Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning (4768 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her / Ladies And Their Way Of Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hmmmm....... I still believe that a human should be able to cut off from anything that brings pain, I used to have an addiction, a bad eating habit..... I dumped it.
midnighter:

Because they get hooked on the idea that they may win "next time" if they just keep trying, no matter how much money they waste
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for the explanation......saw a bastarrrdd above mocking me for asking a simple question.
nuelyoyo:
No it's not, it's a term used in Economics, Sociology and other behavioural science studies. Just google it up, I am too lazy to type.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by midnighter(f): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Hmmmm....... I still believe that a human should be able to cut off from anything that brings pain, I used to have an addiction, a bad eating habit..... I dumped it.

The feeling of winning drowns out the pain, just like the taste of that food or sensation of being drunk drowns out other people's pain until they learn to stop using those things to make themselves feel better and find healthier sources of happiness

Addiction is complicated. At times people cant even explain why they are doing what they are doing except that it makes them feel good at that moment
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
I guess it's all about individual differences. Just like weighing risks before starting a business........I can't understand why anyone would take a ''bad risk repeatedly''.

Gambling is too minor an addiction to render any serious minded person hopeless. Food addiction is far stronger than gambling addiction. I get your point clearly, but I guess it's all about individual differences.
midnighter:

The feeling of winning drowns out the pain, just like the taste of that food or sensation of being drunk drowns out other people's pain until they learn to stop using those things to make themselves feel better and find healthier sources of happiness

Addiction is complicated. At times people cant even explain why they are doing what they are doing except that it makes them feel good at that moment
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by nuelyoyo(m): 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Thanks for the explanation......saw a bastarrrdd above mocking me for asking a simple question.
Nobody knows it all.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by midnighter(f): 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I guess it's all about individual differences. Just like weighing risks before starting a business........I can't understand why anyone would take a ''bad risk repeatedly''.

Gambling is too minor an addiction to render any serious minded person hopeless. Food addiction is far stronger than gambling addiction. I get your point clearly, but I guess it's all about individual differences.

Its about individual differences, sure. So its incorrect for you to then claim that food addiction is "stronger" than gambling addiction. Or for you to call somebodys addiction "minor" or say its not for "serious minded" people. Those are all dismissive words that trivialise an issue that is harming the other person. There are banking executives, doctors and other high-flying people who have all fallen victim to gambling addiction. It's a complex behavioural issue and its also affected by other factors like gender, upbringing and genes. It has little to do with whether a person is serious or not but individual psychology.

The point is that what hooks you may not hook another person. There was a pathway and journey that led you up to that point where you began to have a problem with food. Its the same thing with other addictions like alcohol, sex, spending, television, anything. Choosing to eat when you shouldnt is as much a "bad risk" as choosing to stake a bet with your last N20. You'd still be setting yourself up for disease and misery later on when your eating habit catches up with you. In fact with our high blood pressure and diabetes statistics, the majority of people in this country take so-called "bad risks" every day with their diet and lifestyle yet they are not stigmatised for it.

Im sure you wouldnt like it if somebody told you that being addicted to food only happens with greedy, unserious or "longer-throat" people. That would be ignorant and insensitive, wouldnt it?

You could say that food addiction is easier or more common because we need to eat and so we are necessarily exposed to food more than gambling.

But its wrong to compare one addiction to another because they are all capable of destroying somebodys life, especially if the person is ridiculed instead of being supported properly.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
I had mentioned the word ''pain'' and ''repeated risks''. I am convinced that a serious minded person should be able to break an addiction if it has brought a pain or consequences that has been deep. Someone who isn't serious minded or determined on breaking an addiction will keep wallowing in it with excuses.

I feel anything inhaled, eaten, etc, is far stronger than an addiction that is practiced (betting).Food is also easily available than going to buy codes and playing bets. All kinds of addictions are dumped by people daily, but it depends on a person's determination, seriousness and willingness.
midnighter:

Its about individual differences, sure. So its incorrect for you to then claim that food addiction is "stronger" than gambling addiction. Or for you to call somebodys addiction "minor" or say its not for "serious minded" people. Those are all dismissive words that trivialise an issue that is harming the other person. There are banking executives, doctors and other high-flying people who have all fallen victim to gambling addiction. It's a complex behavioural issue and its also affected by other factors like gender, upbringing and genes. It has little to do with whether a person is serious or not but individual psychology.

