzfUGc

200km/h on ibadan ilesha expressway just after the left turn before hitting Ile-Ife. The road is dual carriage until a particular section. Was a student and drove a 3series BMW back then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Jamorezzi: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
160km
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
Ayorexz:
I once hit 210km/hr on a Sunday morning along Kubwa expressway last year October, with my Toyota Camry V6 3.5L engine. As I got to Church, my compressor got burnt, because I got to that ridiculous speed with the AC on. However, that was the first and last time I did that. Though, I've been averaging 120-140km ever since then. I love speed, and don't like cars overtaking me.
Me too, when I drive, it's like I'm racing. If you overtake me, we are on a race from there. I have a pretty fast car so it gives me confidence. I hope it doesn't kill me. grin
Sometimes I'll run 180km and ask myself what if something happen now. Maybe tyres pull. Do you ever ask yourself that too? grin
Re: What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? by benpuzzy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
Siberia01:
still remembered when I hit 170kmhr with my dad's 1973 Peugeot 504.... I overtook camry muscle the guy shock... I laugh am for my side mirror
the car is very stable at high speed cry
That one nah strong car nah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Innoson To Begin Manufacturing Of Low Cost Vehicles In 2018 / Truck Crushes 10-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos ( Photo ) / See The New Limousine Keke Napep Spotted In Festac, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.