The point is that what hooks you may not hook another person. There was a pathway and journey that led you up to that point where you began to have a problem with food. Its the same thing with other addictions like alcohol, sex, spending, television, anything. Choosing to eat when you shouldnt is as much a "bad risk" as choosing to stake a bet with your last N20. You'd still be setting yourself up for disease and misery later on when your eating habit catches up with you. In fact with our high blood pressure and diabetes statistics, the majority of people in this country take so-called "bad risks" every day with their diet and lifestyle yet they are not stigmatised for it.

Im sure you wouldnt like it if somebody told you that being addicted to food only happens with greedy, unserious or "longer-throat" people. That would be ignorant and insensitive, wouldnt it?

You could say that food addiction is easier or more common because we need to eat and so we are necessarily exposed to food more than gambling.

But its wrong to compare one addiction to another because they are all capable of destroying somebodys life, especially if the person is ridiculed instead of being supported properly.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by midnighter(f): 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
I had mentioned the word ''pain'' and ''repeated risks''. I am convinced that a serious minded person should be able to break an addiction if it has brought a pain or consequences that has been deep. Someone who isn't serious minded or determined on breaking an addiction will keep wallowing in it with excuses.

I feel anything inhaled, eaten, etc, is far stronger than an addiction that is practiced (betting).Food is also easily available than going to buy codes and playing bets. All kinds of addictions are dumped by people daily, but it depends on a person's determination, seriousness and willingness.

I think I get what you're saying now but I disagreed with your language.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

you must av thot eatin like a glutton wil add flesh to parts yu had a deficiency buh it did nt work ... grin grin
the best solution to get out of an addiction is "havin no reason to do it" all addict av two things in common; a need & believe
for
hello okash, i have been trying to opt for a loan on my dashboard without success especially @ step 2, contact won't load.
I would like to know what qualify me for a loan and what i need to provide. I will appreciate some assistance and swift response. thanksfavy.. d "need" was if u don't eat much u won't add flesh in d right places, d "believe" was u need food to add weight, discoverin ur genes decide not food can easily make u quit.
For a bet addict, the "need" is money n the "believe" is if i don't make these money on bet i can't make it frm other tins ... if such addict get a hold on stable income enough to meet his needs he wil 4get betting asap.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by rukz: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2019
WaywardSon:
you are funny, I don't think you understand how addiction works you don't just pull the plug, discipline and control is important. It's better someone uses 5k than waste the entire 30k, I have been a fx trader for 3yrs and am only saying how o curbed my bet9ja addiction 5 years ago. These days I don't bet cos I dont need to. Money everywhere
What happened if u just pulled the plug?
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
ChildOfDoom:
hmm.. I get your point. going there to charge phone can lead one to temptation. but what can we do? we see standby generator to power our phones and look away?

my area for example has been on blackout since February 2018
I don't know if you are kidding us with all these epistle or telling the truth.

Sport betting has done lot of unimaginable things to me but your case is something else.

I believe humans are the creator of their misfortune and the architect of their life.

I would have advice you to visit synagogue church of all nation for deliverance but it seem to me you don't wanna help yourself because you have the solution to their problem.

Before now I thought I was the worst person on planet earth but I was wrong.

Your story has inspired me a lot and it has compelled me to stop my gambling addiction.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
Last week I asked myself why was I even betting in the first place but couldn't come up with a logical reason.

Like someone pointed out on my thread, I was greedy and looking for a shorter route in making millions.

Lol, I never knew I was taking the longer route because even if I won a million naira I will look for a sure 2 odd to double the money because betting has taken from me more than what money can replaced.

If only I could turn back the hands of time.. Cursed be the day I ventured into sport betting.
Re: I Have Lost My Sense Of Reasoning by ChildOfDoom: 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
Billi007:

I disagree with you.

With discipline and a clear plan you follow through. You will make money from the bookies. Trust me.
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Woman Who Can Do These To A Man Is A Wife Material / I Am The Most Handsome Man On Nairaland / Dear Ladies, What Do You All Think About This? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.